Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2017, 03:50 AM   #26
deadlysyns
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 980
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

why pay extra juice when you dont have to? the lines are rarely that long. Just prereg the nigjt before.
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #27
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,444
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Grunching, so not sure if this has been addressed...
Why in the world was the $125 monster event taken out? That was the best event and I'm not even going just because I can't play that one. Seriously, what could possibly be the reasoning for getting rid of the best event?

I also wanted the play the women's, but it's starts at 7:00 on a Sunday!!!! I have to drive for 3hrs, so that would be too late of a night and then have to go to work the next day. And, starting at 7 means it's essentially going to be an AIDS turbo.

I'm just completely disappointed in the way this series is set up.
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:05 AM   #28
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,846
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveYouLongTime View Post
Grunching, so not sure if this has been addressed...
Why in the world was the $125 monster event taken out? That was the best event and I'm not even going just because I can't play that one. Seriously, what could possibly be the reasoning for getting rid of the best event?

I also wanted the play the women's, but it's starts at 7:00 on a Sunday!!!! I have to drive for 3hrs, so that would be too late of a night and then have to go to work the next day. And, starting at 7 means it's essentially going to be an AIDS turbo.

I'm just completely disappointed in the way this series is set up.
The $125.00 monster will return in April but wasn’t feasible with the Wsopc tourneys starting the series off.
bigtex21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:49 AM   #29
Jimmy Sommerfeld
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,152
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeLoveYouLongTime View Post
Grunching, so not sure if this has been addressed...
Why in the world was the $125 monster event taken out? That was the best event and I'm not even going just because I can't play that one. Seriously, what could possibly be the reasoning for getting rid of the best event?

I also wanted the play the women's, but it's starts at 7:00 on a Sunday!!!! I have to drive for 3hrs, so that would be too late of a night and then have to go to work the next day. And, starting at 7 means it's essentially going to be an AIDS turbo.

I'm just completely disappointed in the way this series is set up.
The ladies Event is at 12:00! Do not know where you saw 7:00 PM it is definitely at noon.
Jimmy Sommerfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 01:52 AM   #30
Jimmy Sommerfeld
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,152
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Due to wsop scheduling our Circuit event The first week of JAnuary we were unable to have the $100 Monster. We are Guaranteeing $500,000 for a $350 buy in. Will be huge. The Super Satellites with $40,000 Added will Probably get you in the $350 for real cheap! $40 buy In !
Jimmy Sommerfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 06:13 PM   #31
dauntlessone
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 285
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld View Post
Due to wsop scheduling our Circuit event The first week of JAnuary we were unable to have the $100 Monster. We are Guaranteeing $500,000 for a $350 buy in. Will be huge. The Super Satellites with $40,000 Added will Probably get you in the $350 for real cheap! $40 buy In !
I was also disappointed with the removal of the $125 but understand it was not feasible due the earlier start. The $350 looks to be a nice tournaments at the end. Would like you to again consider changing the payouts for the large guaranteed non ring re-entry events to 10%. I understand why it is at 5% and agree with the premise, just not the solution.

My proposition: Make the large field guaranteed tournaments like the colossus whereby payouts start on day 1 and you can cash in multiple flights.

Pros: The WSOP believes (and I agree) that larger number of cashes are amateur friendly. Amateurs are the fuel that feeds the pros and builds large fields. This should speed up action once the bubble bursts. More action means more bust outs which should lead to better initial stack to blind ratios for day 2 play. (Stack sizes throughout day 2 were terrible in the last $125 guaranteed) This format would also encourage re-entries in subsequent flights. Those players who min cashed will be more likely to jump into the next flight if they have something to show for their many hours of effort.

Cons: Will require staff to be setup to process payouts late on day 1. Anyone have cons to add?

Last edited by dauntlessone; 12-29-2017 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Added non ring for clarity
dauntlessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 04:53 AM   #32
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,444
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld View Post
The ladies Event is at 12:00! Do not know where you saw 7:00 PM it is definitely at noon.
Awesome! Rechecked the schedule and sure enough it is at 12:00. Thanks, I'll be there!
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 12:24 AM   #33
jonpollard
adept
 
jonpollard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 912
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauntlessone View Post
I was also disappointed with the removal of the $125 but understand it was not feasible due the earlier start. The $350 looks to be a nice tournaments at the end. Would like you to again consider changing the payouts for the large guaranteed non ring re-entry events to 10%. I understand why it is at 5% and agree with the premise, just not the solution.

My proposition: Make the large field guaranteed tournaments like the colossus whereby payouts start on day 1 and you can cash in multiple flights.

Pros: The WSOP believes (and I agree) that larger number of cashes are amateur friendly. Amateurs are the fuel that feeds the pros and builds large fields. This should speed up action once the bubble bursts. More action means more bust outs which should lead to better initial stack to blind ratios for day 2 play. (Stack sizes throughout day 2 were terrible in the last $125 guaranteed) This format would also encourage re-entries in subsequent flights. Those players who min cashed will be more likely to jump into the next flight if they have something to show for their many hours of effort.

Cons: Will require staff to be setup to process payouts late on day 1. Anyone have cons to add?
Jimmy listen to this, from what I've gathered from locals this is 100% accurate and it would make day two way more meaningful from the jump

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
jonpollard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:28 PM   #34
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,846
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpollard View Post
Jimmy listen to this, from what I've gathered from locals this is 100% accurate and it would make day two way more meaningful from the jump

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
We know Jimmy reads this but tell him in person as he always listens to players. Players may not get the answer they want but he does listen and considers. Corrections he listens to all players but I think he ignores me (he said something about me being a “Chainsaw” junior.
bigtex21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #35
J_early
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 292
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

What time will day 2 of the main event restart?
J_early is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #36
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,846
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_early View Post
What time will day 2 of the main event restart?
It is normally 2 pm
bigtex21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 08:50 AM   #37
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 651
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_early View Post
What time will day 2 of the main event restart?
Noon
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:27 AM   #38
SJCX
adept
 
SJCX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 848
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Is Day 2 of the 300k Monster stack on Saturday or Sunday?
SJCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 10:31 AM   #39
modfw
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 56
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCX View Post
Is Day 2 of the 300k Monster stack on Saturday or Sunday?
Friday.
modfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #40
deadlysyns
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 980
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

How many runners for flight A and B of the Monster stack?
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 11:57 AM   #41
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 651
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysyns View Post
How many runners for flight A and B of the Monster stack?
Flight A- 48/287
Flight B- 27/175
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 12:49 PM   #42
deadlysyns
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 980
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by seiken_nick View Post
Flight A- 48/287
Flight B- 27/175
thnx...
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 05:32 PM   #43
Recruiter
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Grand Prairie, TX
Posts: 131
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Are all payouts 10%? I don't see that info on structure sheets on pokerexecutives.com.
Recruiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:14 PM   #44
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,846
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recruiter View Post
Are all payouts 10%? I don't see that info on structure sheets on pokerexecutives.com.
All payouts are 10% unless structure sheet says otherwise
bigtex21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:43 AM   #45
deadlysyns
adept
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 980
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

1595 total runners for the $300k tourney...

pays 171
1st gets $80k
deadlysyns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:04 AM   #46
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 651
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlysyns View Post
1595 total runners for the $300k tourney...

pays 171
1st gets $80k
Correction, I get $80,136. Haha. Good luck everyone today in day 2!
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:04 PM   #47
bigtex21
Pooh-Bah
 
bigtex21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tunica, Ms.
Posts: 5,846
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Just a FYI to remind people that after the WSOPC ring events Choctaw Casino-Durant Ok will be having on January 17 a $20,000 added $25.00-$15.00 Satellite at noon and 5 pm plus there are 6 Mega $65.00 Satellites for our $350.00 tourney with a $500,000 guarantee.
bigtex21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 12:51 AM   #48
MeLoveYouLongTime
Not a difficult personality
 
MeLoveYouLongTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Gallifrey
Posts: 10,444
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

The hidden $47 room on Priceline is the Hampton Inn.
MeLoveYouLongTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #49
Rip-omatic
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Anyone get a count on runners for flight C & D for the $500k? (1092 for A & B)
Rip-omatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 07:08 PM   #50
modfw
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 56
Re: WSOPC Choctaw January 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip-omatic View Post
Anyone get a count on runners for flight C & D for the $500k? (1092 for A & B)
2,490 total so far and counting
modfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online