Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana)

08-31-2011 , 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsalt
great info and posts- i have one more question. will we be able to register wednesday night for the 1st thursday event?

if so, how late, and in the poker room or on the roof? thanks!
Registration 4 pm til midnight just as you enter the casino by the million dollar wall.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
08-31-2011 , 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsalt
great info and posts- i have one more question. will we be able to register wednesday night for the 1st thursday event?

if so, how late, and in the poker room or on the roof? thanks!
Registration will open Wednesday, Sept. 7th at 4pm until 11pm, then 9am-midnight daily after that. WSOP Registration will be at the desk across from Total Rewards as you enter the main ramp on the left. You can register for any event (except Event #25) at any time.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
08-31-2011 , 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Morris998
Registration will open Wednesday, Sept. 7th at 4pm until 11pm, then 9am-midnight daily after that. WSOP Registration will be at the desk across from Total Rewards as you enter the main ramp on the left. You can register for any event (except Event #25) at any time.
Richard your poker room is telling people that registration will be open until midnight on the 7th. You need to talk to them so they don't make some people mad by giving out wrong info.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
08-31-2011 , 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Richard your poker room is telling people that registration will be open until midnight on the 7th. You need to talk to them so they don't make some people mad by giving out wrong info.
Thanks for the info, I'll pass the word!
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
08-31-2011 , 09:41 PM
Here's a link for the latest photos of the Tournament Room!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7.150817836164
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-01-2011 , 12:12 AM
Thanks for the info on the waiting lists Richard. That sounds great. The latest photos look awesome, I'm excited and can't wait.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-01-2011 , 09:51 AM
Since the tourney is on the roof what restroom facilities are up there? Seems like the elevator might get a little busy at breaks with 400-500 people needing a restroom at the same time and only a 15 minute break.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-01-2011 , 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Since the tourney is on the roof what restroom facilities are up there? Seems like the elevator might get a little busy at breaks with 400-500 people needing a restroom at the same time and only a 15 minute break.
Restrooms are located on the other 3 levels. We will try to encourage abled-body people to use the stairs and allow those who need the elevator easier access.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-02-2011 , 10:44 PM
Scotty Nguyen will be playing in the first re-entry $345 Ring event #4A on Friday, Sept. 9th at noon.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-04-2011 , 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Morris998
Scotty Nguyen will be playing in the first re-entry $345 Ring event #4A on Friday, Sept. 9th at noon.
Good I haven't seen Scotty in a couple of years, hope he's a little more sober than at the wsop 08 horse tourney but then I have never seen Scotty without a beer in his hand.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-04-2011 , 11:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Good I haven't seen Scotty in a couple of years, hope he's a little more sober than at the wsop 08 horse tourney but then I have never seen Scotty without a beer in his hand.
I hope he's loaded. I will buy him one just to help him along
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Morris998
Scotty Nguyen will be playing in the first re-entry $345 Ring event #4A on Friday, Sept. 9th at noon.
Im glad im playing the horse tournament that day. hopefully im on the opposite end of the casino.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 03:54 PM
This has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find it by skimming the thread, but is the tent that is set up on the roof air conditioned?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNamesAreWeird
This has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find it by skimming the thread, but is the tent that is set up on the roof air conditioned?
Yes it does have AC but from what I have heard you won't need a jacket unless you are under a vent.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 08:26 PM
Does anyone know if you can use credit cards for the buy in or is Cash the only option?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper2323
Does anyone know if you can use credit cards for the buy in or is Cash the only option?
Cash or chips no credit cards
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-05-2011 , 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper2323
Does anyone know if you can use credit cards for the buy in or is Cash the only option?
Louisiana gaming law prohibits credit cards for buy-ins, but you can take your credit card to the cage and get a cash advance(for a fee, a rather large fee!) You can register with cash, casino chips or tournament buy-in chips.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-06-2011 , 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Morris998
Louisiana gaming law prohibits credit cards for buy-ins, but you can take your credit card to the cage and get a cash advance(for a fee, a rather large fee!) You can register with cash, casino chips or tournament buy-in chips.
It would be cheaper to go to a local bank and get a cash advance on a credit card the fees are a lot less than at the casino.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-06-2011 , 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Yes it does have AC but from what I have heard you won't need a jacket unless you are under a vent.
Was wondering about this... so safe to say it will be warmer than most casinos?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-06-2011 , 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsalt
Was wondering about this... so safe to say it will be warmer than most casinos?
That is what I have heard - comfortable but not cold like in most venues.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-06-2011 , 11:33 PM
Heading there at 8am with about a 6 hour drive and will be there thru the main event. Had a problem with my room hotel called saying they had to cancel as they were over booked but they called back saying everything was OK after I called Corp office and complained now I'm ready to play poker.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-07-2011 , 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsalt
Was wondering about this... so safe to say it will be warmer than most casinos?
Bring Jacket!!!!! Was cold in there today. Warmed up fast when they turned ac off. I would be prepared ....
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-07-2011 , 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
Bring Jacket!!!!! Was cold in there today. Warmed up fast when they turned ac off. I would be prepared ....
Jimmy the other day you said it wasn't cold you change your mind more often than my wife does.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-07-2011 , 02:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Heading there at 8am with about a 6 hour drive and will be there thru the main event. Had a problem with my room hotel called saying they had to cancel as they were over booked but they called back saying everything was OK after I called Corp office and complained now I'm ready to play poker.
hey tex, same thing happened to me, they called earlier today so I have to call back in the morning to get it resolved, can u tell me the corp #?

I think calling them will give me a better chance @ getting the room back that I reserved; pretty rediculous problem
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
09-07-2011 , 05:04 AM
Got into bossier earlier tonight and although I'm not staying here I came to the shoe to take care of my great race promo and to check it out (writing this from the burger place). I've never been here and it is nicer than i expected. Was gonna play some poker but only 1/2 nl and 4/8l were spread so I hit the pit (which I try to not do). After getting stuck a bunch I am now up $2100 after one good shoe in the high limit room. I hereby offer anyone that knows me (or has the balls to ask a random person that u think may be me) the following freeroll: catch me playing in the pit and I'll insta ship u a $hundo.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote

      
m