Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana)

07-17-2011 , 02:22 AM
Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana)
The first WSOPC stop of the 2011-2012 year should be a very good addition to the WSOPC family drawing a large field and now that it is official we are ready for the schedule. Come on Jimmy post it here.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 02:33 AM
Is Jimmy running this one? If so I just went from 50-50 to 90-10 on coming to this one.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 02:35 AM
btw tex one of the other threads posted a spoiler poster, not sure if you saw:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...d=150817836164

No idea if its legit or not. I think this was in the wsop circuit thread
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 02:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilprog
Is Jimmy running this one? If so I just went from 50-50 to 90-10 on coming to this one.
Jimmy is running it

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilprog
btw tex one of the other threads posted a spoiler poster, not sure if you saw:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...d=150817836164

No idea if its legit or not. I think this was in the wsop circuit thread
I want Jimmy to post info here and on WSOP.com so we can not only see the events but info on starting chips levels ect. of all the events, not just a list of events from a flyer.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 10:12 AM
Pretty nice casino/playing area?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 10:53 AM
I'm disappointed it looks like there's only going to be 1 non nl ring event according to that flyer. To add more ring events yet take away a non nl event is a let down to me in a schedule that otherwise looks great. I think each stop should have a limit ring event and a pot limit event. What does everyone else think?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb3rd811
What does everyone else think?
I seen that and was wondering if they have a 1k event (2day) on thursday and the MAIN flight 1 starting at noon on friday what do the people do if they make the FT of the 1k on thursday they just get one shot at the MAIN in the 2nd flight if the FT goes for hours and hours?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddsalt
Pretty nice casino/playing area?
Its a 3 story boat mainly all slots, smaller than Harrahs Tunica, poker room is smallish. They have a concert venue, I assume we play in there, although Big Tex mentioned in another thread there maybe some form of temporary structure for this. Bout a 20 story hotel, rooms are very nice. Not much at all within walking distance, but they have shuttles to other casinos and downtown
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktw1021
Its a 3 story boat mainly all slots, smaller than Harrahs Tunica, poker room is smallish. They have a concert venue, I assume we play in there, although Big Tex mentioned in another thread there maybe some form of temporary structure for this. Bout a 20 story hotel, rooms are very nice. Not much at all within walking distance, but they have shuttles to other casinos and downtown
Appreciate the response. Going to look at hotels in the area shortly... the Horseshoe averages $235 a night for the opening Thurs. thru Sunday night. It does look nice but that's a little steep. If you are staying only during the week, the rate looks like $100.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:34 AM
The poker room is pretty nice with 13-14 tables. I was told by a dealer that they will be building a hard sided tent on the roof where the Shoe often hosts parties. They said that there will be 46 tables up there.

The Shoe hotel is very nice. The prices vary wildly throughout the year. I have paid as little as $45 weekday and have seen $5-600 advertised on weekends. The Hilton across the river is usually a reasonable value. It is about 3 years old and I get weekend nights there often in the $119 range. There is a new Marriot right next to the Shoe. Don't be fooled by the location on the map though. There is a railroad track in between the two that requires a car ride around it.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:46 AM
^^^
Thanks for the above info, hope its a nice tent. Glad there is another circuit event within 3 hours of DFW. Hope they have enough tables for the turnouts.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobpoker
The poker room is pretty nice with 13-14 tables. I was told by a dealer that they will be building a hard sided tent on the roof where the Shoe often hosts parties. They said that there will be 46 tables up there.

The Shoe hotel is very nice. The prices vary wildly throughout the year. I have paid as little as $45 weekday and have seen $5-600 advertised on weekends. The Hilton across the river is usually a reasonable value. It is about 3 years old and I get weekend nights there often in the $119 range. There is a new Marriot right next to the Shoe. Don't be fooled by the location on the map though. There is a railroad track in between the two that requires a car ride around it.
Anything on a tourney room rate code the hotel had no info for a tourney discount as I just tried to book for 9/07 thru 9/19 and was hit with rates from $60 to $410 guess I'll find someplace else to stay unless they give a decent tourney rate since I refuse to pay $1985 plus tax for a room that you spend very little time in. Anyone know of a decent reasonable extended stay type hotel in the area?
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktw1021
^^^
Thanks for the above info, hope its a nice tent. Glad there is another circuit event within 3 hours of DFW. Hope they have enough tables for the turnouts.
It should be nice I heard they are paying $42,000 just to rent the portable AC unit for it.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
Anything on a tourney room rate code the hotel had no info for a tourney discount as I just tried to book for 9/07 thru 9/19 and was hit with rates from $60 to $410 guess I'll find someplace else to stay unless they give a decent tourney rate since I refuse to pay $1985 plus tax for a room that you spend very little time in. Anyone know of a decent reasonable extended stay type hotel in the area?
Please let me know if you find a good rate somewhere!
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 06:44 PM
Bobpoker is right on with what he said. Having stayed in pretty much every nearby downtown hotel and many nearby motels over the years, I can offer advice if someone has questions about a particular hotel or motel. Feel free to ask.

All of the casino hotels are very nice but pricey. They are all booked up solid probably 80-90% of the time on Friday/Saturday nights, so with the WSOP in town, you better book now. Hilton is really nice, Courtyard Marriott in the Boardwalk next door to the Shoe is nice, nothing fancy but nice and brand new. As of right now Traffic St (you enter the Shoe from Traffic St) is closed to thru traffic while the street is widened and a railroad bridge replaced. The scheduled completion date is September. I really hope they get it done before the WSOP event. All it means is, traffic is rerouted and to go next door from the Shoe to the Boardwalk shopping center, the Marriott or BassPro, you have to hit I-20 and go over the river and back around through downtown. It's only a 2-3 mile drive but it costs about $7-8 in a cab. And as Bob said, you can't walk (yet) because of the construction and the railroad tracks are all fenced off so you can't (legally/easily) cross them.

Again, if anyone has questions about a particular hotel/motel in Shreveport or Bossier, just let me know I'll be glad to tell you if I've stayed there and what it's like. Beware, everything around downtown should be pretty safe, but as you move away from downtown there can be some really seedy places that look good in the photos but I wouldn't want to leave my car over night, much less sleep there.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 06:46 PM
Easier to read than the low res scan from the Shoe's FB page.

Quote:
Event # Date Day Time Event Buy-In Entry Fee

Sep 8 Thurs – Satellites and Registration Begin – –

1 Sep 8 Thurs 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

2 Sep 8 Thurs 5 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em (1 day event) $200 $35

3 Sep 8 Thurs 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

4A Sep 9 Fri 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event 1A Re-Entry (2 day event)* $300 $45

5 Sep 9 Fri 5 PM H.O.R.S.E. Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

6 Sep 9 Fri 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

4B Sep 10 Sat 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event 1B Re-Entry (2 day event)* $300 $45

7 Sep 10 Sat 5 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $500 $55

8 Sep 10 Sat 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em (1 day event) $200 $35

9 Sep 11 Sun 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

10 Sep 11 Sun 5 PM Seniors No-Limit Hold 'Em (1 day event) $200 $35

11 Sep 11 Sun 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

12 Sep 12 Mon 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

13 Sep 12 Mon 5 PM Omaha High Low (1 day event) $200 $35

14 Sep 12 Mon 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

15 Sep 13 Tues 12 PM 6-Handed No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

16 Sep 13 Tues 5 PM Pot-Limit Omaha (1 day event) $200 $35

17 Sep 13 Tues 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

18 Sep 14 Wed 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $500 $55

19 Sep 14 Wed 5 PM Pot-Limit Omaha 8 or Better (1 day event) $200 $35

20 Sep 14 Wed 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

21 Sep 15 Thurs 12 PM Turbo No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (1 day event)* $300 $45

22 Sep 15 Thurs 5 PM $1K Mega Satellite $200 $35

23 Sep 15 Thurs 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Nightly (1 day event) $100 $20

24 Sep 16 Fri 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $1,000 $80

25 Sep 16 Fri 5 PM Super Satellite w/ Re-Buys 20 Seats Guaranteed $50 $20

26 Sep 16 Fri 7 PM Mega Satellite $300 $35

27A Sep 17 Sat 11 AM No-Limit Hold 'Em Championship Event $1,500 $100
Re-Entry 1A (3 day event)*

28 Sep 17 Sat 5 PM Turbo Mega Satellite $300 $35

27B Sep 17 Sat 7 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Championship Event $1,500 $100
Re-Entry 1B (3 day event)*

Sep 18 Sun 12 PM No-Limit Championship Event Day 2*

29 Sep 18 Sun 2 PM Ladies No-Limit Hold 'Em (1 day event)** $200 $35

30 Sep 18 Sun 5 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event (2 day event)* $300 $45

Sep 19 Mon 12 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Championship Final Table

Sep 19 Mon 2 PM No-Limit Hold 'Em Ring Event #30 Final Table
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 07:45 PM
One more thing, unless they make a one time change, there is no such thing as a poker room rate at the Horseshoe in Bossier City. If you have a higher (than Gold) status and you give them a call they will sometimes knock off 10-20% and if you have two people staying in the room with players cards, call and give them both player card numbers and sometimes they will discount the room even more.

They book up solid almost every single Friday/Saturday night and they give away alot of rooms to their bigger slots/pit players, so there is really no need to give big discounts off of advertised rates to poker players and low rollers.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTxGuy
Easier to read than the low res scan from the Shoe's FB page.
Thanks for this update!! Very helpful!!
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyTxGuy
One more thing, unless they make a one time change, there is no such thing as a poker room rate at the Horseshoe in Bossier City. If you have a higher (than Gold) status and you give them a call they will sometimes knock off 10-20% and if you have two people staying in the room with players cards, call and give them both player card numbers and sometimes they will discount the room even more.

They book up solid almost every single Friday/Saturday night and they give away alot of rooms to their bigger slots/pit players, so there is really no need to give big discounts off of advertised rates to poker players and low rollers.
I have a platinum card and was quoted $60 weekdays-$300 and $400 weekends. I would not pay $300-400 unless a hooker came with the room that I could rent out.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:10 PM
Great stuff, LuckyTX... I'll be sifting though hotels shortly. Appreciate the posts.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:44 PM
Any experience with Diamond Jacks? Looks like right about 1 mile from Horseshoe... pretty decent reviews.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-17-2011 , 11:58 PM
Diamond Jacks has nice big rooms. It was formerly Isle of Capri and the last time I stayed there, they hadn't remodeled the rooms so they still had all the Isle of Capri bight colors in the rooms. Kind of gawdy.lol But very nice and clean. The casino seems to be frequented by a "low roller" type if you get my drift, but again, the rooms, restaurants and common areas have always been great.

And yes it is VERY close to the Shoe. Very easy access.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-18-2011 , 12:01 AM
Yes, I know exactly what you mean. There's an Isle of Capri near my house and your description of the decor/players fits it perfectly... I'll do some more research. Thanks!
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-18-2011 , 12:12 AM
The Hilton downtown is good, but if you are going for a week or more and will be doing some cooking then you can't beat:

Homewood Suites by Hilton® Shreveport
5485 Financial Plaza
Shreveport, Louisiana
71129
1-318-549-2000

Located about 15 minutes down I-20very easy access. Super friendly and nice break from casino scene.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote
07-18-2011 , 12:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckU
The Hilton downtown is good, but if you are going for a week or more and will be doing some cooking then you can't beat:

Homewood Suites by Hilton® Shreveport
5485 Financial Plaza
Shreveport, Louisiana
71129
1-318-549-2000

Located about 15 minutes down I-20very easy access. Super friendly and nice break from casino scene.
Spot on. Very nice place with good service.
WSOP Circuit: Sep 8-19, 2011 Horseshoe Bossier City (Louisiana) Quote

      
m