Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 AM   #226
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,824
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagrims View Post
I am pretty sure he means they made improvements to the location (the lighting, for example). Still the same place.
They have scaffolding along the edge of the table area with spotlights which shine onto the room. The lighting is improved, but there are still spots which are as dark as before.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:30 AM   #227
mr_chip72
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 30
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
They have scaffolding along the edge of the table area with spotlights which shine onto the room. The lighting is improved, but there are still spots which are as dark as before.
I walked in and walked out yesterday. My basement poker table and seats are higher quality than what they're using. I want them to run a successful series but they don't seem to care.
mr_chip72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:27 PM   #228
TDChrisG
PH POKER ROOM MGR.
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 577
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
They have scaffolding along the edge of the table area with spotlights which shine onto the room. The lighting is improved, but there are still spots which are as dark as before.
yes and no, we have an additional room that goes back into play 6/19. 28 more tables with solid lighting
TDChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:32 PM   #229
AllInNTheDark
old hand
 
AllInNTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pacific coast
Posts: 1,540
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Only played one MTT here so far this summer. It was run well, only one or two bad dealers, and pretty good structure. Chairs still horrible. I think they must not have much of a budget. If that's the case, they do well with what they have.
AllInNTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 04:05 PM   #230
Black Aces 518
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Black Aces 518's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: same dances in the same ole shoes
Posts: 8,090
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

I played one here as well, most dealers were fine to good. I had one who tilted me because he always just HAD to make change, no matter how obvious it was that it would be fine. For example, if the blinds are 400/800 with a 100 ante, and the SB has a 500 chip out, you will not have a problem making change, but he would always break it down to the point of stopping dealing and presenting the 500 chip to another player to get 100 chips. One other dealer was trying way too hard to go way too fast in breaking down and counting stacks for an all-in.

Structure was really good, had no issue with lighting or other issues. Would happily play here again if it fit my schedule.
Black Aces 518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:22 PM   #231
michelle227
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,405
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_chip72 View Post
I walked in and walked out yesterday. My basement poker table and seats are higher quality than what they're using. I want them to run a successful series but they don't seem to care.
I will disagree that they don't seem to care. I was genuinely surprised but impressed when Chris sought me out during a break in the Seniors Event. He did so specifically because of the back-and-forth discussions that had occurred here prior to any of the Series getting underway (and, yes, that dealt with the ante stuff).

He had no obligation to have done so and I don't know if he found me because of the fact that I was tweeting as the event went on, but a TD that doesn't give a damn is not going to go seek out a player who had a differing viewpoint.

Are there lighting issues and lingering poor dealer issues that surface every now and then? Yes. But it was still better than last year.
michelle227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #232
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,657
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Maybe he means PHo when he says "they". There are a lot of things out of the TD's control. And while it appears he does genuinely care, it sure looks like the rest of PHo doesn't. The attitude I've gotten from tournament floor and staff there almost guarantees that I'll never go back.

It's easy to get updates on them, too. Plenty of people I meet at other venues aren't hesitant to talk about their experience there.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 04:11 PM   #233
TDChrisG
PH POKER ROOM MGR.
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 577
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle227 View Post
I will disagree that they don't seem to care. I was genuinely surprised but impressed when Chris sought me out during a break in the Seniors Event. He did so specifically because of the back-and-forth discussions that had occurred here prior to any of the Series getting underway (and, yes, that dealt with the ante stuff).

He had no obligation to have done so and I don't know if he found me because of the fact that I was tweeting as the event went on, but a TD that doesn't give a damn is not going to go seek out a player who had a differing viewpoint.

Are there lighting issues and lingering poor dealer issues that surface every now and then? Yes. But it was still better than last year.
It was very nice meeting you and glad you finally changed your mind about big blind ante

Just kidding! Hope to see you again!
TDChrisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 11:40 AM   #234
michelle227
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,405
Re: Phamous Poker Series GOLIATH 2018 FINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDChrisG View Post
It was very nice meeting you and glad you finally changed your mind about big blind ante

Just kidding! Hope to see you again!
I hear you...was exceptionally pleased to hear you had revisited the notion

And yeah, I'll be back...just that next year, I will try to remember that birthday run-good stops at midnight. But I have to come back to defend my Final Table appearance LOL! Next year, I take it down...
michelle227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online