Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2024 WSOP! 2024 WSOP!

04-02-2024 , 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
You mean way back in the day? The $65 big sandwich tournament? lol

You can view all their tournaments and cash games and live info on the Poker Atlas app. It looks pretty dead the times I look on the app, but I have not looked at the tournaments to see how many runners.
Wow someone (Young or Old) has great memories!!

Yes $65 big sandwich (:

Funny story . I never played poker in my life before 2006. By Strock of Luck I won free entry in to WSOP ME through “BLUFF “ magazine.

Someone suggested that in order to get feel of Casino poker tournaments ( my knowledge was only limited to reading books!! ) ,I should play at Sahara . I played 3-4 tournaments there before 2006 ME . On the 3rd try I won $65 tournament !!!!
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 11:32 AM
I saw that headline yesterday and assumed it was an April fools joke. Is it real?
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 11:35 AM
Yea, after the 1st break and getting to eat part of the big sandwich the structure would turn to crap and most times you would just have paid $65 for a sandwich. lol
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMcCoy
Posted 1st April
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
I saw that headline yesterday and assumed it was an April fools joke. Is it real?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxiFixi
Posted 1st April
Yep, it took me a few minutes to make that association. Dumb ass me even read it and thought Phil H exempt? Oh well sell me some waterfront land in Florida.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMcCoy
Yep, it took me a few minutes to make that association. Dumb ass me even read it and thought Phil H exempt? Oh well sell me some waterfront land in Florida.
Ha, that's not hard to find. Maybe beachfront property in Arizona?
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7
Hey bucketorocks , I use to be a big fan of Sahara Daily Poker Tournaments (I think it used to be $85 or something). Do they still run it ? It used to get 100-150 runners every day.
Their website says they do, but Iíve never actually seen one running.
At most they may have a single cash table going.

I can probably get you front row Magic Mike tickets, if youíre into that sort of thing 😆
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMcCoy
What the Heck ? Is this an April fools Joke?https://www.poker.org/wsop-bans-chip...-series/?amp=1
Yes, that's an April Fools prank and a darned good one.
Maybe one day I'll master the art of riffling chips myself.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaJohnny
Ha, that's not hard to find. Maybe beachfront property in Arizona?
Okefenokee Swamp and the Everglades are more my style
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parisron
I saw that headline yesterday and assumed it was an April fools joke. Is it real?
No Sahara use to offer sandwiches during the break around 7PM
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaJohnny
Ha, that's not hard to find. Maybe beachfront property in Arizona?
Oh interesting. I will buy too!

And any of these states !

Arkansas, Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.



LOL

Last edited by riverph7; 04-02-2024 at 01:24 PM.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-02-2024 , 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7
No Sahara use to offer sandwiches during the break around 7PM
That was a reply about the April fools joke about not shuffling chips at WSOP.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-03-2024 , 11:56 AM
I had a buddy who used to run a home poker league and based the structure off the Sahara "big sandwich" tourney. We played it while out in Vegas for the WSOP back in the day, def a fun tourney and def the structure went south after the break. Before the tourney, I sat down at 3-card to get a "free" drink and dusted off a really quick $200 haha.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-03-2024 , 07:28 PM
So now that the dust has settled on most of the major summer series schedules, what is everyone planning to play?

When I think of the WSOP, the most unique elements are the mixed games offerings and the cheap mega field tournaments with great structure. I was initially planning to play the Milly Maker or Monster Stack, but I was lucky enough to cash the Monster last year and I don't like the new third starting flight in those events, so I think I'll be skipping them. Current plan is actually to arrive Memorial Day weekend and try my luck in the $600-1100 Wynn and Venetian events. If I can bink a healthy score there, maybe I'll try to play the WSOP Main in July. It's the white whale on my tournament bucket list. If I crash and burn in May, I may not actually fire a WSOP event this year, though the $600 Deep Stack Championship and $500 Salute events in late June will be great value options. I've booked travel for three separate short trips built around these options (May, June, July).

Looking ahead, the $1.5k dealer's choice is something I want to play in future years once I've expanded my mixed games repertoire. You can play good NLHE events any time of the year, but these mixed games tournaments are quite scarce on the calendar.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-03-2024 , 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace
So now that the dust has settled on most of the major summer series schedules, what is everyone planning to play?

When I think of the WSOP, the most unique elements are the mixed games offerings and the cheap mega field tournaments with great structure. I was initially planning to play the Milly Maker or Monster Stack, but I was lucky enough to cash the Monster last year and I don't like the new third starting flight in those events, so I think I'll be skipping them. Current plan is actually to arrive Memorial Day weekend and try my luck in the $600-1100 Wynn and Venetian events. If I can bink a healthy score there, maybe I'll try to play the WSOP Main in July. It's the white whale on my tournament bucket list. If I crash and burn in May, I may not actually fire a WSOP event this year, though the $600 Deep Stack Championship and $500 Salute events in late June will be great value options. I've booked travel for three separate short trips built around these options (May, June, July).

Looking ahead, the $1.5k dealer's choice is something I want to play in future years once I've expanded my mixed games repertoire. You can play good NLHE events any time of the year, but these mixed games tournaments are quite scarce on the calendar.
The dust has cleared? Did Orleans and Nugget release their schedules and I missed it?
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-03-2024 , 10:48 PM
Nope, a quick check on Kenny's spreadsheet will show. Not MGM yet either.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1358752404
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 01:47 AM
A lot is still missing 6-7 weeks ahead…
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meh
The dust has cleared? Did Orleans and Nugget release their schedules and I missed it?
I was as baffled by that comment as you were. And what about Aria? I think there are still more schedules unreleased, than released.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 11:24 AM
I feel more unreleased than released.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can U Get This Out
I feel more unreleased than released.
Iím sure you will be able to find someone in Vegas to help you out.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 05:59 PM
Still no WSOP online schedule released? They still putting it together?!
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-04-2024 , 08:29 PM
I see that I spoke too soon. WSOP/Wynn/Venetian were the big dominoes for me, so I was maybe too quick to assume that the same applied to everyone else. I will say that it's hard to get excited about anticipating the schedule for a venue like Aria when their engagement with summer poker has typically been a lazy copy+paste of generic NLHE events with maybe the odd PLO tourney mixed in. Nugget and Orleans do some cool stuff, but the distance from the strip is a consistent deterrent for me.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-05-2024 , 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace
I see that I spoke too soon. WSOP/Wynn/Venetian were the big dominoes for me, so I was maybe too quick to assume that the same applied to everyone else. I will say that it's hard to get excited about anticipating the schedule for a venue like Aria when their engagement with summer poker has typically been a lazy copy+paste of generic NLHE events with maybe the odd PLO tourney mixed in. Nugget and Orleans do some cool stuff, but the distance from the strip is a consistent deterrent for me.

Oh, I agree with you there. Aria seems to put so little consideration into its schedule I wonder why it always takes the casino so long to release it.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-05-2024 , 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaJohnny
Oh, I agree with you there. Aria seems to put so little consideration into its schedule I wonder why it always takes the casino so long to release it.
Speaking up for those of us who do play almost exclusively NLHE, I actually like that Aria has such a simple summer schedule. When I go for the WSOP, I have a week at most, and that's usually taken up with firing two or three bullets at bracelet events. I like that when I have a single day to fill with something else, I can usually count on the Aria having their $600 one-day tournament going. I like that tournament's combo of structure, price point, and field size. Yes, I know it can go pretty late on some days, which could screw up your sleep if you're entering a WSOP event with a 10 AM start time the next morning, but if I'm playing that late I can at least count on a pretty good cash to make it worth it.
2024 WSOP! Quote
04-05-2024 , 11:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk
Iím sure you will be able to find someone in Vegas to help you out.
...beat...beat...BWHAAA HAAA HAAA!!!! Thank you for that akashenk, I needed a good belly laugh this morning!
2024 WSOP! Quote

      
m