Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! 2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !!

07-19-2022 , 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
Here you go. You are wrong on all counts.
And again, I was patient and kind to all employees.

https://www.cardschat.com/news/deale...110673-110673/
Where am I wrong? You exaggerated the color-up story and you repeated a story which you got from someone telling a story about something they heard. Not even a first hand account.

And now you post about people being in horror that out of millions of hands dealt, there were a few accidentally mucked hands and some stack miscounts. OMG! The horror! That never happens anywhere else

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
The entire first level. Full stop. I understand the risk of sold stacks, you just have to understand that I am not lying. Over 40 mins to fill the 5 and 6 seat later in the same tournament. By definition levels, not a level
I also witnessed tables that started later than others due to insufficient players, or tables that played short handed longer than others. The point you’re missing is this is not some huge widespread problem, and is a direct result of the logistical challenge of putting on these types of mega field events. If you stick to events with a few hundred players, you are unlikely to see this sort of thing. If you’re going to play the mega field events, the relatively small chance this happens is one of those things you just have to live with until such time as the entire registration system is overhauled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker

My position is that Subway should not be rationing Sriracha and forcing Mayo on people. Never said terminate lease. Literally just explained what I witnessed. You and several others simping for Subway, and Ballys, bizarre.
No one, to my knowledge, really cares about your position on subway. That’s between you and the “sandwich” shop. Where some find fault in your complaint is how you think Ballys is responsible for the sandwich ordering policies of a national chain leasing space in their building. I don’t even think Ballys (CZE) is responsible for the lease which makes your complaint even more far fetched.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
My position is that Subway should not be rationing Sriracha and forcing Mayo on people. Never said terminate lease. Literally just explained what I witnessed. You and several others simping for Subway, and Ballys, bizarre.
I share that position!! I am unsure exactly how you think Bally's can modify Subway's policies and procedures (because they can't) so the only other option would be to kick them out of the food court (which they also can't because lease sooooooooooooooo).
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 10:29 PM
people are leaving out an important element here

is it A
are they walking up to the counter and saying "I'll have #3 and then they say 'no i don't want mayo' but they put it on anymore while staring back at them with cold dead eyes and then they are rung up at the register and still pay for the sandwich"

or is it B

"they order and prepay #3 on an app and then arrive for pickup and are surprised that the sandwich they gave no instructions or specialization to be made wasn't made that way and was ready when they arrived couldn't be altered after the fact"

or is it C

"they order and prepay #3 online and go through a specific process of choosing what ingredients they want and this is ignored"


if A then lol why do you pay for that instead of walking away, if B then subway seems reasonable - they made what you ordered and have new customers to serve, if C then i think there are legit grounds for complaint and demanding a refund

really hope it's A, such a power move
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk
Where am I wrong? You exaggerated the color-up story and you repeated a story which you got from someone telling a story about something they heard. Not even a first hand account.
The website I posted confirms everything I said. If you are trying to tell me that "hours" is an exageration and not representative of over an hour, then you not only are a simp, you are a semantics life nit, and beyond broken.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickroll
is it A
are they walking up to the counter and saying "I'll have #3 and then they say 'no i don't want mayo' but they put it on anymore while staring back at them with cold dead eyes and then they are rung up at the register and still pay for the sandwich"

or is it B

"they order and prepay #3 on an app and then arrive for pickup and are surprised that the sandwich they gave no instructions or specialization to be made wasn't made that way and was ready when they arrived couldn't be altered after the fact"

or is it C

"they order and prepay #3 online and go through a specific process of choosing what ingredients they want and this is ignored"


if A then lol why do you pay for that instead of walking away, if B then subway seems reasonable - they made what you ordered and have new customers to serve, if C then i think there are legit grounds for complaint and demanding a refund

really hope it's A, such a power move
No prepays or online order. Its A. They rung him up, he walked away with no food. They were not bluffing. Next person was def a player on break and he payed for his spinach something sub with no sriracha on it. He argued with the manager for a minute, but they were not playing around. Crazy. And the workers didn't have the numbers memorized, so they would stop making the sub, turn around to look at the sign, and then turn back and keep making the sub, which took even longer. It was like something out of the twilight zone. Like the Dave Chapelle pop copy skit.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
The website I posted confirms everything I said. If you are trying to tell me that "hours" is an exageration and not representative of over an hour, then you not only are a simp, you are a semantics life nit, and beyond broken.
The website is a tweet by someone retelling an account of something they did not witness. So your example wasnít even secondhand information. It was third at best. I get it that you have no WSOP experience so maybe the fact that some of the dealers arenít very good is a surprise to you. But again, putting forth a handful of examples of things that can and do happen everywhere in the poker world out of a 7 week long event with hundreds of thousands of entries and millions of hands played is sort of beyond broken, no?

And yes, hours is an exaggeration. Itís like when you lament that you lost those flips when it was like one flip. Why do you need to exaggerate at all? Itís bad enough to complain about things which are perfectly reasonable. But to exaggerate on top of it seems unnecessary.

But then again, youíre the one being put on tilt by the service at a second rate fast food joint in the basement of a mid-tier casino in Vegas.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-19-2022 , 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk
The website is a tweet by someone retelling an account of something they did not witness. So your example wasn’t even secondhand information. It was third at best. I get it that you have no WSOP experience so maybe the fact that some of the dealers aren’t very good is a surprise to you. But again, putting forth a handful of examples of things that can and do happen everywhere in the poker world out of a 7 week long event with hundreds of thousands of entries and millions of hands played is sort of beyond broken, no?
you are a confirmed CZE employee plant trying to make the color up situation sound like a simple misdeal mistake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk
And yes, hours is an exaggeration. It’s like when you lament that you lost those flips when it was like one flip. Why do you need to exaggerate at all? It’s bad enough to complain about things which are perfectly reasonable. But to exaggerate on top of it seems unnecessary.
Confirmed semantics life nit

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk
But then again, you’re the one being put on tilt by the service at a second rate fast food joint in the basement of a mid-tier casino in Vegas.
Confirmed beyond broken

Last edited by LowKicker; 07-19-2022 at 11:40 PM. Reason: mean insult
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 12:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
you are a confirmed CZE employee plant trying to make the color up situation sound like a simple misdeal mistake.
Nice read.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 09:02 AM
Deep dive into Subway.. WSOP 22 has officially wrapped up
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt4Sky
Thanks appreciate this, and correct. I made my statement under the assumption that anyone that plays tournament poker regularly would be better off itemizing or has other deductions (as I do). Standard deduction is not that much (something like $12k) and I would think someone that plays a lot of tournaments and pays a lot of entries (like most of the people at WSOP) would rack up a pretty sizable gambling wins/losses that would make it advantageous to itemize. Probably a bad assumption.
For what it is worth you are welcome. It gets tricky as losses are only deductible up to a Maximum of the amount of Wins you are claiming and the standard deduction you state is basically spot on in your situation. $12,550 for single filers, $25,100 for joint filers or $18,800 for heads of household. The only thing that a filer needs to cautious of is that Uncle Sam (IN GENERAL ) is good at matching REPORTED amounts (W2G filings ) back to individual taxpayers. Also realize each state may have different rules you have to abide by on gaming wins. Moral of the story - Keep good detail records and your buy in slips, if you make a decent score get some professional help in your filing. Trust me the IRS can be a PITA to deal with.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noles1724
Deep dive into Subway.. WSOP 22 has officially wrapped up
To be fair to the guy who brought this upÖ who hasnít been tilted by a condiment at one point or another in their lives?
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 01:36 PM
i actually got mad respect for subway after this, so brazen and bold i love it
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-20-2022 , 08:55 PM
.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 03:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinabay
They were props, why can't anyone see this. They were probably also replicas of flintlock pistols that look nothing like modern weapons. Plus, they hired the dude to wear the costume. The entire banning thing is so insane it is insane. Even if they were real, those flintlocks were so unreliable and inaccurate, the entire thing is a nod to politics entirely. The proof is that so many people are supporting it, the same people who would rather die than have someone with a gun to save them and/or their family.
Even if they were functional flintlocks, legally they aren't even considered guns.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
I don't see how my gripes are limited to a first time experience. There were experienced players at the table who were expecting seats to be filled quicker, or level changes to be announced on time.

Yes I understand that it is hard to staff an event like this. That does not change the fact that more staff would make the events run smoother.
There are always complaints about inadequate staffing. This year was probably worse because minwage went up. I noticed juice went up too. As inflation keeps pushing wages up, juice is going to climb higher and higher.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
Blue table 450 something in the Ballys room for the Million Dollar Bounty. Table behind us had 3 people sitting at it for the entire first level. The other players supposed to be there where not late reg, just players who registered and never showed up. The floor ended up breaking that table. Why they would not just fill the table with late reg people, I have no clue.
Because they have a sequence of which tables to put new people. They don't say "Hmm, which table out of 300 should I sit this guy?"
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 03:24 PM
When did they start a policy of not letting players play with three or less?

Several years ago my 1500 PLO table was just two of us and the cards were in the air. Show up on time if you don't want the risk of having your blinds stolen for the first level.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchOnDaRocks
When did they start a policy of not letting players play with three or less?

Several years ago my 1500 PLO table was just two of us and the cards were in the air. Show up on time if you don't want the risk of having your blinds stolen for the first level.
They only blind you off in the main and other high buy in events. For the 1k tourneys, their stack is not put into play until they sit down. They have two hours to show. So 6 handed means only 6 stacks on table
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-21-2022 , 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill
There are always complaints about inadequate staffing.
So you agree that they are short staffed?

Wsop/cze are making major bags from the players. Seems like replies to my criticisms from several people have "be thankful for it, deal with it" vibes.

Wsop aren't running a charity event. We don't owe them any favors. They are stacking millions. They can hire more/pay/train more but I understand that's gonna cut into bottom line and is difficult to do. But hearing the workers say they get one day of training and wish they had more, and then seeing lots of mistakes, it bears criticism.

Hiring several more runners to get people in seats might help grease the late reg line. Or lessen the time for people to show up before being blinded off. Or tweak their level change announcement pricess. There's lots of little things they can do to improve the event, and I'm sure it will be better next year, especially with the horseshoe renovations
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
07-23-2022 , 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timber63401
To anybody who played this year, how far was the walk from Paris room to Ballys room compared to say Rio's regular poker room to the big rooms where the WSOP was actually held?
Do you mean Paris WSOP to Ballys WSOP ?

Approximately 7/8 minutes. If not crowded and if you are a fast walker 5 minutes!
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
08-05-2022 , 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
So you agree that they are short staffed?
Of course. But they can't hire people that don't want to work for them.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote
08-05-2022 , 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowKicker
Wsop/cze are making major bags from the players. Seems like replies to my criticisms from several people have "be thankful for it, deal with it" vibes.
I agree with you 100% about the "being thankful" part... but not so much about the "deal with it" part.

You don't have to be thankful. The WSOP is a business. Either partake in its products/services or don't. Customers don't owe the WSOP some sort of reverence just because they buy stuff from them.

However, when it comes to complaints, there is the concept of reasonableness. And sometimes players do need to grow up and "deal with it". It isn't reasonable to repeatedly complain about things entirely, or at least largely out of the control of the WSOP. It isn't reasonable to repeatedly complain about things which are in the control of the WSOP, but would be difficult to fix, causing other potential issues.

When you have to hire nearly a thousand dealers for a short-term gig, you are going to have some bad ones. And when you have some bad dealers, mistakes will be made. Out of the millions of hands dealt at the WSOP, there were some highly publicized major mistakes made. Why is this surprising to anybody? Out of the millions of hands of poker dealt all over the world each year, these same things occur. If dealer quality is that important to one's experience, there are venues in Vegas and elsewhere with better dealers on average. But you aren't likely to have 10MM+ dollar prize pools. It's a trade-off. Complaining about dealer quality at the WSOP is like complaining about the heat in Vegas in the summer. Pretty much pointless.
2022 Ballys and Paris WSOP !! Quote

      
m