Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2021, 09:20 AM   #51
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 65
Re: 2021 WSOP ( Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
Expecting to be transparent and ask for information is not being harsh in the month of March or April IMHO.

Yes I will be joining You at Venetian ��

Just one more thing , I enjoy your post as they are constructive most of the time (:
well with most wsop events out off my price range over$1000 i mean,so i hope venetian planet hollywood golden nugget have series also as normally???
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:56 AM   #52
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,634
Re: 2021 WSOP ( Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
well with most wsop events out off my price range over$1000 i mean,so i hope venetian planet hollywood golden nugget have series also as normally???
Venetian Just announced a great series for summer. Pl check Venetian DSCPS May 3 - Aug 1, 2021 thread
riverph7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 12:17 PM   #53
Can U Get This Out
journeyman
 
Can U Get This Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 246
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortzork View Post
Deal breaker might be the urinals.
When I played at the Seminole Hard Rock they had every other one closed down. All I could think of was how could they ever have WSOP with that arrangement.

This guy. This guy gets it. Full picture stuff. 2021 WSOP2021 WSOP
Can U Get This Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 06:12 PM   #54
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,426
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bortzork View Post
Deal breaker might be the urinals.
When I played at the Seminole Hard Rock they had every other one closed down. All I could think of was how could they ever have WSOP with that arrangement.
Iím sure they will be happy to sell you a $20 WSOP-branded plastic bottle. Problem solved.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 05:19 AM   #55
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 65
Re: 2021 WSOP ( Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
Venetian Just announced a great series for summer. Pl check Venetian DSCPS May 3 - Aug 1, 2021 thread
yes seen this i cant go vegas twice in 1 year any more so will only go wsop dates im english 10hour flight,so do you think venetian will have series october etc along with other casinos?? planet etc
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 07:14 AM   #56
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,634
Re: 2021 WSOP ( Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
yes seen this i cant go vegas twice in 1 year any more so will only go wsop dates im english 10hour flight,so do you think venetian will have series october etc along with other casinos?? planet etc
In past every competing casino has run Poker tournaments during WSOP to get their piece of the action from huge crowd of players visiting WSOP.

This time it will be same . You will see all the regular series will be announced by June or July . ( This my guess)
riverph7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 09:19 PM   #57
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,426
Re: 2021 WSOP ( Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
yes seen this i cant go vegas twice in 1 year any more so will only go wsop dates im english 10hour flight,so do you think venetian will have series october etc along with other casinos?? planet etc
The Venetian has been running events practically non-stop for almost a year. So I’m certain they will have some great tourneys during the WSOP. What remains to be seen is if they will be able to procure expanded real-estate like they have in past WSOP timeframes and like they will for their summer series. As is always the case with poker, a lot depends on what competing interests there are from other convention and/or gaming concerns. But in any case, I would expect them to hold a pretty attractive series of events in October/November to complement whatever the WSOP has in their eventual schedule.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 08:36 PM   #58
Dr. Meh
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,095
Re: 2021 WSOP

Really bummed it’s on CBS Sports instead of ESPN now. Might impact future turnout.
Dr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 09:58 AM   #59
golddog
veteran
 
golddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: In the beer line
Posts: 2,993
Re: 2021 WSOP

Yeah, that decision seemed strange to me too. Will miss Lon & Norm if CBS goes with others.
golddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 07:07 PM   #60
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,836
Re: 2021 WSOP

CBS sucks, it will be terrible. Wonder if WSOP got too greedy and ESPN just told them to take a hike.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:56 AM   #61
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 65
Re: 2021 WSOP

how is usa getting on giving vaccines out what sort of % have had 1st jab and 2nd jab etc??? how is europe and asia doing also???
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 11:44 AM   #62
Beachman42
Pooh-Bah
 
Beachman42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Havana Daydreamin'
Posts: 4,260
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
how is usa getting on giving vaccines out what sort of % have had 1st jab and 2nd jab etc??? how is europe and asia doing also???
www.google.com
Beachman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 05:43 PM   #63
Dr. Meh
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,095
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
how is usa getting on giving vaccines out what sort of % have had 1st jab and 2nd jab etc??? how is europe and asia doing also???
Why are you asking the same question in so many different threads?
Dr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 10:06 AM   #64
3snowocean
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Re: 2021 WSOP

Any updates on schedule? NFL releases it's schedule today. My friends and I were trying to combine a Vegas football game with the series, but the WSOP is making it hard!
3snowocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:42 PM   #65
The Executioner
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 3
Cool Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by golddog View Post
Thanks, Doc! Probably a real nice time to be in Vegas, too.

A couple weeks til they firm things up, it said.
Six weeks on and still nothing more than 'further dates to be announced this summer'.

Looking forward to it, however things go.
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #66
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,426
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Executioner View Post
Six weeks on and still nothing more than 'further dates to be announced this summer'.

Looking forward to it, however things go.
Technically, summer doesn't start in the US for another five+ weeks.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 10:54 PM   #67
PokerHero77
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: And I haven't been to Europe
Posts: 3,650
Re: 2021 WSOP

Meteorological summer starts June 1 FWIW.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 01:14 PM   #68
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,426
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerHero77 View Post
Meteorological summer starts June 1 FWIW.
True dat. But I'm not sure the folks at the WSOP are planning things according to meteorological events. I think astrological is probably as likely.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:02 AM   #69
davepoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 22
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
It seems like The Reunion will be promoted same way as Big Fifty and Colossus.

I think it will draw upwards of 15000 plus.

Even though Rio is announced as The Venue, donít be surprised if larger events like this will be divided between multiple casinos due to prevailing crowd restrictions at the time.(For instance Day 1 will be played at 2 or 3 casinos and combined back to Rio next day )

It will be very interesting to see how they will manage logistical challenges.
They wouldn't have to split the field into multiple casinos if they just add more starting flights. I played the big 50 and it was difficult to enter and leave during the breaks and to reach bathrooms.

Here's a good suggestion:
For the "Reunion event", don't schedule other events for the starting days and just focus on the "Reunion event".

I think having more events with buyins less than $500 is better for the recreational players. Getting a cash of $3000 will incentive taking shots at some larger buyin events.
davepoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:58 PM   #70
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 12,512
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davepoker View Post
I think having more events with buyins less than $500 is better for the recreational players. Getting a cash of $3000 will incentive taking shots at some larger buyin events.
first part i agree but that's just because rec players will get mostly the same entertainment value no matter the buyin size, so lower is more appealing in the same way that many tourists love $5 craps tables.

but 2nd part is irrelevant. if 10% of field is min-cashing for about 1.5 buyins, probably need to make about top 2% to hit 6x buyin pay jump. the amount of rec players making it this far is much less than 2% of the rec players that enter, so we're talking an extremely small number of people.

and more importantly, aren't we defining a rec player as somebody playing an event while they are already on vacation, or taking a vacation around playing one or several events. Point being - there's no time in a planned vacation to add on an entire extra event. A vacationer isn't really limited by money, they are limited by time (well, and money). nobody's gonna extend a vacation an extra 2 days because they won 3k so they can blow 1500 on another event.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 09:19 PM   #71
Kanedog11
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 37
Re: 2021 WSOP

Maybe they will allow pee bottles? Maybe I’ll get a Wsop catheter installed for a month!
Kanedog11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 01:26 AM   #72
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,836
Re: 2021 WSOP

There aren't going to be any restrictions, so the Rio will be big enough.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 10:04 AM   #73
PokerHero77
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: And I haven't been to Europe
Posts: 3,650
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
True dat. But I'm not sure the folks at the WSOP are planning things according to meteorological events. I think astrological is probably as likely.
Most people use the Memorial day-Labor Day period as summer. That aligns more with June 1-Aug 31 meteorological summer.
PokerHero77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:06 AM   #74
davepoker
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 22
Re: 2021 WSOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
first part i agree but that's just because rec players will get mostly the same entertainment value no matter the buyin size, so lower is more appealing in the same way that many tourists love $5 craps tables.

but 2nd part is irrelevant. if 10% of field is min-cashing for about 1.5 buyins, probably need to make about top 2% to hit 6x buyin pay jump. the amount of rec players making it this far is much less than 2% of the rec players that enter, so we're talking an extremely small number of people.

and more importantly, aren't we defining a rec player as somebody playing an event while they are already on vacation, or taking a vacation around playing one or several events. Point being - there's no time in a planned vacation to add on an entire extra event. A vacationer isn't really limited by money, they are limited by time (well, and money). nobody's gonna extend a vacation an extra 2 days because they won 3k so they can blow 1500 on another event.
That’s a fair point. Maybe having a flatter payout structure would be beneficial. Have min cashes starting at double the buy in for the $500 events. You can sell the dream of a WSOP cash for more players who get a story for their home games and local card room/casino.
I Think the bellagio cup used to pay 15% of the field back around season 4 or 5 of the wpt.

On to your second point, when players are Winning, they tend to play longer. For example, If your vacation is 2 weeks and you cash in the first event, wouldn’t you be more inclined to play another Event?

I planned my 2019 vacation to Vegas around the big 50 event. I’m sure other rec players did the same thing. Look at the main event coverage player spotlights where rec players enter to cross it off their bucket list.
davepoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 01:13 AM   #75
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,836
Re: 2021 WSOP

I doubt that flies. People like the idea of buying in for $500 and having a shot at half a million or million or whatever it is. A flat payout is going to make for a very long and boring final table as everyone nut peddles and hope everyone else blinds out.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive