Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2020, 02:46 PM   #226
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,908
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by macktyson View Post
Agree with you 100% I think a good date is May 15. I do think WSOP should shorten the series, push back the start date a week or so for first week of June.
Why shorten? It can last as long as people keep paying. Shorter Series = lower profit for CET. Has anything in CET's past led you to believe they don't mind lower profits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaiseTurn147 View Post
Thats the thing... Even if it were to go ahead, would you/people really want to take part know covid19 is still very much in full flow. It would be a massive shame for it not to go ahead but id imagine people would want to be healthy and get rid of this thing first and start again next year, no?
The world isn't filled with worry-warts. Gimme a mask and a box of gloves and I'm fine. I'll be better off than in previous years.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 10:51 PM   #227
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 12,513
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaiseTurn147 View Post
id imagine people would want to be healthy and get rid of this thing first and start again next year, no?
maybe some.

but i'll play.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:39 AM   #228
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 66
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheckRaiseTurn147 View Post
Thats the thing... Even if it were to go ahead, would you/people really want to take part know covid19 is still very much in full flow. It would be a massive shame for it not to go ahead but id imagine people would want to be healthy and get rid of this thing first and start again next year, no?
off course bring on next year wsop2021 please god
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:46 AM   #229
swd805
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
swd805's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,826
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

If WSOP runs this year will hotels be super cheap?
swd805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 04:29 PM   #230
beef714
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 374
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

WSOP Postponed, targeting dates in the fall.

https://www.wsop.com/news/2020/Apr/1...POSTPONED.html
beef714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 05:02 PM   #231
The Executioner
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 6
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

I expect a clearly shortened WSOP; will be interesting to see what stays in the schedule besides the ME those last couple weeks.
The Executioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 07:59 PM   #232
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,660
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef714 View Post
WSOP Postponed, targeting dates in the fall.

https://www.wsop.com/news/2020/Apr/1...POSTPONED.html
It was bound to postponed . Many hardcore had wishful thinking . Will do next year !!
riverph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 10:56 PM   #233
RidePolaris
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 195
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
It was bound to postponed . Many hardcore had wishful thinking . Will do next year !!
This is the best news we could have hoped for. Cooler weather in the Fall and we'll still have a full schedule. This gives me more time to accrue PTO and to save additional funds

There does not exist a better scenario than what is unfolding before our eyes! YAHOO!!

The events that were planned to take place in the convention center areas at the RIO this fall have all been canceled so the WSOP has full rights to the rooms.
RidePolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 11:34 PM   #234
RollWave
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
RollWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: PL Daily Action Thread
Posts: 12,513
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePolaris View Post
and we'll still have a full schedule.
keep dreaming

"The 2020 WSOP schedule will be revisited as a result of the postponement, and changes are anticipated. When this yearís edition does run, it will include pokerís world championship..."

...and we mention this one specifically because other events will be removed from the schedule.

revisiting the schedule doesn't just mean changing the dates.
RollWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 05:07 AM   #235
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,908
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by swd805 View Post
If WSOP runs this year will hotels be super cheap?
Doubtful.

Summer and December is when the rooms are cheapest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollWave View Post
keep dreaming

"The 2020 WSOP schedule will be revisited as a result of the postponement, and changes are anticipated. When this yearís edition does run, it will include pokerís world championship..."

...and we mention this one specifically because other events will be removed from the schedule.

revisiting the schedule doesn't just mean changing the dates.
Why would they make it shorter? The longer it is the more money they make. They don't put on the Series as a favor to us.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 08:26 AM   #236
Tintinpoker
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 193
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

We still can't be sure it will happen in fall. WSOP has time to wait and see. It is a possibility that Covid19 is still a thing then, or that it resurfaces. And that the series cannot happen.

A lot of events in my line of work postponned their events but really they cancelled it and are waiting to see when they can host the next one.
Tintinpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 07:23 AM   #237
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 66
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintinpoker View Post
We still can't be sure it will happen in fall. WSOP has time to wait and see. It is a possibility that Covid19 is still a thing then, or that it resurfaces. And that the series cannot happen.

A lot of events in my line of work postponned their events but really they cancelled it and are waiting to see when they can host the next one.
anybody got any idea when reschedule wsop2020 will be October November etc?? pandemic free off course
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 11:40 AM   #238
marky147
adept
 
marky147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 733
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

They are hoping for November, but I'd imagine that will be a miniature schedule, if it even does go ahead.

I'd just write off this year, and plan for 2021.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 04:41 PM   #239
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,450
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
anybody got any idea when reschedule wsop2020 will be October November etc?? pandemic free off course
If they do it in November, I think it will be about 2 weeks long max. Basically a WSOPc sort of thing. You start running into holiday season in the US.

If I had to guess, I would say they are basically going to play it by ear. They have lots of time now to see how things go with the re-opening of casinos, and the virus in general. There is speculation that we could see another wave in the fall, which would unfortunately make the WSOP less likely (compared to August or September). But who knows? The scene could be very different in the fall. Maybe there will be much more in the way of treatments or even vaccines. Maybe we'll know much more about why some people get really sick and others not so much. That would certainly change a lot about the sorts of public policies there are with regard to gatherings.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 01:57 AM   #240
RidePolaris
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 195
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

My guess is Sept 30th through Nov 8th. We'll see how far off I am then

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
If they do it in November, I think it will be about 2 weeks long max. Basically a WSOPc sort of thing. You start running into holiday season in the US.

If I had to guess, I would say they are basically going to play it by ear. They have lots of time now to see how things go with the re-opening of casinos, and the virus in general. There is speculation that we could see another wave in the fall, which would unfortunately make the WSOP less likely (compared to August or September). But who knows? The scene could be very different in the fall. Maybe there will be much more in the way of treatments or even vaccines. Maybe we'll know much more about why some people get really sick and others not so much. That would certainly change a lot about the sorts of public policies there are with regard to gatherings.
RidePolaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 12:12 PM   #241
marky147
adept
 
marky147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Claude's Bar
Posts: 733
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidePolaris View Post
My guess is Sept 30th through Nov 8th. We'll see how far off I am then
Vaguely recall seeing WSOPE being scheduled for October in Rozvadov. That was obviously before this, so maybe that has been postponed for 2020.
marky147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:10 PM   #242
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 30,908
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

If it starts in Nov it could be right after Tday and run through most of December, which is a dead period. If they do it then the schedule would have to be shorter to finish up before Christmas.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:24 AM   #243
rm81
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The DM
Posts: 1,606
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Europe was Oct 13th-Nov 4th last year
rm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 10:05 AM   #244
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,660
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Canceled my Air tickets. Got full refund. No cancellation charges . Thx United !
* it was award travel .
riverph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #245
Spartacus
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 551
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Canceled my Air tickets. Got full refund. No cancellation charges . Thx United !
* it was award travel .
Same from Delta.
Spartacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 03:26 AM   #246
fonnino
banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 65
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

you guys think this means that they'll expand the online tournament offerings?
fonnino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 10:34 AM   #247
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 66
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonnino View Post
you guys think this means that they'll expand the online tournament offerings?
got to be more online events,very likely no live poker for rest of 2020 around the world
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #248
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,450
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellly39 View Post
got to be more online events,very likely no live poker for rest of 2020 around the world
I assume you mean tournaments. If so, I'm pretty sure tournaments will be allowed as soon as large gatherings are allowed. There is no guarantee that will occur 2020, but I don't think the default position in the US at this time is that it will not. And when it happens, it will certainly not be a global phenomenon for some time. For instance, I may be able to play a poker tournament in Oklahoma, just as an example, in July. I may not be able to play one in Vegas , just as an example till next spring.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 11:29 PM   #249
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,660
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

With the guideline from Nevada Gaming Control Board , I will be comfortable to attend next year’s WSOP if situation comes to close to normal.

4 players per table , tables to accommodate safe distance policy ,and crowd 50% of normal capacity .

��
riverph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:53 AM   #250
shellly39
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: basildon
Posts: 66
Re: 2020 WSOP Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
With the guideline from Nevada Gaming Control Board , I will be comfortable to attend next yearís WSOP if situation comes to close to normal.

4 players per table , tables to accommodate safe distance policy ,and crowd 50% of normal capacity .

��
has there been any news about the chance wsop2020 happening octoberish etc
shellly39 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive