Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2019, 12:09 PM   #1
feltin'donks
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 162
2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Does anyone have any idea which weekend the wsopc cherokee main event will be on (could be 8/3, 8/10, or 8/17)? I know its not announced yet but i am trying to plan a trip and would love any info

Thanks
feltin'donks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by feltin'donks View Post
Does anyone have any idea which weekend the wsopc cherokee main event will be on (could be 8/3, 8/10, or 8/17)? I know its not announced yet but i am trying to plan a trip and would love any info

Thanks
I’m not speaking from specific knowledge here, but is there any reason to believe it wouldn’t be on the last weekend? Aren’t all the WSOPc schedules fairly consistent with regards to the Main Event?
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:41 PM   #3
arcdog
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: augusta, georgia
Posts: 1,653
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

It will be the last weekend - based on your inability to figure that out based on the 100+ wsopc’s that have occurred so far, I’d save my $1700 and not reg.
arcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:04 PM   #4
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdog View Post
It will be the last weekend - based on your inability to figure that out based on the 100+ wsopc’s that have occurred so far, I’d save my $1700 and not reg.
Wow. What a post from someone who has been known to refer to other people as a “horrible excuse for a human being”. I would say your are clearly a gem, but I am not wont to use metaphors or engage in exaggeration.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:02 PM   #5
feltin'donks
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 162
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

I clearly should have specified...I know the main event of the circuit stop will be on last weekend on the series, was wondering if anyone knew WHICH weekend that would be. Thanks for the snark tho arcdog, u must be a pleasure to be around
feltin'donks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #6
mgh88
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 1
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

8/10


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mgh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #7
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,226
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

In the past three years, the August WSOP Circuit stop at Cherokee has been 2-12, 2-14, and 3-16.

Last year, they started on the first Wednesday in August, but the first Wednesday is 8/7 this year. I would guess 8/10, but I wouldn't rule out 8/17 as a possibility.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #8
arcdog
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: augusta, georgia
Posts: 1,653
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
Wow. What a post from someone who has been known to refer to other people as a “horrible excuse for a human being”. I would say your are clearly a gem, but I am not wont to use metaphors or engage in exaggeration.
At least you finally learned the difference between metaphorical and literal speech. That’s a start. Maybe I can inspire OP to similarly post better.
arcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:00 PM   #9
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdog View Post
At least you finally learned the difference between metaphorical and literal speech. That’s a start. Maybe I can inspire OP to similarly post better.
Right. That way no one has to take what you say seriously. It’s a win-win.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:07 PM   #10
arcdog
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: augusta, georgia
Posts: 1,653
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
Right. That way no one has to take what you say seriously. It’s a win-win.
Once again a post that makes no sense - please leave me alone and go back to defending Sheldon Adelson. That’s a great way to sound like someone who should be taken seriously.

When your key issues are Sheldon Adelson and antes then you’ve pretty much cornered the “least fun at a party” award.
arcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 08:37 PM   #11
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcdog View Post
Once again a post that makes no sense - please leave me alone and go back to defending Sheldon Adelson. That’s a great way to sound like someone who should be taken seriously.

When your key issues are Sheldon Adelson and antes then you’ve pretty much cornered the “least fun at a party” award.
Hey, you randomly appeared in this thread to throw a lame insult at a stranger for asking a perfectly reasonable question. I repeat, you are a gem. A joy to be around at parties, no doubt.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 10:27 AM   #12
carolinabay
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by feltin'donks View Post
Does anyone have any idea which weekend the wsopc cherokee main event will be on (could be 8/3, 8/10, or 8/17)? I know its not announced yet but i am trying to plan a trip and would love any info

Thanks
You may have already found out by now, but I just got this off the Poker News web site:
August 1-12, 2019 - Harrah’s Cherokee (North Carolina)
November 28 - December 9, 2019 - Harrah’s Cherokee (North Carolina)
carolinabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 03:41 PM   #13
patstap2
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: formerly patstap (pre 2+2 hacking)
Posts: 243
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Don't know if this is your first trip to Cherokee but you might be interested in a couple of activities I participated in the last time I went there for the WSOPc finals.

About a block from the casino is The Smoky Mountain Helicopters. Take a ride in this beautiful area aboard a helicopter for a breathtaking view of the Smokies. A little pricy but I've not regretted taking the ride.

http://www.flythesmokies.com/

If you have a few hours to spare one day I recommend taking a scenic ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad, about 15 minutes from Cherokee. Sit back and ride along the river watching white water rafters while enjoying a cold beer or glass of wine. The train stops at the midpoint of the ride & you can get off and do some shopping or, like me, stay on board and have another beer before making the trip back upriver back to the station.

https://www.gsmr.com/

Speaking of beer, the town is dry. The casino has booze but if you want a drink outside the casino you'll have to bring your own or travel out of town (been a few years since I was there, so this may have changed).

Hope you have a good trip!
patstap2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:10 AM   #14
feltin'donks
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 162
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Thanks for the advice patstap2!! I will check those out
feltin'donks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 07:46 AM   #15
carolinabay
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Schedule was just published. I am trying to decide what events to play and when during the time period the cash games will be best (1/2 for me mainly).

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/schedule/?groupid=1640
carolinabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 06:37 PM   #16
brotherlove
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 17
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Planning to arrive on Thursday August 8th.

We had a great time last year. Will look around for some day activities to decompress and give my wife some face time.

Last year won a seat into the Main Event via Sat

The cash games and Sit N Go's were busy and winnable. The Sat was an 86 person Friday night affair.

Shoulda cashed in the Main... but oh well.

Plan A is the Main Event and cash games

Plan B is the Thursday $1125 Event #9 and the smaller weekend buy in events.

Certainly the Seniors Event on second Sunday is on the dockett if all goes to crap.
brotherlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:17 PM   #17
bergeroo
old hand
 
bergeroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,888
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

My first time coming to Cherokee. Coming from Europe. I don't have a driving licence. After around one hour of research I have no idea how to get there at all. Are there some regular buses from surrounding cities such as Asheville? If I can choose to fly into Charlotte, Atlanta or possibly Knoxville(no idea if that would work) - which would be best.

Is there some easy way I can get there that I haven't seen?

I know there is a 100 page thread about the casino, but with no FAQ, getting info is tricky.

EDIT - how much roughly would an uber be from Asheville to Cherokee?

Last edited by bergeroo; 06-24-2019 at 01:30 PM.
bergeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:57 PM   #18
carolinabay
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeroo View Post

EDIT - how much roughly would an uber be from Asheville to Cherokee?
I looked it up and an Uber from the Asheville airport to Cherokee is currently around $65-70. Another possible option, depending on how much you might save flying into Charlotte versus the extra flight to Asheville is an Uber from Charlotte. There might be bus service, as well, but I don't know about that. The US is a car country and Cherokee is a tough place to get around without one. The rapid transit here is terrible except in a very few large cities and there are essentially no trains outside the Northeast corridor. The biggest question is where are you staying in Cherokee? You will need to be in walking distance or at the casino itself. There are motels nearby. Good luck.
carolinabay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:40 AM   #19
bergeroo
old hand
 
bergeroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,888
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinabay View Post
I looked it up and an Uber from the Asheville airport to Cherokee is currently around $65-70. Another possible option, depending on how much you might save flying into Charlotte versus the extra flight to Asheville is an Uber from Charlotte. There might be bus service, as well, but I don't know about that. The US is a car country and Cherokee is a tough place to get around without one. The rapid transit here is terrible except in a very few large cities and there are essentially no trains outside the Northeast corridor. The biggest question is where are you staying in Cherokee? You will need to be in walking distance or at the casino itself. There are motels nearby. Good luck.
Hey thanks for your reply. The uber from Asheville doesn't sound bank breaking, so that might be the answer. Don't see any great flights to Charlotte or Atlanta, so my plan right now is to fly to NY and then on to Asheville. I have a package, so I get 4 nights in the main casino hotel. For staying longer I guess I will grab one of the cheap motels opposite for a couple of nights. Or are they very dodgy and dangerous?
bergeroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:36 PM   #20
carolinabay
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 14
Re: 2019 WsopC in cherokee, NC in august

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergeroo View Post
Hey thanks for your reply. The uber from Asheville doesn't sound bank breaking, so that might be the answer. Don't see any great flights to Charlotte or Atlanta, so my plan right now is to fly to NY and then on to Asheville. I have a package, so I get 4 nights in the main casino hotel. For staying longer I guess I will grab one of the cheap motels opposite for a couple of nights. Or are they very dodgy and dangerous?
That sounds like a plan. Not sure where you are flying from, but there are lots of direct flights from a number of European cities to Atlanta and Charlotte. Of course, flying into New York is common, as well. The motels around the casino are fine. I will probably be in one of them for a few days over the course of the circuit, haven't decided what dates, yet, or what events to play. As an aside, that area is one of the most beautiful places in the United States. Keep in touch, maybe I can give you a quick sightseeing tour if our dates overlap and there is time.
carolinabay is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online