Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2019, 03:35 AM   #476
DogFace
old hand
 
DogFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,467
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

I know it's going to vary wildly, but roughly how soft can I expect the $1k NLHE bracelet events at the WSOP to be? I'm getting in on 6/9 and currently booked for five nights. I'm looking to possibly play the Sunday $1k and then the Tuesday $1k. With the huge number of runners that these are likely to attract (especially the double stack on Sunday), are they going to be pretty beatable for a decent, but not wizard level player?

My normal buy in level is $140-400 for MTTs and I've done reasonably well at those stakes.
DogFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:54 AM   #477
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace View Post
I know it's going to vary wildly, but roughly how soft can I expect the $1k NLHE bracelet events at the WSOP to be? I'm getting in on 6/9 and currently booked for five nights. I'm looking to possibly play the Sunday $1k and then the Tuesday $1k. With the huge number of runners that these are likely to attract (especially the double stack on Sunday), are they going to be pretty beatable for a decent, but not wizard level player?

My normal buy in level is $140-400 for MTTs and I've done reasonably well at those stakes.
If there were some sort of chart depicting the average skill level of all participants in all WSOP events, I imagine the $1k NLH events would be shown somewhere in the bottom third. And this is simply because there are only so many skilled players, and WSOP events, especially weekend NLH tourneys, attract a lot of recreational players.

As for how “beatable” the events are, or what sort of experience you can expect based on your own skill level, I think this is pretty much unknowable. Every tournament plays out differently, and things like seat assignment (and of course other forms of luck) will play a much larger role than skill over the course of a small number of events. So my advice is you really just need to figure out what you’re looking to accomplish and choose the event(s) that will best allow you to do that based on your budget and schedule. So, for example, if you’re looking to just make money (or lose less), then if I were you I would stick to buy in levels I’m used to. On the other hand, if you’re looking to have a rare experience or take a shot at a much bigger prize (in other words “have fun”), or if your schedule will only allow you to play a couple events, then of course, the $1ks may make sense. Just manage you’re expectations and bankroll and you really can’t lose.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:17 PM   #478
RealMcCoy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 319
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace View Post
I know it's going to vary wildly, but roughly how soft can I expect the $1k NLHE bracelet events at the WSOP to be? I'm getting in on 6/9 and currently booked for five nights. I'm looking to possibly play the Sunday $1k and then the Tuesday $1k. With the huge number of runners that these are likely to attract (especially the double stack on Sunday), are they going to be pretty beatable for a decent, but not wizard level player?

My normal buy in level is $140-400 for MTTs and I've done reasonably well at those stakes.
I believe what Akashenk said was dead on. Look even as a "good" player you are probably at the very BEST have a 20% chance to even cash in any event.

You are planning on playing 3 maybe in the 5 days ?

Also if you are playing in $1,000 buy in events when you are more accustomed to say $250 it is hard to not have some impact on your play and that you may have to conscientiously fight to avoid.

Play to the level your discretionary income (and your wife LOL ) allows and consider it a working entertainment experience.

Table draw is VERY important and something none of us have any control over. You may find soft spots or you may find YOU are considered the soft spot. Heaven knows I have been in both situations and I have multiple cashes at the WSOP on fairly limited attempts over a Dozen years.

I have ran good overall, had reasonable table draws and played opposite my image when the players were superior in experience and probably talent to keep them off guard.

Just ENJOY - if you win fantastic ............ just don't count on it.
RealMcCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 03:49 PM   #479
michelle227
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,885
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllInNTheDark View Post
Nothing better than being crammed like sardines in the casino area!
On the bright side, if you get one of the tables near the Sports Book, you get extra entertainment and you don't have to walk very far to place bets on breaks

I was in that area for an event a few years ago...the bigger problem was actually the tourists that kept standing just a few feet away puffing up a storm on their cigarettes. Spacing between tables wasn't too horrific...
michelle227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:40 PM   #480
AllInNTheDark
old hand
 
AllInNTheDark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pacific coast
Posts: 1,840
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle227 View Post
On the bright side, if you get one of the tables near the Sports Book, you get extra entertainment and you don't have to walk very far to place bets on breaks

I was in that area for an event a few years ago...the bigger problem was actually the tourists that kept standing just a few feet away puffing up a storm on their cigarettes. Spacing between tables wasn't too horrific...
The spacing was a problem IMO. The limited tables also meant that those that late reg. or want to re-enter often had to wait for long time to play.
AllInNTheDark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 09:18 PM   #481
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 3,213
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace View Post
I know it's going to vary wildly, but roughly how soft can I expect the $1k NLHE bracelet events at the WSOP to be? I'm getting in on 6/9 and currently booked for five nights. I'm looking to possibly play the Sunday $1k and then the Tuesday $1k. With the huge number of runners that these are likely to attract (especially the double stack on Sunday), are they going to be pretty beatable for a decent, but not wizard level player?

My normal buy in level is $140-400 for MTTs and I've done reasonably well at those stakes.
Have you played in a typical WSOP Circuit $400-ish ring event? Someone more experienced than me might be able to give you an idea of relative field strength using one of those as a touchstone.
BDHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:53 AM   #482
DogFace
old hand
 
DogFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,467
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
Have you played in a typical WSOP Circuit $400-ish ring event? Someone more experienced than me might be able to give you an idea of relative field strength using one of those as a touchstone.
Yea, played in the Giant at WSOP 2018, a $400 WSOPC at PH, and a $350 at Venetian within the past 12 months. I felt okay at the WSOPC event. Busted QQ < KK aipf in a spot where I don't think I can ever play it differently.

I've been to Vegas 3 times within the past year and usually feel like a top 3 player at my table in any given tourney, but I don't play that often and definitely don't have the cultivated knowledge of some of the toughest regs.

I guess it's just poker ultimately. Even when you watch the $300k SHRB, it doesn't seem that tough (though I'm sure it's harder in practice than when you can see all the cards).
DogFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:22 AM   #483
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllInNTheDark View Post
The spacing was a problem IMO. The limited tables also meant that those that late reg. or want to re-enter often had to wait for long time to play.
That’s only a problem on the last day one of the mega-guarantee events. And it’s sort of a problem of popularity. I mean, if you try to late reg many of the popular NLH events at the WSOP you will have to wait a long time or perhaps even be completely shut out. And they have 7x more table space than the a Venetian.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 08:33 AM   #484
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFace View Post
Yea, played in the Giant at WSOP 2018, a $400 WSOPC at PH, and a $350 at Venetian within the past 12 months. I felt okay at the WSOPC event. Busted QQ < KK aipf in a spot where I don't think I can ever play it differently.

I've been to Vegas 3 times within the past year and usually feel like a top 3 player at my table in any given tourney, but I don't play that often and definitely don't have the cultivated knowledge of some of the toughest regs.

I guess it's just poker ultimately. Even when you watch the $300k SHRB, it doesn't seem that tough (though I'm sure it's harder in practice than when you can see all the cards).
Your going to have to beat out thousands of players to cash a NLH ring event at the WSOP. I really wouldn’t concern myself with trying to figure out how soft the field is since that won’t matter nearly as much as your table assignment and how well you run. If you have the money and the time, play the event. If the money is a real stretch and the allure of playing the WSOP isn’t great, there are plenty of compelling alternatives in Vegas in that timeframe to chose from.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #485
seiken_nick
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 669
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

I know it’s going to vary wildly, but can anyone tell me how’s soft the PPC is? I also normally play 140-400 mtts and think I would do pretty well in the PPC.
seiken_nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 01:11 PM   #486
OFC_OMG
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 323
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DafarginNuts View Post
I got one event opening I would like to fill the week of June 11 - 18. Looking for PLO or senior event outside the WSOP. Kinda hoping Orleans and or Binions has something my free days.
saw a draft of the sched and you should be good for that wkend
OFC_OMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:10 PM   #487
DafarginNuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFC_OMG View Post
saw a draft of the sched and you should be good for that wkend
ya I`m pretty well decided. Definiitely playing Orleans senior on weekend. Rest of week is booked. depending on results as I go along.
DafarginNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 03:12 PM   #488
DafarginNuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
Your going to have to beat out thousands of players to cash a NLH ring event at the WSOP. I really wouldn’t concern myself with trying to figure out how soft the field is since that won’t matter nearly as much as your table assignment and how well you run. If you have the money and the time, play the event. If the money is a real stretch and the allure of playing the WSOP isn’t great, there are plenty of compelling alternatives in Vegas in that timeframe to chose from.
+ 1
DafarginNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 07:05 PM   #489
DafarginNuts
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 296
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Can you register the night before for the weekly Senior.
DafarginNuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 09:14 PM   #490
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,440
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Did I miss it or online registration is not open yet ?

Thx
riverph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 11:21 AM   #491
Tintinpoker
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 88
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverph7 View Post
Did I miss it or online registration is not open yet ?

Thx
Not available yet - should be any time in April.
Tintinpoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 09:24 PM   #492
the pleasure
Pooh-Bah
 
the pleasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,776
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

is the s points schedule done yet?
the pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 08:37 AM   #493
RealMcCoy
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 319
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

https://vegas-poker-schedule.com/
RealMcCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 12:55 PM   #494
plog
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 246
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
is the s points schedule done yet?
Nope. It requires structures. So far only WSOP and 50% of the Venetian tournaments have them.
plog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 05:30 PM   #495
riverph7
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Somewhere close to Wall Street
Posts: 1,440
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintinpoker View Post
Not available yet - should be any time in April.
Thx Sir
riverph7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #496
jmmj05
grinder
 
jmmj05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 430
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Does anyone have a list of where on the strip you can park for free and which places charge for parking? Thanks.
jmmj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 10:33 AM   #497
akashenk
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,008
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmj05 View Post
Does anyone have a list of where on the strip you can park for free and which places charge for parking? Thanks.
Here are the free ones...

https://www.vegas.com/transportation...ing-las-vegas/

Others may be free based on player rating.

http://www.travelvegas.com/blog/free...e-vegas-strip/
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 12:12 PM   #498
gyndok
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston, texas
Posts: 101
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

I created an icalshare to import the WSOP events into your phone

http://icalshare.com/calendars/7347

enjoy..


@gyndok on twitter
gyndok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 02:29 AM   #499
ProbablyDrawinDead
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 90
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Can anyone tell me how registering for WSOP.com events works. I want to try and play a couple this summer, but wasn’t sure how the process works.
ProbablyDrawinDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 03:33 AM   #500
stumbras
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 374
Re: 2019 WSOP schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProbablyDrawinDead View Post
Can anyone tell me how registering for WSOP.com events works. I want to try and play a couple this summer, but wasn’t sure how the process works.
+1
Can you deposit/cashout with cash, how technical is the whole verification and etc. Can you play on the phone/tablet or you need laptop.
stumbras is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online