Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #1
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

http://www.wsop.com/news/2017/Dec/94...FINALIZED.html

http://www.wsop.com/tournaments/

Giddy-up
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
rm81
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The DM
Posts: 1,164
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Colossus no guarantee and not on weekeend?
rm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 05:18 PM   #3
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm81 View Post
Colossus no guarantee and not on weekeend?
Its one day later this year. Not sure how big a deal that is, but it is somewhat less rec-friendly.

Also, according to this link, it will have the 1MM first place guarantee. I'm not aware of any other guarantees associated with this event in the past.

http://www.wsop.com/2018/
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 07:02 PM   #4
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Interesting they have a featured event day 1 (Crazy 888) on the traditional day before ME satellite day. The Crazy 888 got several thousand entries on the final Day 1 last year, didn't it? It will be interesting to see how that day plays out logistically
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:07 PM   #5
WiCane
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,619
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

I feel like having the Main Event Day 1-C on July 4th and Day1a-c on Mon-Wed is a major mistake
WiCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:11 PM   #6
Dr. Meh
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,299
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCane View Post
I feel like having the Main Event Day 1-C on July 4th and Day1a-c on Mon-Wed is a major mistake
I've heard a few people say this but I'm not sure why. Pros will play regardless and rec players will also be willing to make the sacrifice. Not to mention the foreigners who couldn't care less. Seriously, is anyone who is willing to spend $10,000 on the most prestigious poker tournament of the year going to decide to not play because they want some BBQ and fireworks instead?
Dr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:19 PM   #7
WiCane
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,619
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Meh View Post
I've heard a few people say this but I'm not sure why. Pros will play regardless and rec players will also be willing to make the sacrifice. Not to mention the foreigners who couldn't care less. Seriously, is anyone who is willing to spend $10,000 on the most prestigious poker tournament of the year going to decide to not play because they want some BBQ and fireworks instead?
Could be. Maybe I overrate 4th of July's importance to most people.
WiCane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #8
Dr. Meh
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,299
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiCane View Post
Could be. Maybe I overrate 4th of July's importance to most people.
Or I'm underrating it
Dr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 PM   #9
rm81
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The DM
Posts: 1,164
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

I think Colossus was 5mill and 8mill and 10 mill grnty the last three years.
rm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:15 PM   #10
BraveJayhawk
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BraveJayhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Couch Coaching
Posts: 7,975
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Seeing a lot of problems with this schedule. Not even worth starting to mention. Sooo many. I like how they've done in previous years, but this is an F
BraveJayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #11
Utah_CUtiger
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 981
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Personally I hate this schedule. Looks to be full of disasters. Putting major events after the main event is just wrong. It's ok to have a couple events for ME bust outs but hahung major 10K events after?
Utah_CUtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 09:46 PM   #12
rm81
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The DM
Posts: 1,164
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Sucks for me this is the first summer since 2013 I am not living in Vegas. Going to have to stay longer than I planned or miss good events.

The closer and double stack are both events I want to play. Usually there is nothing after like the 6th I want to play.
rm81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 12:58 PM   #13
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_CUtiger View Post
Personally I hate this schedule. Looks to be full of disasters. Putting major events after the main event is just wrong. It's ok to have a couple events for ME bust outs but hahung major 10K events after?
Not sure why its "wrong". In any case, I think they're just trying to make efficient use of their space over the time that they have it. It costs a lot of money to occupy that much conventions space. Historically, by the time the ME has gotten to day 3-4, the Rio has become a comparative ghost town. This sort of schedule will probably allow them to use a larger percentage of their space right up to the end of the series.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #14
Noz22
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 262
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

I just hate the idea that I cannot go home for the holiday. Why not have a day 1 on July 5th or 6th so us family guys can enjoy the family at home and the main event.
Noz22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #15
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noz22 View Post
I just hate the idea that I cannot go home for the holiday. Why not have a day 1 on July 5th or 6th so us family guys can enjoy the family at home and the main event.
While I appreciate your predicament, you do realize that no matter when the even is held, there will be people who won’t be able to partake because of other commitments and who would prefer if it were a day or two earlier or later. Vegas has become much more of a summer destination in recent years and I’m guessing the number of those who are helped by the event being over the holiday will be somewhat larger than the number of those who are hurt by it.

I will be curious to see what effect, if any, starting on a Monday instead of Saturday or Sunday will have. If it were any other tourney, I would think that would be a mistake, but in this case, I’m guessing it won’t make a huge difference.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:09 PM   #16
youriw21
grinder
 
youriw21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 641
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Can the online events be played from outside the US?
youriw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:53 PM   #17
plog
centurion
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 156
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

I'm pretty sure you must be in the state of Nevada to play the WSOP online event:

http://www.wsop.com/start/registration/

Don't have to be in Vegas just somewhere in Nevada (e.g. Carson City, Reno, Tahoe, etc.), but I believe you must be in the state of NEvada to play the WSOP 2018 online event. Of course I'm pretty sure you can spoof an IP or reroute it somehow to make it look like your in NEvada, but that's beyond my capabilities.
plog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #18
Dr. Meh
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,299
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by youriw21 View Post
Can the online events be played from outside the US?
I could be wrong since I've never played it but I think I heard something about having to be in Nevada.
Dr. Meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #19
youriw21
grinder
 
youriw21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 641
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

merci
youriw21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:22 AM   #20
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,130
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

In the old days they used to run $1500 events during the Main, but it was only a few.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:27 AM   #21
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

I'm curious about the "Double Stack" with day 1's on Sat (6/16) and Sun (6/17). What are people's thoughts? We don't have structure sheets yet, but off the top, it seems like a cheaper "Monster Stack". But scheduled for 5 days? That seems crazy. Event the MS is only scheduled for 4 days.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:12 AM   #22
Can U Get This Out
centurion
 
Can U Get This Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 177
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
I'm curious about the "Double Stack" with day 1's on Sat (6/16) and Sun (6/17). What are people's thoughts? We don't have structure sheets yet, but off the top, it seems like a cheaper "Monster Stack". But scheduled for 5 days? That seems crazy. Event the MS is only scheduled for 4 days.


Agree it’s perhaps a less expensive MS and attractive to the same crowd type who try their first big WSOP event for only $1K. I guess since it’s scheduled for five days we can expect 60 minute levels with 10K starting stack. Anything less (30 min lvls), would be a disappointment.

I try to build my trip to LV each June typically around the MS as I prefer to spend $1,500 on the best value I can find. If this DS tournament is in fact 10K - 60 minutes, then I think it’s worth a look. It would give me a second option when planning which days I’ll go out this year. The $500 difference isn’t that big of a deal, however, if flight rates are better leading up to and after the DS vs the MS, then that could be the deciding factor.

Like you, interested to see the structure sheet ASAP.
Can U Get This Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:10 PM   #23
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can U Get This Out View Post
Agree it’s perhaps a less expensive MS and attractive to the same crowd type who try their first big WSOP event for only $1K. I guess since it’s scheduled for five days we can expect 60 minute levels with 10K starting stack. Anything less (30 min lvls), would be a disappointment.

I try to build my trip to LV each June typically around the MS as I prefer to spend $1,500 on the best value I can find. If this DS tournament is in fact 10K - 60 minutes, then I think it’s worth a look. It would give me a second option when planning which days I’ll go out this year. The $500 difference isn’t that big of a deal, however, if flight rates are better leading up to and after the DS vs the MS, then that could be the deciding factor.

Like you, interested to see the structure sheet ASAP.
Looking more into it, it would appear its an unlimited re-entry event. So, it probably has a lot more in common with the $1111 One Drop event. I've kinda soured on that structure the last couple years. I'm not a huge fan of any tourney that starts with < 15K in chips no matter how long the levels are... especially multi-re-entry formats where you will have some non-insignificant portion of the field (usually with deep pockets) playing a very high variance style of poker. 10K just isn't enough to withstand early troubles very well.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 12:43 PM   #24
Can U Get This Out
centurion
 
Can U Get This Out's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 177
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Unlimited re-entry.. agree. Not a fan here either. Most likely will plan my trip around MS once again and fill in with Daily Deep Stacks and some PH events. Maybe a Golden Nugget too, if their structures improve somewhat.
Can U Get This Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 05:15 PM   #25
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,739
Re: 2018 WSOP Summer Schedule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can U Get This Out View Post
Unlimited re-entry.. agree. Not a fan here either. Most likely will plan my trip around MS once again and fill in with Daily Deep Stacks and some PH events. Maybe a Golden Nugget too, if their structures improve somewhat.
I would prefer single re-entry per flight, for sure.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online