Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Tournament Events Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #126
Karma
centurion
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In a Deep Karma Canyon
Posts: 154
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Nut View Post

Someone at the Venetian does a pretty good job of forecasting attendance. They often get just enough to avoid overlays.
Though not always. There were two pretty substantial overlays in the past two weeks.
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:33 PM   #127
KevinGChapman
grinder
 
KevinGChapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 574
Logistics for Venetian registration

I'll be arriving on Wednesday around 1:30 p.m. to play in the $600 Seniors event (day 1B) that starts at 11:00. I want to get registered and get to my seat as efficiently as possible since it will already be level 4 by the time I arrive. I have a Gratzie card already.

What tips can anyone provide about the best route to get to the registration desk? It looks from the floorplan like the tournament room (G) is downstairs from the casino level. Is the registration desk down on level 1 also? Is there signage from the Strip entrance to the casino to point me in the correct direction (Convention/Expo center)?

Any help I can get to avoid wandering around lost for 10 minutes trying to find my way to the registration desk will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
KevinGChapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 01:50 PM   #128
SoundSpeed
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 424
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGChapman View Post
I'll be arriving on Wednesday around 1:30 p.m. to play in the $600 Seniors event (day 1B) that starts at 11:00. I want to get registered and get to my seat as efficiently as possible since it will already be level 4 by the time I arrive. I have a Gratzie card already.

What tips can anyone provide about the best route to get to the registration desk? It looks from the floorplan like the tournament room (G) is downstairs from the casino level. Is the registration desk down on level 1 also? Is there signage from the Strip entrance to the casino to point me in the correct direction (Convention/Expo center)?

Any help I can get to avoid wandering around lost for 10 minutes trying to find my way to the registration desk will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Take an uber/lyft/ taxi directly to the sands expo hall. There is a drop off right at the front of the hall. Go in and go to your left right into hall G. Follow the walk way past the giant photos of past winners put up on big wooden blocks into the hall. The registration windows are back against one wall right across from the seating.

If you are staying on the strip and walking to venetian, then yeah just follow the overhead signs to get to the expo hall G. You will end up walking past the yard bird retaurant and down to the main walkway to the expo hall. You follow that all the way to the end where you take an escalator down. Hang a right at the bottom and go all the way to the end where hall g is.
SoundSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #129
jmmj05
grinder
 
jmmj05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: St. Paul
Posts: 401
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Though not always. There were two pretty substantial overlays in the past two weeks.
which tournaments?
jmmj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 10:33 PM   #130
KevinGChapman
grinder
 
KevinGChapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 574
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundSpeed View Post
Take an uber/lyft/ taxi directly to the sands expo hall. There is a drop off right at the front of the hall. Go in and go to your left right into hall G. Follow the walk way past the giant photos of past winners put up on big wooden blocks into the hall. The registration windows are back against one wall right across from the seating.

If you are staying on the strip and walking to venetian, then yeah just follow the overhead signs to get to the expo hall G. You will end up walking past the yard bird retaurant and down to the main walkway to the expo hall. You follow that all the way to the end where you take an escalator down. Hang a right at the bottom and go all the way to the end where hall g is.
Thanks, Speed. I'm staying at Harrah's so will go there first then walk to Venetian. Appreciate the directions!
KevinGChapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:32 AM   #131
Karma
centurion
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In a Deep Karma Canyon
Posts: 154
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmj05 View Post
which tournaments?
Event #50, a $1100 bounty, 400K Guarantee, and Event #52, a $600 NL, 400K Guarantee.

https://www.venetian.com/content/dam...s-Event_50.pdf

https://venetianpokerroom.blog/2018/...2-chip-counts/
Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:05 AM   #132
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,845
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGChapman View Post
Thanks, Speed. I'm staying at Harrah's so will go there first then walk to Venetian. Appreciate the directions!
The past winners hall (ie the internal entrance to hall g) is closed for a couple weeks due to the big HP show. From inside, when you get to the bottom of the escalator, you have to go outside and enter hall g from the exterior entrance. It’s not really much further or anything, you just have to go outside for about 50 meters.

I would estimate it’s a 7 minute walk or so from the Venetian poker room to hall g. You go towards the palazzo and take a right just past restaurant row. You follow the meeting room hallway to the end and down the scalator, out the doors and into hall g from the external entrance on the right. There’s a big “deepstack championship series” sign above the external doors. The registration area is directly across on the far wall.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 10:05 AM   #133
Nut Nut
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 113
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGChapman View Post
Thanks, Speed. I'm staying at Harrah's so will go there first then walk to Venetian. Appreciate the directions!
I wouldn't go through the Venetian. Just walk down LV Blvd and make a right on Sands and walk another 150 yards to the front door. The tournament is basically right inside the front door to the Expo Center.
Nut Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 12:03 PM   #134
Karma
centurion
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: In a Deep Karma Canyon
Posts: 154
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Nut View Post
I wouldn't go through the Venetian. Just walk down LV Blvd and make a right on Sands and walk another 150 yards to the front door. The tournament is basically right inside the front door to the Expo Center.
This is only good advice if you like Las Vegas weather.

Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 04:53 PM   #135
KevinGChapman
grinder
 
KevinGChapman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 574
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
This is only good advice if you like Las Vegas weather.

LOL! Looking on google maps it's not clear how to get from harrah's to the expo exterior entrance via streets rather than going into Venetian first, so I'll probably take the air conditioned route the first time. Maybe after the first time I'll get adventurous. See you at the tables tomorrow!
KevinGChapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 PM   #136
BDHarrison
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 2,538
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

If you have a car, how convoluted is it to walk from parking to the tournament site?
BDHarrison is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:23 PM   #137
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,911
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGChapman View Post
LOL! Looking on google maps it's not clear how to get from harrah's to the expo exterior entrance via streets rather than going into Venetian first, so I'll probably take the air conditioned route the first time. Maybe after the first time I'll get adventurous. See you at the tables tomorrow!
If you saw it from the outside it would be obvious and you probably wouldn't hesitate to walk it. In November.
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:44 PM   #138
tgiggity
old hand
 
tgiggity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: California
Posts: 1,345
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinGChapman View Post
LOL! Looking on google maps it's not clear how to get from harrah's to the expo exterior entrance via streets rather than going into Venetian first, so I'll probably take the air conditioned route the first time. Maybe after the first time I'll get adventurous. See you at the tables tomorrow!
I stayed at Harrah's and the fastest walk is definitely along the street outside. Really easy to figure out if you exit Harrah's by the parking garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDHarrison View Post
If you have a car, how convoluted is it to walk from parking to the tournament site?
I timed it. Was a 12 minute walk from the venetian parking garage to hall g. From my room at harrah's to hall g was 8 minutes. only bothered with the walk from venetian's parking garage because harrah's charges for parking
tgiggity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:22 AM   #139
TuscaloosaJohnny
adept
 
TuscaloosaJohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Posts: 798
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

More weather crying 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

If you boys had to spend summers in places both warm and with high humidity you’d love walking around Vegas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TuscaloosaJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #140
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 27,911
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

You're bragging about the crappy weather you live in?
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:36 AM   #141
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,845
Re: Logistics for Venetian registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nut Nut View Post
I wouldn't go through the Venetian. Just walk down LV Blvd and make a right on Sands and walk another 150 yards to the front door. The tournament is basically right inside the front door to the Expo Center.
I don't see any mathematical way how going by street would be shorter than going through the V, but I haven't mapped it out or anything.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:31 AM   #142
TuscaloosaJohnny
adept
 
TuscaloosaJohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Cullman, Alabama
Posts: 798
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
You're bragging about the crappy weather you live in?


Yes!

Have to visit Vegas in the summer for the increased comfort level. 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TuscaloosaJohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 01:29 PM   #143
Hell2Heaven
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: HTown
Posts: 673
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Exactly, my buddies and I played golf at Pines, mid day, empty course, 105F and it was wonderful.......try to do that in TX and you will pass out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuscaloosaJohnny View Post
More weather crying 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

If you boys had to spend summers in places both warm and with high humidity you’d love walking around Vegas.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hell2Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:34 AM   #144
the pleasure
veteran
 
the pleasure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 3,234
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

hey guys how is the tourney in terms of "softness"??

love how the one of the venetian tourneys has an s rating of like 90 something, I think it has a really good structure, need to double check on which one im referring to
the pleasure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:07 PM   #145
Nut Nut
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 113
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Phil Laak finished 3rd in last night's flight of the $400 buyin, $1M guar event.
Nut Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:24 PM   #146
SMPoker
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 233
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pleasure View Post
hey guys how is the tourney in terms of "softness"??

love how the one of the venetian tourneys has an s rating of like 90 something, I think it has a really good structure, need to double check on which one im referring to
Could be the Monster late June/early July. They ran a similar one opening weekend of the WSOP and since I planned to play I checked out the field. Sauot won. FML.
SMPoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 06:07 PM   #147
karamazonk
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 3,475
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Couple questions about this series:

1) Where do you register for the tourneys?

2) There's a "1 day" $50k gtd OE tourney starting at 1 pm on Thursday the 21st. Anyone else worried that this will go very late? Is it at risk of being extended to a day 2? I know myself and many others who plan on playing this intend on playing the $2500 OE the next day.
karamazonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 07:57 PM   #148
Shuffle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,386
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

I hope it's 105 this year. Every year I go out there it's been 120 every day. Even golfed in that once, never again.
Shuffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:49 PM   #149
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,845
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by karamazonk View Post
Couple questions about this series:

1) Where do you register for the tourneys?

2) There's a "1 day" $50k gtd OE tourney starting at 1 pm on Thursday the 21st. Anyone else worried that this will go very late? Is it at risk of being extended to a day 2? I know myself and many others who plan on playing this intend on playing the $2500 OE the next day.
1) Inside the sands expo hall g where event is being held. The cashier is on the far wall
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:22 AM   #150
Utah_CUtiger
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,368
Re: 2018 Venetian DSE III expanded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma View Post
Event #50, a $1100 bounty, 400K Guarantee, and Event #52, a $600 NL, 400K Guarantee.

https://www.venetian.com/content/dam...s-Event_50.pdf

https://venetianpokerroom.blog/2018/...2-chip-counts/
Also the 5K big blind ante came up $400,000 short of the guarantee.
Utah_CUtiger is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online