Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3

11-16-2012 , 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
Cmon, these aren't "the best structured" limit events in the world. Many are one day events.
Believe it or not most of our "customers" prefer one day events. It is a tough balance but we are trying to create a real player friendly series here at the Commerce so Sam and I are listening to our local "customers."
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-16-2012 , 10:37 PM
When will the structures be posted? I went online and all I got was la open info. Are there any noon mixed events?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
Stepfords will be stepfords......
says the hpt shill
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError
says the hpt shill
Ill take that palms HPT structure for any $1500 plus event.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 04:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
Ill take that palms HPT structure for any $1500 plus event.
What deal do you have with the world series about not talking bad about them. Maybe you can reach a similar deal with the commerce
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
Ill take that palms HPT structure for any $1500 plus event.
last chance before i assume that answer to "how much equity does allen get for shilling for HPT" is "a lot"
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage
Allen....please stop trolling, you are making points about tournaments you don't even attend. I know that you have a "deal" with the WSOP not to criticize them but I can tell you that not only are our structures comparable but they are BETTER in the late stages, especially at this buy-in level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage
Believe it or not most of our "customers" prefer one day events. It is a tough balance but we are trying to create a real player friendly series here at the Commerce so Sam and I are listening to our local "customers."
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError
says the hpt shill

seriously Matt just ban this dude from Commerce and the Bike better yet lets just ban him from California period,and who is he? Allen Kessler hes a nobody who cares about his insight
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 03:13 PM
and thanks Matt and Sam for listening to local players instead of idiot donkeys like Allen,real players play to win/final table not min cash,dude shouldent be allowed to play poker he just whines and cries all fkking day and he sucks lol...makes it so much worse
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocean
and thanks Matt and Sam for listening to local players instead of idiot donkeys like Allen,real players play to win/final table not min cash,dude shouldent be allowed to play poker he just whines and cries all fkking day and he sucks lol...makes it so much worse
I'm on your side. I suggested playing to a ft then play out the ft on day two, rather than one day mixed events. Where did I promote min cashes. If locals want one day events, I can see Matt's thought process.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-17-2012 , 09:53 PM
regardless of what the chainsaw thinks, i cannot wait for this series and more info regarding it as it approaches! perfect way to start the year.

Last edited by ship; 11-17-2012 at 10:01 PM. Reason: negativity is contagious
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-18-2012 , 02:07 AM
Sam and I have made a few changes to the schedule and added $150's ($130 +$10+$10) EVERY night at 9:30pm with 3-$1,100 seats guaranteed after the $225/$200 Main Event Supers at 7:00pm.

The $150's will win $1,100 lammers good for 1 of 23 Tournaments including $1,100 NL tournaments, Main Event Megas, and Mixed Game Tournaments.

Also added a second $1,600 Chinese Poker Tournament at the request of a few players to go along with the $1,600 Open Face Tournament.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-18-2012 , 03:50 AM
Wow, very nice schedule Matt/Sam, really looking forward to another LAPC.

I really like the $1k w/$250k guarantee & three starting days, that's about as good as a Main on some of the other tours/circuits.

I know that sometimes guarantees have backfired, but is possible to put any kind of guarantee on the $1k mix-max (Feb 18), the $1k shot-clock (Feb 19) and the $2k 6max (Feb 24)?

Non-main event tournaments in LA w/buyins over $500 & no guarantee seem to really struggle & I feel like even a 50-75k Guar on the $1ks and a 100k Guar on the $2k would really help turnouts. With any hype, I can't imagine a $1k during LAPC not getting at least 50 entrants and I think the $2k 6max got close to 100 last year, so a $100k Guar should be easy to break.

Either way, just some suggestions & am really happy with the overall breadth/depth of the schedule.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-18-2012 , 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PujolsOfPokr
Wow, very nice schedule Matt/Sam, really looking forward to another LAPC.

I really like the $1k w/$250k guarantee & three starting days, that's about as good as a Main on some of the other tours/circuits.

I know that sometimes guarantees have backfired, but is possible to put any kind of guarantee on the $1k mix-max (Feb 18), the $1k shot-clock (Feb 19) and the $2k 6max (Feb 24)?

Non-main event tournaments in LA w/buyins over $500 & no guarantee seem to really struggle & I feel like even a 50-75k Guar on the $1ks and a 100k Guar on the $2k would really help turnouts. With any hype, I can't imagine a $1k during LAPC not getting at least 50 entrants and I think the $2k 6max got close to 100 last year, so a $100k Guar should be easy to break.

Either way, just some suggestions & am really happy with the overall breadth/depth of the schedule.
I completely agree with you. As you know, we have fallen short on guarantees as of late and I have been fighting to get the guarantees that we have already. I still hope that we can add attainable guarantees in the events you mentioned above.

We are real excited for this series and hope it has something for everyone.

Thanks for the support Alex!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-19-2012 , 02:21 AM
Dinner breaks or no dinner breaks, most of the locals are saying "no" as long as there are food options, what do you think?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-19-2012 , 04:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage
Dinner breaks or no dinner breaks, most of the locals are saying "no" as long as there are food options, what do you think?
Count me in as a no, but I don't think adding 5-10 minutes to a break around "dinner time" would be a terrible thing either.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-19-2012 , 05:38 AM
id prefer dinner breaks, but obviously let the masses decide, but 1 hour wouldnt hurt, when do day one generally end? My concern would be for my dog of course...
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-19-2012 , 07:47 PM
The tweaks to the schedule are now in place in the first post.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-19-2012 , 08:02 PM
Anyone who has played enough live MTTs knows Matt's structures and his willingness to listen to players makes his stops best for those who love to play. Cannot wait for this year's LAPC, schedule looks great!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 01:21 AM
First time making it out-very excited. How do the cash games at lapc compare to wsop? Will 10/20nl run most days? 25/50?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaxis
First time making it out-very excited. How do the cash games at lapc compare to wsop? Will 10/20nl run most days? 25/50?
10/20 always runs. i think this yr might be special since the 5-10 is now over on the top section so i wouldnt be surprised if they get 12+ games of 5/10 for the lapc this year. 40/100nl runs sporadically but 20/40plo will be there everyday during lapc.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 03:39 AM
The food court right outside the tourney area along with the snack bar inside the tourney room are both convenient. I'd do 10 or 15 min breaks and maybe one thirty minute dinner break. Bellagio system for main event play thru with no dinner break.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmath
The eagerly anticipated LA Poker Schedule is now available. Tournament director Matt Savage and his team have come up with a schedule with almost 70 events as shown below:

Updated schedule as of 11/19/12:





As always, schedule subject to change.

Edit: Google Docs version of schedule
Both links don't work kevmath.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 04:58 AM
If your ending the day between 7-10pm I prefer no dinner break, any later dinner breaks are a must
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentinaBoy
If your ending the day between 7-10pm I prefer no dinner break, any later dinner breaks are a must
This for sure!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-20-2012 , 11:26 PM
There will be no dinner breaks in the main as we are playing 8:30 hours each day and there will not be dinner breaks in the 4pm events either. It's the tournaments that start at 1pm and will end or get to the Final Table about 1-2am that I am concerned about. The overwhelming response so far has been either no dinner break or 30 minutes.

Thanks for the input here an on Twitter
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote

      
m