Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3

11-09-2012 , 08:53 AM
The eagerly anticipated LA Poker Schedule is now available. Tournament director Matt Savage and his team have come up with a schedule with almost 70 events as shown below:

Updated schedule as of 11/19/12:





As always, schedule subject to change.

Edit: Google Docs version of schedule

Last edited by Kevmath; 11-20-2012 at 09:20 AM.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 09:45 AM
is there a web page for it that shows the structure for each tournament?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 10:33 AM
Expect this page to have the 2013 LAPC structure info available shortly.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 11:41 AM
im picking a great time of year to move to LA can't wait
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 12:17 PM
man that looks awesome. never played in LA before. Can't do Tunica WSOPC this year, so may try this instead!

I searched but can't find the info, can anyone tell me what "escalator" is?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 01:34 PM
Here's the escalator structure from an upcoming event at the LA Poker Open.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 01:57 PM
that is sexiness, thanks KM!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 02:17 PM
Make $550 triple draw $340.

Make $1k mixed draw $550.

Overall great looking series can't wait
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmath
Here's the escalator structure from an upcoming event at the LA Poker Open.
Thanks Kev, the players really like this event in the last series
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Tilt
Make $550 triple draw $340.

Make $1k mixed draw $550.

Overall great looking series can't wait
Open to these kinds of discussions for sure
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 03:58 PM
If they fix the dreadful limit structures ill play, otherwise just the main.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:03 PM
Matt are all events unless stated 2 day events, or do FT occur on Day 3?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
If they fix the dreadful limit structures ill play, otherwise just the main.

You haven't been here in two years so not sure what you are talking about. Please do not comment about which you are uninformed. Can I have the same no public complaining deal you have with the WSOP please?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces 518
Matt are all events unless stated 2 day events, or do FT occur on Day 3?
2 days for the most part
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Savage
You haven't been here in two years so not sure what you are talking about. Please do not comment about which you are uninformed. Can I have the same no public complaining deal you have with the WSOP please?
I was there for the main and the 2k 8 game. My complaints on the other games had merit since they seem to get slightly better each year. I can evaluate structures without being there but ill try to limit complaints per your request.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublejoker
I was there for the main and the 2k 8 game. My complaints on the other games had merit since they seem to get slightly better each year. I can evaluate structures without being there but ill try to limit complaints per your request.
Sounds good, as for now STOP complaining!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 04:38 PM
Venetian seemed to have reasonably structured mixed game events for low buyin afternoon starts. Ft day 1 play out day two.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 06:06 PM
Add $340 Stud high or change it to $340? I understand why it's 550 now since its pretty much the only big stud tournament outside of the Series but it'd be fun to grow it. Maybe have a $340 Stud and a $1k?

IMO triple stud buy in is on point.

What's the future of the old $340 million guarantees?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Tilt
Add $340 Stud high or change it to $340? I understand why it's 550 now since its pretty much the only big stud tournament outside of the Series but it'd be fun to grow it. Maybe have a $340 Stud and a $1k?

IMO triple stud buy in is on point.

What's the future of the old $340 million guarantees?
Stud....Sigh!

The future is up in the air
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-09-2012 , 08:43 PM
Both the 27td and the mixed 27td/27nl should be $550.

Also, you and Sam have put together a really ambitious series, Matt. Very nice, especially on the high end. It'll be interesting to see how players respond.

.

Last edited by Mr. Barbegris; 11-09-2012 at 09:05 PM.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-10-2012 , 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Barbegris
Both the 27td and the mixed 27td/27nl should be $550.

Also, you and Sam have put together a really ambitious series, Matt. Very nice, especially on the high end. It'll be interesting to see how players respond.

.
Thanks....Yes, very ambitious!
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-10-2012 , 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflwardog
im picking a great time of year to move to LA can't wait
Yes, I will definitely be there but for the cash games.
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-10-2012 , 04:10 AM
the return of 8 game! i like it on day 4
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-10-2012 , 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life Tilt

What's the future of the old $340 million guarantees?
I would definitely play a $340 million guarantee. Not sure Commerce can swing that kind of overlay though
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote
11-10-2012 , 11:04 PM
Matt,

Would there be any chance of extending the registration time beyond the usual 2 hours for the 4:00 PM events? There are plenty of mixed game tournaments I would love to play but I get out of work at 5:30 and with traffic can't get there until 6:30 or so. Perhaps an extra hour? I'm sure there are others who would be in a similar situation.

By the way, when you register late you still get full starting stack right?
2013 LA Poker Classic, Commerce Casino - Jan. 15- March 3 Quote

      
m