Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5

08-25-2011 , 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
If you win multiple seats to the main event, the first is non-transferable. every subsequent seat we give you 3K in buy in chips and $225 in cash
And what would happen if you couldn't sell the chips?
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-25-2011 , 11:37 PM
You can keep the chips until our next event.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-26-2011 , 01:45 PM
headed out there now. Can't wait!
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-26-2011 , 03:06 PM
Johnny, can you explain the reentries? They are just rebuys right (rebuys is a confusing term as it usually means you can only buy back in after you've lost all your chips, at least as I understand it)? Theres no difference between the daily 5pm and the mega rebuys, correct?
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-27-2011 , 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
I will post them here tomorrow.
Any updates on this (struc for 1500) Johnny?
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-27-2011 , 02:16 PM
Johnny,

just arrived and have a couple questions for you.
1) There are no tables available for single table satellites. Can't you guys find some tables somewhere. Looks like there is space to put some more tables up.

2) Why no Tv monitor for cash game waiting list? It would make things a little easier for your customers.

Thanks

Last edited by MainEventMike; 08-27-2011 at 02:18 PM. Reason: Meh
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-27-2011 , 04:39 PM
how many runners were in event 1
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
Hey guys!
Sorry about the late reply.... If you go to www.beaurivage.com, you can see the actual schedule. The 1500 is not a turbo.....LOL

I will have structures posted this week, but just a heads up, the 300's and 500's have increasing level times. They start with 10K in chips, 1st 10 levels are 30 min, next 10 are 45, everything after is 60.... Also, all FT levels are 60,
Is there a blog somewhere we can follow?
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureToast
Johnny, can you explain the reentries? They are just rebuys right (rebuys is a confusing term as it usually means you can only buy back in after you've lost all your chips, at least as I understand it)? Theres no difference between the daily 5pm and the mega rebuys, correct?
Sorry for the late response. Re-entries are the same as rebuys. Our gaming commission prefers that we use the term "re-entries". The daily Megasatellite, the 4PM and the 8PM on September all have the same structure.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainEventMike
Johnny,

just arrived and have a couple questions for you.
1) There are no tables available for single table satellites. Can't you guys find some tables somewhere. Looks like there is space to put some more tables up.

2) Why no Tv monitor for cash game waiting list? It would make things a little easier for your customers.

Thanks
The space that looks available has infrastructure/surveillance issues. The other 1/3 of the ballroom that we normally use was booked for conventions, and wasn't available. We have the tables, just no usable space.

The TV monitors for cash games are available downstairs inside the poker room. I am requesting 2 monitors for the outside of the poker room, as well as another for the Magnolia Ballroom for the upcoming event in January.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonn deer
how many runners were in event 1
We had 266 runners for event 1, 456 for event 2, 78 for the 340 Omaha 8, 49 for the PLO Re-entry, and 308 entries for event 3.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by passedball
Is there a blog somewhere we can follow?
We do not have a blog, but are twittering regularly with results, schedules, etc. follow @beaupoker.

Results for every event that has concluded have been sent to cardplayer, pokerpages, bluff, hendon mob, etc. They should be posted sometime this afternoon.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-28-2011 , 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerook
Any updates on this (struc for 1500) Johnny?
Sorry about taking so long with this. The rules (including level times, starting chips, etc. )will be included in this post. Go to the posted link in this page for blind structures, and the actual blind levels will be the same as the 300 and 500 no limit events (just longer level times).

$1,000 + $70 No Limit
1 TDA rules will be used for this event.
2.Players will start the tournament with 12,000 in tournament chips.
3.Levels 1-15 will be 40 minutes. Levels 16 and higher will be 50 minutes. All levels at the final table will be 60 minutes.
4.Play will continue to the final table or 3AM, whichever comes first. If more than one table remains, play will resume at 2PM the following day. If only the final table remains, play will resume at 4PM the following day. Players will have the option, if one table remains prior to 2AM, to play the tournament out until there is a winner if all players agree.
5.$970 will go into the prize pool, $30 will go towards all poker employees and poker management, and $70 will be the registration fee.
6.Dinner Break will be at 7:30PM

$1,500 + $80 No Limit
1.TDA rules will be used for this event.
2.Players will start the tournament with 12,000 in tournament chips.
3.Levels 1-15 will be 40 minutes. Levels 16 and higher will be 50 minutes. All levels at the final table will be 60 minutes.
4.Play will continue to the final table or 3AM, whichever comes first. If more than one table remains, play will resume at 2PM the following day. If only the final table remains, play will resume at 4PM the following day. Players will have the option, if one table remains prior to 2AM, to play the tournament out until there is a winner if all players agree.
5.$1,455 will go into the prize pool, $45 will go towards all poker employees and poker management, and $80 will be the registration fee.
6.Dinner Break will be at 6:30PM

By the time you get this post, the structures for those events may already be in the link. I am on the phone with IT right now trying to get it posted
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-29-2011 , 12:48 PM
Hey Guys,
Updated link finally contains the structures for the 1K and 1500NL. go to the link below and look at the bottom of the page:

http://beaurivage.com/files/GCPC-11/...ampionship.pdf
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-29-2011 , 12:50 PM
Johnny,

Can you please clarify if my understanding of the Mega Sat buyin below is correct?

Sat Sep 3 - 4pm and 8pm MEGAs

At the start of the tournament (before 1st hand has been dealt)
$200 - 3K chips;
$100 reentry - 3K chips; (optional)
$10 staff appreciation - 1K chips; (optional)

So, $310 gets you 7K chips to start.

If ever you drop below 3K in the first three levels, then you can reenter(rebuy) for $100 = 3K or $200 = 6K chips (if you bust)

At the first break, irrespective of your stack, you can
$100 = 1 addon = +3K chips
$200 = 2 addons = +6K chips.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-29-2011 , 12:51 PM
We have attempted to use a different type of structure, similar to what players see on the WSOP Circuit. For our 456 player $340 NL on Saturday, we played from noon to 2AM. We hit the money at 1AM, and finished at 2AM. Play resumed the following day at 2PM with 32 players remaining. The tournament ended at 1:15AM.

Our new structures are providing a TON of play in the money stages of the tournament!
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-29-2011 , 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
Hey Guys,
Updated link finally contains the structures for the 1K and 1500NL. go to the link below and look at the bottom of the page:

http://beaurivage.com/files/GCPC-11/...ampionship.pdf
Johnny,
Thanks for this. Just called Donna and she was saying that rooms at the poker rate have been sold out for 2 weeks? (The hotel quoted me a rack rate of $400 per night for 9/3 and 9/4. ) Anyway you can help?

Last edited by somerook; 08-29-2011 at 02:37 PM.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerook
Johnny,

Can you please clarify if my understanding of the Mega Sat buyin below is correct?

Sat Sep 3 - 4pm and 8pm MEGAs

At the start of the tournament (before 1st hand has been dealt)
$200 - 3K chips;
$100 reentry - 3K chips; (optional)
$10 staff appreciation - 1K chips; (optional)

So, $310 gets you 7K chips to start.

If ever you drop below 3K in the first three levels, then you can reenter(rebuy) for $100 = 3K or $200 = 6K chips (if you bust)

At the first break, irrespective of your stack, you can
$100 = 1 addon = +3K chips
$200 = 2 addons = +6K chips.
You have it exactly right
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerook
Johnny,
Thanks for this. Just called Donna and she was saying that rooms at the poker rate have been sold out for 2 weeks? (The hotel quoted me a rack rate of $400 per night for 9/3 and 9/4. ) Anyway you can help?
I can't help there... we booked our block full for those nights pretty quick. We have 200 rooms filled. That is labor day weekend, and we also have an IBF Welterweight title fight on 9-3-11. We will be slammed. Call the office again tomorrow and ask to leave me a voice mail....
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 01:51 PM
Johnny,

Will you be providing receipts for rebuys? Potential investors want to know.

Thanks.

-Andy
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 02:50 PM
I didn't get a receipt for a rebuy in the PLO but didn't ask either...
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoureToast
Johnny,

Will you be providing receipts for rebuys? Potential investors want to know.

Thanks.

-Andy
We will give receipts. Just ask a floor supervisor at the end of the re-entry period.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
Sorry about taking so long with this. The rules (including level times, starting chips, etc. )will be included in this post. Go to the posted link in this page for blind structures, and the actual blind levels will be the same as the 300 and 500 no limit events (just longer level times).

$1,000 + $70 No Limit
1 TDA rules will be used for this event.
2.Players will start the tournament with 12,000 in tournament chips.
3.Levels 1-15 will be 40 minutes. Levels 16 and higher will be 50 minutes. All levels at the final table will be 60 minutes.
4.Play will continue to the final table or 3AM, whichever comes first. If more than one table remains, play will resume at 2PM the following day. If only the final table remains, play will resume at 4PM the following day. Players will have the option, if one table remains prior to 2AM, to play the tournament out until there is a winner if all players agree.
5.$970 will go into the prize pool, $30 will go towards all poker employees and poker management, and $70 will be the registration fee.
6.Dinner Break will be at 7:30PM

$1,500 + $80 No Limit
1.TDA rules will be used for this event.
2.Players will start the tournament with 12,000 in tournament chips.
3.Levels 1-15 will be 40 minutes. Levels 16 and higher will be 50 minutes. All levels at the final table will be 60 minutes.
4.Play will continue to the final table or 3AM, whichever comes first. If more than one table remains, play will resume at 2PM the following day. If only the final table remains, play will resume at 4PM the following day. Players will have the option, if one table remains prior to 2AM, to play the tournament out until there is a winner if all players agree.
5.$1,455 will go into the prize pool, $45 will go towards all poker employees and poker management, and $80 will be the registration fee.
6.Dinner Break will be at 6:30PM

By the time you get this post, the structures for those events may already be in the link. I am on the phone with IT right now trying to get it posted
By popular demand, we have made some changes:

All levels in the 1,000NL and 1,500 NL will be 50 minutes. The final table levels will be 60 minutes


IN addition, we added the 250-500 level and the 500-1000 level to the Main event.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-30-2011 , 11:32 PM
Bump. To be sure that the 1K and 1500 structure updates were seen.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote
08-31-2011 , 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyGroomsTD
I can't help there... we booked our block full for those nights pretty quick. We have 200 rooms filled. That is labor day weekend, and we also have an IBF Welterweight title fight on 9-3-11. We will be slammed. Call the office again tomorrow and ask to leave me a voice mail....
Johnny,
Called back as you suggested and Donna found a room for both nights. Thank you! Appreciate it.
2011 Gulf Coast Poker Championship Aug 25- Sept 5 Quote

      
m