Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced 2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced

05-20-2010 , 02:11 AM
I was just bumming around looking for some WSOP satellites at Harrah's properties, and stumbled onto this on the Horseshoe Council Bluffs website. It shows that there will be a circuit event at the property beginning on Thursday, August 19th, 2010 and running through August 31st. But I'm pretty sure the circuit schedule isn't announced until after the WSOP in vegas is over....isn't it? Could this be legit info this early? There certainly isn't a scrap of info on the wsop.com website about the 2010-2011 circuit yet.

Also, they've been having CEs in CB since 2007, and each of those four years was in the winter (Jan-Mar diff years), so this would be a big shift on the schedule.

EDIT: Here's the 2010-11 WSOP Circuit schedule, events in BOLD are 10k regional championships:

August 19 – August 31, 2010 Horseshoe Council Bluffs (Iowa)
October 2 – October 12, 2010 Horseshoe Southern Indiana
October 15 – October 27, 2010 Horseshoe Hammond (Chicago area)
October 26 – October 31, 2010 *Emerald Casino (South Africa)
October 28 – November 10, 2010 IP Casino Resort & Spa (Biloxi, MS)
November 11 – November 23, 2010 Harveys Lake Tahoe
December 4 – December 22, 2010 Harrah’s Atlantic City
January 27 – February 15, 2011 Harrah’s Tunica
March 2 – March 13, 2011 Caesars Atlantic City
March 11 – March 30, 2011 Harrah’s Rincon (San Diego area)
March 31 – April 13, 2011 Harrah’s St. Louis
April 14 – April 30, 2011 Caesars Palace
May 9 – May 22, 2011 Harrah’s New Orleans

* Not a points earning event

Point system for WSOP Circuit National Championship.

Last edited by Kevmath; 07-12-2010 at 02:18 PM.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-20-2010 , 04:40 AM
Interesting

You are right.....circuit events usually dont start till october or so.
I am nerdy and like to plan out my travel schedule far in advance so I was searching for info like this the other day but nothing ofcourse.

Cool Find

Thanks
Christian
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-20-2010 , 07:26 AM
They're planning to announce the WSOP Circuit schedule during the WSOP.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-20-2010 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevmath
They're planning to announce the WSOP Circuit schedule during the WSOP.
So do you think the info in that link is just an early leak of a schedule that's already determined?

I find it hard to believe CB would put something up on the website without it coming from above - heck, they couldn't/wouldn't even update last year's CE with structure sheets until about 2 weeks before the event started.

But as Christian mentioned there hasn't been a circuit event at any location earlier than October since 2007.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-20-2010 , 04:12 PM
I'd say yes.

Here's something Nolan Dalla said after issuing a press release with the final stats of the current WSOP-C season:

Quote:
Next season’s WSOP Circuit schedule will be released sometime during the WSOP in Las Vegas. More locations and events are planned for 2010-2011 than ever before. So, stay tuned for more details about how to be a part of next year’s excitement.
I posted a link a few weeks ago about what will be a WSOP-C event in South Africa. When that got out, they said it was unofficial and they had jumped the gun.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-20-2010 , 06:11 PM
I do remember you posting about a CE in South Africa, totally forgot til now. Thanks for the quote. Sounds like the circuit might be pretty much decided already then, and that they're looking to shake it up a bit this year. And I think that's good, cuz it was starting to get a little stale.

Will still wait for something a little more official to make plans though. I wonder how many other Harrah's locations are jumping the gun on this info. Hope whoever finds some more will post the links.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-21-2010 , 01:11 AM
All I know, Is that if you are looking for a great place to play a Great Tournament, I would book August 19-31,at a Dog Track in Iowa.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-25-2010 , 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
All I know, Is that if you are looking for a great place to play a Great Tournament, I would book August 19-31,at a Dog Track in Iowa.
Sweet, thanks Jimmy!
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
05-25-2010 , 05:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
All I know, Is that if you are looking for a great place to play a Great Tournament, I would book August 19-31,at a Dog Track in Iowa.
Yeh right, only if you are going to be the TD.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
All I know, Is that if you are looking for a great place to play a Great Tournament, I would book August 19-31,at a Dog Track in Iowa.
When will the schedule come out?

Why won't WSOPC add Tunica back as a twice a year stop? They seem to have the highest attendances.

I have heard in New orleans the had better single table satellite structures? I would love to see this become the norm, not asking for anything crazy, but 3k in chips isn't insane, up the toke a bit I don't care.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 01:14 PM
Why won't WSOPC add Tunica back as a twice a year stop? They seem to have the highest attendances.
Harrahs now only allow 1 circuit stop per location otherwise Tunica would still have 2.

Last edited by bigtex21; 07-08-2010 at 01:20 PM.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 02:11 PM
Good answer, that completly sucks and is a bad decsion.

I also wish they would have more standardized structures, you should be able to look at the type of event and buy-in and say I know the structure, not have to say, well it's Tunica they always have the best structures.

Also, wish they would make the even'ts list more standard, like 1 PlO 1 Stud, bascailly more standard for every location
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinuxuzer
Good answer, that completly sucks and is a bad decsion.

I also wish they would have more standardized structures, you should be able to look at the type of event and buy-in and say I know the structure, not have to say, well it's Tunica they always have the best structures.

Also, wish they would make the even'ts list more standard, like 1 PlO 1 Stud, bascailly more standard for every location
Unfortunately casinos are not like McDonalds, nothing is standardized in casinos, having the same name means nothing.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 11:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinuxuzer
Good answer, that completly sucks and is a bad decsion.

I also wish they would have more standardized structures, you should be able to look at the type of event and buy-in and say I know the structure, not have to say, well it's Tunica they always have the best structures.

Also, wish they would make the even'ts list more standard, like 1 PlO 1 Stud, bascailly more standard for every location
As long as Jimmy Sommerfield is the TD, Tunica will have a good structure. He lives here in Tunica and would not want to face us after giving a bad structure.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex21
As long as Jimmy Sommerfield is the TD, Tunica will have a good structure. He lives here in Tunica and would not want to face us after giving a bad structure.
I know this sounds crazy, but having huge starting stacks and structures slow enough to turn each $340+ buy-in tourney into a 3-day event I think would draw a ridiculously huge turnout. Everbody's dream is to play the WSOP ME, and I think offering someting like this is would draw tons of runners because it'd be the closest thing to it for the Average Joe poker player. Maybe not make EVERY event the same way, but maybe at least one for each buy-in level. Just an idea.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-08-2010 , 11:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosfacekilla
I know this sounds crazy, but having huge starting stacks and structures slow enough to turn each $340+ buy-in tourney into a 3-day event I think would draw a ridiculously huge turnout. Everbody's dream is to play the WSOP ME, and I think offering someting like this is would draw tons of runners because it'd be the closest thing to it for the Average Joe poker player. Maybe not make EVERY event the same way, but maybe at least one for each buy-in level. Just an idea.
Great idea for players but most casinos and dealers want the tourney over with as fast as possible to get players into cash games and other tourneys, dealers want it over fast in order to deal less but make the same money.
Take the Winstar "River" for example, a $2100 tourney with the structure of most $340 tourneys.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 04:25 AM
July 12th.....News conference. MAJOR CHANGES. All i can say, It is a very positive step in the right direction. I will respond as soon as I am allowed. Council Bluffs is in August. I will be the TD there. I will also be the TD at Lake Tahoe, IP, Tunica,St Louis and Rincon.
Look for my response on the 12th. Good luck to all in the Championship Event!
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
July 12th.....News conference. MAJOR CHANGES. All i can say, It is a very positive step in the right direction. I will respond as soon as I am allowed. Council Bluffs is in August. I will be the TD there. I will also be the TD at Lake Tahoe, IP, Tunica,St Louis and Rincon.
Look for my response on the 12th. Good luck to all in the Championship Event!
Jimmy your the man, and the Tunica Event is always great, but please add Stud PLo and a shootout to the mix if at all possible.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 09:37 AM
Hope the circuit stops in San Diego between the 18th of Sep to 1 Oct....
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slinuxuzer
Jimmy your the man, and the Tunica Event is always great, but please add Stud PLo and a shootout to the mix if at all possible.
plo yes...stud or shootout no....stud not enough participation...shootout is a nightmare for tables as you do not combine tables. Hard to do in a circuit event enviroment. Structures will be uniform at all stops..Look for more news on the 12th . any thing else i say may get me FIRED!!!!
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
any thing else i say may get me FIRED!!!!
doesnt mean we cant make suggestions

I'm hoping for an 8-game mix event in Tunica! Maybe not $2500 like the WPO, but I think $550 would get a decent turnout.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
July 12th.....News conference. MAJOR CHANGES. All i can say, It is a very positive step in the right direction. I will respond as soon as I am allowed. Council Bluffs is in August. I will be the TD there. I will also be the TD at Lake Tahoe, IP, Tunica,St Louis and Rincon.
Look for my response on the 12th. Good luck to all in the Championship Event!
Can't wait for St. Louis again!
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 02:18 PM
come to Florida one time!
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Sommerfeld
plo yes...stud or shootout no....stud not enough participation...shootout is a nightmare for tables as you do not combine tables. Hard to do in a circuit event enviroment. Structures will be uniform at all stops..Look for more news on the 12th . any thing else i say may get me FIRED!!!!
Awsome, its good they are going to make standard structures, it was always a shame that Tunica had the best ones and the other guys were getting shaved.

I understand Stud isn't the most popular game and can accept that.

The next biggest suggestion I could make is to add just a little more play to the single table satellites, if they did this I would make at least three circuit stops a year for satellites alone trying to get into the 5k events, and would bring folks with me.

And for goodness sakes post the structures to the single table satellites.

And personally I like rebuy megas, the WPO has the right Idea with their mega events, looks like a good structure and it's a rebuy. The way they have it configured makes it make sense for everyone to spend 500$ in it, thereby fattening up the main event with more seats awarded.

Thanks for your responses Jimmy.
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote
07-09-2010 , 05:37 PM
I am rather new to playing in circuit events and I played in one $230 last yr in Tunica just to get a feel for it and I loved the structure and setup. I had alot of options on events to play. I also went to New Orleans to play in one event and it was a decent setup but I never felt comfortable there. The only event on Sat was a shootout and I wasnt really interested in playing that. They did of course have nightly tournys with decent turnouts. The only satelittes they were running were $125 and they tryed to talk you out of wanting to play a $65. I just dont have a huge bankroll so I am looking for more play at the moment. Im sure i will go back to play New Orleans because it is a WSOP event not far from me but Tunica is the one that I am really looking forward to playing again
2010-2011 WSOP circuit announced Quote

      
m