Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTTc - Live Live updates from major events, logistics, trip reports, and other live (not televised) major tournament discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2017, 09:45 PM   #151
CosmicCharlie
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 126
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Looking forward to playing at the Wynn this summer. How many tables does the players lounge hold?
CosmicCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 PM   #152
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by akashenk View Post
I haven't yet played poker in the players' lounge area where these tourneys will be held, but I would also like to compliment the new room in Encore. Its much more inviting a set-up, and I'm not even talking about the free show that occurs daily in front of Surrender and Encore Beach Club.
Thanks! We're quite happy with how the new room turned out.

We definitely see the Beach Club crowd pass the poker room from about noon-1, but then it quiets down. The verdict is still out...distraction or perk of being on the rail?


Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCharlie View Post
Looking forward to playing at the Wynn this summer. How many tables does the players lounge hold?
We can get 25 tables in the EPL quite comfortably. We might be able to squeeze 4 more, but I prefer the extra space between tables.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:10 PM   #153
akashenk
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,467
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Rep. View Post
Thanks! We're quite happy with how the new room turned out.

We definitely see the Beach Club crowd pass the poker room from about noon-1, but then it quiets down. The verdict is still out...distraction or perk of being on the rail?.
Yes and yes.
akashenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #154
fanliorel
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 193
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sos41 View Post
...no paid parking, and you can park in the garage and it is an easy walk to even the new poker room...
To be clear, this part is no longer correct, unless I've heard wrong? I thought I read Wynn went to paying for self parking along with the rest, but I keep seeing different things.

If there is a self parking fee, is there a validation option with a tournament receipt? Would solve everything. These dumb fees are the reason I'm skipping Aria this year already.

Last edited by fanliorel; 04-26-2017 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Reading conflicting info online
fanliorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #155
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanliorel View Post
To be clear, this part is no longer correct, unless I've heard wrong? I thought I read Wynn went to paying for self parking along with the rest, but I keep seeing different things.

If there is a self parking fee, is there a validation option with a tournament receipt? Would solve everything. These dumb fees are the reason I'm skipping Aria this year already.
The self parking at Wynn is still complimentary, and the new poker room located at Encore is a 60 second walk from the Wynn garage.

For those that don't know, park in the Wynn garage, level 2 or 3, in the NW corner (towards the Strip and Encore Beach Club). Take the stairs to level 2 and then cross the bridge. The poker room is the first thing you arrive at upon entrance into Encore.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #156
Poker Smiley
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 111
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Love the survivor format (I am the king of finishing the upper 20% percentile without cashing); do these tend to last one day?
Poker Smiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:54 PM   #157
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 26,024
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Rep. View Post
The self parking at Wynn is still complimentary, and the new poker room located at Encore is a 60 second walk from the Wynn garage.

For those that don't know, park in the Wynn garage, level 2 or 3, in the NW corner (towards the Strip and Encore Beach Club). Take the stairs to level 2 and then cross the bridge. The poker room is the first thing you arrive at upon entrance into Encore.
Not to beat a dead horse, but parking will be free throughout the Series (mid-Jul)?
pig4bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:29 PM   #158
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Smiley View Post
Love the survivor format (I am the king of finishing the upper 20% percentile without cashing); do these tend to last one day?
Yes, the Survivor finishes that night. Probably around 10-11 PM. Thanks for playing.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:30 PM   #159
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Not to beat a dead horse, but parking will be free throughout the Series (mid-Jul)?
To the best of my knowledge that is correct.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 12:22 PM   #160
dozer
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: FLL
Posts: 2,440
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Rep, any idea on how long the days will be for the $1M gtd flights and Day 2? Specifically targeting flight 1A and then Day 2 of course
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 02:28 PM   #161
BillyBizzle
Pooh-Bah
 
BillyBizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,608
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Rep, any idea on how long the days will be for the $1M gtd flights and Day 2? Specifically targeting flight 1A and then Day 2 of course
http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/W...100_NLH_1M.pdf

It's on the structure sheet, approx 12AM both days.
BillyBizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #162
dozer
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: FLL
Posts: 2,440
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBizzle View Post
http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/W...100_NLH_1M.pdf

It's on the structure sheet, approx 12AM both days.
That's for the main in July. Sorry, I was asking about the $1M in June.

http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/W...-80_NLH_1M.pdf
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:07 PM   #163
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
That's for the main in July. Sorry, I was asking about the $1M in June.

http://www.visitwynn.com/documents/W...-80_NLH_1M.pdf
Day 1A plays down to approximately 12.5%, which will be between 14-15 levels. If we're lucky, we get through all 15, which wound end just before midnight.

Day 2 should finish between 2-3 am. Early enough to play the next day, especially if you go that deep!

See you next month!
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 08:34 PM   #164
dozer
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: FLL
Posts: 2,440
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Rep. View Post
Day 1A plays down to approximately 12.5%, which will be between 14-15 levels. If we're lucky, we get through all 15, which wound end just before midnight.

Day 2 should finish between 2-3 am. Early enough to play the next day, especially if you go that deep!

See you next month!
Confirming that is for the June $1100 with 1M GTD. There's a likelihood of it going three days??
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 12:04 AM   #165
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer View Post
Confirming that is for the June $1100 with 1M GTD. There's a likelihood of it going three days??
Confirmed, the $1100 $1M June 14-18. It will finish on Day 2, which we estimate to be Sunday night/Monday morning about 2-3 am. There will not be a day 3.

We ran the exact event last year with 1000+ players. We did have a short wait on Day 1D (most was 20 minutes if memory serves), so playing an earlier flight is suggested.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 AM   #166
dozer
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: FLL
Posts: 2,440
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Rep. View Post
Confirmed, the $1100 $1M June 14-18. It will finish on Day 2, which we estimate to be Sunday night/Monday morning about 2-3 am. There will not be a day 3.

We ran the exact event last year with 1000+ players. We did have a short wait on Day 1D (most was 20 minutes if memory serves), so playing an earlier flight is suggested.
Thank you!!
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 01:02 PM   #167
AzOther1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az, home of the hits.
Posts: 94
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Wynn newbie here, will be in town for the 6/11 NLH $360+$40 event. Sorry if this has been asked already. Do I need a Wynn Frequent Gambler Club card to register? Trying to plan my morning. Under 1 month!

TIA,
AzOther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:59 PM   #168
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzOther1 View Post
Wynn newbie here, will be in town for the 6/11 NLH $360+$40 event. Sorry if this has been asked already. Do I need a Wynn Frequent Gambler Club card to register? Trying to plan my morning. Under 1 month!
Hi AZ,

Welcome to the Wynn. Yes, you do need a Wynn "Red Card" to register for the event. You can do that anytime right in the poker room, or in the middle of the Encore casino floor. Just bring your passport or current DL.

You are welcome to do it right before the tournament start also, however you may run into a short wait as everyone floods in to register. There wouldn't be a wait anytime before 11:30 or so.

Thanks for playing!
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:01 PM   #169
AzOther1
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Phoenix, Az, home of the hits.
Posts: 94
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Thanks for the response, Rep! Looking forward to crossing off playing at the Wynn from my poker 'to do' list.
AzOther1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 04:04 PM   #170
whaler55
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 240
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Poker Rep, what restaurants are the comps good for at Wynncore? I'll be there next month and have some so looking to possibly treat the wife...
whaler55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 12:55 AM   #171
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaler55 View Post
Poker Rep, what restaurants are the comps good for at Wynncore? I'll be there next month and have some so looking to possibly treat the wife...
They are redeemable at Jardin, Wazuzu, Red 8, Terrace Point, the Buffet, and Allegro.

If you have a special occasion or are interested in a different restaurant, please DM me and I'll see what I can do.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 07:30 PM   #172
heisenburg
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 9
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker Rep. View Post
They are redeemable at Jardin, Wazuzu, Red 8, Terrace Point, the Buffet, and Allegro.

If you have a special occasion or are interested in a different restaurant, please DM me and I'll see what I can do.
What are these comps you speak of? Playing the $1600 event.
heisenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:12 PM   #173
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisenburg View Post
What are these comps you speak of? Playing the $1600 event.
In addition to the $1.50/hr earned per cash game, we currently offer comps on tournament buy-ins also. For the $1600 event, $15 will automatically be applied to your poker comp balance. Simply ask a poker room supervisor to authorize the comp for any of the restaurants listed above.
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:04 AM   #174
TR3V
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Seat 2
Posts: 301
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Poker Rep - is Wynn taking credit card payment for tournament entry this time, like WSOP?
TR3V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 12:52 PM   #175
Poker Rep.
Poker Room Rep
 
Poker Rep.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Wynn Las Vegas
Posts: 447
Re: Wynn Summer classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3V View Post
Poker Rep - is Wynn taking credit card payment for tournament entry this time, like WSOP?
No, only cash or casino chips will be accepted as buy-in to Wynn Classic events.

It is my understanding that WSOP only accepts credit cards for online registration, is that correct?
Poker Rep. is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online