Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2020, 02:11 AM   #13351
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Your analysis is based on what?Google traffic?
This year's WCOOP would have less prizes than last year.I hate to tell,but the pandemics is still on atm and people dont have the money anymore,or they use it for something else.It would have been a boom if those players continued to play since march,where 250.000-300.000 players played similar,but now it's lower than last year.
Few examples: Bounty builder 44(last year 60-65k on average,now 52-53k)
Bounty builder 109( 95-120k last year,75-80k now)
Bounty builder 33(85-110k last year,60-70k now)
And i can keep on going with these examples.
Overlaying so many tournaments have two posibilities: either people dont have money anymore or there just not enough recs
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 09:03 AM   #13352
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Unemployment line
Posts: 11,158
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyana View Post
Your analysis is based on what?Google traffic?
This year's WCOOP would have less prizes than last year.I hate to tell,but the pandemics is still on atm and people dont have the money anymore,or they use it for something else.It would have been a boom if those players continued to play since march,where 250.000-300.000 players played similar,but now it's lower than last year.
Few examples: Bounty builder 44(last year 60-65k on average,now 52-53k)
Bounty builder 109( 95-120k last year,75-80k now)
Bounty builder 33(85-110k last year,60-70k now)
And i can keep on going with these examples.
Overlaying so many tournaments have two posibilities: either people dont have money anymore or there just not enough recs
It's not quite so simple. If the stadium series wasn't being held the examples you offered would have higher numbers. If Pstars didn't offer 15 different games/spins/6 card holdem then those examples you gave would be doing better. If GG didn't exist those examples would be doing better. etc.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:09 AM   #13353
U shove i call
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,558
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

They have ran 3 or 4 big series back to back to back hardly surprising this one got hit by overlay they are being too greedy.
U shove i call is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 03:03 PM   #13354
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by U shove i call View Post
They have ran 3 or 4 big series back to back to back hardly surprising this one got hit by overlay they are being too greedy.
yeah,something like this
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 02:34 PM   #13355
Speck CHAMP
adept
 
Speck CHAMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 860
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyana View Post
Your analysis is based on what?Google traffic?
This year's WCOOP would have less prizes than last year.I hate to tell,but the pandemics is still on atm and people dont have the money anymore,or they use it for something else.It would have been a boom if those players continued to play since march,where 250.000-300.000 players played similar,but now it's lower than last year.
Few examples: Bounty builder 44(last year 60-65k on average,now 52-53k)
Bounty builder 109( 95-120k last year,75-80k now)
Bounty builder 33(85-110k last year,60-70k now)
And i can keep on going with these examples.
Overlaying so many tournaments have two posibilities: either people dont have money anymore or there just not enough recs
You are right that people are running out of money during the pandemic.
But the interesst in online poker is still on a rise. Mainly because pokersites finally decided to approach advertisment on twitch & youtube more aggressive by buying content creator and streaming themselves instead of sponsoring a popular sports star who has nothing to do with gaming or poker.

Also implementing the stream of streamers in the client (the rail) helps viewer counts a lot + having the chance to get money for watching streams. I think party poker and GGPoker will implement a similar function in the future too.

Also it has been ~17 years since the poker boom which means there is an entire new generation about to become 18 years old.

I think something which makes poker very interessting for eSports players is that you can play the game at any age. Which is something which isnt possible in normal eSports games. You only have ~10-15 years to compete at the highest level in eSports which means that a lot of eSports pros could make the switch to games like poker when they become older.

What needs to happen to get another big and fast poker boom is that one of these hugh content creators wins something big with his sponsored ticket & main stream media picking up the story.

Last edited by Speck CHAMP; 08-01-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Speck CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #13356
Poker_Nooob
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 23
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Is it true, that GG has overtaken Stars in tournaments and the platform is generally more enjoyable and fun.
Poker_Nooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:29 AM   #13357
CJAcesRule
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 268
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker_Nooob View Post
Is it true, that GG has overtaken Stars in tournaments and the platform is generally more enjoyable and fun.
no
CJAcesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 05:32 AM   #13358
Speck CHAMP
adept
 
Speck CHAMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 860
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poker_Nooob View Post
Is it true, that GG has overtaken Stars in tournaments and the platform is generally more enjoyable and fun.
GGPoker has overtaken Stars in numbers of players online by far, but the tournaments on Stars are still bigger.
But GGPoker also had 8 tournaments which reached the maximum entrants of 3000 yesterday.

On the other side Stars is absolutely crushing Twitch right now.

But also keep in mind that GGPoker has a lot of server problems which they havent really fixed yet.
Speck CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:01 AM   #13359
Kelly Criterion
enthusiast
 
Kelly Criterion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 69
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

I can't even play GGPoker without my laptop becoming a screeching sloth. I7/8GB ram, Acer F5 for 900€ from 2016. Am I that wrong expecting it to just run with no hassle?
Kelly Criterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 07:39 AM   #13360
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck CHAMP View Post
You are right that people are running out of money during the pandemic.
But the interesst in online poker is still on a rise. Mainly because pokersites finally decided to approach advertisment on twitch & youtube more aggressive by buying content creator and streaming themselves instead of sponsoring a popular sports star who has nothing to do with gaming or poker.

Also implementing the stream of streamers in the client (the rail) helps viewer counts a lot + having the chance to get money for watching streams. I think party poker and GGPoker will implement a similar function in the future too.

Also it has been ~17 years since the poker boom which means there is an entire new generation about to become 18 years old.

I think something which makes poker very interessting for eSports players is that you can play the game at any age. Which is something which isnt possible in normal eSports games. You only have ~10-15 years to compete at the highest level in eSports which means that a lot of eSports pros could make the switch to games like poker when they become older.

What needs to happen to get another big and fast poker boom is that one of these hugh content creators wins something big with his sponsored ticket & main stream media picking up the story.
Do you know what atracts new players to the game?
1.Immediate winnings and fast cashouts
2.Good promotions with a good rakeback form
3.Good customer service(i.e answearing to emails in a day or two)
4.Good poker client with some enjoyable features
I could bring some more things to this list,but at least those should work.


I managed to convince some of my friends that they should play on pokerstars instead of casinos.When they realised that after several deposits they lose no matter what they did(it wasnt a big issue),then after a winning they wanted to withdrawal,they saw that they are forced to wait to multiple days or weeks in order to get their money on the bank account,plus they got only promotions for weekly freeroll with non existent rakeback.The conclussion?They gave up on stars and went back to local casinos,because degens like to feel the cash or to receive the money right away and to be threated with respect.These are the reasons why recs or degens disapear from pokerstars,including with the economic crysis that it's yet to begin.
Not only the poker will suffer from all of this,but the game will be infested with nothing but regs,maybe bots and charts users where it will be even harder to win some money,therefore poor regs will gave up on the games as well.So it wont be any poker boom or maybe they move on to party/ggpoker.I could not know this,as i cant access to those rooms,although many players from my country are using VPN to play on those rooms.
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 12:20 PM   #13361
Kelly Criterion
enthusiast
 
Kelly Criterion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 69
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

btw who's interested; Right after stadium series stars launched Micro Millions on stars.es
2.13. Aug, 2.5M$ Gtd
ME 50€ PKO w 300k€ Gtd
Kelly Criterion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 01:19 AM   #13362
CJAcesRule
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 268
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Anybody can advise on some rakeback options. Nothing left on Stars ?
CJAcesRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:38 AM   #13363
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 10,623
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

lol at the afterparty stadium series phase events. Just give it up and focus on WCOOP
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:36 AM   #13364
shrewd crude
grinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Christchruch New Zealand,quake city
Posts: 422
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Any details on wcoops...
Dates?
shrewd crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:55 PM   #13365
Speck CHAMP
adept
 
Speck CHAMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 860
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread



Non Turbo -> 6 min Levels
Turbo -> 3 min Levels
Hyper Turbo -> 2 min levels

RiP SnGs.
Speck CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:39 AM   #13366
Habsfan09
old hand
 
Habsfan09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: wrong side of variance
Posts: 1,524
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

I thought that running stadium series parallel to the WSOP online events is stupid or even condescending on Pokerstars side. I rather invested a buyin into one of the WSOP events outside of the bankroll than than ever playing a 500$ event on Stars just for fun. I get that you dont want to leave the playingfield your competitor but I found that the day1s of the WSOP on GG had plenty of recreational players so its quite possible that recreationals looked at their money and went with the WSOP in July.
Overall I also dont think that the 5k buyin players are the clientele that needed that free money in form of overlays. You could have easily just run double gtd week on the small/midstakes or simply "added" prizemoney to the prizepools on these stakes. It probably would have had a larger impact.
Habsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:52 AM   #13367
ISmellToast
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: getting berated by fish
Posts: 1,751
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

With SCOOP being extended + Summer Series + Stadium Series in such a short period of time it is definitely a bit too much.

Some stuff from Stadium Series they should use for the COOPs going forward, the feature tables on twitch and the FT shows were great.

They also badly need to bring back SCOOP watches and WCOOP bracelets, especially with so many random series they are running they need a way to distinguish the COOPs from the others. Especially if GG continues to run WSOP or WSOP Circut events in the future giving out bracelets and rings.
ISmellToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:55 PM   #13368
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmellToast View Post
With SCOOP being extended + Summer Series + Stadium Series in such a short period of time it is definitely a bit too much.

Some stuff from Stadium Series they should use for the COOPs going forward, the feature tables on twitch and the FT shows were great.

They also badly need to bring back SCOOP watches and WCOOP bracelets, especially with so many random series they are running they need a way to distinguish the COOPs from the others. Especially if GG continues to run WSOP or WSOP Circut events in the future giving out bracelets and rings.
+1 on this
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 07:18 AM   #13369
Speck CHAMP
adept
 
Speck CHAMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 860
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISmellToast View Post
With SCOOP being extended + Summer Series + Stadium Series in such a short period of time it is definitely a bit too much.

Some stuff from Stadium Series they should use for the COOPs going forward, the feature tables on twitch and the FT shows were great.

They also badly need to bring back SCOOP watches and WCOOP bracelets, especially with so many random series they are running they need a way to distinguish the COOPs from the others. Especially if GG continues to run WSOP or WSOP Circut events in the future giving out bracelets and rings.
+1
Also having a lot of spotlight on successful online poker players and making them a rolemodel is essential to motivate new players to try to archive the same.
I think twitch streams are fine, but there needs to be more backround information about the players at a final table. Pretty much the stuff we see every year at the WSOP final table where the players get indroduced before the final table starts.

Almost every person knows the best chess players in the world. But in poker people who dont play the game, still think that people like Negreanu or Phil Hellmouth are the best Poker players, because they are the loudest.

Stars should even consider giving their most popular players like C.Darwin2, Lena900 etc. contracts, because they gained a hugh amount of clout in the past ~5 years due to twitch streams.

Also stuff like special avatars or badges next to the avatar for winning specific tournaments like the Sunday Million, a Scoop Event, WCOOP Event etc. would be a motivation for people to play more events.
Speck CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:44 AM   #13370
Rudaralis
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 10
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speck CHAMP View Post
+1
Also having a lot of spotlight on successful online poker players and making them a rolemodel is essential to motivate new players to try to archive the same.
I think twitch streams are fine, but there needs to be more backround information about the players at a final table. Pretty much the stuff we see every year at the WSOP final table where the players get indroduced before the final table starts.

Almost every person knows the best chess players in the world. But in poker people who dont play the game, still think that people like Negreanu or Phil Hellmouth are the best Poker players, because they are the loudest.

Stars should even consider giving their most popular players like C.Darwin2, Lena900 etc. contracts, because they gained a hugh amount of clout in the past ~5 years due to twitch streams.

Also stuff like special avatars or badges next to the avatar for winning specific tournaments like the Sunday Million, a Scoop Event, WCOOP Event etc. would be a motivation for people to play more events.
Rudaralis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #13371
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

I have doubts than C.Darwin2 or Lena900,Graftekel or even Bencb would ever consider turning into a red pro.They just passed that phase because a red pro usually plays smaller tournaments,which they obviously dont.
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:03 PM   #13372
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

If someone from stars see this :
What there a reason to change the structure of Bounty Builder 33 turbo on demand from 44minutes late registration to 50 minutes?6minutes extra means 2 more blind levels
And did you change the tournament name and put the guaranted prize into the middle,so we can not track the leaderboards on sharkscope?
Why did you add another rebuy for this tournament?One reentry wasnt enough?
All these means that in the evening,we will have less tournaments to play
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 04:05 PM   #13373
rainbowsinthesky
Pooh-Bah
 
rainbowsinthesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 13
Posts: 4,284
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

quick question please

Does Pokerstars have auto timebank? I read that it does only if you have money invested in the pot, is that right?
rainbowsinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:24 PM   #13374
suzyana
adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Sol Invictus
Posts: 713
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

depends on the game.On mtt it is automatic,on spin and go if you have the mouse cursor on other side(i.e. browsing web) you will be put on sitout before timeback.Very smart move from mpov
suzyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 05:59 PM   #13375
rainbowsinthesky
Pooh-Bah
 
rainbowsinthesky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: 13
Posts: 4,284
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzyana View Post
depends on the game.On mtt it is automatic,on spin and go if you have the mouse cursor on other side(i.e. browsing web) you will be put on sitout before timeback.Very smart move from mpov
I'm interested for MTTs only, so even if you're browsing the web/having action on other tables, the auto timebank is automatic? Even preflop?
rainbowsinthesky is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online