Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2018, 05:58 AM   #11801
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,697
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Nope Luke has said many times it is not part of his job to post in here and will only do so periodically. No doubt he will turn up again after WCOOP.
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:46 AM   #11802
mashxx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mashxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shut up and take my money!
Posts: 7,335
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Piddle View Post
Nope Luke has said many times it is not part of his job to post in here and will only do so periodically. No doubt he will turn up again after WCOOP.
lol Colin, never change
mashxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #11803
DebtsNBooze
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 191
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Piddle View Post
Nope Luke has said many times it is not part of his job to post in here and will only do so periodically.
...which is pretty pathetic compared to Stars' competitors.
DebtsNBooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:01 PM   #11804
satellite84
old hand
 
satellite84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,334
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebtsNBooze View Post
...which is pretty pathetic compared to Stars' competitors.
Unfortunately, Stars doesn't really have competitors anymore. FTP was the last site that really provided that and pushed the competition aspect. Stars is not afraid of anything PartyPoker is doing because they aren't really after the diehard poker grinder market anymore. Hence the reason most suggestions here are ignored and why there is little reason to check a diehard poker forum for suggestions for them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
satellite84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:08 AM   #11805
mashxx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mashxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shut up and take my money!
Posts: 7,335
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by satellite84 View Post
Unfortunately, Stars doesn't really have competitors anymore. FTP was the last site that really provided that and pushed the competition aspect. Stars is not afraid of anything PartyPoker is doing because they aren't really after the diehard poker grinder market anymore. Hence the reason most suggestions here are ignored and why there is little reason to check a diehard poker forum for suggestions for them.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I've seen this argument a few times already. Why are the fields dropping then? Surely can't be a all diehards? For me personally as years passed my time to play has been limited significantly. But I still always tried to play and planned my sundays at least around poker. Now after all these changes it's not worth the effort to make time anymore. Surely there are others who feel the same.
mashxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:20 AM   #11806
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,697
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Half of the fish countries have been banned from playing thats the first reason. IN general fish have got smarter most reg $11 and under mtts now wheres back in the day they were flicking in $55-$100 mtts. Instead they are playing spins and other gimmick forums. Fish love the pkos as they get a chance to win money back.
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 02:21 AM   #11807
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,697
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Bring back Australia, Italy, Spain and USA and online poker will rise again
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 04:22 AM   #11808
Mimicry
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 98
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Dont forget France,Portugal,Israel and more ...
Mimicry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:18 AM   #11809
PokerStars Luke
PokerStars Tournaments
 
PokerStars Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PokerStars HQ, Isle of Man
Posts: 272
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Hey all,

Long time, no chat.

I wanted to discuss a few recent happenings and also ask for some feedback.
  1. A few players have mentioned the lack of a $530 Main Event in WCOOP. A couple of you have surmised that it would take focus away from the $5,200 Main Event, and you're correct! Reaching a $10M guarantee when there's almost $60M worth of tournaments to play out in the weeks preceding is difficult as is. When you consider that a $530 Main Event would be a compelling alternative to $5,200 Main Event satellites, it presents an extraordinary risk that we're not willing to take. That said, there's some huge WCOOP Main Event satellites on offer this week and I'm sure the $55 Main Event will be a great tournament!
  2. Live Events satellites are now under my team. If you have any suggestions regarding the offering, feel free to leave them here. Additionally, we're running our first EPT Prague satellite this Sunday @ 15:30 ET. 530 EUR buy-in with 10 packages guaranteed!
  3. There's a few main schedule changes upcoming. From Monday, September 17th, the Pacific Rim (and Mini) will become a daily tournament. Additionally, a new 8-Max PKO Major will be added in the not-so-distant future. Lastly, some $1,050 buy-in tournaments will be added on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. See the lobby next week for more details!

And a few topics for feedback...
  • We've changed the way we run non-NLHE Sit & Go satellites during WCOOP. Rather than running traditional 6-Max Hyper-Turbos and 4-Max Double Shootouts, we've reduced the offering to a single On-Demand. From our perspective, it has been successful at face value - games are running and more prize pools are being generated. How does it feel? Any suggestions for improvement?
  • There's often some chatter about WCOOP satellites. Any comments/suggestions regarding volume, formats missing, general offering, etc.?
  • What do you think about WCOOP as two weeks long instead of three? The Series itself is bigger and has more high-stakes to differentiate it from SCOOP, but I'm curious what impression you're left with. Just the right length? Wish it was another week long so you could take small breaks in the middle?

Good luck out there this weekend!
PokerStars Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #11810
travisohc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 380
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

speechless
travisohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #11811
ymehclA
newbie
 
ymehclA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 24
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Omg!
I'm very friendly & I care about you guys!
I care about very important topics feedback!

-------
You don't care about the feedback, you are here to announce your decision that is already in motion. Your post contains zero discussion regarding the last few pages of feedback as an example - ITM structure.


Thanks for catchup friendly Luke! Hope you enjoyed your holiday [Prob you're going to the next one] <3
ymehclA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:17 PM   #11812
Guntherman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 61
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Such BS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStars Luke View Post
Hey all,
If you have any suggestions regarding the offering, feel free to leave them here.
Why, so you can conveniently keep them out of sight, so they wont bother you? You're never in here! God forbid we send them somewhere they'd actually be seen, so you'd actually have to respond.

As for your request for WCOOP-feedback when its nearly done : LOL! How about asking us BEFORE you go and screw it up....

We're feeling a bit neglected over here Luke...
Guntherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:05 PM   #11813
CorrectSide
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 170
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Guys it really don't matter when Luke gather feedback and suggestions. It isn't like he would actually do anything anyone write in here.
CorrectSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:25 PM   #11814
Michael Buble
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 281
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrectSide View Post
It isn't like he would actually do anything anyone write in here.
While his appearance ITT is a bit erratic this is plain BS. I remember I suggested a new Common Cents a few months ago and 2 months later there was one including a 100K freeroll (I was just trolling the people requesting a small stakes series but that isn't really relevant). Also someone suggested Big 109 instead of Big 162 and that was done. And there's many more examples. Whether that's enough is up for debate but you don't add anything with your ignorant uninformed statements.

OT:

Some 'Last chance' and 'Deadline' sats to 215 Majors often get cancelled (Saturday KO Last chance and Saturday Scuffle Deadline i.e.). The minimum # of entrants on those needs to be lowered to 5/6 (and seats guaranteed can be lowered to 2 but that's not even needed as they have many late registering once started). BB High roller Last chance sat guarantee can be upped to 3 as it always reaches that.
Michael Buble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:18 PM   #11815
mashxx
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mashxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Shut up and take my money!
Posts: 7,335
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

In this many years even Trump would do something good eventually
mashxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:07 PM   #11816
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,697
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Finally a major daily mtt that starts after work in New Zealand. I should be stoked I guess
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:22 PM   #11817
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,040
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStars Luke View Post
Hey all,

Long time, no chat.

I wanted to discuss a few recent happenings and also ask for some feedback.
  1. A few players have mentioned the lack of a $530 Main Event in WCOOP. A couple of you have surmised that it would take focus away from the $5,200 Main Event, and you're correct! Reaching a $10M guarantee when there's almost $60M worth of tournaments to play out in the weeks preceding is difficult as is. When you consider that a $530 Main Event would be a compelling alternative to $5,200 Main Event satellites, it presents an extraordinary risk that we're not willing to take. That said, there's some huge WCOOP Main Event satellites on offer this week and I'm sure the $55 Main Event will be a great tournament!

  2. There's often some chatter about WCOOP satellites. Any comments/suggestions regarding volume, formats missing, general offering, etc.?
  3. What do you think about WCOOP as two weeks long instead of three? The Series itself is bigger and has more high-stakes to differentiate it from SCOOP, but I'm curious what impression you're left with. Just the right length? Wish it was another week long so you could take small breaks in the middle?

Good luck out there this weekend!
WHY the weren't any NORMAL speed 530$ sats for 5200 main?? like 10k 10min/or variable 6/8/10/12 lvl with good feeders to them(like 22-55 10min lvl/variable lvl or turbo => not only 75$ turbo/hiper) = imo HUGE FAIL,

u could easily haved put one every Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday from the start of the series with like 5-10 tickets GTD(one person can win only one ticket so there wont be reg infected) and last Saturday/Sunday put like 50 tickets GTD same structure (instead of those 3000/5min/3min 530$ sats u have now) so just out of those 530$ sats you would have like 200 entries in main
u could also made them smth like 400$+100$+30 pko or w/e

Last edited by Re8uZ; 09-14-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: but oh wait that kind of feedback should be asked BEFORE THE START of the series
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #11818
derbegott
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 10
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

rly hope the daily 8-max pko will have a 55$ version. need more daily blues like the marathon
derbegott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 07:39 PM   #11819
MEATBALLS ALLIN
grinder
 
MEATBALLS ALLIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 607
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

The main event logic is so flawed, there is an insane amount of people who might stretch to a $530 but would never even consider flicking in a 5k. To not have a $530 main is beyond stupid, but good job as always.
MEATBALLS ALLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:20 AM   #11820
Mimicry
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Bulgaria
Posts: 98
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerStars Luke View Post
Hey all,

Long time, no chat.

I wanted to discuss a few recent happenings and also ask for some feedback.
  1. A few players have mentioned the lack of a $530 Main Event in WCOOP. A couple of you have surmised that it would take focus away from the $5,200 Main Event, and you're correct! Reaching a $10M guarantee when there's almost $60M worth of tournaments to play out in the weeks preceding is difficult as is. When you consider that a $530 Main Event would be a compelling alternative to $5,200 Main Event satellites, it presents an extraordinary risk that we're not willing to take. That said, there's some huge WCOOP Main Event satellites on offer this week and I'm sure the $55 Main Event will be a great tournament!
  2. Live Events satellites are now under my team. If you have any suggestions regarding the offering, feel free to leave them here. Additionally, we're running our first EPT Prague satellite this Sunday @ 15:30 ET. 530 EUR buy-in with 10 packages guaranteed!
  3. There's a few main schedule changes upcoming. From Monday, September 17th, the Pacific Rim (and Mini) will become a daily tournament. Additionally, a new 8-Max PKO Major will be added in the not-so-distant future. Lastly, some $1,050 buy-in tournaments will be added on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. See the lobby next week for more details!

And a few topics for feedback...
  • We've changed the way we run non-NLHE Sit & Go satellites during WCOOP. Rather than running traditional 6-Max Hyper-Turbos and 4-Max Double Shootouts, we've reduced the offering to a single On-Demand. From our perspective, it has been successful at face value - games are running and more prize pools are being generated. How does it feel? Any suggestions for improvement?
  • There's often some chatter about WCOOP satellites. Any comments/suggestions regarding volume, formats missing, general offering, etc.?
  • What do you think about WCOOP as two weeks long instead of three? The Series itself is bigger and has more high-stakes to differentiate it from SCOOP, but I'm curious what impression you're left with. Just the right length? Wish it was another week long so you could take small breaks in the middle?

Good luck out there this weekend!
Lol u put lower guarantie on the new fast friday editions than the hot one of the same price and no re-entry haha .What kind of major is this when the prize pool is less ?I see many tournaments dying cuz u reduce their guarantie and after that delete them and said theres no interest for them-no theres interest but if the guaranties are low why will they not choose party/bwin with low guarantie but lower rake and overlays ?More 1k$ tournaments great but the major of population wants and plays tournaments up-to 50$ and satelites up-to 215$ so im not against adding more highrollers but to think about micro-low stakes which u fuked up since u increase rake and add some major for them also ,like daily spider hyper or some PKO daily with good guarantie .
Mimicry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 05:10 AM   #11821
PokerStars Luke
PokerStars Tournaments
 
PokerStars Luke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: PokerStars HQ, Isle of Man
Posts: 272
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8uZ View Post
WHY the weren't any NORMAL speed 530$ sats for 5200 main?? like 10k 10min/or variable 6/8/10/12 lvl with good feeders to them(like 22-55 10min lvl/variable lvl or turbo => not only 75$ turbo/hiper) = imo HUGE FAIL,

u could easily haved put one every Tuesday/Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday from the start of the series with like 5-10 tickets GTD(one person can win only one ticket so there wont be reg infected) and last Saturday/Sunday put like 50 tickets GTD same structure (instead of those 3000/5min/3min 530$ sats u have now) so just out of those 530$ sats you would have like 200 entries in main
u could also made them smth like 400$+100$+30 pko or w/e
There must be some misunderstanding, because we've done exactly as you suggested. The schedule so far:
  • Daily $55 satellites with a $55 seat added and $2.20 feeders.
  • A daily Mega sat (regular speed) with either a $215 or $530 buy-in and usually five seats guaranteed. It has been $530 six times in the past two weeks and $215 ten times. The $530 buy-in has had $75 feeders and the $215 has had $15 feeders to each one.
  • There is a $215 Mega today at 15:35 ET with 20 seats guaranteed!

The $15/$75 feeders to the $215/$530 Megas are always turbo/hyper-turbo because these buy-ins align with tickets won in Spin & Gos. I don't think it is mandatory that these feeders have regular speed options, so why not provide Spin & Go players an experience in between a Spin & Go and the satellite they're trying to win entry to?

Lastly, you mentioned a PKO satellite. Have you played any of the ones on offer? Love/hate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbegott View Post
rly hope the daily 8-max pko will have a 55$ version. need more daily blues like the marathon
It will be in the mid-stakes buy-in range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEATBALLS ALLIN View Post
The main event logic is so flawed, there is an insane amount of people who might stretch to a $530 but would never even consider flicking in a 5k. To not have a $530 main is beyond stupid, but good job as always.
I never suggested they'd flick a $5,200. I suggested that a $530 Main Event would take satellite play away from the $5,200, and satellite play is crucial to hit the $10M guarantee. Last year's tournament had a $10.9M prize pool, a safe clearance of the guarantee, but we also generated ~$3M in MTT satellite prize pools to this Event. Diverting attention away from it certainly has a cost.
PokerStars Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 07:17 AM   #11822
Thegamewillendsoon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 97
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Luke, if you want MTTs to keep hitting the guarantee here is a hint:

Add normal speed satellites for 1/10 or 1/5 of the buyin.

I stopped playing sats because they are mostly turbo/hyper turbo.

And when there is a rare normal speed satt, the buyin is like 5% of the ticket, that is way too low. Getting a ticket beating 80% or 90% of the field is ok, but seeing you have to beat 95% or higher is just demotivating to register.

Just think about it. What argument could you have against it? Its a Win Win.

My 2 cents
Thegamewillendsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:41 AM   #11823
RobengoSini
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 128
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

For next year i suggest a 55$ 1m gtd, a 530$ 3m gtd and a 5k 7m gtd and not 10m.
This makes much more sense if you're afraid of hitting the guarantee.
RobengoSini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:45 AM   #11824
schmette
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 468
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

You could lower the rake on those turbo/hyper sats, that would help a lot while gaining more players for them, right now those games are just barely beatable at all.

Esp for those Main Events 5,2k one, it would be a nice promo.

And btw get rid of players who could win multiple Buyins within Sats, this is horrible and provide nothing. Regs are abusing the Sat-Sytem. Make it a Ticket-Win with a must play within a year and regs wont play them like crazy.


+1 in missing a 530$ Main, i get your Point but for most players a 5,2k is not affordable, a bunch of players would sat into the 530 Main.

Your grt ticket sat will reach them anyway, i think you are missing out here but i get your point.
schmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 08:48 AM   #11825
TheBlackWidow
stranger
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 14
Re: PokerStars MTT Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegamewillendsoon View Post
Luke, if you want MTTs to keep hitting the guarantee here is a hint:

Add normal speed satellites for 1/10 or 1/5 of the buyin.

I stopped playing sats because they are mostly turbo/hyper turbo.

And when there is a rare normal speed satt, the buyin is like 5% of the ticket, that is way too low. Getting a ticket beating 80% or 90% of the field is ok, but seeing you have to beat 95% or higher is just demotivating to register.

Just think about it. What argument could you have against it? Its a Win Win.

My 2 cents
Luke's argument: It's good for regs.
TheBlackWidow is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online