Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2016, 09:46 AM   #701
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,366
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Mick00 View Post
Great for online poker, bad for Stars. They have a asset that could be sold for a big price, but would it hurt them to much to see to rivals?
Was sort of thinking the same thing. If they sold the software (user list not included) then it just comes down to how much this sort of software could be duplicated for? From Amayas POV what's the point of not making money if they felt a competitor would spend the same money elsewhere.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #702
KingBustYou
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deskville
Posts: 254
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenomez View Post

Storm gets overlay because 30K 10% of them r too dumb to realize how good storm is too play. . Make it 1x rentry the day Sunday is 3x reentry and see it boom.

Mini weekender on Saturday. $82 is perfect
Mini rebuy is must. The same trny ran later 11r Sunday edition and gets half the people of Sunday mini rebuy did.
Mini warmup is obv free $ and take
Mini thrill 109$
Mini Tuesday 109$.


People just want to be a part of something and play anything in big colors.
+a mirrion
KingBustYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 11:36 AM   #703
Gilmour
Pooh-Bah
 
Gilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,936
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Personally i dont have a problem for Sunday Million to be re-entry event, even though i will only fire one bullet myself. I dont get the problem really, if you fire one bullet that bullet have a cetain amount of set EV regardless if other players fire 2 or 3 bullets.

Its like i sometimes take a gamble bullet in the 22$ cubed sunday edition. I cant afford 60$ (rebuy+addon), but i still want a piece in the tournament. Even though alot of other players take rebuy and/or addon, i only fire one bullet. Yes, i get shorter stack compared to the others and higher variance, but my bullet of 22$ doesent lose its EV because of that. Also it feels pretty sweet when i finish in the money only have put 22$ in the prizepool, knowing that alot of other players have left 62$ in the middle.
Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #704
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,366
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post
Personally i dont have a problem for Sunday Million to be re-entry event, even though i will only fire one bullet myself. I dont get the problem really, if you fire one bullet that bullet have a cetain amount of set EV regardless if other players fire 2 or 3 bullets.

Its like i sometimes take a gamble bullet in the 22$ cubed sunday edition. I cant afford 60$ (rebuy+addon), but i still want a piece in the tournament. Even though alot of other players take rebuy and/or addon, i only fire one bullet. Yes, i get shorter stack compared to the others and higher variance, but my bullet of 22$ doesent lose its EV because of that. Also it feels pretty sweet when i finish in the money only have put 22$ in the prizepool, knowing that alot of other players have left 62$ in the middle.
Obviously the EV if measured by a pure dollar standpoint is the same.
But who is going to be the players that re-enter this tourney? If it was proportionally bad players and good players in comparison to the original starting field then it makes no difference. The reality is there will be a much higher percentage of good players firing multiple bullets compared to bad players.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:41 PM   #705
Gilmour
Pooh-Bah
 
Gilmour's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Norway
Posts: 3,936
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
Obviously the EV if measured by a pure dollar standpoint is the same.
But who is going to be the players that re-enter this tourney? If it was proportionally bad players and good players in comparison to the original starting field then it makes no difference. The reality is there will be a much higher percentage of good players firing multiple bullets compared to bad players.
Good point wich i hadnt thought of to be honest. From that point of view i can more understand why someone argues against re-entry for the Million.
Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #706
Yenomez
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Posting from my iPhone
Posts: 491
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Luke. Bryan posts a (little) more often then you and I feel like you should be talking to us more. Don't you get a $ bonus if your not overlaying anything and adding tons of things? I just don't see why it's so hard to implement these small (tested ) trnys already. How you could not add mini warm up and rebut after 2nd Sunday they ran is really sad. Just add it and take our money dude please.
Take our money.
It just can't be that hard to add 10 tournaments, it's harder to change them then it is to add I assume.

Like right now i want to play and I'm thinking if want to play Super Tuesday. Instead I'm not moving but if there was a mini Tuesday I wouldn't even think twice because I know it would crush and make day a bit better to point of being worth playing.


FYI, I have no issues w Milly being3x reentry but I really doubt more then 90ish% of players fire a second. But to be fair I will continue to reg until it's over if I bust because I really believe 3 chances in the Milly gives me a better chance because I'm tons better then average player so it's obviously beneficial for regs but I don't think recs particularly care.

Thoughts if this is possible? To run sattys to Sunday Milly pack (3) entries per seat. If you bust w a ticket you are auto renetered. @ point late reg closes anyone left w tickets is converted to T$.
Seems p complicated but those satties if in pink would crush.
Rec mentality would be they can win a pack get ITM of Milly and save a bullet for t$. While making them feel more solid about their start play and not be scared of regs and battle since they already are locked for a rentry they bust.
I'm p high but this seems like a really good idea

Last edited by Yenomez; 02-16-2016 at 12:53 PM.
Yenomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #707
tjaalz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 96
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

where are the freeroll round 1 mtts? the omaha, razz, 8game etc freerolls that gave the top 50 a ticket to round 2 on saterday or sunday? cant see them in the lobby anymore...
tjaalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:00 PM   #708
CaliStyle
See my staking thread
 
CaliStyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,340
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

What is the time frame for rolling out the new schedule?
CaliStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:12 PM   #709
rounder63
veteran
 
rounder63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,392
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

how is the merge going to work?
rounder63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 05:59 PM   #710
jaggalo1231
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Prague
Posts: 301
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Luke seems u've been ignoring my question, so for the last time:

what are u gonna do about 55 deep stacks, 55ko, 55reentry etc?

time frame?

thx!
jaggalo1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:02 PM   #711
UPAY4DINNER
Pooh-Bah
 
UPAY4DINNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,024
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rounder63 View Post
how is the merge going to work?
There gonna move all 5 active FTP players to Stars
UPAY4DINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:46 PM   #712
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,366
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPAY4DINNER View Post
There gonna move all 5 active FTP players to Stars
lol
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #713
nassy44
centurion
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Canada
Posts: 160
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

can you bring back those random turbo nights? <3
nassy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 12:23 AM   #714
snakeman221
journeyman
 
snakeman221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 247
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjaalz View Post
where are the freeroll round 1 mtts? the omaha, razz, 8game etc freerolls that gave the top 50 a ticket to round 2 on saterday or sunday? cant see them in the lobby anymore...
Was also wondering about this, anybody knows? Google is hard.....
snakeman221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:40 AM   #715
travisohc
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 333
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenomez View Post
Luke. Bryan posts a (little) more often then you
travisohc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:27 AM   #716
tjaalz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 96
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

So If you guys are killing all the freerolls, when is the Premier Skill League going to stop? And the Big Bang tournament?

Is the logic something like 'Freeroll players don't deposit, we gotta get rid of those parasites' or 'Damn that Ronaldo and Neymar dude cost us so much, we gotta pay him with al the freeroll money'

Pick one.

It's not like those freerolls were attracting new players or the "round 1 freerolls" were good for new players to learn other poker games like omaha, stud etc.. no no just give away lotto tickets for those superfun automatic all in shove events. That wil surely attract new pokerplayers. The charme is lost GG
tjaalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:06 AM   #717
anuj22
old hand
 
anuj22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,933
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

"Please note that the Astronomer Freeroll promotion is being discontinued on February 14.

The final Astronomer Freeroll will run on February 12. The final Weekly Round 2 tourneys will run on February 13 and 14.

Any unused tickets for ‘Weekly Round 2 - Saturday’ and ‘Weekly Round 2 - Sunday’ tournaments will expire thereafter, and unused tickets will be forfeited. The tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable."
anuj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:08 AM   #718
tjaalz
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 96
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj22 View Post
"Please note that the Astronomer Freeroll promotion is being discontinued on February 14.

The final Astronomer Freeroll will run on February 12. The final Weekly Round 2 tourneys will run on February 13 and 14.

Any unused tickets for ‘Weekly Round 2 - Saturday’ and ‘Weekly Round 2 - Sunday’ tournaments will expire thereafter, and unused tickets will be forfeited. The tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable."
where did u find that info? can you give the link because belgian pokerstarswebsite is out of date
tjaalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 09:13 AM   #719
anuj22
old hand
 
anuj22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,933
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjaalz View Post
where did u find that info? can you give the link because belgian pokerstarswebsite is out of date
https://www.pokerstars.com/poker/tournaments/weekly/
anuj22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:48 AM   #720
krazykarter
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 728
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuj22 View Post
"Please note that the Astronomer Freeroll promotion is being discontinued on February 14.

The final Astronomer Freeroll will run on February 12. The final Weekly Round 2 tourneys will run on February 13 and 14.

Any unused tickets for ‘Weekly Round 2 - Saturday’ and ‘Weekly Round 2 - Sunday’ tournaments will expire thereafter, and unused tickets will be forfeited. The tickets are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and non-refundable."
That's unfortunate. I used the Astronomer Freerolls to start my bankroll (twice; I went broke the first time (and the second time)). I've paid far more in rake than I ever won from the freerolls, so they aren't all bad for PS.
krazykarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 11:57 AM   #721
Yenomez
banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Posting from my iPhone
Posts: 491
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Luke, I understand you are busy. But Baard and Luke can bother to try to post once a day and again I feel as if they mostly have the least obligation to.

I really can't see how hard or long it would take to add these things or even reply. You constantly say you are really busy and that's fine dude, but bring another pokerstars employee to help yo out with it. Someone who communicates a lot more and we can work on the schedule with him and you can approve and follow the GTD's.

Like I have 0% shot of playing today. A battle royale? I mean it gets 150k GTD for a $109 On a Wednesday called "battle royale" except the exact same thing runs 6/7 days and doesn't get the same. Just because you write battle royale people look and join.
So, adding the minis really should be done yesterday dude. You are costing Amaya money by not throwing up those trnys and probably yourself. And causing us all sonics ache because you are so busy and constantly just say how busy you are.


Read this today and throw up mini thrill tomorrow and mini weekender on Saturday. Please there is no reason we should go one more week without these and all others. Keep revising your schedule as your doing, just throw these in and when you see how good they are consider them in your revised schedule for 2017 .
Yenomez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 03:57 PM   #722
DaBigBoss86
grinder
 
DaBigBoss86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 655
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Add a StarsCoin Mega-Path which leads into the Sunday €700 EPT-Grand Final Qualifier...
DaBigBoss86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:34 PM   #723
<''))))>< food
banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 198
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yenomez View Post
Luke, I understand you are busy. But Baard and Luke can bother to try to post once a day and again I feel as if they mostly have the least obligation to.

I really can't see how hard or long it would take to add these things or even reply. You constantly say you are really busy and that's fine dude, but bring another pokerstars employee to help yo out with it. Someone who communicates a lot more and we can work on the schedule with him and you can approve and follow the GTD's.

Like I have 0% shot of playing today. A battle royale? I mean it gets 150k GTD for a $109 On a Wednesday called "battle royale" except the exact same thing runs 6/7 days and doesn't get the same. Just because you write battle royale people look and join.
So, adding the minis really should be done yesterday dude. You are costing Amaya money by not throwing up those trnys and probably yourself. And causing us all sonics ache because you are so busy and constantly just say how busy you are.


Read this today and throw up mini thrill tomorrow and mini weekender on Saturday. Please there is no reason we should go one more week without these and all others. Keep revising your schedule as your doing, just throw these in and when you see how good they are consider them in your revised schedule for 2017 .
you're such a spoilt ****.

waaaaaaaaah i want soft low stakes featured tournaments waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

How ****ing thick are all of you to not realize that they do not roll out certain tournaments because the cannibalization effect may reduce the net rake they pull in over the short/long run? Just incessantly demanding more featured tournaments at your buy-in level. Why stop at a mini-thrill? why not just run 24 at every ****ing hour on Thursdays? God save all of you when online poker pushes you out and you have to join the real world.
<''))))>< food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #724
user12345
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bubbling sunday major FTs
Posts: 3,322
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Have timebanks in turbos (and amount of time b4 timebank is being activated [in all MTTs]) been decreased?
user12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 07:02 PM   #725
DoGGz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DoGGz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: in the streets, in the lab
Posts: 17,295
Re: 2016 PokerStars MTT Discussion Thread (Last Update: 2016/02/05)

Yea it was decreased across the board a few months back.
DoGGz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online