Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 04:55 PM   #176
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by user12345 View Post
I think recs would prefe and are playing bc of 20min structure and I as a reg also don't see problems with 20 min structure and prefer it.
It starts in a peak hour and w/e blind levels duration is you still would have to play it in peak hours for quite long time. And after 5-6 hours in its not peak hour anymore so I don't get your point.

Ask for another major if you really don't have enough tournies to play on Sunday.
Most recs don't have time to play this kind of super long tournaments. Most recs have to wake up at Monday morning, and for KO 20 mins levels are clearly too long. I would say that 15 mins are too, but they're little better. 12 mins would probably be good.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:34 PM   #177
Z06Fanatic1
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 567
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlasticPearl View Post
Because it might be profitable to fold to a min cash but it's more profitable to play to win?

surely it would be more profitable to reg every tournament with late reg and get a min cash or better
Z06Fanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 04:43 AM   #178
user12345
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bubbling sunday major FTs
Posts: 3,320
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Most recs don't have time to play this kind of super long tournaments. Most recs have to wake up at Monday morning
How do you know it?
And well ok let's say regs of lower limits and players who take shots as well as some regs won't mind this tourney had 20 min blind levels esp given structure is a bit faster than on ps.

Just the fact there is bunch of regs who don't play on their own and don't have 100% of themselves which means they desperately need to play more higher buy-in tournies doesn't mean schedules on all sites must be adjusted to their needs.

This can be applied to all majors on Party.
I think 20mins structures on Party are generally great and can't be reason of any problems of Sunday MTTs on party.
It's quite ridiculous statement -- 50superbounty isn't very good bc it lasts too long. Fwiw PS has similar 55 deep stack on Sunday (which has even deeper structure) which get around 1k entries on Sunday and no one moans it's too long.

Please don't destroy one of your best idea/sunday_major just bc some staked regs want to avoid making things complicated in regards to their Sunday schedule.
user12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 05:04 AM   #179
Party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
Party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,295
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Hi all

I wanted to ensure you are all aware of the new option to turn off pop up announcements we implemented during the recent downtime.

To enable this go to Options in the lobby -



Then select Table options - Turn off table announcements and save -



Feedback appreciated as always.

Regarding the next round of feedback, I will collate this on Monday and review with the PRM team on Tues/Wed and provide feedback

Thanks

Colette
Party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #180
blakkman08
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
blakkman08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: LOLdonkaments
Posts: 11,754
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

THANK YOU
blakkman08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:18 PM   #181
bohus04
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 65
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Most recs don't have time to play this kind of super long tournaments. Most recs have to wake up at Monday morning, and for KO 20 mins levels are clearly too long. I would say that 15 mins are too, but they're little better. 12 mins would probably be good.
I checked a few pages back and there are two people asking to shorten the Sunday SuperBounty levels from 20 minutes. I mean no offense but is that even a topic for discussion?

I checked the sharkscope and the SuperBounty took 10 hours and 32 minutes last time.(Unless there is a timeshift difference, not 100% sure because I dont have a paid sharkscope account.) So that means a winner can go to bed at 5:32 AM. Sure its late but obviously it only concerns a few guys at the final table and Im pretty sure a rec winning that tournament can handle that one Monday at work. I guess at least 75% of the field is finished before 3AM.

I also think its one of the most popular tournaments among both rec and regs on Party(for me it is probably the only one I never skip) and I think many play that especially because of the rare structure.(There were recs asking for a possibility to buy an entry to this very tournament with points in other threads on 2p2.) I guess people who like turbo tournaments dont usually play this one. Also there are more and more turbo and fast tournaments at the expense of regular/slow structure tournaments everywhere. There is a lot of various turbo small/big/progressive/full ko tournaments at other sites, a slow ones not so many I think. So please dont change/ruin this one.

Maybe introduce a similar turbo version?


@FarseerFinland

Please learn that your opinions arent facts and dont present them as they are because clearly they arent. Thanks.
bohus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:32 PM   #182
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohus04 View Post
I checked a few pages back and there are two people asking to shorten the Sunday SuperBounty levels from 20 minutes. I mean no offense but is that even a topic for discussion?

I checked the sharkscope and the SuperBounty took 10 hours and 32 minutes last time.(Unless there is a timeshift difference, not 100% sure because I dont have a paid sharkscope account.) So that means a winner can go to bed at 5:32 AM. Sure its late but obviously it only concerns a few guys at the final table and Im pretty sure a rec winning that tournament can handle that one Monday at work. I guess at least 75% of the field is finished before 3AM.

I also think its one of the most popular tournaments among both rec and regs on Party(for me it is probably the only one I never skip) and I think many play that especially because of the rare structure.(There were recs asking for a possibility to buy an entry to this very tournament with points in other threads on 2p2.) I guess people who like turbo tournaments dont usually play this one. Also there are more and more turbo and fast tournaments at the expense of regular/slow structure tournaments everywhere. There is a lot of various turbo small/big/progressive/full ko tournaments at other sites, a slow ones not so many I think. So please dont change/ruin this one.

Maybe introduce a similar turbo version?


@FarseerFinland

Please learn that your opinions arent facts and dont present them as they are because clearly they arent. Thanks.
Most players I know that have played online quite much and have quitted and while they occasionally still play poker don't play Sunday tournaments is because of this. It's not like "oh I probably get 2-4 hours of sleep before work anyways"... most people who start their week in work this way will definately run into trouble. As most of these players would usually play like 2-4 tournaments, it's clear that they would last far too long. And there's also one thing: Finland happens to be EET time zone, which means they start even one hour later than CET and two hours later than EET.

Most recs I know who would play these larger tournaments (they have spare cash but rather little time) won't because of this. Main problem imo. is that even U.S. players are banned, tournament calendar still exists as they would make majority of portion. Most sites don't have any interesting tournaments starting around European afternoon, when most of these players would play tournaments like this bounty which lasts ages. Another chance would be introducing interesting Saturday majors, although many people are spending night out then.

While I agree that it's good to have different type of tournaments, right now Party has some good hyper / turbo tournaments but very few good regular tournaments with 8/10/12 minutes blinds, as all major tournaments (in Sunday) have 15/20 mins blinds. Maybe adding another (semi-)turbo bounty tournament with good guaranteed to start around 8 PM CET would interest people, but problem in Party right now is that there are not that many players to spread around.

As you ask me not to bring up my points as facts, same to you. and it's definately worth discussing why people don't like to play a tournament that's supposed to be one of the flagship tournaments in site.

As a new thing: Could we get some kind of daily PLO8 turbo rebuy with 5$ or 10$ buy-in starting around 8 PM? I think there's lots of unused potential wasted with no daily PLO8 tournaments. Give it like a modest 500 / 750$ guaranteed and I think it would survive, even with summer coming.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:05 PM   #183
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,366
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Wow 2 weeks with $50k knocked off the guarantee of the Sunday Major and it's already overlaying. I'd have at least expected a month. At this rate, and with Summer coming, I expect it to be down to a 100k guarantee by September.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 09:24 PM   #184
LittleGoliath
veteran
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,408
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
Wow 2 weeks with $50k knocked off the guarantee of the Sunday Major and it's already overlaying. I'd have at least expected a month. At this rate, and with Summer coming, I expect it to be down to a 100k guarantee by September.
vegas+summer tho

just logged in again, 16 left in major, avg stack hovering around 30bb which surprises me with this 15 min struct
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:03 AM   #185
Party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
Party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,295
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Hi all

I have reviewed the following with the PRM team and can confirm the following:

Improved structure for ALL Sunday Majors - We will look to implement our recent improved structure (used on the 150K GTD) across all our major tournaments. This is ongoing and we hope to have this fully implemented in the next few weeks.

Super Bounty on Sundays decrease blind level, currently 20 mins change to 15 mins - We will change this as requested starting from the 14th June

Early Ante from 50/100 +10 is still missing in pretty much every tournament - We will add this on our Majors to begin and roll out in the next few weeks

50$ 15k on Sunday has still 3k starting - change to 5k - As above we are reviewing all our majors and will implement some changes very soon

50r on MO+Tu is nice, bring it back for WED-Sunday - I am afraid this is not an option for now.

• 1k with 100k on Sundays, 95% of the players who play the 530$ are regulars which would play the 1k too, barely a rec is playing this one. So change the Sunday 530 into a 1 - We will review this after the summer schedule ends ... we do have our upcoming pokerfest schedule coming soon... please do check out our offerings

Bring a 350$ on Mo+We+Fr+Sa. - Currently we are happy offering this on the Tuesday. We will add a Thursday edition on September 3rd once our summer sched ends


Thanks

Colette
Party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:27 PM   #186
bohus04
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 65
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Most players I know that have played online quite much and have quitted and while they occasionally still play poker don't play Sunday tournaments is because of this. It's not like "oh I probably get 2-4 hours of sleep before work anyways"... most people who start their week in work this way will definately run into trouble. As most of these players would usually play like 2-4 tournaments, it's clear that they would last far too long. And there's also one thing: Finland happens to be EET time zone, which means they start even one hour later than CET and two hours later than EET.

Most recs I know who would play these larger tournaments (they have spare cash but rather little time) won't because of this. Main problem imo. is that even U.S. players are banned, tournament calendar still exists as they would make majority of portion. Most sites don't have any interesting tournaments starting around European afternoon, when most of these players would play tournaments like this bounty which lasts ages. Another chance would be introducing interesting Saturday majors, although many people are spending night out then.


As you ask me not to bring up my points as facts, same to you. and it's definately worth
discussing why people don't like to play a tournament that's supposed to be one of the flagship tournaments in site.
To be nice I will word it mildly. Most of what you write is a nonsense.

a) people who only sleep 2-4 hours before Monday(first working day) will definitely run into trouble at work... oh really????? Are you serious or are you just saying some random automatic bs every time huh?

b) Finland timezone... who cares? There are different countries in different timezones you know?

c) I dont buy this "most recs I know" crap of yours. I think you are making it up and I dont think you know many recs if even any.

I used to play live A LOT. I know DOZENS of recs. Almost NONE of the recs I know know that partypoker exists(let alone their structures being too long...lol). Last week one of them asked me(when talking about where i play online) if it was partypoker.cz. Most of the recs you will meet will only talk about pokerstars(SM, some smaller 20usd tournamets etc.). I have met recs who played on WINAMAX, but not on party. Actually now I member one guy who knew and played on party, one from all i talked about it.

d)"worth discussing why people don't like to play a tournament that's supposed to be one of the flagship tournaments in site"

again, how do you know its not popular??? IFAIK its the biggest $50 field on party which in itself doesnt mean anything because obv with changes it can skyrocket or it can vanish. But saying statements like that shows that you have no idea what you are talking about.

e) I agree with the schedule being too unbalanced and that it needs some tournaments to add in the afternoon imo.

Btw. watch how quickly is shortening level time implemented(more rake hello), but adding some deepstacks or longering the current levels wont happen. Same goes for changing rebuys -> freezeouts/reentries(again hello more rake). But dont be surprised when most of the tournaments are flipfest and nobody wins, thats in a way for what you asked.
bohus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:45 PM   #187
bohus04
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 65
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Party_Rep View Post
Hi all

I have reviewed the following with the PRM team and can confirm the following:

Super Bounty on Sundays decrease blind level, currently 20 mins change to 15 mins - We will change this as requested starting from the 14th June

50$ 15k on Sunday has still 3k starting - change to 5k - As above we are reviewing all our majors and will implement some changes very soon

50r on MO+Tu is nice, bring it back for WED-Sunday - I am afraid this is not an option for now.


Thanks

Colette
Ok, I counted. Four people were for decreasing the level time in the bounty by saying +1 or "make it shorter". Two people wrote long posts how this structure is great-unique and should be kept. Result = shorten immediatelly.

Many people asked about the 50r to get it back many times(in different threads too) for weeks immediatelly from canceling it. Result = no.

Quite a few people asked(dunno how many but for sure more than in case 1 and nobody was against) to make it 5k instead of 3k in Sunday major for several weeks. Result = uhmm maybe lets wait maybe they forget or maybe we will have to in the end.

Yeah and everyone was against reentries and none was canceled but some were added.

Probably party best 3 tournaments, 150(200k), 50r and 50 bounty...

There are still some lower stakes good deepstacks on Sunday remaning I guess those are coming next.

And still regarding the wpt closure, the store prizes changes were a result of currency movements, I asked what was the reason to remove the cash for points option from casino store right before the announcement of the closure, got no answer.

But yeah, I finally got what is the reason of this thread and wont bother here anymore. Meanwhile moving most of my play elsewhere and hoping 888>Amaya.

/out
bohus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #188
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Lol @ those 2 whining posts. It's like playing chess with a pigeon.

@PartyRep:

Thanks for news, though you really should consider bringing first 8 levels down to 12 minutes in Sunday Super Bounty.

50r would be a good major daily tournament, but I understand if you hesitate to reinstall them during summer time. I also agree that there probably wouldn't be enough player population to add daily 350$ without adding lots of satellites. Nevertheless you might reconsider to bring 50+R back for Thursdays in addition to Mondays and Tuesdays? And as I mentioned in other threads, you really should sell discounted tickets in VIP Store to those tournaments in your VIP store which are struggling instead of removing them or automatically lowering their guaranteeds and/or making them re-entrys. It really doesn't cost you much and will keep your tournament structure strong enough NOT to meet Ongame's fate which is very near.

I hope that we can see some PLO8 or NLO8 turbos / hypers and rebuys this time in Pokerfest. Not 3 boring ones with too long levels having withered guaranteeds. Also hopefully seeing many turbo / hyper rebuys Also some kind of flat prize structure leaderboard would be fun incentive to play more tournaments.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 06:56 AM   #189
user12345
veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: bubbling sunday major FTs
Posts: 3,320
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Colette,

What was your reasoning for decreasing blind levels duration in 50 super bounty?
user12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:59 PM   #190
Z06Fanatic1
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 567
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

just add the 50r on sundays - even if you slap a small guarentee on it Im sure it fills no problem.....the sunday high stakes is a little dead for how big your player pool is
Z06Fanatic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 01:00 PM   #191
LittleGoliath
veteran
 
LittleGoliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,408
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

have to say i really like the new structure with the earlier antes, good job
LittleGoliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 04:42 AM   #192
Party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
Party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,295
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Hi all

As promised in my previous update to the MTT feedback thread we have made some changes to our Majors
We have reviewed feedback and the adjustments are now live.
The main action here was to adjust our blinds and antes and the starting stack in some tournaments.
With regards to the starting stacks - at the end of the late reg period players should now have min x10 BB for play. We feel this is a valued improvement for our players who want to take advantage of late reg.

All details are below FYI -







As always feedback appreicated

Kind regards,

Colette
Party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 12:59 PM   #193
centebakkie
Pooh-Bah
 
centebakkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ☯☮❄☣
Posts: 3,530
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Why aren't there more low stakes gtd rebuy mtt at reasonable times ? There's only 1 at 17:30 ($3000gtd $5r). The next at 23:20 which is to late.

Also why did that last $500gtd $2r PLO turbo get removed ?
centebakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #194
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

What could possibly be your reason to remove $10 turbo rebuy with big add-on starting 14:30 ET? It has rarely overlayed at least in larger amounts, and part of that fault is with your software lagging with registrations. Also removing Monday-Saturday $20 turbo rebuy with big add-on makes no sense at all, it has never overlayed what I have heard of and I have sometimes just 1-tabled it. And in return: not a single interesting new tournaments.

Reinstall at least 10+R one, or I'll be gone. You have 2 tournaments left worth interest now, not enough reason to open your crappy software (Hyper rebuy and 10+R 10/20 seats satellite). I usually play satellites and in Sundays 20+R PLO8 also, but will be gone from them too.

Your new timetable is just simple said: Awful!
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:20 PM   #195
-UBetIFold-
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 283
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

I'm looking in the client now and have the lobby opened for a $10 turbo rebuy, big addon, $10kGTD starting at 4:30. Is this the one you are talking about?
-UBetIFold- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:48 PM   #196
lotus guardian
adept
 
lotus guardian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 754
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
I'm looking in the client now and have the lobby opened for a $10 turbo rebuy, big addon, $10kGTD starting at 4:30. Is this the one you are talking about?
That's the one. I didn't see it in the client after reading his post but I had the wrong filters.
lotus guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:49 PM   #197
-UBetIFold-
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 283
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Figured it was the filters
-UBetIFold- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #198
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
I'm looking in the client now and have the lobby opened for a $10 turbo rebuy, big addon, $10kGTD starting at 4:30. Is this the one you are talking about?
Me too, but not ones on the list. I guess they couldn't remove ones which were already in the lobby?

And these problems still persist daily, enjoying overlays so much?

FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:18 PM   #199
-UBetIFold-
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 283
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Exact same thing happened to me on that sat. I reg'd with about 10sec left and it timed out with that message with only 1 person regging at the last minute. I wouldn't think there would be that much lag with no I e jumping in (or a very small few) at the last minute.
-UBetIFold- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #200
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,165
Re: ****Official PartyPoker/Bwin 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by -UBetIFold- View Post
Exact same thing happened to me on that sat. I reg'd with about 10sec left and it timed out with that message with only 1 person regging at the last minute. I wouldn't think there would be that much lag with no I e jumping in (or a very small few) at the last minute.
I was rather surprised that it lagged almost a minute in such very small tournament. Reg'd around 30 secs before and I think that it took almost 30 sec after late reg ended to show up even that message.

E: And just a moment later, I registered to 3+R hyper 1 minute before end of late reg. Same thing happened again.

Totally unacceptable! And it wasn't because bad internet or slow computer, I even made 2nd try using the lobby "register" button while it was pending and got message saying about "tournament registration in progress, you can register after current registration has been completed".

It always keeps me annoyed when this thing happen, and for a good time it has happened more often than not and it feels like lottery if software is going to let me play tournament.

Colette: Has there been any action to fix this?

E2: And now that I registered to 10+R turbosat, it registered me instantly. So there's no clear pattern in this, looks more like random bugs.

Last edited by FarseerFinland; 06-17-2015 at 03:07 PM.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online