Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2018, 08:56 AM   #2426
schmette
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 466
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I really do like the Mix/Max- Games, it is way more fun playing deep in the MTTs.....

What you guys think about PKO-Payouts?

Thought it might be a good idea to change the Payouts. Right now approx. 13% of players are paid regardless of PKO or FO. The Winner in PKO is very often getting 2x the amount of the 2nd player, due to the PKO-Nature of the Games. In FO-Game the winners is getting most of the time approx 40% more than the 2nd player. Both ITM % cashes and x% 1st to second could be slightly wrong, you still get the point.

1) As the PKO-Structure is already very flat, due to players winning Kos in the beginning, i thought it might be a good idea to reduce the player ITM a bit, to make the mincash more attractive..... Change it to approx 10% only in PKO, would increase the mincash a bit.

2) Change the Payout for the Winner to make 1st Price= 2nd Price. Give the ~40% leftover (difference from 1st to 2nd price) to 3-9th Place.

The winner of the PKO is getting the PKOs which will lead to 40-60% more than the 2nd price anyway, so if has the kinda "same" payouts as FO-MTTs.

->Both changes would increase the mincash for players in PKO-Games, right now mincash=Buyin. Would be nice to see a change where the Mincash would be 2x the Buyin or at least 1,5x the Buyin Amount.
-> Swap money from first price to 3-9th would make the Payouts for the FT-Players a bit better, while the winner is getting still 40-60% more than 2nd player.


I would love to hear some opinions about that matter......
schmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #2427
Tankado
centurion
 
Tankado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Qualifying for the Sunday Million
Posts: 138
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

mix-max for plo would only make sense to make it from regular 6-max to 5-max (or as an extreme version 4-max) late in mtt.
starting plo with 8-max makes it bad. there is a reason, there are almost no plo mtts or cashgames with more than 6 players.
Tankado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 02:20 PM   #2428
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,973
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEBWE View Post
There is a big Problem with tickets PP LIVE Feeder : if u win a ticket 5,50$ u have only one day for use it, a ticket 22$ or 109$ only one week.
Why put a validity of only one day or one week on theses tickets?! I play online since 8 years on differents rooms and never saw that. I think its very rude for new players who dont even know what they are playing and got tickets who disappear like this. And i think theses satellites are always full so there is no reason to speed players like this.
All our tickets have an expiry date
The feeders - as the name suggest - feed the next level of games
The expiry helps the ecology of the games and ensures we can add increased guarantees and value
All information can be found under Read More in the lobby for the exact game you opt to play, which will clearly state the validity period of the ticket
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 04:01 PM   #2429
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,036
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_Rep View Post

Regarding feedback I have collated and shared particularly the Mix Max comments, however, feedback is currently mixed (no pun intended) regarding this format
is super easy simple put one day 8 max/ one day mix max one week then change it next week ( for ex monday mix-max first week, tuesday 8max etc/ monday 8 max, tuesday mixmax etc second week)and see how it goes,what people play and make conclusions from that
there a lot of people that dont read forums and even if they read that dont bother to give feedback


the way you are doing it imo is just bad...
you are drastically changing types/format/stack size/lvl time etc for ALL MTTS at once every month or so and when you do that there are only that kind of mtts to be played on party for certain period of time week/month and then you drasticly change it again
you are doing it like that for like 2 years now, almost every month different schedule different type of mtts...
a ton of people on this forum has given feedback that this practice i really bad and you keep doing it...
i am sure that there are a lot of players that are reducing volume (not playing at all) on party because of this stuff (i am very rarely playing mtts on party this days for ex i played in September less then 7% of my volume on party 18 mtts/abi 120$ /while stars i played like 260 MTTS abi 85$)
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:02 PM   #2430
Gooner933
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 167
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Agreed!!
What's the obsession with constantly changing stuff? A stable & varied (not everything 6-max!!!) schedule is all we want. If you are so desperate to make changes let me point you in the direction of all your daily turbos that are raked at 10% ...

About the PKO-Payouts: Don't think its too much of a big deal either way but I agree with your suggestion Schmette - makes sense.
Gooner933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #2431
FarseerFinland
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,556
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

For some reasons "turbo" tournaments today @ Powerfest were deepstacks. 7 min blinds + smooth structures ~ 20 min blinds.

FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 09:50 PM   #2432
MangeTaSueur
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 141
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8uZ View Post
is super easy simple put one day 8 max/ one day mix max one week then change it next week ( for ex monday mix-max first week, tuesday 8max etc/ monday 8 max, tuesday mixmax etc second week)and see how it goes,what people play and make conclusions from that
there a lot of people that dont read forums and even if they read that dont bother to give feedback


the way you are doing it imo is just bad...
you are drastically changing types/format/stack size/lvl time etc for ALL MTTS at once every month or so and when you do that there are only that kind of mtts to be played on party for certain period of time week/month and then you drasticly change it again
you are doing it like that for like 2 years now, almost every month different schedule different type of mtts...
a ton of people on this forum has given feedback that this practice i really bad and you keep doing it...
i am sure that there are a lot of players that are reducing volume (not playing at all) on party because of this stuff (i am very rarely playing mtts on party this days for ex i played in September less then 7% of my volume on party 18 mtts/abi 120$ /while stars i played like 260 MTTS abi 85$)

I confirm the drastic cut in volume on PP ,as in my timezone GMT+7 all is deepstack till 3am...
The worst I see is that even for Europeans they followed the same path
Now it s about 2 or 3 MTT a day on PP

About Mix max, not against it.....but you do it wrong....
THE ISSUE IS YOUR STRUCTURES ANT TIME TO ITM ON ALL YOUR MTTS..... WE ARE NOT AT PP LIVE ! (when people pay hotel and flights so they enjoy to play longer without busting level 2)
Mix max has to be 6max first to accelerate the elimination and reduce time to ITM, then 8 max with less lottery effect at FT bubble (as you refuse to put a 7handed FT)

I don t bother to comment the sats anymore, they are back to the c rap they were 2 years ago....
MangeTaSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #2433
tl65\
old hand
 
tl65\'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,686
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I like mix max, but the timing of the switch from 8m to 6m needs to change. As of now, it's switching right on or before the bubble and it's really awkward, esp if you have a short stack.
tl65\ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:15 AM   #2434
florianger
centurion
 
florianger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: intothewild
Posts: 196
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

as i said - IF MIXMAX - it should start with 6max...and later 8max. makes much more sense, i believe!

OR

Change it more often....every hour or so...this would be not bad, maybe.

AND

less mixmax in generel plz. - i think it should be something Special....maybe 1-3 tournaments per day.
florianger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:42 AM   #2435
xLAGERTHAx
journeyman
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 308
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Why has so much of the MTT schedule now been changed to 200K starting stacks?!

As if there weren't enough negative comments about the 100K SS's as it was, PP decide to go ahead and double them for the majority of the schedule, resulting in 100K SS MTT's now becoming the minority.

No other poker sites I play on have starting stacks anywhere near close to 100K, let alone 200K and the stack sizes when deep in a large field MTT are getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

What's next...500K?

I just don't understand the need for it or what the reasoning could be behind these decisions...

A while ago I felt like the PP schedule was improving and heading in the right direction...now I feel like a lot of that improvement is being undone and the direction has been lost.

I was playing most of my volume on PP a few months ago and now find myself playing more and more elsewhere...says it all really.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:10 AM   #2436
tiltyoubad
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 78
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
Why has so much of the MTT schedule now been changed to 200K starting stacks?!

As if there weren't enough negative comments about the 100K SS's as it was, PP decide to go ahead and double them for the majority of the schedule, resulting in 100K SS MTT's now becoming the minority.

No other poker sites I play on have starting stacks anywhere near close to 100K, let alone 200K and the stack sizes when deep in a large field MTT are getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

What's next...500K?

I just don't understand the need for it or what the reasoning could be behind these decisions...

A while ago I felt like the PP schedule was improving and heading in the right direction...now I feel like a lot of that improvement is being undone and the direction has been lost.

I was playing most of my volume on PP a few months ago and now find myself playing more and more elsewhere...says it all really.
Not that it matters at all but yeah... +1...
tiltyoubad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:20 AM   #2437
schmette
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 466
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
For some reasons "turbo" tournaments today @ Powerfest were deepstacks. 7 min blinds + smooth structures ~ 20 min blinds.

Its not a smooth structure my dear.

Lvl 10 is 1,75k/3,5k which is the regular structure.
The smooth structure would be 1,05k/2,1k.

So this 7min are in smooth terms ~4,1Min.
If it would be smooth 7min level it would not be 20min but more like 12min regular Blindlevel.

This exact Game ended aufter 5h 7min which is clearly on Party a turbo-MTT.

Not sure why you would post such misleading informations here.
schmette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 PM   #2438
Rihard4a
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 24
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
Why has so much of the MTT schedule now been changed to 200K starting stacks?!

As if there weren't enough negative comments about the 100K SS's as it was, PP decide to go ahead and double them for the majority of the schedule, resulting in 100K SS MTT's now becoming the minority.

No other poker sites I play on have starting stacks anywhere near close to 100K, let alone 200K and the stack sizes when deep in a large field MTT are getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

What's next...500K?

I just don't understand the need for it or what the reasoning could be behind these decisions...

A while ago I felt like the PP schedule was improving and heading in the right direction...now I feel like a lot of that improvement is being undone and the direction has been lost.

I was playing most of my volume on PP a few months ago and now find myself playing more and more elsewhere...says it all really.
Wait till the Millions Online come in...
Rihard4a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM   #2439
jambo227
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 311
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
Why has so much of the MTT schedule now been changed to 200K starting stacks?!

As if there weren't enough negative comments about the 100K SS's as it was, PP decide to go ahead and double them for the majority of the schedule, resulting in 100K SS MTT's now becoming the minority.

No other poker sites I play on have starting stacks anywhere near close to 100K, let alone 200K and the stack sizes when deep in a large field MTT are getting a bit ridiculous IMO.

What's next...500K?

I just don't understand the need for it or what the reasoning could be behind these decisions...

A while ago I felt like the PP schedule was improving and heading in the right direction...now I feel like a lot of that improvement is being undone and the direction has been lost.

I was playing most of my volume on PP a few months ago and now find myself playing more and more elsewhere...says it all really.
lol this is now completely ridiculous, why increase stacks even further? Would genuinely like an explanation from pads/collete why they are doing this? It is utterly pointless, party are looking like a team of amateurs with this nonsense.
jambo227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:22 PM   #2440
MangeTaSueur
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 141
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo227 View Post
It is utterly pointless, party are looking like a team of amateurs with this nonsense.
Have you just found out today ? lol
MangeTaSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM   #2441
CorrectSide
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 169
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Why this software fold hands before time to act runs out??? Just got my flopped set folded...
CorrectSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:25 PM   #2442
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,675
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Yes pretty sure a couple of hands the other day i was clearly within the time and got folded. Seems like a 2 second difference or something.
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:28 AM   #2443
wemax
newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 45
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

What happened to the 530 1m gtd this sunday? Why is it gtd half that much in the client? Dont change guarantees during seies depending on traffic, its highly unethical
wemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:39 AM   #2444
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,973
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wemax View Post
What happened to the 530 1m gtd this sunday? Why is it gtd half that much in the client? Dont change guarantees during seies depending on traffic, its highly unethical
Unfortunately, our final week's GTEs were based on us running alongside the final week of WCOOP and rather than cancel the 3rd week we decided to run the full schedule with a relatively small amount of amended tournaments, the above being one such tournament
Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Thanks

Colette
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:02 AM   #2445
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,973
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Piddle View Post
Yes pretty sure a couple of hands the other day i was clearly within the time and got folded. Seems like a 2 second difference or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrectSide View Post
Why this software fold hands before time to act runs out??? Just got my flopped set folded...
I am unaware of any issues with the time bank
I can, of course, look into it
Would you by chance have any further details to share - hand ID etc?
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:06 AM   #2446
FarseerFinland
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,556
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_Rep View Post
Unfortunately, our final week's GTEs were based on us running alongside the final week of WCOOP and rather than cancel the 3rd week we decided to run the full schedule with a relatively small amount of amended tournaments, the above being one such tournament
Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Thanks

Colette
Are overall guaranteeds still at least $60M as marketed everywhere?



Interesting that you are still relying so much over PokerStars so you can't even handle one week of Series without them. I thought it should be easier to handle without too much competition (up to 5 series running simultaneously last two weeks) but I guess I was wrong.

Adding lots of satellites and last minute promos as it was well know for many weeks that Stars is just running 2 weeks of WCOOP should've been way to go instead of lowering promised guaranteeds. Or at least lower guaranteeds before Series started.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:30 AM   #2447
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,973
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarseerFinland View Post
Are overall guaranteeds still at least $60M as marketed everywhere?



Interesting that you are still relying so much over PokerStars so you can't even handle one week of Series without them. I thought it should be easier to handle without too much competition (up to 5 series running simultaneously last two weeks) but I guess I was wrong.

Adding lots of satellites and last minute promos as it was well know for many weeks that Stars is just running 2 weeks of WCOOP should've been way to go instead of lowering promised guaranteeds. Or at least lower guaranteeds before Series started.

Hi Farseer,

I offered as honest an answer as I could
We have offered multiple promotions throughout Powerfest for our players and our MILLIONS Online promos increase regularly

For example -the MILLIONS Online rake race starting today >
https://www.partypoker.com/millions-...rake-race.html

I understand fully the change is disappointing, however, I believe we can agree a decreased guarantee is better than a cancelled event
Please do accept my apologies for the inconvenience

Thanks

Colette
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online