Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2018, 05:36 PM   #1926
Gooner933
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 146
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Very disappointing to see Party continues to reward account-sharers who play 24/7 with its Millions Leaderboard promo every week. It should be so obvious something dodgy is going on when the same players dont log off for an entire week and play every mtt!!! (I'm talking about low leaderboard but assume same thing happening at mid/high stakes).
If Party is incapable of catching cheats then so be it, but isit too much to ask that they stop rewarding them aswell ...

People have been complaining about this for a while and great leaderboard alternative solutions have been suggested yet nothing is done and the problem persists ...
Gooner933 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:14 AM   #1927
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,777
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=Re8uZ;53954835]

SO IT ALMOST ONE WEEK THAT THIS HAPPEN AND I CONTACT PARTY REP LOOKING FOR FAIR SOLUTION BUT WE DINT COME TO AGREEMENT WHAT IS FAIR IN THIS SITUATION
I AM POSTING HERE CHAT THAT I HAD WITH PARTY HOST
QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
I think he has a reasonable case and support was nice about it... but the fact is Party doesn't mention this aspect of chops ahead of time... it's obvious that the complainant expected the bounties to be excluded and Party failed to notify him ahead of time. I think he is right and why shouldn't he voice his concerns.

This reminds me of a Stars HU SCOOP event where 2 players agreed to sit out the first 45 minutes so one could watch a boxing match. After 20 minutes the MTT ended and the guy with 20 more chips won the match due to Stars' software ending the tourney as they do in freerolls if 2 people at the same table are didn't play it... logical reason of course by Stars but they never considered that 2 players would sit out in a real money tourney and in the end agreed to pay the player compensation due to them not notifying the players in advance.

Party should fix this aspect of their chopping policy and award the complaining party compensation and treat it as a cheap lesson.
@Re8uz - as stated via PM I have discussed this with both our tech and poker teams
There will be no bounty prize compensation - the function worked as it should - bounties are excluded from such deals and the bounty amount returned to the player

However, I do agree the system needs a clear message to our users - this is being looked into and we will endeavour to improve how the deal-making functionality for bounties is conveyed to the players
We will also look to update the T&Cs to ensure the deal-making logic message is clear to all

Expectations that our systems function similar to our competitors should not be made - the systems work as expected for our games

Due to the confusion and upset, I am happy to offer a small goodwill gesture in the form of a tournament ticket - however - this is not bounty compensation nor will the full amount you requested be offered

I will send a PM requesting your decision on the acceptance of my goodwill offer and closure of the issue

Kind regards,

Colette
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:11 AM   #1928
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,005
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

@alexo & u shove i call
My attitude woudnt be like it is if this thing that is obv party mistake woudnt happend in first place, and host didnt try to spin my issue to something else
Any way if u read whole chat u will see that i said sorry to Nicolete and told her that i know that she dont have authorization to give compensation and ask here to contact supervisor and tell him my issue


@Colette i read your PM and send you PM also, but posting here just for the record
Imo the issue i have is CLEARLY PARTY MISTAKE and i dont want to sound arrogant but i dont want/need mercy or good will gestures ...
i want party to men up, recognise the mistake(leak) take responsibility for it and give fair compensation to me and as Sect7g said you should treat this as cheap leasson ( that was reason why stars become what they are => great and quick support and admitting/ giving compensations for theirs mistakes)
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:20 AM   #1929
fragglerock45
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 141
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooner933 View Post
Very disappointing to see Party continues to reward account-sharers who play 24/7 with its Millions Leaderboard promo every week. It should be so obvious something dodgy is going on when the same players dont log off for an entire week and play every mtt!!! (I'm talking about low leaderboard but assume same thing happening at mid/high stakes).
If Party is incapable of catching cheats then so be it, but isit too much to ask that they stop rewarding them aswell ...

People have been complaining about this for a while and great leaderboard alternative solutions have been suggested yet nothing is done and the problem persists ...
Scarier thing is most of the leaderboard is actually legit... these guys are genuinely grinding 18+ hours a day for the week. Cap the top prize at $500 imo and eliminate the incentive to run a team (since you would be risking 5k ticket for a 2k month).

Had suspicions about born2die since the graph on partypoker wasn't great but he's on pocketfives and has unlocked sharkscope - and is a good winner on other sites.
fragglerock45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:01 AM   #1930
xLAGERTHAx
centurion
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 188
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8uZ View Post
@alexo & u shove i call
My attitude woudnt be like it is if this thing that is obv party mistake woudnt happend in first place, and host didnt try to spin my issue to something else
Any way if u read whole chat u will see that i said sorry to Nicolete and told her that i know that she dont have authorization to give compensation and ask here to contact supervisor and tell him my issue


@Colette i read your PM and send you PM also, but posting here just for the record
Imo the issue i have is CLEARLY PARTY MISTAKE and i dont want to sound arrogant but i dont want/need mercy or good will gestures ...
i want party to men up, recognise the mistake(leak) take responsibility for it and give fair compensation to me and as Sect7g said you should treat this as cheap leasson ( that was reason why stars become what they are => great and quick support and admitting/ giving compensations for theirs mistakes)
I've read your previous posts regarding this issue and think you've raised a fair point in regards to the bounty aspect of the PKO deals that needs to be rectified, one way or another. Reading Colette's comments, it seems that is indeed going to be the case moving forward.

In regards to the compensation you are seeking, I personally think your going a bit overboard in regards to your expectations and sense of entitlement based on what happened. Do you really expect PP to pay you the equivalent of your opponents bounty or close to it?

Yes, you could've played on and won your opponents bounty (on top of your own) had you known how things worked ahead of time but, you also could've played on and lost resulting in you not only not getting your opponents bounty but, also losing your own that you did get as part of the deal.

What i'm trying to say is that I personally don't feel like you've been as hard done by as what your making it out to be. You may rate yourself and believe you would've won heads-up had you played on (and i'm not saying you wouldn't have) but, it's poker - anything can happen at a flip of a card and there's no guarantees.

I think you should take the token gesture Colette has been kind enough to offer and leave it at that, as I don't believe your being out of pocket is a fact under the circumstances.
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:30 AM   #1931
Soepgroente
Pooh-Bah
 
Soepgroente's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,043
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8uZ View Post
@alexo & u shove i call
My attitude woudnt be like it is if this thing that is obv party mistake woudnt happend in first place, and host didnt try to spin my issue to something else
Come on dude, be calm, non-demanding and leave emotion out of it. Make your points eloquently and present them well and you will be respected instead of being that annoying person people at a company are contractually obligated to deal with but would ignore 100% of the time if given the chance.

I'm not even necessarily saying you're wrong btw, it's just that it gets lost in your tirade.
Soepgroente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 06:36 AM   #1932
UPAY4DINNER
Pooh-Bah
 
UPAY4DINNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,439
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

The only mistake made here is that you presumed something to be case without making sure that it was in fact correct.

Just because something is done one way at one poker site does not mean that it is unilateral and happens across the board.

I understand your frustration etc, I don't particularly like the way you've gone about it like many others.

Why not put this down to experience, let party catch up and make adjustments and get on with life. The constant whinging and whining is not going to get you anywhere but annoy other posters.

Accept the goodwill gesture (that they didn't have to give you!) and move on!
UPAY4DINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:05 AM   #1933
-UBetIFold-
grinder
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 407
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I guess this is farseer's 2nd account?
-UBetIFold- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:52 AM   #1934
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,005
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Re8uZ View Post
@alexo & u shove i call
My attitude woudnt be like it is if this thing that is obv party mistake woudnt happend in first place, and host didnt try to spin my issue to something else
Any way if u read whole chat u will see that i said sorry to Nicolete and told her that i know that she dont have authorization to give compensation and ask here to contact supervisor and tell him my issue


@Colette i read your PM and send you PM also, but posting here just for the record
Imo the issue i have is CLEARLY PARTY MISTAKE and i dont want to sound arrogant but i dont want/need mercy or good will gestures ...
i want party to men up, recognise the mistake(leak) take responsibility for it and give fair compensation to me and as Sect7g said you should treat this as cheap leasson ( that was reason why stars become what they are => great and quick support and admitting/ giving compensations for theirs mistakes)
UPDATE
we renegotiate and did find agreement with Colette and i am satisfied/okish with compensation i got (little less from what i was asking, little more from the "good will gesture" party were offering)
tx Colette

P.S. One more thing to make all good imo is: party need to ASAP put notice/warning text in deal popout so everyone will be aware that when they agree to deal in pkos mtt will end every one will win their own bounty
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #1935
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,005
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

.

Last edited by Re8uZ; 06-20-2018 at 10:06 AM.
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:03 AM   #1936
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,005
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soepgroente View Post
Come on dude, be calm, non-demanding and leave emotion out of it. Make your points eloquently and present them well and you will be respected instead of being that annoying person people at a company are contractually obligated to deal with but would ignore 100% of the time if given the chance.

I'm not even necessarily saying you're wrong btw, it's just that it gets lost in your tirade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPAY4DINNER View Post
The only mistake made here is that you presumed something to be case without making sure that it was in fact correct.

Just because something is done one way at one poker site does not mean that it is unilateral and happens across the board.

I understand your frustration etc, I don't particularly like the way you've gone about it like many others.

Why not put this down to experience, let party catch up and make adjustments and get on with life. The constant whinging and whining is not going to get you anywhere but annoy other posters.

Accept the goodwill gesture (that they didn't have to give you!) and move on!
i understand how it looks in your eyes but be aware that eng is not my first language and some things might sound more rude that i want to say it

i never said that party deal popout (way the do deals) in pkos should be same as for ex. stars and i am ok with choping pkos too
I am arguing that there was nowhere notice/warning that that will happen and i was not aware of that, if i knew it (that when we agree to chop prize pool we somehow also agree to each other win their own pko) i would not agree to make a deal.. that was the whole issue and imo that is party responsibilty => to make players aware and make it clear what kind of deal they are making
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:05 PM   #1937
freedom 35
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 66
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexo View Post
props to nikoleta for being so nice and calm , your attitude is so annoying and over-entitled that even if you're right, things won't go your way
Exactly this. Whether your right or not your just making it harder on yourself to fully convey your issue.

Linking Sharkscope stats of your opponent just confuses things more. You claim your issue is that you were misled by the deal making process then make it all about your lost EV. No one doubts you would go to this trouble if you didn't truly feel that you were the better player.
freedom 35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 10:23 PM   #1938
Colin_Piddle
The Colonial
 
Colin_Piddle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: AlwaysFolding is my gimmick
Posts: 7,108
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Pretty common knowledge that on party once you make a deal the mtt ends.

I'm very surprised that a reg/ semi reg, posting regularly on here would not know this.

But yes rec players needed to be informed.
Colin_Piddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 02:34 AM   #1939
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,685
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I'm glad you got some compensation and kudos to party for offering it... not every site would. So props to them. The most important thing is that they learn from this and update their message board system as this issue could easily happen again.
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 AM   #1940
florianger
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 115
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

hi,

i like to see the new satellites to 22,- 55,- etc. (it s now for a while but i allways Forget to say- here now some positiv Feedback )
florianger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #1941
ThePokerBot
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,601
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Party i am REALLY loving the schedule

I particularity like the Freeze outs at 30 minutes past the hour

I would love to see more of these smaller-field, non re-entry games that are lacking everywhere else these days.

Maybe we could have two of them every hour (during peak times at least) so at 8.15 for example you would have a $11 Power Turbo and then at 8.45 you would have like a $5 Power PKO
ThePokerBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 12:02 PM   #1942
Re8uZ
adept
 
Re8uZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,005
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_Piddle View Post
Pretty common knowledge that on party once you make a deal the mtt ends.

I'm very surprised that a reg/ semi reg, posting regularly on here would not know this.

But yes rec players needed to be informed.
i never chop (had reasons to chop => stack distribution/too many players left/perceived skills/ liitle money diffrence to play for etc) in daily mtts so i dint know that
Re8uZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:04 AM   #1943
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 4,777
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

ALL - I have set up a special centroll for our community members on Sunday 24th June awarding pp live $$$ tickets....

0.01c buy in
$1000 pp live $$$ tickets GTD prizepool
20:00CET
Password: FORUM2+2

To find the event in the lobby go to:
Live Events > pplive$$$ > Two Plus Two Forum members centroll

Registration is open NOW!
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:46 AM   #1944
the_bridler
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,489
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Your sunday schedule use to be better when you had games like kick offs and warmups.Now its identical to the daily schedule but with boosted gtds.Does there need to be deepstack at both 2pm and 4pm?4pm should be warmup with same structure as the daily major.
Your sunday majors having smaller gtds than bounty builders which makes no sense.Not so major.You have enough players to be building slowly towards ur own sunday mill and mini mill, which is probably still the main reason recs log onto to stars on sunday, to try qualify and play these 2 tournaments but now their payouts are so bad you can easily steal these customers.

You have several buy in levels for each slot but you should be smarter on at least sunday, and set the sunday major to 215/55/11 or 215/22 so you can actually work on building a true main event for the week that everyone strives to play and with less buy in levels for this slot these games are gonna grow quicker.
the_bridler is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ę 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online