Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2018, 04:51 PM   #2501
Alexo
adept
 
Alexo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1,195
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I also preferred 100bb starting stacks.
Alexo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:04 PM   #2502
xLAGERTHAx
journeyman
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 327
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_Rep View Post
Regarding the feedback offered above, I have collated all info and shared with the poker team for review and consideration

To note, I am happy to confirm we have supersized our regular Power series schedule - boosting our guarantees across multiple events and offering even more action at prime time (5pm -8pm UK) following player feedback

Our new Big Bounty Hunters offer great action with massive guarantees daily, enhanced structures and no rake bounties!
Buy-ins start from just $0.22 .> $530
Check out the new guarantees in the image below

Good luck at the tables!

So, PP have "supersized the schedule", "boosting GTD'S" and are "offering even more action"'...

I say that from where i'm sitting, that simply isn't a fair representation of what PP has actually done.

What I see that PP has actually done is remove a number of games, along with various buy-in levels from the schedule and added the money from those to the games that now remain.

Take the bounty builders for example: Instead of offering 'x' amount of games at various buy-in levels and with reasonable GTD'S for each, PP have simply reduced 'x' and condensed all the games/GTD's on offer, resulting in giving the false impression that the games we now see are massive, when in fact they are just a combination of games reduced to make a few big ones.

If PP are offering even more action now as stated, then why is it that I have even less to play now than I did before these changes?!

Once again we are back to having big jumps between buy-in levels and if PP's idea of offering more action is by way of removing various buy-in levels and therefore reducing the options available for players at various bankroll levels...then all I can do is shake my head and laugh.

You maybe happy to confirm the above announcement as stated Colette (I know your just doing your job and aren't actually the person behind making these decisions) but, for the record, i'm not happy with it and i'm the one who actually plays on the site or should I say 'played' on the site. I say that because there's so little for me to play now or that I wan't to play now (PP have now removed my main buy-in level and i'm not a fan of 200k starting stacks or having to play for multiple hours just to make a couple of $) that, PP will now be seeing less of my money/rake and other poker sites will be seeing more of it.

Sad, considering I moved to PP at the end of last year with the intention of PP becoming my main poker site of choice. I saw positive changes being made and the site heading in the right direction. Now I see a lot of that early good work being undone and view PP as having lost it's way when it comes to the MTT side of things (which is the main reason for my being on the site). Speaking with a number of other players, i'm not the only one who feels this way...
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 07:17 PM   #2503
xLAGERTHAx
journeyman
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 327
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bridler View Post
I dont believe any changes are based on player feedback
We'll the changes aren't being made based on any feedback in these threads - put it that way.

PP are for the most part doing the opposite to what the majority are saying here, hence why some players are now starting to say that posting feedback is becoming pointless...
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:35 PM   #2504
Sect7G
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calling a spade a spade
Posts: 10,771
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
We'll the changes aren't being made based on any feedback in these threads - put it that way.

PP are for the most part doing the opposite to what the majority are saying here, hence why some players are now starting to say that posting feedback is becoming pointless...
I think I mentioned this over a year ago or whenever Patrick took over. PP isn't looking for a discussion. They have their minds and direction firmly made up... until that idea fails... say a week, sometimes 2, and then they make up their minds again. After enough mud throwing hoping some will stick they end up reaching from the same spot they did a year ago but have forgotten that the idea failed then and there's even less reason that it will succeed now.

Until the top brass push this group aside, nothing meaningful is going to come. What makes things worse is that Party have used up some good will over the past year by trying players patience and they've burned through a pile of money that shareholders might not want duplicated. So in the end Party might end up with the situation they were in 3 years ago.

As a player I can't begin to say how disappointed I am with the outcome. With the marketing spend and brand recognition that Party has they could already have surpassed Pokerstars for "real poker" over the past year but instead have made only moderate headway which is now faltering. The player pickups they've managed to acquire have little loyalty to the brand and will dump ship at the first moment that their interests are not served.

Example- ask Farseer if he'd play on Party without the leaderboards? The answer is a fast no I'm sure and by catering to this player type they will have no customers once the rug gets pulled.

I have no doubt that once competent management comes to play that things will get better but some damage will take longer to fix then the simple things... like a realistic MTT schedule designed to cater for a balanced player pool along with a RB system that will be more profitable for 95% of the players (and the site).
Sect7G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #2505
MangeTaSueur
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 163
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post

As a player I can't begin to say how disappointed I am with the outcome. With the marketing spend and brand recognition that Party has they could already have surpassed Pokerstars for "real poker" over the past year but instead have made only moderate headway which is now faltering. The player pickups they've managed to acquire have little loyalty to the brand and will dump ship at the first moment that their interests are not served.


I have no doubt that once competent management comes to play that things will get better but some damage will take longer to fix then the simple things... like a realistic MTT schedule designed to cater for a balanced player pool along with a RB system that will be more profitable for 95% of the players (and the site).

The players playing long (3 years or more) on PP are the most pissed off and disappointed i guess.... New are comers are very versatile and looking at he product now, they aren t going to stick long......

Leonard should be hanged by the balls for incompetency and constant fake promises. As he mentioned if failling he should clean cars on DTD parking instead of sticking around

The buy ins / amount of MTT per hour / is now equal to 2016.... with worse structures..... Thanks a lot guys
MangeTaSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:49 PM   #2506
FarseerFinland
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,590
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post

Example- ask Farseer if he'd play on Party without the leaderboards? The answer is a fast no I'm sure and by catering to this player type they will have no customers once the rug gets pulled.
Exact current schedule - no. But as I told earlier, I would anytime take 2015 schedule with no leaderboards >>> current schedule with leaderboards.

Haven't been playing many leaderboards this year anyways, current schedule is too costly (would need not a small 6-figs bankroll to do it completely on my own) and too demanding (you need to start session around 2 pm afternoon and end it around 7 am). After studies start zero chance in hell I will be able to play that. Current leaderboard is effectively added rakeback to most hardcore HS regs who are able to fire lots of bullets @ 530+ events, unfortunately I am not (in terms of bankroll) one of them.

I did play a lot @ Party already before leaderboards, but currently there's 0 playable tournaments. Back in the days we had lots of rebuys, PLO8 tournaments, good satellites and tournaments which didn't start with 200bb and required that you play them from a start (PKOs).

There's been occasional nice additions to schedule during 2 years. None of the additions lasted more than few weeks max.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:55 PM   #2507
xLAGERTHAx
journeyman
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 327
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

LOL @ 1.4 billion chips being in play in an MTT currently running, thanks to 200K starting stacks being implemented.

IMO, ridiculous numbers to have to play with and gives of an amateurish impression similar to that of a play money site...
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:43 AM   #2508
MangeTaSueur
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 163
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

BTW you don t fool anybody by saying GTD s are up Vs the past. Only certain times of the day they stay higher right now...

Example :
141178011 Featherweight: The Jab II - $2.5K Gtd (PartyPoker)
$5+$0.5
NL Hold'em Multi Entry.
Entrants:343
Date:07/28/2017
Start was 0:00 CET


If you look at tomorrow 0:00 CET or one hour before
GTD is 1K or 2.5K for the bounty

So where is the improvement ???
MangeTaSueur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:45 AM   #2509
mement_mori
formerly youcanhaveitall
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,758
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sect7G View Post
I think I mentioned this over a year ago or whenever Patrick took over. PP isn't looking for a discussion. They have their minds and direction firmly made up... until that idea fails... say a week, sometimes 2, and then they make up their minds again. After enough mud throwing hoping some will stick they end up reaching from the same spot they did a year ago but have forgotten that the idea failed then and there's even less reason that it will succeed now.

Until the top brass push this group aside, nothing meaningful is going to come. What makes things worse is that Party have used up some good will over the past year by trying players patience and they've burned through a pile of money that shareholders might not want duplicated. So in the end Party might end up with the situation they were in 3 years ago.

As a player I can't begin to say how disappointed I am with the outcome. With the marketing spend and brand recognition that Party has they could already have surpassed Pokerstars for "real poker" over the past year but instead have made only moderate headway which is now faltering. The player pickups they've managed to acquire have little loyalty to the brand and will dump ship at the first moment that their interests are not served.

Example- ask Farseer if he'd play on Party without the leaderboards? The answer is a fast no I'm sure and by catering to this player type they will have no customers once the rug gets pulled.

I have no doubt that once competent management comes to play that things will get better but some damage will take longer to fix then the simple things... like a realistic MTT schedule designed to cater for a balanced player pool along with a RB system that will be more profitable for 95% of the players (and the site).
Been on holiday for a week and come back to find the schedule completely changed again, amazing how often this seems to happen.

I agree with the whole post and I think the bolded part sums up Party's entire attitude. I have said it before but Party are so lucky that Stars made so many unpopular moves that people desperately wants to stay loyal to them. There is a time where people would not have stood up for all the botting/leaderboard collusion/association with staking groups but because of the climate most people (including myself) are much more willing to overlook it. The schedule flips every two weeks and every time it's claimed that it's based on player feedback which for obvious reason is disingenuous unless majority feedback magically changes at all times. I wish Party did what MPN is doing in their thread and posted a list of updates to the schedule every time they occur, would be amazing to see how many things have been changed around (with little to no success) since this threads inception.

Also I didn't play in it but absolutely disgusting how the guarantee was reduced for the series event, especially the nonchalant attitude that the alternative would have been to cancel it. Reminds me of when re-entry was added to the 5k main AFTER people have already satellited in to avoid overlay. How about doing the right thing and honor the guarantee, why was that not an option? I don't usually really want to point to specific ambassadors because it's mostly not productive but this seems to sum up Party's attitude perfectly. Misdirection and flawed logic, a world where reducing the guarantee of a series tournament is the same as reducing the guarantee of a daily that hasn't been announced. Or where raising the guarantees on tournaments you know will over perform somehow justifies



I know it fall on deaf ears at this point but just so disappointed with the site after it had so much promise. I don't think you will ever learn that people would rather have a trustworthy site with smaller prize pools than one with a completely unsustainable schedule and guarantees that either rely on affiliations with stables, outright welching on your promises and slipping in extra re-entries every time you want to make sure you hit a guarantee.

Last edited by mement_mori; 09-25-2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: also 200k stacks are listed in lobbies under stack sizes but 100k stacks are not. Make up your mind.
mement_mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:19 AM   #2510
tiltyoubad
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 85
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLAGERTHAx View Post
LOL @ 1.4 billion chips being in play in an MTT currently running, thanks to 200K starting stacks being implemented.

IMO, ridiculous numbers to have to play with and gives of an amateurish impression similar to that of a play money site...
Now just imagine having a 500k starting stack, it will be so beautiful..
tiltyoubad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:24 AM   #2511
tiltyoubad
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 85
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bridler View Post
I dont believe any changes are based on player feedback
The changes ARE based on players feedback, they see what people want and then they do the exact opposite cause they are the fkn boss and can do whatever they want
tiltyoubad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:54 AM   #2512
Mountino
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 28
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I dont like your last Tournament Schedule Change. I am playing on Party since 1 Month and you have changed Your Schedule 3 or 4 Times.
Bring Back Re-Entry on the Bounty Events. Bring Back 100k Starting Stack for some Events.
Why have you removed the Kickoff? Very good Tournament with $22 and $55 (for me and lower), reentry possible - great Tournament
200k Stacks are not worth Playing from the Beginning without reentry. I am now starting every Tournament one hour later. I love winamax because You Know what You get. You can log in and know what Tournaments to Play. These changes every weak, Tournaments and GTDs are very bad in the Long Run. I am not a recreational. But I have been one, and I would be very pissed If I come home early from work Ready to Play the Kickoff / and now ist not there anymore. Deep Struktures at Primetime are nice to Play but If you have to get up early for work - you cant Play them. You dont have any Turbo Tournament between 19:30 and 21:30 (at Primetime)
Mountino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 11:25 AM   #2513
AKJMoscow
enthusiast
 
AKJMoscow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.k
Posts: 50
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by party_Rep View Post
Regarding the feedback offered above, I have collated all info and shared with the poker team for review and consideration

To note, I am happy to confirm we have supersized our regular Power series schedule - boosting our guarantees across multiple events and offering even more action at prime time (5pm -8pm UK) following player feedback

Our new Big Bounty Hunters offer great action with massive guarantees daily, enhanced structures and no rake bounties!
Buy-ins start from just $0.22 .> $530
Check out the new guarantees in the image below

Good luck at the tables!

So now that $22 $50k gtd has changed to 6pm and $33 buy in?
AKJMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 04:44 PM   #2514
KingBustYou
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deskville
Posts: 293
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Really unhappy w the new schedule.

Ok, there finally is a decent gtd bounty mtt, but that's it. What about a decent FO?

Basically the new schedule just cut my party volume by 60-80%. And it already was only <20% of my total volume.

You're just making it hard for us to support the site when it basically was a homerun w Amaya chasing players away right into your arms.
KingBustYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:12 PM   #2515
Bocmanis
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Latvia
Posts: 328
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Some proposals/comments on micro/low stakes:

1.) $1.1 $300 kick-off event at 4pm CET is not very attractive. It is very hard to digest $300 gtd at early peak hours; $300 gtd is competitive against your rivals (888 has $1 $500 turbo goldfish at 4pm). Please offer $1.5 $750gtd/1k instead (for micro fish there are no difference between $1.1 and $1.5 buy-ins). Also $7.5 3k-4k gtd kick-off would have been better than $5.5 2k.

2.) Please switch 9.30pm CET daily rebuys with 8.30pm CET hypers. Your 9.30pm rebuy has 7 minute lvl and it will probably run for 7 hours or more (until 4.30am at least) which is too much for small field micro/low tournaments. 9.30pm is better than 8.30pm for 6 max hypers because they require a lot of attention (at 9.30pm people will have less tables than at 8.30pm).

3.) Your $11 6max bounty hunter at 9pm CET paid 17% from main prize pool to first. Slightly larger regular 8max tourney paid 17,8% to first. I am wondering whether there are some configuration mistake in tournament settings (your 6max tourney payouts seem to be flatter than 8max).
Bocmanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 09:55 PM   #2516
the_bridler
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,517
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

sunday schedule

1pm mix max
2pm 6 max
3pm 6 max
4pm mix max
7pm mix max
8pm 6 max

Who ever is in charge of this schedule is stealing a living, disgrace
the_bridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:24 AM   #2517
awpi
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 31
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bridler View Post
sunday schedule

1pm mix max
2pm 6 max
3pm 6 max
4pm mix max
7pm mix max
8pm 6 max

Who ever is in charge of this schedule is stealing a living, disgrace
after this post chances are very high that after the next schedule update the 5pm and 6pm slots will be also 6-max and mix-max.
awpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 09:59 AM   #2518
mement_mori
formerly youcanhaveitall
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 9,758
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bridler View Post
sunday schedule

1pm mix max
2pm 6 max
3pm 6 max
4pm mix max
7pm mix max
8pm 6 max

Who ever is in charge of this schedule is stealing a living, disgrace
I think a big part of the problem is that they insist on having tiers for every tournament so what might work for a small pool of HS players trickles down and ruins all the other different stake levels. I still don't understand who these mix max tournaments are for, I really like playing 6-max tournaments but don't think it's particularly fun that a tournament redraws and switches format in the middle.
mement_mori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 03:35 AM   #2519
UPAY4DINNER
Pooh-Bah
 
UPAY4DINNER's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Ireland
Posts: 4,570
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

I don't reg 6-max MTTS as a rule, have tried a few of the Mix Max just out of curiosity but I don't really like them.

My 2 cents worth.
UPAY4DINNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:15 AM   #2520
digforplenty
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Went to play small 'morning' session on party today and realissed they missing 8am slot tournaments, pls fix this. NO BH NO 6-max just normal 8-max re-entry

edit: I found out that they are trying new structured tournament and i think i just missed LR for 8am. Bizzare as i could still LR the 7ams at 9am

Last edited by digforplenty; 09-27-2018 at 04:31 AM.
digforplenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:20 AM   #2521
digforplenty
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 87
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

also pls stop making games under $10 PKO's
digforplenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 04:31 AM   #2522
florianger
journeyman
 
florianger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: intothewild
Posts: 229
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

i tried beginn of the week 1 bountyhunter...got a ticket for it.
200k starting stack...1,1 buy in....25cent bountys....GREAT...lol! sarcasm!
this games should start with 2,2 or 3,3 buy in! and no 200k Chips...100k is ok-50k would be good. (funny how i accept for my self the 100 k starting stacks now...a year ago i never thougt i would ask for 100k starting stacks...)

200k starting stacks- no thank you! i dont Play the last days and will continue not playing partypoker anymore with this structures and bad tournaments!
florianger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:02 AM   #2523
xLAGERTHAx
journeyman
 
xLAGERTHAx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 327
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by florianger View Post
200k starting stacks- no thank you! i dont Play the last days and will continue not playing partypoker anymore with this structures and bad tournaments!
Your not the only one...

The most recent changes (in particular - 200K starting stacks for the majority of MTT's, the removal of various buy-in levels - resulting in big jumps between buy-ins again and the majority of MTT's now being mix-max/deep) has resulted in my also having hardly played on PP over the last few days.

I have no intention of playing much on PP from here on in either, especially whilst these most recent changes are in effect and the schedule remains as it currently is. There's simply hardly anything left for me to want to play now.

PP have now gone back on a lot of the various good (and successful) changes they previously implemented based on player feedback (the extra buy-in levels being one example) and as far as i'm concerned, I now view PP as having undone a lot of the previous good work they had done to improve the MTT schedule overall.

I'll probably play a few selected MTT's when a major series is on but, when it comes to playing the everyday schedule in it's current state - no thanks, i'll be playing the majority of my poker elsewhere.

If the aim of these changes was to lose players PP, then congrats - if the above 2 posts are anything to go by, it seems your succeeding...
xLAGERTHAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:31 AM   #2524
party_Rep
Party Poker Representative
 
party_Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Gibraltar
Posts: 5,041
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

All - I have noted all feedback above and shared with the management team fore review and consideration

Thanks

Colette
party_Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 07:42 AM   #2525
jambo227
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 322
Re: Official partypoker/bwin 2.0 MTT Discussion Thread

Colette you keep saying management team, do the management have the knowledge on how to create tournament schedules and structures? Why are managers doing this? Shouldn't there be just 1 dedicated person with experience working on online tournaments?

On other threads it seems to be the site rep is the one asking for suggestions and making the changes themselves, here you are giving feedback to what seems like a group of people? Not bashing you at all i just think it would be better if there was 1 person working on the schedule.
jambo227 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online