Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2017, 08:57 PM   #3851
The Moo
veteran
 
The Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 2,196
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Please add more tournys at ALL levels asap its very much needed that is all thx
The Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:59 AM   #3852
chasepoker
old hand
 
chasepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,597
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Can you tell us which hotel the wsop Europe package winners are staying as I have been back and forth with support who inform me to just check in at kings but that I won't be staying there but at one of their partner hotels. If is some distance from where the tournament is being held it would be nice to plan for it. Thanks.
chasepoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:48 AM   #3853
daChimp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
daChimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mom's basement
Posts: 6,902
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasepoker View Post
Can you tell us which hotel the wsop Europe package winners are staying as I have been back and forth with support who inform me to just check in at kings but that I won't be staying there but at one of their partner hotels. If is some distance from where the tournament is being held it would be nice to plan for it. Thanks.
Its not as bad as it sounds. They essentially have several rooms in little Rozvadov. And worse case scenario, you will be just across the border in Germany and KINGS will run a shuttle to get you. But plan ahead for the shuttle as it be picking up lots of others.... rental car would be best regardless.
daChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 05:05 PM   #3854
chasepoker
old hand
 
chasepoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,597
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by daChimp View Post
Its not as bad as it sounds. They essentially have several rooms in little Rozvadov. And worse case scenario, you will be just across the border in Germany and KINGS will run a shuttle to get you. But plan ahead for the shuttle as it be picking up lots of others.... rental car would be best regardless.
Yeah fair enough but it would be nice to know either way so i can plan for it.
chasepoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 07:36 AM   #3855
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,946
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasepoker View Post
Yeah fair enough but it would be nice to know either way so i can plan for it.
This is the reply I received to your query:

The qualifiers will be allocated a hotel at the check in at the Casino. Unfortunately we don’t know exactly which hotel they will allocate to which member.

Please see below their FAQ with regards to the hotel:

“I booked a hotel room. Where do I check in?

If you ordered a hotel room at King’s Casino please come to the casino reception first. Your key will be ready there. Don’t go to the hotel directly.”

The member can also contact directly Kings Casino and they will provide him all the info:

Phone: +420 374 616 050
Email:hotel@pokerroomkings.com
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:56 AM   #3856
LooseBoi
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 56
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

why are you killing the rebuys??? change the format back to 3k starting 6k add on
LooseBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:50 AM   #3857
jambo227
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseBoi View Post
why are you killing the rebuys??? change the format back to 3k starting 6k add on
I was for 3k - 6k stacks in rebuys before they put them in, but now i actually think its better to have 2k - 5k because it creates more action and more rebuys which is healthier for the format
jambo227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #3858
LooseBoi
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 56
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

the prizepools have absolutely died now though
LooseBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #3859
jambo227
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 174
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

i think the whole schedule needs changed now honestly
jambo227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:00 PM   #3860
Fanta Pomelo
centurion
 
Fanta Pomelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 186
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Everytime I open your client, It has to update, happening since yesterday.

Heard more people had the same problem.
Fanta Pomelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 03:52 PM   #3861
FaraChef
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Am i insane or the 55 xl snap had no timebank???
FaraChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:35 PM   #3862
FaraChef
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Wow,there was indeed no time bank all the way through!I guess who needs time bank at a final table, not like there's going to be any tough decisions to be made, right?
The standards poker sites are setting recently are getting lower and lower with every passing minute.
FaraChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:59 AM   #3863
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,946
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanta Pomelo View Post
Everytime I open your client, It has to update, happening since yesterday.

Heard more people had the same problem.
Wrong thread but if you send me your username Ill have support contact you to get more info and have it investigated
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:14 AM   #3864
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,946
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaraChef View Post
Wow,there was indeed no time bank all the way through!I guess who needs time bank at a final table, not like there's going to be any tough decisions to be made, right?
The standards poker sites are setting recently are getting lower and lower with every passing minute.
There was a timebank. You can still see it in the tournament lobby. Click tournament info and on the rightmost column next to the structure you can see the timebank and its refresh rate.
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 07:02 AM   #3865
nutlol
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 42
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Played one of your 8,88$ tournaments yesterday.
Around 550 players and play time was 8,5 hours...is it just me or is this a little bit too long for a relatively small tournament?


For how long you play these really big tournaments? 24 hours?
nutlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 08:46 AM   #3866
FaraChef
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 375
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Rep View Post
There was a timebank. You can still see it in the tournament lobby. Click tournament info and on the rightmost column next to the structure you can see the time bank and its refresh rate.
I know that,the tourney was clearly advertised as having timebank,but i had none.i asked in chat and someone else confirmed that there indeed was no time bank.Anyone else who played this tourney and can confirm this?
FaraChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:14 PM   #3867
FarseerFinland
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Helsinki, Finland
Posts: 1,163
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutlol View Post
Played one of your 8,88$ tournaments yesterday.
Around 550 players and play time was 8,5 hours...is it just me or is this a little bit too long for a relatively small tournament?


For how long you play these really big tournaments? 24 hours?
+1. Most larger non-turbo tournaments are far too long so I don't simply play them. Late registration helps, but if major tournaments starts like 9 pm EET, late reg closes at 1 AM and tournament finishes around 6 AM or even later I am simply not going to play them.

Shorter levels at least for start and remove some useless levels too. At later stage of tournament it's okay to get a bit longer levels like 8 min / 10 min / 12 min.

Last edited by FarseerFinland; 09-12-2017 at 04:19 PM.
FarseerFinland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 04:45 PM   #3868
the_bridler
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,340
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Just make sure u dont reg the $8 or $5 deepstacks, they average around 10 hours with less than 500 runners and around $500 first.Just too damn deep to consider playing.
the_bridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 03:53 AM   #3869
CorrectSide
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 50
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Rep View Post
Creating Sunday editions for tournaments is a manual procedure so we mostly focus on larger GTD tournaments. A few weeks ago we removed a couple of levels from the later stages of challenges + Tornado + Hurricane after receiving complaints that they were too long. We chose only these tournaments to start in order to see how players would react to this change. As with any structural change, there will always be mixed feelings.
Maybe I am blind or this 'feedback' don't come from 2+2. Majority of poeople are literally begging for better structures e.g. Party, PS threads. I really don't get why weekly majors can' have decent structure like on other sites.
You removed some random levels which lead to worse structure then your daily freeze-outs. What a fun to play with five 15Bigs players on your left. So much fun and game-play. Maybe there is a reason that DeepStack Swordfish is so popular despite early starting time.
Obviously I am not saying we should make every tournament super deep 10 hours+ marathon, I am just saying that at least non-turbo weekly majors should get decent structures.
And people who complain about 5$ DeepStack playing too long and with 1st place getting over 100 buy-ins can't be taken seriously.

hint: Play bigger buy-ins if you think that 500$ for 5$ is bad.
CorrectSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #3870
the_bridler
veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,340
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

hint - hourly

You call 10 hours a marathon yourself, so why should any non major take so long with such a small field.

The mini marathon on stars has double starting stack, 5k players and 5x first prize and takes 12 hours vs 888 $5 deep 500 player 5 first taking 10 hours.
the_bridler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:49 AM   #3871
LooseBoi
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 56
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

5k starting stack but 3k re entry in the 5 dollar turbo deep at 11:30.... can i have my money back...
LooseBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:26 AM   #3872
888Rep
Official 888Poker Representative
 
888Rep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,946
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooseBoi View Post
5k starting stack but 3k re entry in the 5 dollar turbo deep at 11:30.... can i have my money back...
Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Although the information was available in the lobby, this was a configuration mistake. We have fixed it for future reference.
888Rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 09:58 AM   #3873
CorrectSide
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 50
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bridler View Post
hint - hourly

You call 10 hours a marathon yourself, so why should any non major take so long with such a small field.

The mini marathon on stars has double starting stack, 5k players and 5x first prize and takes 12 hours vs 888 $5 deep 500 player 5 first taking 10 hours.
You are probably right. I wasn't talking about this tourney specifically, maybe 12min levels would be better for this one.
Just don't skip important blind levels e.g. Challenges etc. Don't go from 600/1200 to 800/1600 to 1000/2000...
Smoother level jumps with shorter intervals are imo better then huge level jumps with larger intervals.
CorrectSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #3874
Aguskb
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Aguskb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: ggnorm
Posts: 12,192
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

lol this series is so dumb
Aguskb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 04:48 PM   #3875
TuDyTheAce
newbie
 
TuDyTheAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 24
Re: ****Official 888 2015 MTT Discussion Thread****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguskb View Post
lol this series is so dumb
Absolutely fail, 0 imagination, its not appealing at all
TuDyTheAce is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online