Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

MTT Community MTT sweat and official threads as well as various contests and events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #51
gobbo
Trust the fat man.
 
gobbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Eating Vegas.
Posts: 15,485
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

The league is also quite young, I think we should stay away.
gobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:29 AM   #52
keyanaut
grinder
 
keyanaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 439
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Think they would have refunded him if he lost?
keyanaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #53
ASPoker8
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ASPoker8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 22,825
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

-making up the rules as they go along
-misleading players
-questionable, shady, unfair decision-making

who would have thunk it?!!?

Spoiler:
ASPoker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #54
Daut44
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,213
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASPoker8 View Post
-making up the rules as they go along
-misleading players
-questionable, shady, unfair decision-making

who would have thunk it?!!?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Daut44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:23 AM   #55
pageh656
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
pageh656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Meet me at the club
Posts: 9,990
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

wow she looks terrible even with makeup
pageh656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:32 AM   #56
sonnyalbo
old hand
 
sonnyalbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: brooklyn
Posts: 1,731
U deserve $.25 bullets for not explaining to the masses what the Mexico joke is about
sonnyalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:35 AM   #57
TT_fold
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,497
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyalbo View Post
U deserve $.25 bullets for not explaining to the masses what the Mexico joke is about
CompleteDonk is young-looking and Michael DiVita likes little boys

Personally, I don't see the appeal of CD, but to each his own

Last edited by TT_fold; 09-09-2011 at 02:56 AM.
TT_fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 AM   #58
pageh656
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
pageh656's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Meet me at the club
Posts: 9,990
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT_fold View Post
CompleteDonk is young-looking and Michael DiVita likes little boys

Personally, I don't see the appeal, but to each his own
that's an interesting stance on pedophilia
pageh656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:50 AM   #59
TT_fold
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,497
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by pageh656 View Post
that's an interesting stance on pedophilia
I was referring to CD
TT_fold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:24 AM   #60
CompleteDonk
banned
 
CompleteDonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 9,787
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

oh
CompleteDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:55 AM   #61
Bonified
Pooh-Bah
 
Bonified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Live by the sword, Die IAGF
Posts: 3,556
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Terry View Post
DiVita was told he could withdraw but if he didn't he would be suspended and not be able to play the Main Event. So his "withdrawal" can hardly be considered voluntary.
So Annie Duke's statement turns out to be disingenuous spin. Colour me even less surprised.
Bonified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 07:09 AM   #62
BC62
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,081
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbo View Post
The league is also quite young, I think we should stay away.
needs

worked out well for him avoiding the publicity
BC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #63
sonnyalbo
old hand
 
sonnyalbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: brooklyn
Posts: 1,731
Lol
sonnyalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:44 AM   #64
caseycjc
banned
 
caseycjc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Staking on HSC
Posts: 4,728
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

The bigger picture here is what happens to anyone that's been convicted of anything in the past. I have no use for a friggin child molester (and from what I can see he was convicted otherwise he wouldn't be on a sexual predator page) but what if you got busted with some coke or tax fraud or a B&E as a young adult and got your life back together? Do you have to worry about getting your seat taken because of this?
caseycjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:06 PM   #65
parkert
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Team Uncle
Posts: 2,404
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

i hope annie duke perishes
parkert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #66
Todd Terry
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 16,301
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseycjc View Post
The bigger picture here is what happens to anyone that's been convicted of anything in the past. I have no use for a friggin child molester (and from what I can see he was convicted otherwise he wouldn't be on a sexual predator page) but what if you got busted with some coke or tax fraud or a B&E as a young adult and got your life back together? Do you have to worry about getting your seat taken because of this?
A convicted felon won the first Epic event and there are other league members who are convicted felons, so no, you probably don't have to worry.
Todd Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 02:37 PM   #67
Muztard
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Palm Springs
Posts: 236
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

So who gets to make the rules?
The sister of the guy who ran off with 150million of our $?
I cant believe people are even playing in this league.
**** the overlay, keep your dignity and the respect of others who have been put in absolutely horrendous situations because of "these people"

Last edited by Muztard; 09-09-2011 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Annie Duke and her gay brother can suck it easy
Muztard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:13 PM   #68
randyd501
banned
 
randyd501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami/Las vegas
Posts: 341
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBum View Post
I cant believe all the replies in this thread. The guy is a ****ing child molester, not once but twice. Until someone shows paper proving it was an almost legal girl lying or providing false info about her age to him, **** him. Comparing his charges to any other crime is retarded. $0.25 bullet for people like him is all they deserve.
+1 this thread makes me sick and says a lot to values of some of the Poker Players to waste their valuable time defending a known child molester Michael J DiVita. Epic doesn't owe him crap it is a Private League and they have a conduct committee that can ban anyone they want at anytime for their conduct. If you think a child molester is good for their brand then keep defending the child molester Michael J DiVita. Imagine him at Final Table aired on CBS!
Maybe I am off base and it could be apples and oranges, but Michael Vick was running Dog Fights while in the NFL. Once he was discovered the NFL,a Private League, their conduct committee banned him.

Yes Michael J Divita served his time in jail but lets not forget he was arrested again in 2008 for molestation again. The fact that charges that were dropped because the underage victim wouldn't testify doesn't release him from public scorn and treating him like a leper.
randyd501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM   #69
gettym
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
gettym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: here in my garage
Posts: 11,010
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyd501 View Post
+1 this thread makes me sick and says a lot to values of some of the Poker Players to waste their valuable time defending a known child molester Michael J DiVita. Epic doesn't owe him crap it is a Private League and they have a conduct committee that can ban anyone they want at anytime for their conduct. If you think a child molester is good for their brand then keep defending the child molester Michael J DiVita. Imagine him at Final Table aired on CBS!
Maybe I am off base and it could be apples and oranges, but Michael Vick was running Dog Fights while in the NFL. Once he was discovered the NFL,a Private League, their conduct committee banned him.

Yes Michael J Divita served his time in jail but lets not forget he was arrested again in 2008 for molestation again. The fact that charges that were dropped because the underage victim wouldn't testify doesn't release him from public scorn and treating him like a leper.

comparing the epic poker league to the nfl is pretty lol sir
gettym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #70
imurvariance
old hand
 
imurvariance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The whistles go whooo
Posts: 1,401
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyd501 View Post
+1 this thread makes me sick and says a lot to values of some of the Poker Players to waste their valuable time defending a known child molester Michael J DiVita.
It doesn't matter if this guy used to club baby seals every morning and use their intestines to strangle starving african children for ****s sake. He deserves the money for the seat he won. If the EPL wants to keep him from playing the event it's understandable, but reverse freerolling him and giving him the buyin back is a complete joke. This thread says nothing about the morality of poker players in general but it does make it pretty easy to spot the people who seriously lack logic and reasoning abilities.
imurvariance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:45 PM   #71
randyd501
banned
 
randyd501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami/Las vegas
Posts: 341
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

If you want to take the time to read Michael J DiVita the pedophile cases in 1991-1993 and 2008-2010 see below

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64406645/scan-13

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64407440/Michael-J-DiVita
randyd501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:47 PM   #72
randyd501
banned
 
randyd501's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Miami/Las vegas
Posts: 341
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by imurvariance View Post
It doesn't matter if this guy used to club baby seals every morning and use their intestines to strangle starving african children for ****s sake. He deserves the money for the seat he won. If the EPL wants to keep him from playing the event it's understandable, but reverse freerolling him and giving him the buyin back is a complete joke. This thread says nothing about the morality of poker players in general but it does make it pretty easy to spot the people who seriously lack logic and reasoning abilities.
Very true
randyd501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:50 PM   #73
dav-m
banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 53
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

epic league is epic
dav-m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM   #74
hoodskier
Pooh-Bah
 
hoodskier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Snow please!
Posts: 5,143
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyd501 View Post
If you want to take the time to read Michael J DiVita the pedophile cases in 1991-1993 and 2008-2010 see below

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64406645/scan-13

http://www.scribd.com/doc/64407440/Michael-J-DiVita
2nd link 3rd page, part of his probation condition:

Quote:
18) ADDED TERM: NOT POSSESS ANY SEXUALLY EXPLICIT MATERIAL
I'm all for punishing these sick people but come on, really? He goes back to jail if they find a Playboy in his car or home, that seems ridiculous.

Also don't understand how these people get away with serving 3-4 years in prison, lock them up for 20+ FFS.
hoodskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 04:01 PM   #75
BC62
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,081
Re: Epic Poker League's treatment of Michael Di Vita

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodskier View Post
2nd link 3rd page, part of his probation condition:



I'm all for punishing these sick people but come on, really? He goes back to jail if they find a Playboy in his car or home, that seems ridiculous.

Also don't understand how these people get away with serving 3-4 years in prison, lock them up for 20+ FFS.
this lol

confused priorities ftw
BC62 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online