Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #151
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,101
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Here is the link to where numbers LIES DIRECTLY about it being his first game as a defense for his actions.

Now what?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2205
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #152
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Holy hell I totally forgot about the Dr. Seuss issue.

Can someone who has direct knowledge of that situation please PM me.
gtpitch is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #153
Larry Legend
Celtic Pride
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kyrie's earth
Posts: 42,918
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic View Post
Oh well if he was a wolf then its one thing

I was under the impression he did it in a villa role.
even if he did it doesnt matter, godfather, etc. it is part of the game to ITA people when you can, even if it is a terrible shot to 99% of the thread.
Larry Legend is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #154
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 82,535
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayz View Post
both are equally terrible, who cares
lolno

saying "he conceded as a wolf at f21 and then the game made it down to f5 before the last wolf conceded due to villa angleshooting" is very, very different from the impression you conveyed
Gadarene is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #155
Henrik Sedin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Henrik Sedin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: assisting your goals
Posts: 17,915
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
woah wtf

ITA'ing a clear villa as a wolf and outing yourself is in no way shape or form a type of angleshoot. that is 100% allowed and part of the game.
iirc he had a good role, and the team clearly didn't want him to do that tho

just working off of my vague recollections here...
Henrik Sedin is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:32 AM   #156
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
woah wtf

ITA'ing a clear villa as a wolf and outing yourself is in no way shape or form a type of angleshoot. that is 100% allowed and part of the game.
This.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #157
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Banana View Post
I'm not really a defender. I'd likely agree with everyone who is enraged bar dkgo, and I wouldn't cry if he got perma'd. But I think he does not need to appear to defend himself and it wouldn't serve any purpose. Most of us could write his posts for him because we all know he doesn't get it. I kind of like what chips says: give him a chance to get it. Chips is more tolerant because he's looking at something for the long term; I'm less so because I'm saying it's a suspended perma not a pass.

So next case mets?
why are you mentioning me here?
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #158
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,101
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
Here is the link to where numbers LIES DIRECTLY about it being his first game as a defense for his actions.

Now what?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=2205
HE LIED IN THE POST GAME TO AVOID PUNISHMENT BC HE KNEW AS MAGIC HED BE IN TROUBLE.

He flat out says this is his "FIRST FAME ON HERE".

PERMA BAN
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #159
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 82,535
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
I thought the first was determined to not be true? (allegedly)
yup

people are piling on and bullying itt because they have an easy target

in my opinion
Gadarene is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #160
iversonian
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iversonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Donkversonian
Posts: 21,212
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

lol at thinking magic reforms into a perfectly respectable pogger in time.

he makes a gimmick, and in his first game, he causes an incident. is it not clear that this is inherent to his nature? how many games has he played on pog? like a couple dozen?

bottom line: i do not enjoy playing with magic. very few people do. please don't inflict him on us. at some point, we, the respectable citizens of pog, should have the right to associate with whom we will.
iversonian is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #161
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
woah wtf

ITA'ing a clear villa as a wolf and outing yourself is in no way shape or form a type of angleshoot. that is 100% allowed and part of the game.
And then taking extra shots at people after using the ita limit and posting "**** it this isn't fun anymore"
dkgojackets is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:33 AM   #162
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield View Post
he snap voted final 3 of MLP3

self voted pokemon and sort of spewed himself villager with that thread starting
These aren't violations of anything afaict. Just not optimal play.
vixticator is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #163
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
These aren't violations of anything afaict. Just not optimal play.
ya not violations. just annoying.
VarianceMinefield is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #164
soah
Unexpected
 
soah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 61,628
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
I'm gonna be pretty honest here, if I got back from work tomorrow to a community I moderately enjoy playing some games with sometimes and found that I was on "WW Trial" in a thread full of character assassinations, I'd probably react a bit heatedly.

I fully expect a heated reaction.

I also expect him to explain that he used the numbers-guy account because he felt magic_gazz was too tainted and wanted a fresh start. Which is his prerogative. Mets' ranting aside, unouted gimmicks are allowed as of right now. To say you're new at one point (because remember, this is a fresh start), and to say you're not new when asked again, is essentially outing yourself. Once you say you're not new, you're immediately pressured to out your previous or other accounts. If you're trying to effect a fresh start, that completely defeats the purpose.
I don't care about him posting on a gimmick account. I care about him ****ing up a game on a gimmick account and getting away with no punishment because no one knew that it was someone with a bad history. And then when he promptly ****s up a game on his other account he gets a slap on the wrist because no one knew it was actually the second game in a row that he'd ****ed up.
soah is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #165
VoraciousReader
self-banned
 
VoraciousReader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Final Frontier
Posts: 33,119
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
I'm gonna be pretty honest here, if I got back from work tomorrow to a community I moderately enjoy playing some games with sometimes and found that I was on "WW Trial" in a thread full of character assassinations, I'd probably react a bit heatedly.

I fully expect a heated reaction.

I also expect him to explain that he used the numbers-guy account because he felt magic_gazz was too tainted and wanted a fresh start. Which is his prerogative. Mets' ranting aside, unouted gimmicks are allowed as of right now. To say you're new at one point (because remember, this is a fresh start), and to say you're not new when asked again, is essentially outing yourself. Once you say you're not new, you're immediately pressured to out your previous or other accounts. If you're trying to effect a fresh start, that completely defeats the purpose.

And I can respect the desire for a fresh start. But you then can NOT wreck a game and ise the "new" excuse. To me that is the most upsetting part. Sometimes IRL stuff will harm a game. It is inevitable. But be straight about it in the postgame.
VoraciousReader is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #166
Larry Legend
Celtic Pride
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kyrie's earth
Posts: 42,918
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik Sedin View Post
iirc he had a good role, and the team clearly didn't want him to do that tho

just working off of my vague recollections here...
yes it is a douchebag move, but more than once i have been getting heat in a mishmash and rather than risk getting lynched and having nothing good happen ill snipe a cleared villa in ita's.
Larry Legend is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:34 AM   #167
iversonian
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iversonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Donkversonian
Posts: 21,212
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
I'm gonna be pretty honest here, if I got back from work tomorrow to a community I moderately enjoy playing some games with sometimes and found that I was on "WW Trial" in a thread full of character assassinations, I'd probably react a bit heatedly.

I fully expect a heated reaction.

I also expect him to explain that he used the numbers-guy account because he felt magic_gazz was too tainted and wanted a fresh start. Which is his prerogative. Mets' ranting aside, unouted gimmicks are allowed as of right now. To say you're new at one point (because remember, this is a fresh start), and to say you're not new when asked again, is essentially outing yourself. Once you say you're not new, you're immediately pressured to out your previous or other accounts. If you're trying to effect a fresh start, that completely defeats the purpose.
eh, i'll give you that, wrt why one might start a gimmick account.
iversonian is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #168
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene View Post
yup

people are piling on and bullying itt because they have an easy target

in my opinion
and i think you are taking the counter opinion without knowing many of the facts
VarianceMinefield is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #169
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
I'm gonna be pretty honest here, if I got back from work tomorrow to a community I moderately enjoy playing some games with sometimes and found that I was on "WW Trial" in a thread full of character assassinations, I'd probably react a bit heatedly.

I fully expect a heated reaction.

I also expect him to explain that he used the numbers-guy account because he felt magic_gazz was too tainted and wanted a fresh start. Which is his prerogative. Mets' ranting aside, unouted gimmicks are allowed as of right now. To say you're new at one point (because remember, this is a fresh start), and to say you're not new when asked again, is essentially outing yourself. Once you say you're not new, you're immediately pressured to out your previous or other accounts. If you're trying to effect a fresh start, that completely defeats the purpose.
it is legal and i sent pms to wellnamed explaining how immoral a situation was going to be when somebody actually does this

i agree its legal. i still think lying and saying you are new is worth a temp ban or probation

but i hope that a hard rule comes into effect about it
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #170
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
woah wtf

ITA'ing a clear villa as a wolf and outing yourself is in no way shape or form a type of angleshoot. that is 100% allowed and part of the game.
Lynch mob gonna lynch
vixticator is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:35 AM   #171
Systolic
banned
 
Systolic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Atlanta Falcons Frontrunner
Posts: 21,002
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Legend View Post
even if he did it doesnt matter, godfather, etc. it is part of the game to ITA people when you can, even if it is a terrible shot to 99% of the thread.
Well it was presented like he did it in order to disrupt the game

If not, then its whatevs
Systolic is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:37 AM   #172
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
HE LIED IN THE POST GAME TO AVOID PUNISHMENT BC HE KNEW AS MAGIC HED BE IN TROUBLE.

He flat out says this is his "FIRST FAME ON HERE".

PERMA BAN
FIRST FAME ON HERE!!!!!!!!!

i agree it's unfortunately not against the rules

as lame as it is
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #173
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
HE LIED IN THE POST GAME TO AVOID PUNISHMENT BC HE KNEW AS MAGIC HED BE IN TROUBLE.

He flat out says this is his "FIRST FAME ON HERE".

PERMA BAN
That isn't even close to perma ban worthy, you just hate him.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:38 AM   #174
Monkey Banana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Monkey Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bananaids
Posts: 40,105
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Jenn, he's kind of backed into a corner if he's using a gimmick to get a break from his meta. Of course he's going to lie about it.
Monkey Banana is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #175
Felix the Cat
TWEAK!
 
Felix the Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 17,754
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Are gimmicks required to out themselves in the postgame now?
Felix the Cat is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive