Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #51
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,104
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Thank you gtpitch

Thank you well named

Thank you Soah

Thank you to everyone else involved in this investigation for justice.

LOLLLLLL FELIX
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 AM   #52
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic View Post
POG has been lenient on me about my wrongdoings, so I think he deserves a chance to straighten up his act.
.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #53
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,104
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Hes also playing a ww game under a gimmick right now while his main account is banned from ww for fouls.

PERMABAN THIS FOOL

AND TELL HIM WHO SENT YOU

XNERDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #54
Monkey Banana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Monkey Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bananaids
Posts: 40,105
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Since everyone else ignored the game mods only thing, I will too.

My view is that it's pointless issuing a temporary ban because Gazz has shown no willingness or ability to reflect on the things he does or try to understand why they upset others. So I think it's perma or some other action.

I favour some other action. It's not a huge amount of fun playing with Gazz, and it must suck to be on a wolf team that he screws over, but the same is true of several others in this forum. I also believe in second, third or however many chances if I think it's true that someone is just a dick and not actually motivated by ill will.

I realise that I will be in a minority and Gazz will probably get permabanned. I won't shed a tear over him but I would like to see him put on probation instead. Six months. He plays on one and only one account. ANY angleshooting, ANY enormous dickery, ANY failing to try for his team, he's gone. Judgement to be made by the mod of the game he's in. So basically I'm saying, he has six months in which any mod can have him permabanned but if he passes that six months without being a huge dick again, he becomes a member in good standing. We're mostly people of goodwill, so people will not be trying to get him banned, and we can and have forgiven others before.
Monkey Banana is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #55
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian View Post
um, he's currently serving a temp ww ban?
I don't see that in the sticky anywhere unless I'm missing something. His most recent ban just says ends July 3
gtpitch is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #56
iversonian
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iversonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Donkversonian
Posts: 21,212
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

wait, my bad. his suspension ended july 3.

wow, time flies quickly.
iversonian is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #57
Nofear3838
Now 20% Cooler
 
Nofear3838's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Playing Touhou
Posts: 35,134
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systolic View Post
POG has been lenient on me about my wrongdoings, so I think he deserves a chance to straighten up his act.
He's been given multiple chances.

There was the Dr. Seuss angleshoot that broke the game
There was the WSoWW game
There was the recent Burn Notice thing
etc
Nofear3838 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #58
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

and again

this is why unouted gimmicks should not be allowed
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #59
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 82,535
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixticator View Post
What did he do lately? I must've missed something.
this

can one of you people who are gloating over this and calling for his permaban actually explain the situation?

What did magic do as 742617000027? Details?
Gadarene is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #60
Felix the Cat
TWEAK!
 
Felix the Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 17,754
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian View Post
i'm actually ok with non-outed gimmicks--there are a lot of legit reasons one might do it--but i feel like discussion previous ww experience should be treated as pre-game meta. gotta tell the truth there. otherwise, you're using the gimmick as a way of giving yourself an edge in the game.
Eh, you gain an edge, you lose an edge, that's not the issue imo. It's been pretty well established that you can play on a gimmick if you'd like.* Game mods can also bar gimmicks from playing.

I think the question is: what is a gimmick obliged to reveal, to whom, and when?

*obviously not if you'd like to circumvent a ban, that's a no-no
Felix the Cat is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 AM   #61
VoraciousReader
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VoraciousReader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Final Frontier
Posts: 33,140
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Speaking as the mod of the game that magic gazz just open quit in the thread as a wolf, I will say that he did NOT out the rest of the team, which would have absolutely wrecked the game.

So there is that. I am disappointed that he didn't learn anything after that game.
VoraciousReader is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #62
filthyvermin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
filthyvermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wherever thers a cop beatinup a guy
Posts: 54,491
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
At this time, I don't want to hear from other participants in games about these players, just game mods to get an impartial opinion.
lol
filthyvermin is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #63
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,104
Crossnerd Celebration Thread of Great Justice

Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #64
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Games magic has played:


DragonballZ
WORLD SERIES OF WEREWolves™ - GAME 1.A
13er Vanilla
Burn Notice
Detective Conan
Dr. Seuss
Euro-Friendly
Exams
Final Fantasy IX
Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Harry Potter 4: The Battle for Pogwarts
Lolhumans
Metric
My Little Pony III
Pokemon
Poker
Post Restriction
Post-Restriction
Psychiatric
Puppies
Revenge of the Supermodels
Sangamans Tecmo Superbowl Slowgame
Santa's Workshop
SnG
South Park
The Lion King (PoR)
Viking Village 2

how many has he ruined?
Krayz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 AM   #65
Felix the Cat
TWEAK!
 
Felix the Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 17,754
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
Thank you gtpitch

Thank you well named

Thank you Soah

Thank you to everyone else involved in this investigation for justice.

LOLLLLLL FELIX
yes, now it's just become a circlejerk of "we don't like this guy, lynch him irl!"

so good for everyone involved
Felix the Cat is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #66
dkgojackets
DKGOAT
 
dkgojackets's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 86,128
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Wasnt xnerd bleeding all over the pub claiming it was systolic?
dkgojackets is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #67
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene View Post
this

can one of you people who are gloating over this and calling for his permaban actually explain the situation?

What did magic do as 742617000027? Details?
Didn't post like at all for 2 days straight at F7 and F5 and had to get mod killed because subbing him out would of lock cleared him, kind of broke the game, got errbody mad, you know the deal.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #68
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix the Cat View Post
yes, now it's just become a circlejerk of "we don't like this guy, lynch him irl!"

so good for everyone involved
what do you think should happen to magic
VarianceMinefield is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #69
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 82,535
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Banana View Post
Since everyone else ignored the game mods only thing, I will too.

My view is that it's pointless issuing a temporary ban because Gazz has shown no willingness or ability to reflect on the things he does or try to understand why they upset others. So I think it's perma or some other action.

I favour some other action. It's not a huge amount of fun playing with Gazz, and it must suck to be on a wolf team that he screws over, but the same is true of several others in this forum. I also believe in second, third or however many chances if I think it's true that someone is just a dick and not actually motivated by ill will.

I realise that I will be in a minority and Gazz will probably get permabanned. I won't shed a tear over him but I would like to see him put on probation instead. Six months. He plays on one and only one account. ANY angleshooting, ANY enormous dickery, ANY failing to try for his team, he's gone. Judgement to be made by the mod of the game he's in. So basically I'm saying, he has six months in which any mod can have him permabanned but if he passes that six months without being a huge dick again, he becomes a member in good standing. We're mostly people of goodwill, so people will not be trying to get him banned, and we can and have forgiven others before.
I favor this approach.

Him getting perma'd seems sort of disproportionate. Systo's point is a decent one, too. Systo/mets/McAvoy/etc. get n+1 chances, and magic gets perma'd? I don't know about that.
Gadarene is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 AM   #70
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

my need for blood is insatiable
Krayz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #71
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,104
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Great justice has been served here today.
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #72
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

I think CPHoya can likely provide the story for the numbers account but my understanding is that he didn't show at an f5 in a game and claimed to be a new player (wasn't) who didn't know it was a big deal.

He was given fouls in the world series aspect but not forum aspect. Magic has been a problem in several games but that is for game mods to elaborate.
gtpitch is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #73
Felix the Cat
TWEAK!
 
Felix the Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: :noitacoL
Posts: 17,754
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
Wasnt xnerd bleeding all over the pub claiming it was systolic?
shhhhh, don't mention that
Felix the Cat is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #74
filthyvermin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
filthyvermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wherever thers a cop beatinup a guy
Posts: 54,491
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

oh his ban ended july 3rd. who cares about FACTS!!!?? burn him!!
filthyvermin is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #75
Krayz
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Krayz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 47,277
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgojackets View Post
Wasnt xnerd bleeding all over the pub claiming it was systolic?
y don't you believe her that she knew it
Krayz is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive