Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #426
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsball8806 View Post
A little humility when you've already committed several awful errors that many people think you should be permabanned for might not be a terrible idea
if it's not genuine who cares

he'd just be saying sorry so everybody will stop bothering him about it for now, and then he'll piss everybody off in some other way at some point in the future.
TheDean1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:44 AM   #427
VoraciousReader
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VoraciousReader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Final Frontier
Posts: 33,140
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

WAIT WTF WE ALLOW GINGERS ON POG. HOW COME NOBODY TOLD ME ABOUT THIS. HAVE YOU PEOPLE NO SENSE OF COMMON DECENCY????
VoraciousReader is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #428
Alrighty Roo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Alrighty Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NONSTOPNIGHTCORE
Posts: 16,269
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain binkles View Post
(this may change as more people see my photo in the photo thread :P).
Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain binkles View Post
2) we should permaban Jim. Just because.
Never mind, you're good.
Alrighty Roo is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:45 AM   #429
captain binkles
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
captain binkles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 46,792
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

I consider myself more of a deep russet

it helps me sleep at night
captain binkles is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #430
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Supine, you have made it clear in the past that you are holding a grudge against me for my transgressions so why not just let it go?

Anytime there is a mention of me you feel the need to come in and comment about my personality. Why is that?

Also I didnt ask for a 5 page thread, it was already on page 4 before I got here.

There is an element of popularity involved, if you choose not to believe that then fine. If you ask me it mostly looks like Crossnerd and her merry men are the ones calling for my ban. There are a few others too but I think that most of the people posting here have come off looking pretty bad.
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:47 AM   #431
Supine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Supine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 16,122
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

The reason I'm advocating perma is he has been told numerous times of his mistakes and attitude by several posters. His answers and demeanors in postgames doesn't make me think he will ever change; why have a 1-month, 2-month etc ban and then let him destroy another game? Isn't it more +EV for pog as a whole just to give him the bucket? No one, not even SiU or Gad, will get very mad. Maybe a bit disappointed. In two weeks he will be forgotten.
Supine is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:48 AM   #432
bsball8806
bff with birdman
 
bsball8806's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: do you ever feel like a plastic bag
Posts: 46,724
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean1 View Post
if it's not genuine who cares

he'd just be saying sorry so everybody will stop bothering him about it for now, and then he'll piss everybody off in some other way at some point in the future.
Because this is a community, and even if it's not 100% genuine, the gesture means something.

There are many people here who have not even been able to apologize in a fake manner. It counts more than you might think.
bsball8806 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:50 AM   #433
Supine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Supine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 16,122
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
Supine, you have made it clear in the past that you are holding a grudge against me for my transgressions so why not just let it go?

Thing is I don't really. I don't care if you're an *******. I care about gabe integrity. It's not nice for the people putting hours into games to have it ruined, and allowing you to play increases that chance.


Quote:
There is an element of popularity involved, if you choose not to believe that then fine. If you ask me it mostly looks like Crossnerd and her merry men are the ones calling for my ban. There are a few others too but I think that most of the people posting here have come off looking pretty bad.
I don't know who are great friends or if there is a clique or whatever. I dont chat or pub. I know no one is friends with dkgojackets, and he want you banned too.
Supine is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:51 AM   #434
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
This basically. By allowing magic to play, you are increasing the chance the game gets broken by an absurd amount.
You guys are ignoring the fact that the only thing I did wrong on the gimmick was miss a game day. No one seems to give a **** that it was due to real life stuff.

Yes it broke the game and that was bad. I have appologised for that. The thing is lots of people miss game days, but its somehow worse when I do it?
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #435
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsball8806 View Post
Because this is a community, and even if it's not 100% genuine, the gesture means something.

There are many people here who have not even been able to apologize in a fake manner. It counts more than you might think.
meh, i guess there's something to be said for momentarily swallowing your pride for the sake of smoothing things over, but from my vantagepoint it looks just too forced and fake to be taken seriously.

the way i see it, magic doesn't feel that he's done anything wrong (and in this particular case it appears he may not have) and everybody is jumping on his dick for it.

otoh i don't know why the rest of POG actually values an apology since he seems to not even know what he did wrong and most certainly will not change going forward.

it's all just a stupid and pointless formality to me that would be skipped over in a perfect world.

eta- i know that he realizes that missing a game day is what he did wrong, but it's just so trivial given the gravity of the thread that i doubt that he actually feels regretful over it.
TheDean1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:54 AM   #436
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Thing is I don't really. I don't care if you're an *******. I care about gabe integrity. It's not nice for the people putting hours into games to have it ruined, and allowing you to play increases that chance.




I don't know who are great friends or if there is a clique or whatever. I dont chat or pub. I know no one is friends with dkgojackets, and he want you banned too.
Allowing me to play does not increase the chance a game will be ruined just because you keep saying it. All it does it make small minded people believe it is true.

dkgojackets wanted me banned but he didnt really look very good in any of his posts so I would hope his opinion doesnt count for much.
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:55 AM   #437
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
The reason I'm advocating perma is he has been told numerous times of his mistakes and attitude by several posters. His answers and demeanors in postgames doesn't make me think he will ever change; why have a 1-month, 2-month etc ban and then let him destroy another game? Isn't it more +EV for pog as a whole just to give him the bucket? No one, not even SiU or Gad, will get very mad. Maybe a bit disappointed. In two weeks he will be forgotten.
Someone wont be missed = no problem banning them.

Nice.
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #438
wahoopride
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
wahoopride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: slacking off light
Posts: 39,802
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

i thought magic should have been permabanned from ww games after Burn Notice but what he did as numbers guy doesn't appear to warrant any punishment unless he was posting as magic gazz while not present in that thread (and even then, it is arguably a minor infraction)
wahoopride is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #439
Supine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Supine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 16,122
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
Allowing me to play does not increase the chance a game will be ruined just because you keep saying it. All it does it make small minded people believe it is true.
Of course it does. You habitually break games. You are liable to give up as wolf. If you want to claim its due to your ignorance rather than your malice (I think you used to have that defence) then sure, but at some point, tolerance towards the ignorant runs out.

I

Quote:
dkgojackets wanted me banned but he didnt really look very good in any of his posts so I would hope his opinion doesnt count for much.
This is an interesting point from someone who thinks he is being villified because of his personality.
Supine is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #440
Alrighty Roo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Alrighty Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NONSTOPNIGHTCORE
Posts: 16,269
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Although he's far from a model player ultimately it seems that gazz's transgressions have been blown waaayyyyy out of proportion, maybe due to people originally thinking he had circumvented a ban. Ultimately, with the rules as they are, he didn't do that much wrong that he hasn't already been punished for. If you don't want players like gazz getting away with that sort of thing then I think you have to change the rules. There's just no precedent for a big ban out of nowhere like this.
Alrighty Roo is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 10:59 AM   #441
TheDean1
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
TheDean1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: DeanOnDraft.com
Posts: 35,900
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoopride View Post
i thought magic should have been permabanned from ww games after Burn Notice but what he did as numbers guy doesn't appear to warrant any punishment unless he was posting as magic gazz while not present in that thread (and even then, it is arguably a minor infraction)
yeah i agree with this

i mean i have nfi how magic plays but the crux of the issue seems to be that people thinks he sucks to play with, and are making a huge display over a non-issue because of it.

honestly i think the best solution is to just let mods blacklist whoever they want from their games. if you think magic is a swell fellow and has extreme WIM let him play, otherwise don't. i think it's pretty clear that POG is never going to successfully employ an efficient legal system.
TheDean1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #442
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoopride View Post
i thought magic should have been permabanned from ww games after Burn Notice but what he did as numbers guy doesn't appear to warrant any punishment unless he was posting as magic gazz while not present in that thread (and even then, it is arguably a minor infraction)
I think people throw permaban around too much. I guess every one has different levels of what they think is acceptable punishment.

One question though, do you think nofear should have been permabanned for saying in wolf chat that he didnt care and would just post ponies, then doing exactly that and getting lynched day 1?
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #443
Supine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Supine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 16,122
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
Someone wont be missed = no problem banning them.

Nice.
What I'm saying is, there is no reason to give you a smaller punishment since you aren't likely to change (IMO, of course). I just added that you won't be missed, unlike, say, someone awfully nice who also ****s up games. Of course that person doesn't really exist so it was probably a stupid point to make.
Supine is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #444
Supine
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Supine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Ultima Thule
Posts: 16,122
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

I don't really have more to add anyways. I really have nothing against you personally, I just think you are liable to destroy WW games and are showing no signs of changing that behaviour.

So I think you should be banned permanently from WW. I predict you will get something smaller and eventually destroy another game, after which there will be a lot of I-told-you-so and then a slightly longer but non-perma ban again.
Supine is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #445
Alrighty Roo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Alrighty Roo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: NONSTOPNIGHTCORE
Posts: 16,269
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Look guys, at the end of the day, he's magic so he ain't gotta explain ****.
Alrighty Roo is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #446
BirdieLongSocks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BirdieLongSocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In a fighting mood
Posts: 6,775
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_gazz View Post
Someone wont be missed = no problem banning them.

Nice.
well said

#teammagic
BirdieLongSocks is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #447
CalledDownLight
Toonces the Posting Bot
 
CalledDownLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: DUKE FOOTBALL<DUKE BASKETBALL
Posts: 88,404
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

not posting for one day in a game where posting everyday is required or will result in a sub should just result in a sub and maybe an infraction, but certainly no ban, forced modkill, or forced wolfkill. The reason for not posting shouldnt matter: dead sibling/parent, busy day at work, didn't feel like posting, whatever. All of these still have the same effect on the game, the player didn't participate, no matter how reasonable the explanation.

shooting outted villas as a wolf is a legit strat a lot of the time too.

gimmicks are also fine. I dont see any rule in any 2p2 forum saying you have to out them to mods or be honest about not being new if asked.

openly conceding isnt ok though. Thats the one play I had a real problem with and it should be punished. Even in games with locks due to seer peeks I still think its correct to fight and hope someone is afk and you can get a flip or something at f3. There is really never a situation where it is ok to give up unless its a wolf plot like in the game gabe cancelled when a few wolves acted like they were the last ones.
CalledDownLight is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #448
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
I don't really have more to add anyways. I really have nothing against you personally, I just think you are liable to destroy WW games and are showing no signs of changing that behaviour.

So I think you should be banned permanently from WW. I predict you will get something smaller and eventually destroy another game, after which there will be a lot of I-told-you-so and then a slightly longer but non-perma ban again.
It certainly feels like you do.

Anyway you have stated your opinion more than once, i still disagree and because its me we are talking about lets assume I know better than you do.
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #449
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrighty Roo View Post
Look guys, at the end of the day, he's magic so he ain't gotta explain ****.
UGH, please dont bring the ponies
magic_gazz is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #450
magic_gazz
banned
 
magic_gazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,788
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Deliberations

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalledDownLight View Post
not posting for one day in a game where posting everyday is required or will result in a sub should just result in a sub and maybe an infraction, but certainly no ban, forced modkill, or forced wolfkill. The reason for not posting shouldnt matter: dead sibling/parent, busy day at work, didn't feel like posting, whatever. All of these still have the same effect on the game, the player didn't participate, no matter how reasonable the explanation.

shooting outted villas as a wolf is a legit strat a lot of the time too.

gimmicks are also fine. I dont see any rule in any 2p2 forum saying you have to out them to mods or be honest about not being new if asked.

openly conceding isnt ok though. Thats the one play I had a real problem with and it should be punished. Even in games with locks due to seer peeks I still think its correct to fight and hope someone is afk and you can get a flip or something at f3. There is really never a situation where it is ok to give up unless its a wolf plot like in the game gabe cancelled when a few wolves acted like they were the last ones.
Basically most of this.

I shouldnt have conceded. I did get punished for that.

Can we move past it and try to be friends
magic_gazz is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive