Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2012, 01:19 AM   #326
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieLongSocks View Post
forever.

love the location and avatar !
Thanks I like your new avatar too br0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHalpert View Post
ok ok after reading more I have a

Ruling:
This is stupid and solves nothing as its deteriorated into NO YOU and rehashing the same things over and over.

Let him talk to the mods and let them make their own decision, you know, with a personal conversation instead of out in the open where people just pile on

If you run a game and worry about it being broken, dont let him enter. You're well within your right.

adjourned.
This seems completely fair and the best way to handle this.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:20 AM   #327
BirdieLongSocks
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
BirdieLongSocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: In a fighting mood
Posts: 6,775
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
I disagree,

Look at willi for example. He broke several games egregiously when he first started. People like him a lot now. Why? Because he was genuinely VERY SORRY, wanted to understand what he did wrong, wanted to improve, wanted to be part of the group.

Magic does none of that. He just tells everyone to piss off and now he's getting loner credit? He did that to himself. POG is an open friendly community, if the group as a whole doesnt like you, its prob your own damn fault.
Its actually his choice if he wants to be a loner or not, and if the fact that he is a loner even weighs in in the slightest then this trail is a joke.
BirdieLongSocks is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #328
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Personally think you just give him the 1-month WW ban in the infractions thread and tell him that if any future problems arise that's a perma, no discussion. That's where I'd go.
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #329
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHoya View Post
Also the timing of the thread opening late was exaggerrated slightly by SIU, with the latest morning being the morning where I had to figure out how to resolve the fact that several people had posted significantly over the repeatedly-posted posting limit.
Sorry, like I said it was all from memory, wasn't trying to make you look like the guy on trial here.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:21 AM   #330
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Ok off to bed.

Try not to go crazy while I'm gone please.

Feel free to let the thread die until magic logs in again.
gtpitch is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #331
vixticator
clutch
 
vixticator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Watch the throne
Posts: 117,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey Banana View Post
Yah, as I've already intimated, the only reason Gazz is on the block and not some of the much worse offenders in this forum is that he's not well liked. He's not well liked for reason, but there it is.
This is right
vixticator is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #332
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShipItUp View Post
Sorry, like I said it was all from memory, wasn't trying to make you look like the guy on trial here.
It's no worries, just trying to explain that the scene for that incident wasn't ideal to begin with. That mitigates.
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #333
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieLongSocks View Post
Its actually his choice if he wants to be a loner or not, and if the fact that he is a loner even weighs in in the slightest then this trail is a joke.
its not about him being a loner

its about him telling everyone to screw off and not caring that he ruined a game

him quitting burn notice is just crazy. not talking to his team

just deciding he doesnt want to bother. doesnt even consider subbing out

its just scummy
VarianceMinefield is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:22 AM   #334
Crossnerd
quite smart as well
 
Crossnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: This is my crime scene
Posts: 39,104
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieLongSocks View Post
Its actually his choice if he wants to be a loner or not, and if the fact that he is a loner even weighs in in the slightest then this trail is a joke.
Several people have claimed to take up his cause bc he has no defenders.

Thats not a good reason, and based on the above, you agree then?

He has no defenders for a reason and those backing him up bc of that are misguided, to say th least.
Crossnerd is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #335
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

I'm a little curious about who the much worse offenders are, because the one people like to drag through the mud still is Systo, and he's actually pretty great now and has been for a while. . .
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #336
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

ok

who is a worse offender? can somebody answer?
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #337
ShipItUp
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ShipItUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 40,201
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieLongSocks View Post
I dont know all the details.

I have played with magic more then once and had no prob with him.

The only reason i feel that he is targeted is that he isnt affiliated in any cool groups. He is an easy target,

The day this court goes after some high profilers i might get some respect for it, til then i´m in magic camp.
And I seriously 100% agree with this.
ShipItUp is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #338
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Also the Burn Notice thing sounds pretty lol, that alone is probably worth a 2-week.
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #339
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

i can think of 1 or 2 actually but ill keep quiet
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #340
VarianceMinefield
banned
 
VarianceMinefield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Eye Test Guy
Posts: 57,722
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

i was going to be mislynched the day magic gazz conceded

he couldve literally posted nothing that day and helped his team

instead he came in and posted the wolves should give up and it wasnt worth it to play
VarianceMinefield is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:24 AM   #341
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHoya View Post
Also the Burn Notice thing sounds pretty lol, that alone is probably worth a 2-week.
he got 2 weeks for it. it ended july 3rd
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #342
Larry Legend
Celtic Pride
 
Larry Legend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kyrie's earth
Posts: 42,919
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

I don't understand what a "cool group" is.

But I think you guys are forgetting that magic has proven to be a net negative to the games, and that is really not fun.
Larry Legend is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #343
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHoya View Post
Also the Burn Notice thing sounds pretty lol, that alone is probably worth a 2-week.
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsandfinsfan View Post
he got 2 weeks for it. it ended july 3rd
cphoya4mod
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #344
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

COME ON VAGINA'S .... SAY WHO IS A WORSE OFFENDER
metsandfinsfan is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:25 AM   #345
loosekanen
USA#1, Oh Yeah!
 
loosekanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: N/A
Posts: 27,524
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd View Post
I disagree,

Look at willi for example. He broke several games egregiously when he first started. People like him a lot now. Why? Because he was genuinely VERY SORRY, wanted to understand what he did wrong, wanted to improve, wanted to be part of the group.

Magic does none of that. He just tells everyone to piss off and now he's getting loner credit? He did that to himself. POG is an open friendly community, if the group as a whole doesnt like you, its prob your own damn fault.
i disagree with this pretty strongly. some of us just like to play fun games with other people who try, even if we're not very good at them.

there is a lot of group-exclusive behavior in this community and it can be daunting, even for a 2+2 vet from the outside. so while i get where you're coming from here, as someone from the outside looking in, i feel it to be pretty biased.

not to say i haven't chatted with some cool people. i just take issue with the whole "open group" thing.
loosekanen is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #346
VoraciousReader
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
VoraciousReader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: The Final Frontier
Posts: 33,139
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieLongSocks View Post
Its actually his choice if he wants to be a loner or not, and if the fact that he is a loner even weighs in in the slightest then this trail is a joke.
But you do see why people that have been injured by his behavior might not find "piss up a rope I do what I want" as inspiring confidence that won't just do the same sorts of things again?

Given how much I used to mod I have probably "wrecked" more games than anyone on the forum, but I hope the players affected know that I am sorry and I would not intentionally break a game.
VoraciousReader is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #347
CPHoya
Warden of Taipan Island
 
CPHoya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Explainocratic Party
Posts: 73,271
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

I'll back lk up on that fwiw

Anyway if we actually ban him that's gonna suck because of what LK said about POG survivor. Just WW-ban him for a while with a barrel of the gun warning. Either it works out one way or it works out the other. No mess.
CPHoya is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:27 AM   #348
insanity31
inanity
 
insanity31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 48,952
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

A+ thread


as for magic jizz...

Spoiler:
insanity31 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:30 AM   #349
Monkey Banana
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Monkey Banana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bananaids
Posts: 40,105
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsandfinsfan View Post
monkey's old account was permabanned and he's welcome in games now
and he posts much better

so permabans are stupid anyway.

if i were king, id give him 2 or 3 months
I have never been banned from POG or from 2p2*. I have told you this before but you keep on saying it. Would you become a better poster if we permabanned you?

Last edited by Monkey Banana; 07-12-2012 at 01:31 AM. Reason: *for longer than a day or two ;)
Monkey Banana is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:31 AM   #350
iversonian
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
iversonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Donkversonian
Posts: 21,212
Re: WW Court Version 1 - The Pretrial

rofl, why'd he put in the correct birthday????
iversonian is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive