Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins

12-27-2012 , 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metsandfinsfan
vixt

do you think im a villager?

if yes, then since you decided to start the game trolling with a fake tarp and now are rescinding your fakeness, can you stop trolling me?

if you think im a wolf, then vote me so at lease monte will be clear tomorrow:
I think you are one of the more likely villagers. Voting for Monte because caring that people vote for your peeks is weird. If you are seer and its close to eod then you should be concerned, in every other scenario you should not care because (a) as seer, as long as your peek isn't getting lynched, seeing who pushes/votes for them is useful, (b) as not the seer, you are breaking the game by holding your fake peek to a level that is unwarranted given you do not in fact know the players role. But yes at eod as the seer, you don't want your peek to be lynched. I'm right, you're wrong, moving on.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:22 AM
Mets you're also presupposing that people fake peek their strongest villa leans.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:22 AM
Never in my life have I seen someone get lynched because they have been fake peeked by someone, wtf are you even talking about.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:23 AM
i got annoyed because rightly or wrongly, i felt like hardcore was doiong it to spite me
and you Are doing it to troll me

but let's move on

and now chill is gonna say im frozen
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:24 AM
Mets no one is trolling you or spiting you. We're making reads that you disagree with.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:26 AM
no disagreeing is fine, vix voting him to troll me

i just reread hardcore again and i keep going back and forth but def dont want to vote him today

and i need sleep
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:28 AM
I am definitely voting him to troll you

Sucks that my vote is locked in too and I can never change it ever

Such is life
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoreUFO
thread flow is villagery for some reason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
in what way

i don't find it to be particularly villagery or wolfy

annie being micro-afk after firsting is slightly concerning, but i'm reaching
I find this to be a pretty wolfy response, and it's only 15 posts in. Basically, monte should be saying "lol hardcore" or "wat". He shouldn't be trying to break down something this ridiculous. It's totally unnatural.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:31 AM
I'm curious if vixt will vote me for being nitty.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:31 AM
tweedy
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:34 AM
tweedy
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:37 AM
policy lynch for not having seen the godfather never changing

ok now i am ghana watch homeland for real

i'm on episode 9
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:38 AM
seriously tho montecore

so far on my reread, I haven't found a decently villagery post yet...and I could characterize 80% of his posts as wolfy
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:40 AM
read the first two pages and find me a villagery montecore post

I dare anyone
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:41 AM
How to eat posts without commitment. I'm leaving out some of the more fluffy stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
in what way

i don't find it to be particularly villagery or wolfy

annie being micro-afk after firsting is slightly concerning, but i'm reaching
Softest of soft pushes to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
going from mini-mets to unmentioned is rustling, though the strength of this lineup makes it slightly less so

we've played together a ton and i've never seen you wolf

i'd imagine you're like an older, crustier version of chill, in that your villager game is tough to replicate as a wolf -- confirm/deny?
Talk about meta with mets.

I'm noting here that he talks meta with players who lap that **** up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
the fact that you could possibly believe this proves just how large your ego is
To Chilltown.

If I was a wolf and I wanted to eat posts and get clear, I'd pick a fight with Chilltown. This is one reason his game isn't as good as he thinks it is. People judge willingness to fight and be aggro as villagey on the whole, and someone who will engage in fights with other players on thin grounds allow wolves to eat posts and get credit by fighting with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
these votes are good



lolque.jpg
Votes on Chilltown.

But I never get the idea that he actually thinks Chilltown is a wolf, mostly because he talks to him like he's a villager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
the eventual lynch on d1 can be a crapshoot, but it's one of the more important days for yielding info on later rereads imo



i understand this thought

since you didn't enter with a reads list on every player, can i assume you're a villager?
To Hardcore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
so lkj is always a wolf iyo?

centering your reads on how others perceive your greatness may not be the best policy
To Chilltown. This strongly implies he thinks Chill is a villager.

But votes on Chill are good? Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
which of his reads are good and which are bad



how does he wolf iyo
To Chilltown. The first part is about Hardcore. The second about LKJ.

The first part is wolfy. He doesn't express an opinion on the reads of his own, and he's already indicated disdain for Chill's method of read making.

Is he wolf hunting? This could just about pass as trying to hunt Chill but the previous post I quoted strongly implies he does not think Chill is a wolf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
possibly, i don't know

i believe he believes it
To me. The first part is meh. If he was a villager and thought I might be a wolf, why not engage me on this point? Instead, he ducks it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
annie hasn't been combative

his read on you is probably premature since early fluffing is something i'd guess even you can manage as a wolf

do you think mets and i are wolfy, or just not villagery

"struggling to post content" could describe lkj, he's reaching a bit, but it's d1
To Chill.

The comment about Anarchist would be subtle for a wolf. I'd like to think I'd make it. It's the truth and wolves are always best telling the truth. Instead of passing over it, and being caught not commenting on it, or agreeing, and potentially having to engage Anarchist over it, he simply tells the truth. It doesn't commit him to any sort of read on Anarchist. He's not saying he's not wolfy, just that that isn't why.

It's not wolfy per se. It's villagey. If he was a bad wolf, I'd be semiclearing him for it.

He softpushes Chilltown again.

What he says about him and mets strikes me as a bit meh. I'd expect a villager to say "I don't see why he wouldn't have me as a villa" because villagers tend to believe they've presented as villagey. After all, they are villagers. And they tend to focus on convincing other villagers of that. But here he seems to be trying to gauge how deep Chill's read runs.

Then he softpushes LKJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
it's a way of acknowledging that he's done nothing i don't think he could do in either role

it's also because i don't know his wolf game

it's also because there will almost certainly be better lynches
"Yes, it's a way of avoiding making a read on him."


Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
meh seems thin
This is good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecore
it's marginally villagery for most people

annie is a good enough wolf that it probably doesn't hold as true for him as for others

i have found him marginally villagery so far, however
LOL though. Remove credit for something villagery, then say you found him villagery. A weird twofer.

So that's a mixed bag. There's nothing that really jumps out at you except it's a bit weird with Chilltown, but what there isn't is hard posting. It's all meh meh, bit villagey, that's not wolfy, meh meh, how wolfy do you think he is, meh meh.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:44 AM
Honestly monkey I think you went easy on him with that MQ.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:46 AM
I am trying to be fair though. I don't want to read him through "he's a wolf" glasses and just find everything wolfy. I want to show how I thought about those posts and why that led me to thinking he's a wolf. So it's not a strong strong read, you can see that. I just really found him unwilling to village.

Also, if I'm wrong, I don't want to have gone balls deep on it.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:46 AM
I just realized that he doesn't actually make any reads. And, all of the questions that he asks are basically throwaway questions.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:47 AM
Don't be shy baby. Gotta be prepared to go balls deep.

Solid chance I'll be strong arming a montecore lynch at this point.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:49 AM
Are there any posts of his that make you think, "Man, that'd be tough to post as a wolf."

I think not.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:50 AM
allright... i can admit when i am wrong

iŽll swap monkey with monte
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedybirdd
I just realized that he doesn't actually make any reads. And, all of the questions that he asks are basically throwaway questions.
That was my impression. He made kinda reads. And the questions are "keep talking" type questions. I don't see what end they are serving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedybirdd
Don't be shy baby. Gotta be prepared to go balls deep.

Solid chance I'll be strong arming a montecore lynch at this point.
If I'm not sure sure, I only put a couple of inches in. Then I can whip it out and it's like it never happened if he clears himself. You're not gay if you only put the tip in, you know.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tweedybirdd
Are there any posts of his that make you think, "Man, that'd be tough to post as a wolf."

I think not.
The one I pointed out. I don't think it would be tough but it's not the obvious.

"Annie's being combative."
"Yeah, I get that, but is it wolfy of him?"

is poor.

Saying he hasn't been is good.

I do think commitment is the toughest thing for wolves though, and I don't see much of that.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:56 AM
I feel reallllllllly good about him as a wolf right now.

He may or may not have spewed vixt and annie villa. If that's in fact true, it's going to be hard for well named not to be a wolf.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote
12-27-2012 , 03:57 AM
Tweedy,
There was an xfk/monte interaction that made me ease up on monte on page four, but rereading it makes me wonder what the hell it was that I saw.
Vanilla 13er game thread Shirts vs Skins Quote

      
m