Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #1201
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

J.D. would be a wolf if it weren't for the fact that gtpitch wanted to wagon him at EOD. J.D. you have some splainin to do though.

Karak is still a wolf.

gtpitch definitely spewed a lot, the question is how he went about it. He buddied up to me and urged everyone not to vote me, and I'm villa. However he also defended Karak early and Karak's a woof woof.

A.Ertbjerg and Ilya wagons are good with me, along with Mrsbuttons. IIRC Buttons was one of our suspects for making the dnkyhunter NK, and yeah, her pushing me/nightwood all day yesterday was suspicious.

Caedus was a seerhunt, if they aren't hunting seers they have no shot at winning.

@ WER: I still think I'm right about the SK - you say that SK has to fear wolves more than villagers, so he should wolfhunt. However he shouldn't fear wolves at all, bc wolves aren't going to NK him unless he leaves fakepeeks. However, obviously he feels differently so highfive to him for wolfhunting.

I think it's pretty horrible that we let me and J.F. flip yesterday. I was indifferent on J.F. but according to others he plays an aggro villa game, and that's not the type of person you want to be lynching early. Same goes for me.

I'm never voting cardassian.

vote A.Ertbjerg
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #1202
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
J.D. would be a wolf if it faweren't for the ct that gtpitch wanted to wagon him at EOD. J.D. you have some splainin to do though.
This is very interesting as when the wagons where 4 Brian/3J.F./3J.D. GT choose J.D., definately makes J.D. far more villagery.
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:19 AM   #1203
IlyaMuromec
centurion
 
IlyaMuromec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Ok so about wagoning me. Why?

I voted for the guy that nobody was voting for because as Fenix I think said, neither options that were being wagoned made any sense to me personally.

I didn't see any reason to vote either way so I just sided with a dude who was outspoken yet seemed smart and didn't affect the outcome of the voting process.

In other words - I tried to remain neutral, and am going to continue to do so until I have some heavy reasons to do otherwise. I don't get this game, seems a lot of finger pointing in every direction, so vote me out if you'd like, I don't have any tone reads or any of that to offer


Btw, it'd be funny to have a thread where there are no actual wolves, only the mod playing along and see how many people lose their **** plotting all sorts of elaborate tone reads and game analysis Perhaps on the next April Fools?
IlyaMuromec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:22 AM   #1204
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaMuromec View Post
Well my first read: Slink is a villa because he's convinced everything is evidence for being a wolf even though he's only played one game. :P Sorry if that sounds mean
Ilya please then enlighten me on your opinions on the game. Or shall you just scan whats going on and post nothing like a wolf would do.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:23 AM   #1205
BingoBango
surviving 58-0 losses
 
BingoBango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,326
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
I have only played one game before this, and in it many wolves where UTR so I mistrust them most of all. It may be bad but I am happy to vote for anyone who refuses to post until better evidence comes out.

An A.Ertbjerg, Ilya, mburke, karak wagon is good for me today. I'm off to sleep for 5 hours or so but for now I

vote A.Ertbjerg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
A.Ertbjerg and Ilya wagons are good with me, along with Mrsbuttons. IIRC Buttons was one of our suspects for making the dnkyhunter NK, and yeah, her pushing me/nightwood all day yesterday was suspicious.

vote A.Ertbjerg
I don't mind an A. Ert wagon but I think ilya is more likely to a wolf. I don't like his tone overall. He hasn't posted much of anything. He's been talking about how the game is intimidating but this is not excuse not to post as a villa. His unwillingness to take a stand on anyone bothers me and its something I would think a noob wolf is prone to do. I'm not really liking that d2 vote. Plus a wagon on him might convince him to start posting a bit more which can't be bad.

vote ilya
BingoBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:25 AM   #1206
BingoBango
surviving 58-0 losses
 
BingoBango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,326
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

jeez thats like the third time someone has posted something significant while I'm writing a post. But its not gonna make me change my vote
BingoBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:29 AM   #1207
BingoBango
surviving 58-0 losses
 
BingoBango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,326
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaMuromec View Post
I voted for the guy that nobody was voting for because as Fenix I think said, neither options that were being wagoned made any sense to me personally.

I didn't see any reason to vote either way so I just sided with a dude who was outspoken yet seemed smart and didn't affect the outcome of the voting process.

In other words - I tried to remain neutral, and am going to continue to do so until I have some heavy reasons to do otherwise. I don't get this game, seems a lot of finger pointing in every direction, so vote me out if you'd like, I don't have any tone reads or any of that to offer
Saying you voted just for the sake of voting doesn't make you look any better. Why did you even vote at all in that case? Trying to remain neutral is not a good thing
BingoBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:36 AM   #1208
IlyaMuromec
centurion
 
IlyaMuromec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoBango View Post
Saying you voted just for the sake of voting doesn't make you look any better. Why did you even vote at all in that case? Trying to remain neutral is not a good thing
I thought voting was mandatory? I would've opted not to vote or participate in the first 2 days of random accusations if it were an option

Why's being neutral not a good thing? Goes against all I've been taught about life

Last edited by IlyaMuromec; 05-03-2009 at 10:42 AM.
IlyaMuromec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #1209
BingoBango
surviving 58-0 losses
 
BingoBango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,326
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaMuromec View Post
I thought voting was mandatory? I would've opted not to vote or participate in the first 2 days of random accusations if it were an option

Why's being neutral not a good thing? Goes against all I've been taught about life
if everyone is neutral, the wolves win. It's not helpful attribute in this game. So, as slink asked, can you give us some thoughts on players please?

Also, editing posts is not allowed.
BingoBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:00 AM   #1210
BingoBango
surviving 58-0 losses
 
BingoBango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 12,326
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

And afaik, voting is not mandatory yet but usually becomes mandatory as the game progresses
BingoBango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #1211
OnThInIcE911
񃵧
 
OnThInIcE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: G.O.A.T.
Posts: 27,989
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

************MOD NOTE************

EDITING POSTS IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN

IlyaMuromec YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED NEXT TIME WILL BE A MODKILL

DUE TO THE SERIOUSNESS OF THIS OFFENSE IlyaMuromec IS NOT ALLOWED TO USE ANY VOWELS FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE DAY. 1340 CAN BE USED AS REPLACEMENTS.

DO NOT EDIT POSTS

TY THAT IS ALL

************MOD NOTE************
OnThInIcE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #1212
IlyaMuromec
centurion
 
IlyaMuromec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

oops?
IlyaMuromec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #1213
OnThInIcE911
񃵧
 
OnThInIcE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: G.O.A.T.
Posts: 27,989
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaMuromec View Post
oops?
*******MOD NOTE*********

ARE THOSE VOWELS????????

NO MORE VOWELS TODAY FOR YOU!!!!!!!
OnThInIcE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:28 AM   #1214
IlyaMuromec
centurion
 
IlyaMuromec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 171
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

0h. 0k 1 r3s1gn fr0m p0st1ng t0d@y th3n. l@t3r
IlyaMuromec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #1215
mburke05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mburke05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ruling with an iron pocketbook.
Posts: 11,930
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

hahahahhaha OTI is the best mod ever
mburke05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:09 PM   #1216
mburke05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mburke05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ruling with an iron pocketbook.
Posts: 11,930
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

and i think in hindsight based on ilya's last 2 posts he looks more like an ignorant villa than an utr wolf.
mburke05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:14 PM   #1217
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

unvote
vote Mrsbutton

Upon rereading, Mrsbutton did very typical "wolf gaining villa points" on Day 1 by saying that she didn't like either wagon (but without giving reasoning). Most wolves' inclination when they see a villager about to get lynched is to say, "I really don't like that wagon!". Nightwood pointed this out in Post 558, so huge villa points to him when Mrsbutton comes back wolf.

Here are the posts for reference:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
changing to beer i dont think we should lynch WU tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
i dont thing WU is a good lynch tonight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
UNVOTE i dont liek any wagons but dont want things evered up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
i dont like the WU wagon
It really doesn't surprise me that Mrsbutton has come after Nightwood for exposing her out like that. Or for me b/c I've got one of her wolfbuddies.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 12:53 PM   #1218
ewalsh420
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ewalsh420's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,224
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

[1] A.Ertbjerg-
[0] Ainex-mdom
[0] BingoBango-ilya
[0] BitchiBee-
[0] Brian -buttons
[0] cardassian -mburke
[0] chaser1942-
[0] corsakh -
[0] djstu -mburke
[0] goofyballer-mburke
[0] I_Like_Beer-
[1] IlyaMuromec
[0] jobeen-
[0] JumanjiBoard -nightwood
[0] Karak567 –
[0] Malgin-
[4] mburke05-
[1] mdom88 -mburke
[1] Mrsbutton-
[1] nightwood-
[0] O0Brian0O-
[0] RiverFenix-
[0] J.D.(For saymond)-
[0] Slink-a.e
[0] starkwired -
[0] WinEvryRacex -
ewalsh420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #1219
Malgin
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 130
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

enough...

I told you guys that you need to lynch the people that SMELL wolfy...

nightwood does not give me night or wood....

vote nightwood
Malgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:15 PM   #1220
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
OK i just caught up on everything here are my lists so far

Village
Card- actually voting content

jobeen-playing just like i did when i started and had no idea how not to should like a wolf

mdom- first time i have played with him but seems to be helping the village

Wolf

Nightwood is my main suspect he has not said anything help yet is posting alot and i have played a few turbos with him and this is not his normal villa game.


Gtpitch is not being near as helpful as he was when he was a villa in the other long game i was in so i give him a wolf lean


Beer but i dont like how his wagon was got off so quick so i wont be voting for him tonight.


everyone else im not sure off so far but im goign to go with Nightwood for tonight unless my vote is need to be changed close ot EOD
mrsbutton, please explain the italicized statements above...
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #1221
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

lol i'm stupid it's all italicized when quoting

explain what you said about card/jobeen/beer more in depth please
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #1222
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malgin View Post
enough...

I told you guys that you need to lynch the people that SMELL wolfy...

nightwood does not give me night or wood....

vote nightwood
why?
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #1223
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

quick thoughts on people that stand out:

lean villa:

goofy- the list he posted he would not do as a wolf...he could be SK though
WER- overall tone, reaction to players nominated thus far def seems villagery
corsakh- typical ******ation, but I suppose he could just be covering
nightwood- the people going after him seem super suspicious

lean wolf:

mrsbutton- weird statements, accusations flown for little reason, brian made some good points about this above
malgin- same as above, bandwagon of nightwood
mburke- wtf is he doing, very different play from SSNL game when he was villa, snap attacking goofy again looked funny at first, but the way it played out seems suspicious


I think one of mrsbutton/malgin/nightwood has to be a wolf, and possibly two. We should start there.
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:21 PM   #1224
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Why did I vote for Brian? He keeps emphatically stating that he is 100% SURE I am a wolf, which means one of two things. He's either being unbelievably foolish and is playing the game with blinders on, or he is trying to press a wagon on me (meaning he is a wolf). I just couldn't bring myself to believe that he was playing with blinders on, but I guess he was. He could still be a wolf, but probably not.

Why did I vote for JF late? Because Caedus told me to. I even said that when I voted. I was very sure he was a villa, and I always trust his reads when I play WW with him (as long as I am sure he is a villa).

I still don't think nightwood is a great wagon, and I will only vote for him today if I have to do so in the cause of self-preservation.

Mburke is an ok wagon, and, as I said before, I do not believe Brian is a good wagon anymore.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #1225
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

JD, why are you so utr this game?

Brian, why would it matter what you think? There's absolutely no reason to try to encourage the sk to go after village.....what are you doing? And yes, he does have to fear the wolves more. Maybe not today, but for a long-term plan he needs to side with village.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive