Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #851
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post

Not even gonna respond except for lol @ troll
I think someone like caedus might be more your speed perhaps you should go bug him for awhile.
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #852
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
I think someone like caedus might be more your speed perhaps you should go bug him for awhile.
I'm not bugging anyone. I threw your name out as a possible good wagon for today and you way overreacted.
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #853
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
Brian, it's funny that you say the SK's motivation would be to seerhunt. I for one think the SK would be far better off wolf-hunting as the wolves pose a bigger threat to him, not to mention that the village will be at a disadvantage from not knowing who was NKed by wolves and who by the SK...
I had read that you said that when I posted my take on it and suffice it to say I disagree, however I won't comment on SK strategy any more as everyone is giving me wolf points for it.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:46 PM   #854
Mrsbutton
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrsbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,864
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
There are a lot of people that I respect a lot in this game (WER and Caedus) who I'm pretty sure are villagers that don't like the nightwood wagon.

For that reason I'm going to unvote and find a better wagon. Jack doesn't look too bad right now. Neither does corsakh.
i can do with a second wagon on corrsakh but i want night lynched in the next few days cause if he come back wolf or villa it will tell us something about who is defending him since D1
Mrsbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:48 PM   #855
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

hmmm
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:49 PM   #856
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I'm fine with being a wagon today, but I won't be around to defend myself after about 30 minutes (mentioned earlier that I won't be around for EOD). I actually think I'd be a great wagon b/c I feel so strongly that I am on the right track and I think the wolves will be eager to hop on me and get rid of me. Just make sure you put a wolf alongside me (Karak). If I'm wrong about Karak feel free to turbolynch me tomorrow, but fyi, I'd never put the spotlight on myself like this as a wolf by going cutthroat for another player.
I don't think you're a wolf here FWIW.

I also think you'd be a terrible wagon for today. Might check out the people currently on it if i'm not too lazy.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #857
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I had read that you said that when I posted my take on it and suffice it to say I disagree, however I won't comment on SK strategy any more as everyone is giving me wolf points for it.
the correct response would have been "oh yeah i didn't think of that..." as a villager, no matter your actual thoughts, but at least you didn't list whatever reasons you had for disagreeing.

I still think I'm right obv.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:51 PM   #858
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
If you'd played 3 other long games with him, then maybe you could maket he assessment as well? My read on WER was tone-based. He always uses proper capitalization and he wasn't capitalizing at all. And he seemed overly excited - didn't know he had had a wolf role before, but I've played w/ him in 3 other games and I thought he was a wolf here.
Ok, it's d1 so I can buy that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
As far as the SK goes, that wasn't me being a wolf and subtly hinting for SK to seerhunt. I think it's important to know what every role's motivations are, especially when analyzing night kills.
But you still made it perfectly clear in your post that the SK should be seerhunting, that that would be his best option. The SK might not make the same conclusion on his own, especially if he's a rook, but there's a damn good chance he's seerhunting now. If you thought that the SK would seerhunt, you should have shut up about it and done your best to analyze nk's from day 2 onward until you thought you had a suspect, THEN explain why the SK going after seers is a smart thing and that's why you think XXXX is doing it. Your post guarenteed that the SK would immediately start doing the worst possible thing for the village.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yeah, because on D1 people are going to have loads of info to work with. At least I gave a reason that was logical.
My point was you seemed to be gunning for the people who are typically easy to lynch. Most experianced players would shy off on immediately lynching those until d2 or d3 to get more information. If you know a player constantly seems wolfy no matter what his/her role you don't try to lynch them on d1, it's ******ed. However from a wolf standpoint it makes more sense, the more easy wagons you set up the less likely a wolf is one of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Plz explain what this means.
I searched for your name in each page. When I found your post talking about most wolves being UTR I didn't think much of it. It's probably true, esp since it's a rookie game, but I wouldn't put it past experianced wolves to be very active here. You seemed to me to be basically trying to put more attention on UTR players, and not on active ones. It looked innocent enough, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for an active experianced wolf to make that post to try and divert village attention away from him. I didn't think much of it.

Then 'lo and behold Kesh immediately shows up agreeing with you, and we know Kesh was a wolf. Now, kesh agreed with me several times as well, he seemed to be following around players taking second seat really, but it does increase the chance of you being a wolf trying to influence the village into suspecting UTR players more and active players (IE yourself) less.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
BTW, wolves buddy up to villagers, and try to get other villagers lynched. I actually left this bit out of my kesh review because I'd be biased and was hoping someone else would bring it up. But when a wolf calls someone villa, they go in my villa list, and when a wolf calls someone wolf, they go in my villa list. Wolves generally don't interact too much with each other.
Ok, that's a much better explanation. Why didn't you mention it d1 when the beer wagon was gaining steam though? Kesh was tagging behind me well enough on that one. Also, if wolves generally don't interact too much with each other, that would seem by your logic to indicate that I'm not a wolf, yet you still think I am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Yah, I changed my mind on him. So?
Going from "screaming wolf" to "strongest villa" is a very big swing of opinion, especially when your justifications for both were tone reads. Also especially when it would look bad if you kept calling him a wolf when almost the entire village is sure he isn't. I think if you were a villa you'd move him to neutral or a slight villa lean if you were starting to doubt your read. Your massive opinion switch seems fishy, it looks like you're trying to fit in too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Caught me! Yeah I deliberately put the spotlight on myself by calling out people who had random votes yesterday.
I don't think you deliberately did it, but it's possible that while writing out what you thought the wolves would do (which is probably right, so it's likely you would do the same thing as a wolf) you just slipped up and forgot you didn't vote last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Are you taking pride in the fact that you pushed a villager wagon yesterday?
No, I'm not. I had what I thought were good reasons too vote Beer and so I lead a wagon on him, it's just what happened. I find the fact that you constantly try and claim that it wasn't me, when it clearly was, and then use that so say i'm a wolf intresting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
BTW, here is the first time you mention I_Like_Beer:



Kesh suggests Beer but doesn't vote him, stark votes him, then you suggest Beer and don't vote him. You even do it with the classic "for now" wolfy mcwolfenstein tell,
actually I said "right now", not "for now." But as to me not instantly voting for brian based off of that post I wanted to see how he reacted before voting. When he reacted in what I thought was a wolfy manner I voted for him. I don't think anybody will say that I wasn't the leader of the beer wagon yesterday, and I keep mentioning it because you seem to think that I was a follower and so I'm a wolf. I wasn't and I'm not, when I voted doesn't matter.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
You sure have done a 180 on me since yestserday tho,
I said nothing you have done has struck me as wolfy, IE: you were neutral. Neutral ---> Wolf isn't a 180. "screaming wolf" to "strongest villa" sure as hell is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Protecting wolfbuddy Karak?

djstu/Karak wolves, ship it.
lol, i seriously hope you can all see through this.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #859
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

@ jack frost: yes you would be a good wagon today

tbh, you are now my #1 possible wagon today, i also want to see corsakh get moar votes

jack frost
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:54 PM   #860
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Alright as promised I'm AFK until close to nightfall
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #861
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

GTP, thoughts on brian?
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:56 PM   #862
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
This is only my 2nd game btw and my first as a villa, so I have to figure out the different strategy a little...I'll prob spend a lot of time this weekend re-reading the thread, just been busy yesterday/today.
I'm ready to go Goofy here.
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #863
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
Should Clarify that I got killed that game early on, D4ish I believe, and stopped following the game to closely thus my read on slink is based mostly on those early days. So if Slink did heat up as the game progressed we have a definate 'betting" tell to work with on slink.
It is true Bitchie/ Iron Tamer, I gather a lot of info in the first few days and then once about 4-5 people are gone then I fire up a bit more. I really think days 1-2 are a crap shoot so dont say too much. But as I said yesterday I missed the whole first day by accident. For the record I have you down as full villa now too.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #864
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
GTP, thoughts on brian?
I don't have anything real strong. But I will say the post that I quoted above seems 100% genuine villager to me. A wolf doesn't call someone out like he did, analyze the posts, and then offer to be lynched the next day if he is wrong on D2. If this were D6 or 7 I'd think differently. I just can't see wolf Brian sacrificing himself this early.
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #865
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
This is basically 100% villager, IMO.

Anyone voting for Brian needs to gtfo off now
Nevermind, didn't read this post yet.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:59 PM   #866
Mrsbutton
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrsbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,864
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

i am starting to think Brian would be a great wagon just because alot of the experiance players are defending him so if he turns up wolf it could break the game wide open and if not it will be easier for us to trust the experianced players and wolf hunt better.
Mrsbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:00 PM   #867
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
Nevermind, didn't read this post yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
I don't have anything real strong. But I will say the post that I quoted above seems 100% genuine villager to me. A wolf doesn't call someone out like he did, analyze the posts, and then offer to be lynched the next day if he is wrong on D2. If this were D6 or 7 I'd think differently. I just can't see wolf Brian sacrificing himself this early.
Answered anyway. I'm really AFK for now but I'll say again... lynching Brian today is fail
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:01 PM   #868
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu
My point was you seemed to be gunning for the people who are typically easy to lynch.
I've never said that mdom was easy to lynch or always comes off wolfy. Nor did I have any reason to believe that he did, but I can't comment further as it pertains to an ongoing game.

I've said that corsakh always comes off as a wolf, and I said the same about Kesh (albeit posthumously), but I didn't say that about Karak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu
I searched for your name in each page. When I found your post talking about most wolves being UTR I didn't think much of it. It's probably true, esp since it's a rookie game, but I wouldn't put it past experianced wolves to be very active here. You seemed to me to be basically trying to put more attention on UTR players, and not on active ones. It looked innocent enough, but it wasn't out of the realm of possibility for an active experianced wolf to make that post to try and divert village attention away from him. I didn't think much of it.
I guess about 1/3rd of the players in this game get wolf points bc we've all been calling out the 2/3rds of the UTR players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu
Ok, that's a much better explanation. Why didn't you mention it d1 when the beer wagon was gaining steam though?
I pretty obviously wasn't around for EOD yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu
Going from "screaming wolf" to "strongest villa" is a very big swing of opinion, especially when your justifications for both were tone reads.
But them's the facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu
Also especially when it would look bad if you kept calling him a wolf when almost the entire village is sure he isn't. I think if you were a villa you'd move him to neutral or a slight villa lean if you were starting to doubt your read. Your massive opinion switch seems fishy, it looks like you're trying to fit in too much.
I concluded that my read was wrong, and that in light of WER's posts, he was a villager. So I didn't try to do the "villagery" thing and "slightly" change my read on him. What you're suggesting that I should have done is what a wolf would have done so as to not draw attention to himself when he realized he couldn't get WER lynched.

Also, If you think I'm trying to fit in: LOL.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:02 PM   #869
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
I don't have anything real strong. But I will say the post that I quoted above seems 100% genuine villager to me. A wolf doesn't call someone out like he did, analyze the posts, and then offer to be lynched the next day if he is wrong on D2. If this were D6 or 7 I'd think differently. I just can't see wolf Brian sacrificing himself this early.
I wouldn't put it past a very good wolf who knows he's in trouble to do this honestly. He could say this, not get lynched because of it, and then claim there are better lynches than him the next day due to NKs.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:03 PM   #870
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
i am starting to think Brian would be a great wagon just because alot of the experiance players are defending him so if he turns up wolf it could break the game wide open and if not it will be easier for us to trust the experianced players and wolf hunt better.
When I come up villa, you won't learn a thing. Except from the people that are on my wagon.

Mrsbutton feel free to actually vote me and dirty your name up instead of encouraging others and trying to push me.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #871
Mrsbutton
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrsbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,864
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu View Post
I wouldn't put it past a very good wolf who knows he's in trouble to do this honestly. He could say this, not get lynched because of it, and then claim there are better lynches than him the next day due to NKs.
i agree with you Dj i am really starting to learn brian and GT
Mrsbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:05 PM   #872
Mrsbutton
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrsbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,864
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
When I come up villa, you won't learn a thing. Except from the people that are on my wagon.

Mrsbutton feel free to actually vote me and dirty your name up instead of encouraging others and trying to push me.
i will be here at EOD why would i do that and i also said we need a second wagon so we can actually try to learn something if a villager gets lynched.


but this post doesnt help your case to much
Mrsbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:06 PM   #873
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
i am starting to think Brian would be a great wagon just because alot of the experiance players are defending him so if he turns up wolf it could break the game wide open and if not it will be easier for us to trust the experianced players and wolf hunt better.
Lynching for information is terrible, only vote for people you think are wolves, because when you try to justify a mislynch based on "we'll get information" You'll usually not get much.
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:08 PM   #874
Mrsbutton
Pooh-Bah
 
Mrsbutton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,864
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
Lynching for information is terrible, only vote for people you think are wolves, because when you try to justify a mislynch based on "we'll get information" You'll usually not get much.
well if u notice thats why my vote is on nightwood and not brian
Mrsbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 06:09 PM   #875
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
i will be here at EOD why would i do that and i also said we need a second wagon so we can actually try to learn something if a villager gets lynched.
Then why don't you stick your vote somewhere and either help start that 2nd wagon or solidify my wagon, which only has 4 votes right now. Instead of yapping about how a 2nd wagon won't get started and how inclined you are to join my wagon.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive