Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #776
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
gtpitch...do you not find it odd that Karak basically made an unreasonable demand, saying that unless beer posted within a certain time frame to defend himself he must be a wolf? also knowing that beer is likely villa makes this even more suspicious...

and why are you so sure Karak is villa? you claiming that without any sort of evidence is really wolfy too...are you trying to defend your fellow wolf here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
I don't understand how giving him some time frame like that is going to make him more likely to spew. He's not stupid. I don't think if he's a wolf he's going to go "OH **** I HAVE TO RESPOND OR ELSE THEY WILL KILL ME!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
By the looks of things you haven't learned a whole lot from all the games you've played anyway. LOL at there being some sort of hard and fast correct way to play this game...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
aww the wolf was come in just in time to try ot de-rail the nightwood wagon

good try

try again
Quote:
Originally Posted by O0Brian0O View Post
im going to the gym, im gonna go gtpitch for now, because i have a sick read ldo

vote gtpitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
how am i one of the leading wagons? read my recent posts and find a better wagon guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
basic thoughts about jack so far

1) I remember reading he's aggro/wolfy
2) I've actually read the lost WW game and have paid attention especially to jack's posts since they were thought out and interesting, so i know he's smart.
3) I see pretty poor aggro contribution from him so far ITT. Also goes after night w/ absolute bull**** reasoning.

conclusion: jack=looking very wolfy here.
if I get lynched tonight and turn up villa they BETTER lynch your ass tomarrow.
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #777
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Slink was my first person to look into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
Hey guys. Sorry for the late posting but I missed the start of the game yesterday (I was waiting for a link to appear in the startup thread and also missed it in the main page somehow).

I am about halfway through the posts now and will be more active today. Lets sniff out these wolves.
Fluff entrance. Normal and expected obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
Hello again guys: Here's my idea on things so far after my first proper analysis. There is a lot of noise about ITT but my basic leanings are:

VILLAS

BEER, MDOM, STARK: Mostly because Kershardla went after them D1 and was a wolf.

NIGHTWOOD: Said dnky was a villa today when he was already dead. Would have to be a pretty good level if it came from a wolf who nkilled him.

LEAN VILLA

BITCHIE BEE: Tone only.

CORSARK: Good Helpful Villa Posts.



LEAN WOLF

WER: Defended by Kesh before his wolfy death. But otherwise posts are very helpful to the village so could be ok.

Bingo Bango: For voting Beer D1.

Malgin: For turning up very late D1 and voting with no real reason.

Djstu: All his accusations d1 were against villa like people (beer, stark, WU). fishy, but could just be confused d1 villa.

Mrs button: All over the place at the end of d1. Felt like he jumped on WU but jumped off quick when it looked like he was lynched to avoid looking suspicious.

NO IDEA: Everyone else.

I am looking forward to day 3 or 4 where we can really look closer at who goes and why.
Although I don't agree with all of his leans its good effort. Has some pretty good reads and though process here. Seems that he could end up being a helpful villager here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
Im off to bed and will be back four hours before nightfall. For now I am going to

vote Malgin

for the fishy way he turned up late last night - like he was watching and just voting when he had to - trying to stay UTR.
Not a bad vote or wagon really. Gonna reread Malgin too.

I like where his head is at and will give him a villa lean.
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #778
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

what? who?
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #779
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Some of us actually play poker and don't chat on the forum at the same time. I am not eastern time, nor do I wake up at the beginning of days just to play werewolf. Right now I'm voting for Nightwood, but would easily hop on a Brian wagon if it got rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if Corsakh has not been around since being accused of being a wolf.

You're right Brian when you say I don't post much, but I've posted this game over 20 times. I didn't post 20 times until at least day 4 last time. I don't need to post 30+ times in a day to tell you what I think.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:34 PM   #780
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

above post re: jack frost's post, is that directed at WER? he's like 80% to be villa, if not more
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #781
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
lynching karak or nightwood today is terribad, find someone else

about AE, he comes across as pretty wolfy as a villager usually, but haas pretty good insights late in the game, so he should be let alone for now
Ok since you KNOW that lynching either one of these is "terribad" then surely you must have a better candidate and a reason why lynching one of these two is bad and why someone else should be lynched?
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #782
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Also, gtpitch comes off A LOT like CDL (CalledDownLight) did in the last game I played. An experienced player who ran the game for the first 3/4 as a wolf.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:35 PM   #783
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
if I get lynched tonight and turn up villa they BETTER lynch your ass tomarrow.
Who are you talking about? You quoted like 5 people
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #784
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu View Post
I did a read-back of brian since he's going after karak who I have a strong villa read on, and apparently is easy to lynch if I'm remembering somebody saying that earlier, plus his post-EOD list of leans had some glaring inconsistancies in it. But I'll get to those in a bit, to start off:

page 1:



Why is he advising the SK to seerhunt? He doesn't come out and tell the SK to do it directly, but he sure as hell says that it's the best way for him to play the game. I'm having a hard time seeing a villager why a villager would make this post, if the SK follows the advice it helps the wolves immensely. Cors is the only one to ask him wtf he's doing, and his excuse is rather weak



I think cors definitely gets villa points from this, wolf points for brian.



posted pretty early in day one. He started off wanting to lynch karak pretty quickly it seems, also the presence of WER on this list is a serious wtf. Brian 1st post also was a vote for WER, though I'm pretty sure that was a joke since the reasoning was so bad.



posted after he was questioned about his list. I don't see how WER could scream wolf to anybody that early on. Karak's 1st post was a bit wolfy, but karak apparently is always somewhat wolfy, so thats a weak foundation to go on. He does say later that most of his reads are tone reads on d1.

Page 2:

Not much comes out of brian here. Mostly the posts that showed up when I page searched his name were a bunch of people wondering why he would put some of the most experianced players on his list for such bad reasons, stuff like that. Nightwood however continues to defend brian's SK strat guide post and attack cors as being wolfy for saying that the post was aweful and would make the SK seer hunt.

Page 3:



again another vote from brian based on almost nothing. mdom is apparently like karak in that he tweaks people's wolfdar alot. The majority of the people brian votes for seem to be the easiest lynches in the game.



Pretty innocent, but it does put more suspicion on UTR people rather than the active people. It's not out of the realm of possiblity that an active wolf would make this post, especially if the wolves are actually being very active so far.



Keshaldra quoted Brian's post when he said this. Did not expect to find anything like this, but it definitely looks like brain could be a leveling wolf in his earlier post now.

Page 4:

Brian has started to get a little bit of a wagon at this point with 2 votes, behind Beer and jobeen, but it never gains steam. No posts from brian here.

Page 5:

Brian doesn't show up for the EOD, and doesn't vote at all. Odd behavior for a villager, not so odd for a wolf who knows the wagons are v-v?

Page 6:

Nothing about him here.

Page 7:

Here we have a huge post from brian;


There are a few things that struck me as inconsistant with brians d1 behavior and his reasoning is off several times as well.

First, he said Kesh came across as a wolf to him, but looking at his post history this is never mentioned and in fact we have a tenuous kesh-brian link between the two.

Second, he immediately starts off by saying WER is his top villager now. Except on d1 he was saying WER was screaming wolf and he was one of his top 3 wagons. This reeks of trying to not go against the grain and make waves, something a wolf would do.

He then names myself and Karak as wolfs. His still has no evidence for karak beyond a tone read, or at least doesn't volunteer any at this point. He offers some reasons for me, saying I went along with keshes ILB suggestion (wrong, I pounced in ILB for calling people with 0 posts wolf, the exact same thing stark did. I just agreed with kesh that ILB and stark would be good wagons), he also makes it sound like we waited for somebody else to lead the wagon (stark) but it was clearly obvious I was the one pushing the hardest for a beer lynch d1, and he then says I proposed a plan for the red ranger to expose himself which would hurt the village (Which is hilariously untrue, it was an obvious joke, nevermind the fact that the RR doesn't know who he is, to it's an unclaimable role. In fact I think if anybody did pop up and say they were the RR they would rocket straight to the top of my wolf list since it makes no sense a villager or seer would do that). So his evidence for me is pretty weak.

More intresting is that later in the post is this gem:


He makes the point that wolves probably weren't pushing wagons yesterday, but somehow thinks I'm a wolf when I led the beer wagon. Also he makes a point of saying that the wolves probably made random votes or made no vote at all due to the confusion. Who didn't make a vote at EOD yesterday? Brain

I'll continue my analysis of brian's posts after this, but obv he's still been pushing for a karak wagon which is an aweful lynch. But right now I feel pretty confident in doing this,

vote brian
Finally someone who can post a viable wagon and an actual reason for voting. You will have my vote tonight if you get this wagon going and it looks like they vote out nightwood
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #785
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

fwiw here's my list so far:

Wolves

Brian
Nightwood, he seems to defend brian alot for the god-aweful SK post and also has been generally wolfy so far

Villagers
WER
Stark
Beer
Karak
probably mdom

Neutral
everybody else
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #786
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
This is going to be next to impossible this early in the game, IMO, but if you have some way to go about looking for him, feel free to say it.
During my first read through, my impression was that corsakh was the SK.

Best way to go about finding him would be to look for helpful villas who feel a bit wrong on tone.

Other suspects could include Brian/gtpitch/WER
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #787
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
Finally someone who can post a viable wagon and an actual reason for voting. You will have my vote tonight if you get this wagon going and it looks like they vote out nightwood
ditto, I am going to have to decide here within the hour and Brian looks best atm
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:38 PM   #788
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

I don't know what else to add to stu's post to confirm that a Brian wagon is a good idea, because it's pretty damn solid. Definitely a great wagon for tonight.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #789
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Who are you talking about? You quoted like 5 people
sorry I was talking about wineveryracex. Just so you guys know in the ssfr game I was told by billz and cdl that I was NKed day 2 because I was onto almost all the wolves. If I do end up NKed you probably should be checking the people who I am accusing and the people who are very set in proving me wrong
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 PM   #790
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
Ok since you KNOW that lynching either one of these is "terribad" then surely you must have a better candidate and a reason why lynching one of these two is bad and why someone else should be lynched?
Well, if you take the time to read my first poast in this game (shouldnt take too long since its about 25 words long), you would see that my attention is focused on you and corsakh aorn.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:41 PM   #791
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
During my first read through, my impression was that corsakh was the SK.

Best way to go about finding him would be to look for helpful villas who feel a bit wrong on tone.

Other suspects could include Brian/gtpitch/WER
GTP is like never the SK here.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #792
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
I don't know what else to add to stu's post to confirm that a Brian wagon is a good idea, because it's pretty damn solid. Definitely a great wagon for tonight.
The earlier Brian poasts on d1 felt like the usual villager Brian to me, but that read of him has slowly been deteriorating because im liking his tone less and less as time passes.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #793
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
GTP is like never the SK here.
I feel there's something off about gtpitch, but it will become clear later. Im not trying to get him lynched in the next couple of days, just saying we need to keep an eye on him.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM   #794
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
During my first read through, my impression was that corsakh was the SK.

Best way to go about finding him would be to look for helpful villas who feel a bit wrong on tone.

Other suspects could include Brian/gtpitch/WER
Im not sure if this is a joke or what but I'm gonna looking into you allot more in the comming day's
1. you came outta no where a few post's back and clear both wagons for today with no reason and say we HAVE to find another wagon and you KNOW the 2 we have are "terribad" but offer nothing else in return or any kinda argument of why our wagons for today are bad
2. You are actually bold enough to come in here and say you already have the SK narrowed down to like 3 or 4 people..........are you joking I mean seriously are you kidding here based on what would you have any evidence to say who the SK would be here?
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #795
jack frost
Pooh-Bah
 
jack frost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: running over people on bicycles
Posts: 4,335
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Well, if you take the time to read my first poast in this game (shouldnt take too long since its about 25 words long), you would see that my attention is focused on you and corsakh aorn.
Thats cool cause I'm going to be looking really hard at you as well.......
jack frost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #796
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
sorry I was talking about wineveryracex. Just so you guys know in the ssfr game I was told by billz and cdl that I was NKed day 2 because I was onto almost all the wolves. If I do end up NKed you probably should be checking the people who I am accusing and the people who are very set in proving me wrong
wow. read nightwood's posts and then his long post. if after doing that you think he's a wolf just because he left in 2 dead people in his long reads list, then i don't know what to tell you. But that logic is horrible and there is no way he should be wagoned today....better reads on him can be developed in later days....

Why would a wolf think leaving 2 dead people on his list make him look like a confused villager? This makes no sense. And "why would a villager" do this is not an argument. A good argument is why a WOLF would do this.


Why did beer make a stupid wolf list as a likely villager? Who cares. Some people do stupid things that make no sense. The point is to figure out what they do as wolves, not whether they play the style you want them to play. (Of course if they are terrible villagers who confuse/ruin the village then that's a reason against them)
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #797
dnkyhunter31
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
dnkyhunter31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Kane's Rape Dungeon
Posts: 31,624
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

MOD NOTE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnkyhunter31 View Post
NEW CO-MOD NOTE

DO NOT BOLD ANYTHING THAT IS NOT A VOTE. FAILURE TO FOLLOW THIS DIRECTIVE WILL RESULT IN BAD THINGS HAPPENING TO THE OFFENDING PARTY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu View Post
He makes the point that wolves probably weren't pushing wagons yesterday, but somehow thinks I'm a wolf when I led the beer wagon. Also he makes a point of saying that the wolves probably made random votes or made no vote at all due to the confusion. Who didn't make a vote at EOD yesterday? Brain
FOR FAILING TO FOLLOW THE RULES PUT FORTH THAT NOTHING EXCEPT VOTES WILL BE BOLDED, DJSTU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE THE LETTER "A" IN ANY MORE OF HIS POSTS FOR THE REST OF THE DAY.
dnkyhunter31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #798
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
I feel there's something off about gtpitch, but it will become clear later. Im not trying to get him lynched in the next couple of days, just saying we need to keep an eye on him.
Yes, off as in he's a wolf. He seems very very very much like NOT the sk right now.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:48 PM   #799
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
wow. read nightwood's posts and then his long post. if after doing that you think he's a wolf just because he left in 2 dead people in his long reads list, then i don't know what to tell you. But that logic is horrible and there is no way he should be wagoned today....better reads on him can be developed in later days....

Why would a wolf think leaving 2 dead people on his list make him look like a confused villager? This makes no sense. And "why would a villager" do this is not an argument. A good argument is why a WOLF would do this.


Why did beer make a stupid wolf list as a likely villager? Who cares. Some people do stupid things that make no sense. The point is to figure out what they do as wolves, not whether they play the style you want them to play. (Of course if they are terrible villagers who confuse/ruin the village then that's a reason against them)
I'm not sure what to make of frost at this point. It's like he's on PCP or something
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #800
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
Im not sure if this is a joke or what but I'm gonna looking into you allot more in the comming day's
1. you came outta no where a few post's back and clear both wagons for today with no reason and say we HAVE to find another wagon and you KNOW the 2 we have are "terribad" but offer nothing else in return or any kinda argument of why our wagons for today are bad
2. You are actually bold enough to come in here and say you already have the SK narrowed down to like 3 or 4 people..........are you joking I mean seriously are you kidding here based on what would you have any evidence to say who the SK would be here?
Just so you know a bit about me, I'm not exactly a rookie anymore, and I only subbed in this game as a favor to OTI.
I base my reads on tone and general impressions. Im not the kind of player who poasts long winded analysis of every poast someone else has made.
My reasons for narrowing down the SK are sound, I find that discovering neutral power roles thru tone reads is one of the easiest parts of a werewolf game. I might be wrong, and if so my read will change.
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive