Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #601
corsakh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
corsakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flip'landia
Posts: 12,150
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Two posts above I was responding to card/mdom about Beer.
corsakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 AM   #602
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakh View Post
I don't know, apart from that spite vote on jobean, he did not really stand out too much to me, but I have already played with him a couple of times so kinda expecting this to happen. So ye, a fair reminder to all the new guys here that some people just act silly and can not help themselves. Its more about why they are acting they way they are acting rather than how. Simply because their idea of this game and a good time in it can be very different from yours. And I can also think of conscious reasons why he would do something like this on d0, namely give pups a super easy wagon to hop on.
continuing along this line of thought what do you make of karak's vote on beer yesterday?
Was 4th on his wagon iirc based on beer's wolf list post.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #603
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Hello again guys: Here's my idea on things so far after my first proper analysis. There is a lot of noise about ITT but my basic leanings are:

VILLAS

BEER, MDOM, STARK: Mostly because Kershardla went after them D1 and was a wolf.

NIGHTWOOD: Said dnky was a villa today when he was already dead. Would have to be a pretty good level if it came from a wolf who nkilled him.

LEAN VILLA

BITCHIE BEE: Tone only.

CORSARK: Good Helpful Villa Posts.



LEAN WOLF

WER: Defended by Kesh before his wolfy death. But otherwise posts are very helpful to the village so could be ok.

Bingo Bango: For voting Beer D1.

Malgin: For turning up very late D1 and voting with no real reason.

Djstu: All his accusations d1 were against villa like people (beer, stark, WU). fishy, but could just be confused d1 villa.

Mrs button: All over the place at the end of d1. Felt like he jumped on WU but jumped off quick when it looked like he was lynched to avoid looking suspicious.

NO IDEA: Everyone else.

I am looking forward to day 3 or 4 where we can really look closer at who goes and why.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #604
corsakh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
corsakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flip'landia
Posts: 12,150
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Um, Card, you are asking a lot more questions than I remember you doing.
corsakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:28 AM   #605
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Ok basically just got up and reading everything since EOD yesterday.

First I'd like to say that looking back I hate my vote on WU but there really wasn't much better. When I started writing my big long post there was only like 2 - 3 votes on him. When I saw I made like 7 or 8 it was too late... A wolf wagon wouldn't have gotten that much steam and I think some of the later votes might be wolf candidates.

I'm a little confused by the SK kill but I think it was probably mostly random and I doubt it had a lot of sound logic to it. Still... I'm not sure why kill Kesh. At any rate if he (or she) wants to take out the other 4 wolves then that'd be fine by me!
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:29 AM   #606
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakh View Post
Um, Card, you are asking a lot more questions than I remember you doing.
I think i'm probably just posting more than I normally do.
Was actually thinking pregame how I should go more tag and not ramble so much, but got into the thread and rambled.

But you're right I should be speaking my mind more and asking questions less, was really only asking because it was your point that made me think of it.

I think Karak's actions yesterday were a bit wolfy.
His using beer's list as a reason to vote him looked like an excuse to me.
Also he defended jobeen's vote on beer and then jumped on the wagon.
This looks like a wolf defending his actions before making them imo.
So for now

Karak
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #607
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
At any rate if he (or she) wants to take out the other 4 wolves then that'd be fine by me!
orly ?
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #608
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Ok basically just got up and reading everything since EOD yesterday.

First I'd like to say that looking back I hate my vote on WU but there really wasn't much better. When I started writing my big long post there was only like 2 - 3 votes on him. When I saw I made like 7 or 8 it was too late... A wolf wagon wouldn't have gotten that much steam and I think some of the later votes might be wolf candidates.

I'm a little confused by the SK kill but I think it was probably mostly random and I doubt it had a lot of sound logic to it. Still... I'm not sure why kill Kesh. At any rate if he (or she) wants to take out the other 6 wolves then that'd be fine by me!
FMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwood View Post
orly ?
Fixed. Oops - I fail. Was thinking of a different game that I was in with 5 wolves. Actually it was the SSFR game that I modded.
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #609
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
FMP

Fixed. Oops - I fail. Was thinking of a different game that I was in with 5 wolves. Actually it was the SSFR game that I modded.
I think I'll add a villa point to your score in my book.
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:38 AM   #610
corsakh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
corsakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flip'landia
Posts: 12,150
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
I'm a little confused by the SK kill but I think it was probably mostly random and I doubt it had a lot of sound logic to it.
Is that so, sir? You played two games with him, one long and a turbo just a few days ago. I thought you might have some sort of insight.
corsakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #611
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakh View Post
Is that so, sir? You played two games with him, one long and a turbo just a few days ago. I thought you might have some sort of insight.
with kesh or with the serial killer?
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #612
mburke05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mburke05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ruling with an iron pocketbook.
Posts: 11,930
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
mburke05

He voted for me every single day in the SSNL game (just go search his posts in that thread, here's a link) despite having terrible/no logic for doing so (I think he finally got around to putting together some reasons on, like, d4 maybe?). That was his great contribution to the village, voting for me aimlessly every single day. Now he's starting it up again in this game despite having zero possible reason to (even if he was seer, no n0 peeks, and I hadn't even posted ITT yet when he started throwing **** my way), so it seems like there's two possible scenarios here:

1. He's a wolf looking to start a ******o wagon on me, or
2. He's a villager and is going to be completely unhelpful because he's going to continue his streak of voting for me every single day with no reason.

If it's the latter, I really don't give a ****, because he brings absolutely nothing to the table to help us.
wait wat.

i was a villager, and i voted for you consistently with sound logic for doing so and you ended up being a wolf. you didn't post the entire day (just like in the SSNL game). how does that make my action wolfish? further, how is your action not in direct conflict with your last statement given you posted once in 2 days?
mburke05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #613
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mburke05 View Post
wait wat.

i was a villager, and i voted for you consistently with sound logic for doing so and you ended up being a wolf. you didn't post the entire day (just like in the SSNL game). how does that make my action wolfish? further, how is your action not in direct conflict with your last statement given you posted once in 2 days?
Is this true goofy? You're accusing him of being a villager voting for a wolf constantly?
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:46 AM   #614
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakh View Post
Is that so, sir? You played two games with him, one long and a turbo just a few days ago. I thought you might have some sort of insight.
I don't follow your logic that the SK would kill someone just because they played together before. Explain please?
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:50 AM   #615
mburke05
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
mburke05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ruling with an iron pocketbook.
Posts: 11,930
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwood View Post
fwiw, beer doesn't appear wolfy to me. rather a villa that wants to stir up things.
i def agree w/ this. and i don't think beer has put forward anybody that would help us find a group of wolves even if he was one. it would be a stretch to say the least.

and i can respect that you have work goofy, just don't be a hypocrite about it and give me **** for not contributing when i did, with work.
mburke05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #616
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Is this true goofy? You're accusing him of being a villager voting for a wolf constantly?
QFIwannaknowthistoo
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #617
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

ok took some advice from yeserday and took notice of a few select players, so far im finding jack frosts random **** flinging a bit wierd and aggressive. all tho this could just be part of his game. someone did mention this was so earlier but only because jack hadn't been flinging much at all. at which time jack started to attack random people. personaly i found this a bit suspect like someone had pointed out a tell and he ajusted. (see post #302)

jumanji's vote for wrath in the last 4 minutes was a bit suspect in my eye's but have'nt look to deaply into that yet i wiil look into it more now but just wanted to put it out there.
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:57 AM   #618
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeen View Post

jumanji's vote for wrath in the last 4 minutes was a bit suspect in my eye's but have'nt look to deaply into that yet i wiil look into it more now but just wanted to put it out there.
meant 4 mintutes before night was called
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #619
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Is this true goofy? You're accusing him of being a villager voting for a wolf constantly?
lol. I looked into this and yeah it's true.

mburke voted for goofy every day and goofy was a wolf.

However to be fair mburke didn't use a lot of reasoning the first couple of days in regards to it.

Could be a sick read (like felix has on me) or it could be that mburke just likes voting goofy, guess we'll have to wait and see.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #620
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

god so many spelling mistakes in that post i suck at typing
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #621
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeen View Post
jumanji's vote for wrath in the last 4 minutes was a bit suspect in my eye's but have'nt look to deaply into that yet i wiil look into it more now but just wanted to put it out there.
I wouldn't read too much into this tbh.
If the wagons were v-v yesterday then late voting and switching doesn't mean a lot.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:03 AM   #622
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

First, gj getting Keshaldra, serial killer. Kesh comes across as wolfy mcwolfenstein and I actually was planning on not voting him for a while just bc he's always going to look wolf to me. But Serial Killer definitely either:

1) Went for whom he thought was a lilkely wolf, or,
2) Killed at random.

No offense to Kesh but I doubt he was killed because SK thought he was a strong player.

My guess would be that SK's plan is to stay somewhat UTR, but not so much so that he becomes the target of wagons. His game plan is probably to get peeked, judging by how he went for a wolf, and try to maintain equilibrium during the game. We'll have to see who he kills tomorrow to confirm though, but my guess is he goes for a strong, vocal villie tonight.

Soulread: WinEvryRacex is villager. Win wears his soul on his sleeve though.

Villa lean: cardassian - tho I've never seen card be this vocal; his wolf game was pretty transparent.

Wolf lean: BitchiBee, JumanjiBoard, A.Ertbjerg, BingoBango. I'd say 2/4 of these are wolves.

Wolfie: djstu - went along with Kesh's ILB wagon suggestion. Both of them suggesting it was a good wagon but not voting till after starkwired started the wagon. He also suggests a wolfy strat that would help expose RedRanger.
Wolfie: Karak567 - lynch this man at some point pls.

corsakh probably has to go at some point; guarantee you'll all think he's a wolf at one time or another, but in general he spreads mass confusion and bad ideas. He's already started in this game by suggesting we lynch an AFK Day 1. I have a villa lean on him for now but dude, pls not be tarding up this game.

Cleared from NK's: I_Like_Beer. And trust me he's not a wolf this game.

Really sucks we didn't get tri-wagons going yesterday. Sucks even more that we had v-v wagons, so we aren't gonna learn much. Wolves prob didn't push either wagon yesterday, and maybe a few tossed in a vote so they look like they are participating, but I'd be willing to bet that half of them had random votes or no vote at all. Also, since it seems that the wagons were v/v, a good wolf strategy would have been to push leave their vote on random wagons, as this would help to out the Red Ranger.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #623
Brian.
banned
 
Brian.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,676
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

I'm gonna post a review of all 3 dead players in a minute, but first to continue the Star Trek discussion: ST: Enterprise is so good Season 3-4, esp 4.
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:07 AM   #624
corsakh
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
corsakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Flip'landia
Posts: 12,150
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
I think i'm probably just posting more than I normally do.
Was actually thinking pregame how I should go more tag and not ramble so much, but got into the thread and rambled.

But you're right I should be speaking my mind more and asking questions less, was really only asking because it was your point that made me think of it.

I think Karak's actions yesterday were a bit wolfy.
His using beer's list as a reason to vote him looked like an excuse to me.
Also he defended jobeen's vote on beer and then jumped on the wagon.
This looks like a wolf defending his actions before making them imo.
So for now

Karak
My initial impression was it was more of an emotional vote, trying to protect a newbie (jobeen) from Beers accusations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
if jobeen is an inexperienced player, i'd hold off. i was mislynched a lot my first few games because i did just this. i had no idea what else to do, so i'd read everything, make a weak read and then vote on it... and all of a sudden that made me a wolf and i was mislynched.
corsakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:12 AM   #625
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corsakh View Post
My initial impression was it was more of an emotional vote, trying to protect a newbie (jobeen) from Beers accusations.
It could of been but i'll leave my vote there until i hear something from him.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive