Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #3476
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

I will say stark did a good job of seeing an opening to get jumanji to do something ******ed when I announced I was stepping away from the thread
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #3477
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
I wanted Slink and djstu wanted BB, but neither of us was super strong. I went back through Slink and he looked less and less like the SK, and BB fit most of our criteria so we killed BB.

FWIW we were like 99% positive I was dead that night anyway because of my slip regarding the card NK that djstu called me out on for protection. That was a huge error that I regretted and figured ****ed me over.\

Also, I was the one gunning for you from d1, lol.
Haha, i was thinking djstu would be the first to go for a while! Only a few people were massively pushing for the SK hunt and me as sk (brian, and djstu were waaay the TOP 2).

Given as how the wolves were 100% SK hunting for 2 nights in a row (me, brian). I thought the village might pick up on that.

I was pretty annoyed @ village when i went out but I kinda felt a lil bad watching that, won't be giving up in future games.

Also, it's a shame the SK didn't win .
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:19 PM   #3478
Senor Cardgage
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Senor Cardgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The good times are over!
Posts: 9,686
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
1. Others have been posting at night, so why can't I?
2. Hmm, this would look pretty villa, I'll probably get a penalty, but oh well.
Haven't read this game except for the very end, but yeah, this is decidedly not cool.

Your thought process was: "I'm going to break the rules because that will help me win the game."

FWIW, I read some of atak's game where he started instituting penalties and kind of hated the idea. It encourages people to break the rules.

If you say "Don't do x", most people will not do x, even if there is not set punishment. They just think x is wrong.
If say you "Do x and y will happen", you get people thinking, "Well, y isn't so bad; might as well!" It becomes almost an EV calculation to some.
Senor Cardgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #3479
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Perhaps not, but I think the fact that I spent hours of my life on this ****ing thread and posted more than anyone else only to lose the game like this gives me a right to be pissed off
Like what exactly? The village not being able to kill a single not peeked wolf?

The angle sucked, sure, but village lost this game.
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #3480
OnThInIcE911
€øñƒµ§êÐ
 
OnThInIcE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: G.O.A.T.
Posts: 27,989
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

IMO If I could choose the winner for this game BITCHIBEE would be it.

Also LOL at Jobeen thinking I would ever rig flips. That post made me laugh.
OnThInIcE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:21 PM   #3481
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

djstu imo, you guys need to give him more credit, he was in charge of most of the night decisions
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #3482
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThInIcE911 View Post
IMO If I could choose the winner for this game BITCHIBEE would be it.

Also LOL at Jobeen thinking I would ever rig flips. That post made me laugh.
You mean you don't rig flips?
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM   #3483
Senor Cardgage
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Senor Cardgage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The good times are over!
Posts: 9,686
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
which I am certainly acknowledging as being true, I just don't want you think I was trying to do anything other than present myself as a villa, there was nothing malicious about it
The problem here is that presenting yourself as a villa is how wolves go about trying to win the game. People don't cheat or angleshoot because they're trying to be evil or ruin the game for others. They do so because they want to win, which is exactly what you were doing.

Not trying to make this into some huge thing, but I think you need to know why it was wrong.
Senor Cardgage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #3484
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnThInIcE911 View Post
IMO If I could choose the winner for this game BITCHIBEE would be it.
Me too.

Fracking well played Bitchi you rocked.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:24 PM   #3485
Caedus
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Caedus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Mystic Falls
Posts: 18,366
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
Sorry I wasn't here yesterday, by the time I remembered about this game I was at Mother's Day dinner (kind of more important). Honestly, I've been very curious about the flipping system and think they are just lynching the villas in a w/v situation to make the game closer. I could just be throwing out poo but I've seen 3-4 situations in my time where the team losing gets the benefit of the flip. I can't remember the other flip so far (there was a 3 way flip wasn't there?) but that didn't go in our favor either.

Goofy, you said you were seer cleared. Can I see the post? You drive this game and if you weren't seer cleared after I thought someone said that then my votes are Jobeen and you. You keep calling me and Brian w/v, but now I'm getting a strange strange feeling that you and Jobeen have resorted to getting off my wagon because you are focusing on Brian.

You mentioned don't kill Jobeen to find her partner if she's a wolf. Are you the partner? . If you aren't a seer cleared wolf, then as much as I like you, you need to go. There is no way we can win if you are a wolf because everyone trusts you so much. If you were seer cleared, then I apologize and will reread whatever is needed to make a different decision.
thanks for reminding me of this OTI

Jumangi, when I saw this, I wanted to slap you

There is no ****ing way either me or OTI would rig a flip. Period.

Also, it's pretty darned difficult for the flip to lynch a wolf, when only villagers are in the flip...
Caedus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM   #3486
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
Also, it's pretty darned difficult for the flip to lynch a wolf, when only villagers are in the flip...
Try harder, imo
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:27 PM   #3487
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

lol

Loved the way djstu gave me a dog biscuit for joining his wagon on a villa.
Thought that was funny as.

Also thought jobeen did well spotting the wolves at the end but knew nobody would listen to her.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:28 PM   #3488
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightwood View Post
Like what exactly? The village not being able to kill a single not peeked wolf?

The angle sucked, sure, but village lost this game.
For one thing, in the only other long game I've played the village also sucked at killing non-peeked wolves; we had almost no help from our seers this game. And in addition to that, it's not fair to say we wouldn't have gotten some of the wolves that the SK took care of for us. I knew RiverFenix and mburke were wolves and eventually would have led successful wagons on them if BB didn't get to them first.

Still waiting on BB's writeup as to how he soulread everyone.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:29 PM   #3489
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

And yeah, djstu you played very well, though you were def the person I most suspected of being a wolf after Jumanji going into today.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:30 PM   #3490
nightwood
veteran
 
nightwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sydney
Posts: 2,447
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
For one thing, in the only other long game I've played the village also sucked at killing non-peeked wolves; we had almost no help from our seers this game. And in addition to that, it's not fair to say we wouldn't have gotten some of the wolves that the SK took care of for us. I knew RiverFenix and mburke were wolves and eventually would have led successful wagons on them if BB didn't get to them first.

Still waiting on BB's writeup as to how he soulread everyone.
Sure, I'm with you. Just don't point all the blame on OTI

Waiting for Bitchi and for our seers .
nightwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #3491
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caedus View Post
thanks for reminding me of this OTI

Jumangi, when I saw this, I wanted to slap you

There is no ****ing way either me or OTI would rig a flip. Period.

Also, it's pretty darned difficult for the flip to lynch a wolf, when only villagers are in the flip...
was just a troll lol. Also my name is Jumanji, not Jumangi.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #3492
gtpitch
making sick bumps
 
gtpitch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: posting topless
Posts: 33,706
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Wow OTI and Caedus sick job. You can't be perfect and quite frankly people shouldn't be angleshooting *******s. But I don't think you could've gotten away with a modkill there because you didn't modkill any villagers for night posting.

Stark, wtf dude. You guys had the game wrapped up surprisingly after wolves were getting picked off left and right. You guys nailed both seers and the SK all in a row. Not cool... seriously not cool

To everyone else... wish I could've been around more and wish we could've had that fun discussion the day after I should've been lynched and didn't. Makes it especially fun after finding out that WER was the RR.

To BB... **** you dude. **** you hard
gtpitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:31 PM   #3493
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

that night post was a dirty angleshoot. i was talking to caedus when it happened, and i agree with what he thinks.

however, i yield to the mod's decision. it's his game, and i can understand him not wanting to throw a wrench in it by mking a wolf late.

however, please don't do that again.

thanks for modding OTI.

last standing villas: this is not your fault. according to what caedus told me, a seer-peeked wolf was one of the final 2 wolves, which is a mistake on the part of the seers. the wolves seer hunted well, and the seers did not live long enough.

well done wolves.

well done BB.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:32 PM   #3494
I_Like_Beer
old hand
 
I_Like_Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Brewery
Posts: 1,352
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Beer View Post
BTW, I'm raising Stark's wolf % to 90%
Apprently no one in the village saw this final post by me.

I appologize to Mdom for going after him so fhard for being SK. I had a hunch. You did a good job of defending yourself though, and by the end of the night, I was fairly convinced you were village.

I appologize, (but not really) to jobeen for going after her. It had the nice side effect of you being a really good villager from then on out. I take credit for that.

I have a feeling that the wolves got BitchiBee because of this post . I'm assuming that the wolves did not NK one of the seers and that Bitchi did one of the seer NKs (am I right?). That is why they killed Brian, because of that post. When he didn't turn up SK, they looked for other possible seer cleared villas, and Bee was a high probablity one. I take credit for the wolves finding the SK

No offense to the seers, but when both of you peek djstu, and djstu is one of the last wolves alive, that is lol bad. I hope we all learned from this game how not to play a seer

And finally, my mislynch was lol bad.

Am I right?
I_Like_Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #3495
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Wow OTI and Caedus sick job. You can't be perfect and quite frankly people shouldn't be angleshooting *******s. But I don't think you could've gotten away with a modkill there because you didn't modkill any villagers for night posting.

Stark, wtf dude. You guys had the game wrapped up surprisingly after wolves were getting picked off left and right. You guys nailed both seers and the SK all in a row. Not cool... seriously not cool

To everyone else... wish I could've been around more and wish we could've had that fun discussion the day after I should've been lynched and didn't. Makes it especially fun after finding out that WER was the RR.

To BB... **** you dude. **** you hard
its ok, we can be masons next game

im a new power role every game so im gonna be one fo sho.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:34 PM   #3496
WinEvryRacex
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
WinEvryRacex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Gone
Posts: 12,923
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
that night post was a dirty angleshoot. i was talking to caedus when it happened, and i agree with what he thinks.

however, i yield to the mod's decision. it's his game, and i can understand him not wanting to throw a wrench in it by mking a wolf late.

however, please don't do that again.

thanks for modding OTI.

last standing villas: this is not your fault. according to what caedus told me, a seer-peeked wolf was one of the final 2 wolves, which is a mistake on the part of the seers. the wolves seer hunted well, and the seers did not live long enough.

well done wolves.

well done BB.
actually, the wolves only hit bingo. but i'll let bitchi tell his story.
WinEvryRacex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #3497
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Who killed card and who killed chaser?

And again, why the **** did you guys NK oobrian on the last night?
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #3498
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Who killed card and who killed chaser?

And again, why the **** did you guys NK oobrian on the last night?
we killed card, hence the whole blowup about this being a super wolfy post by me and djstu having to protect and call me out on it

00brian we killed because we figured that if the final 3 were me, jobeen, jumanji (which we thought it would be), this would be better than any other final 3

we thought that killing jobeen would backfire because of how first level the whole game had been and obv we were never killing you...jumanji we wanted to keep around too

should add that this was probably not the best decision in retrospect, but it seemed like the right choice at the time
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:41 PM   #3499
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Like_Beer View Post
Apprently no one in the village saw this final post by me.

I appologize to Mdom for going after him so fhard for being SK. I had a hunch. You did a good job of defending yourself though, and by the end of the night, I was fairly convinced you were village.

I appologize, (but not really) to jobeen for going after her. It had the nice side effect of you being a really good villager from then on out. I take credit for that.

I have a feeling that the wolves got BitchiBee because of this post . I'm assuming that the wolves did not NK one of the seers and that Bitchi did one of the seer NKs (am I right?). That is why they killed Brian, because of that post. When he didn't turn up SK, they looked for other possible seer cleared villas, and Bee was a high probablity one. I take credit for the wolves finding the SK

No offense to the seers, but when both of you peek djstu, and djstu is one of the last wolves alive, that is lol bad. I hope we all learned from this game how not to play a seer

And finally, my mislynch was lol bad.

Am I right?
You're right
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #3500
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

chaser is the only one who really peeked djstu and could have told us, right? Bingo peeked djstu on the night he died.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive