Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2009, 07:21 PM   #3026
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

card I haven't looked into jumanji at all lately but fwiw I like karak for now.

If Karak is a wolf it 100% clears oobrian, which is pretty helpful.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:22 PM   #3027
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

has anyone noticed that both oobrian and jumanji refuse to defend themselves either this is terrible village play or wolves running out of excuses imo
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #3028
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Goofy agree that karak is a good vote here, I also like jumanji.

They are the only 2 i'll vote today.

Also won't be around at EOD as I have a meeting at 1:30pm NZtime which is EOD.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:23 PM   #3029
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

stark reread:

d1:

- 221: defends mdom, asks ppl voting him for their logic
- 222: stark's wolf list has gtpitch, ainex, me, djstu, slink, bingo, oobrian. three of those remain alive - of the four who are dead, one was a wolf.
- 223: says jack frost is SK, mdom is the 3x.
- 233: says kesh/corsakh have a hardon for him being a wolf at the start of every game. since they were both wolves, not sure if this could be w/w/w putting on a show.
- 253: brings up beer lying about his role in a previous game and votes him
- 309: doesn't mind wagons on jobeen (for making a sketchy post), mburke (for allegedly playing differently than in the ssnl game, though I didn't feel that was necessarily true), and me (b/c i'm goofyballer)

d2:

- 534: lols at mburke for perma-voting me
- 535: votes for me
- 539: unvotes, says he just wanted to see my reaction, which is typical stark button-pushing
- 658: thinks karak is fishy for the way he handled the beer wagon d1 (waiting a few mins to see if beer responds) and votes him
- 659: looks at a jobeen post where he votes jumanji and says "wtf, why would you suspect him at this point"
- 666: says corsakh could be a wolf masquerading as the ****** but he wants more evidence before voting him, next post corsakh is like "haha, stark talking about ******s", this is the 2nd instance of there being back and forth between the two of them
- 669: more back and forth w/ corsakh, stark says that even if cors is annoying he sees no point in killing him if he's villa, but demands stark become more helpful
- 670: next post, corsakh responds with "more helpful? compared to who, to you? are you kidding me?" imo it feels weird for corsakh to go off and be such a dick to a villager so early on because it puts unnecessary heat on himself. it doesn't strike me as super unlikely for this to be w/w.
- 699: asks gtpitch about what he thinks about karak, stark thinks karak is wolfy and gtpitch thinks he's villa
- 703: says that just agreeing with gtpitch is prob a lolbad idea
- 706: argues with karak about who has the bigger e-peen, unvotes him a few posts later though as he thinks that how karak is defending himself is villager-y
- 770: djstu makes a tl;dr post implicating brian, stark says "good post, am I wolfy for immediately wanting to hop on that wagon? lol." kinda weird post to make imo.
- 771: says that I still look a bit wolfy to him. this seems weird tbh because by this point I was already playing quite differently than I did as a wolf in the ssnl game and nobody else really thought I was wolfy at all.
- 774: suspicious of gtpitch early, but doesn't want to kill someone yet who could be helpful to the village - this is the same thing he said about corsakh fwiw
- 780: defends WER as likely villa
- 787: thinks brian looks best
- 820: has now changed his mind on karak and thinks it's obv he isn't a wolf - he later says this is based on voting suggestions and the way he responded to stark's accusations
- 833: responds to gtpitch asking why stark thinks karak is a poor choice now by saying that his mind was swayed for the above reasons and he won't protest too loudly against a karak wagon
- 835: votes brian again, quoting a gtpitch post where gtpitch says "anyone voting for brian needs to gtfo now"


d3:

- 1139: stark now agrees brian is prob villa based on gtpitch being revealed as a wolf
- 1220: asks mrsbutton to explain his thoughts about cardassian1.0 (who he thought was village), jobeen (villa), and ILB (wolfy) in more depth
- 1222: asks malgin to explain his vote for nightwood
- 1223: makes a villa/wolf list. villas: me, WER, corsakh (flip flop!), nightwood. wolfs: mrsbutton, malgin, mburke. says one of mrsbutton/malgin/nightwood has to be a wolf, possibly two. we now know it's actually 0.
- 1227: helps get a mrsbutton wagon going (was the 2nd person to vote for him after brian)
- 1230: after mburke leaves lolbad seer cover, stark asks hypothetically why he would peek those two
- 1244: points out that mburke and djstu both approved of ertburger/card2.0 wagons
- 1372: asks me to hop on mrsbutton with him
- 1375: is ok with jumping onto mburke because of the crap he spewed earlier
- 1415: points out that it's odd that malgin/button aren't saving themselves

d4:

- 1443: goes through chaser's posts after he's NKed as seer, seems like two peeks are corsakh = wolf and last one is either ILB=villa, goofy=villa, button=wolf, or mburke=villa, then votes corsakh
- 1457: wants ppl to elaborate on why we should save corsakh for later cause it seems silly to him
- 1567: says UTRs are a bad wagon because they're getting modkilled anyway so they're a wasted lynch
- 1719: once corsakh claims seer, jumps on the "we can't vote him today" train
- 1728: points out to me that riverfenix is a wasted vote when I try to get a 2nd wagon going on him, later says that he agrees we need to look into RF the nexts day though.
- 1765: agrees w/ me that it seemed corsakh/bingo/mrsbutton are all wolves, I turned out to be epicly wrong though
- 1778: thought slink's posting still voting for corsakh after he claimed seer was fishy

d5:

- votes corsakh
- 2232: thinks today's analysis is only going to be partially useful because of how the NKs will shape our information...
- 2245: ...and says it's wolfy when I'm like "only if the NKs reveal some dramabombs." tbh I think it's weird as hell that stark would remotely think I'm wolfy at this point since there was like a negative % chance that I could be a wolf

d6:

- 2383: looks at a bunch of brian posts and thinks he could be the SK
- 2429: agrees w/ me that karak is a good wagon and votes him
- 2431: says nightwood isn't a bad lynch but I might be reading too much into him
- 2443: doesn't think brian is a wolf but is fine with wagoning him as an SK candidate
- 2461: asks me/brian to address karak, which I don't quite get since we already said we wanted to wagon him
- 2496: likes oobrian today after more recent developments and thinks he's def a better kill than nightwood/karak
- 2507: asks djstu why he's chiming in with random one-liners lately
- 2531: calls out beer for making a ******ed throwaway vote in a close race

Some minor suspicious stuff in here but little to nothing that really makes him look like a wolf, I'm not 100% clear on him but given the cast of characters we have left (and the fact that we have to go 2 for 3 in our remaining lynches) I think we have to put stark in the "if he's a wolf, then gg, you beat us" category.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:24 PM   #3030
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Interestingly BitchiBee thought both Karak and Jumanji were wolves and definately had the best reads in the game.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:26 PM   #3031
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

absolutely terrible if you guys vote for me. ive done absolutely nothing to warrant getting suspected of being a wolf, and it's going to put you in a really tough spot.

im fine with 00brian and jumani, but i am an awful, awful vote.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:37 PM   #3032
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
absolutely terrible if you guys vote for me. ive done absolutely nothing to warrant getting suspected of being a wolf
Are you just ****ing with me at this point and saying it to put me on tilt? I've told you like 5 times how not true this is.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 07:58 PM   #3033
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
NIGHTWOOD

I told him I'd start the wagon on him today since yesterday it didn't get very far. He's been active enough to give us plenty of information in the chance (small imo) that he is a villa.

I think info on Nightwood at EOD will also help us on Corsakh, Brian and Jobeen.

Corsakh keeps changing his vote and either is clueless or is trying to cause confusion on wagons.

Nightwood defended Brian and Jobeen against people that started wagons against them on d1.

Just some thoughts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
Some of us actually play poker and don't chat on the forum at the same time. I am not eastern time, nor do I wake up at the beginning of days just to play werewolf. Right now I'm voting for Nightwood, but would easily hop on a Brian wagon if it got rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if Corsakh has not been around since being accused of being a wolf.

You're right Brian when you say I don't post much, but I've posted this game over 20 times. I didn't post 20 times until at least day 4 last time. I don't need to post 30+ times in a day to tell you what I think.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
I've already said my leans several times and all I hear is that it's out of spite (not true).

My leans are wolfs in order of who I think is most are Nightwood, Brian, WER + Gtpitch + Jobeen 3rd.

Everyone else at this point I feel is villa. To the lynching people for info, I meant there would be better people to lynch than me (because im villa) who will give you way more info regardless of if they're villa or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
You can read my posts earlier, I also said corsakh was on my wolf list!
Ok the first 2 posts are the only times Jumanji mentions cors before he claims he was on his wolf list (after we knew cors was a wolf).

Now the first post is so wishy washy that I don't think that can ever be seen as saying cors is a wolf.

The second post isn't exactly I think cors is a wolf either, the most that could be read out of it imo is maybe he has a slight lean here.

Then the third post we see Jum's wolf list and there's no cors on it.
In fact he says everyone who isn't on it he feels is a villa.

So at this stage he has cors as a villa.


Then he starts up with the I told you cors was a wolf.

Why the lies here jumanji?

I also feel it's real dodge how he won't answer how much ww he's played outside of 2+2. We know it's some but whenever asked he says things like that's not really important.

Now it might not be in a game where soah, luckayluck, atakdog, nicholas etc... are playing but in a rookie game I think knowing how experienced the other players are is quite important. I also don't see why a villager would ever feel the need to hide it.

Also I feel that either Jum or brian has to be a wolf.

In my first game I was a villa, I then played a turbo with McAvoy and we wolfed together, from that turbo we both felt confident the other was a villager as we knew that the other one wasn't playing their wolf game.

I really don't see how they could of wolfed together (especially in a game that had day chat) and both read each other as wolf if they were both village. To me this says one is wolf (and lying) and the other is village (and reading the other right). As Jum has already been lying my conclusion is he's the wolf.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 PM   #3034
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Also can we agree that if we lose we can blame the ****ing seers for getting NKed on d3/d4 and leaving us a combined total of like 2-3 peeks?
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:03 PM   #3035
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Also can we agree that if we lose we can blame the ****ing seers for getting NKed on d3/d4 and leaving us a combined total of like 2-3 peeks?
Yep, especially considering that the peeks were so fracking muddled we were never sure who they were until they died.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #3036
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

On the topic of seers tho, in my first game one seer got nk'd first night, the other seer got subbed and then the sub got modkilled for not posting.

We still nearly one but the last wolf pulled off leading the village for the last 3 days to win the game.

I think all the dead villagers were screaming at their monitors at that stage (i know i was).
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:11 PM   #3037
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Damn, now I feel the need to point out that seer is a really, really difficult role tho.

Definately the hardest I've played. One little mistake and you feel like you've taken down the village by accident.

Heaps of pressure. Really, really stink positiono to be in.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #3038
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

OK, guys just checking out this evening's action.

Karak is looking lol wolfy, but I think 00brian is still a better vote today. djstu not saying anything (guarantee he will chime in after this though), makes me even more suspicious although I guess I shouldn't talk since I've been quiet today...

still think karak/mdom...00brian are the wolves, if 00brian isn't a wolf gg me I dunno wtf to think (jumanji? mehhhhh)
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #3039
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

oh also, goofy I'd imagine you are dead tonight, being the only semi-cleared one left, so get your money's worth
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #3040
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

jumanji reread

d1

- 238: first post talks about the myth of experienced players helping out the village, b/c experienced wolfs can totally run the game
- 301: comes out w/ a vote for jobeen with the weird logic about her being new or whatever
- 381: quickly unvotes, admits he contradicted himself cause it's a rookie game, takes a stab at dnkyhunter
- 386: says if he goes down as villa, look at who started the wagon and who hopped on
- 392: jumps on nightwood wagon since nw came out and randomly attacked him, encourages people to join him
- 408: accused dnkyhunter of hurting the village last game. dnkyhunter got NKed n1. not sure what to make of this.
- 410: responds to riverfenix calling him too UTR
- 413: unvoted nw and jumped on WU at EoD without giving much of a reason. however, since the wagons were v/v, there's not much to read into here.

d2:

- 723: jumps out on nightwood again. I don't hate his logic here, I played my first turbo last night where I used the same logic (I know I'm a villa and this dude voted me d1 for no reason) to nail keshaldra as a wolf.
- 779: defends himself against accusations of being UTR, accuses corsakh/brian a little.
- 782: accuses gtpitch of being a wolf who comes across a lot like another wolf did in a previous game he played. looks like a good read.
- 803: unvotes nightwood cause it didn't look like anyone was interested (again, wtf, he was the leading wagon at the time) and switches to brian.
- 913: likes nightwood/brian/WER as wolves, but WER less so than the other two. thinks that one of the people "leading" the village is likely to be a wolf.
- 951: puts jobeen back in his "neutral" list
- 958: thinks ppl coming in and voting for malgin last minute are strange. unfortunately, once again all of our wagons were villas.
- 962: defends jack frost as playing the same as other games where he was villa

d3:

- 1118: doesn't understand why ppl think he's a wolf. I don't really understand either so far.
- 1141: back on nightwood
- 1171: after my re-read of d1, gave a snarky reply of my read on him at the time (which was slightly wolfy) which looking back on I think seems villa
- 1393: hesitant to vote mburke cause he hasn't been paying attention to him at all
- 1404: won't jump on any of the M wagons b/c he doesn't know enough about them. mburke was wolf, mrsbutton/malgin was v/v. does not vote.

d4:

- 1574: defends his slight UTR-ness as being normal for him and says he's been right a lot so far.
- 1577: nightwood and brian are still top two candidates, thinks there are lots of UTR wolves.
- 1612: points out corsakh was also on his wolf list
- 1667: votes corsakh

d5:

- 2102: thinks ainex is wolfy, getting kinda self-righteous about how the village is ignoring him when he's been right about everyone so far (except the two main wagons he's been trying to start the whole game though he can't know that yet). not sure how I feel about the way he auto-accuses ainex of being wolfy just b/c ainex accused jumanji.
- 2136: responds to accusations from bitchi about him being non-committal and defending himself too much, by defending himself too much, and gets all self-righteous about how he's the only one who's always been right and why won't anyone listen to me and blah blah. don't know what to make of this.
- 2139: adds to this by saying that obv he's going to defend himself when he gets accused, more indignation
- 2182: still thinks brian is a wolf
- 2214: asks brian if he's worried that jumanji's been right about everyone he's accused so far
- 2253: still harping on brian
- 2312: points out again he had corsakh on his wolf list early on (in response to accusation from nightwood)

d6:

- 2442: says that out of everyone he's accused, only brian/nightwood/jobeen are still alive, and jobeen is playing similar to how he played as a wolf his last game
- 2484: votes nightwood
- 2500: card2.0 is like "we should lynch you tomorrow if you're wrong", jumanji says "that's fine"
- 2520: thinks oobrian is ok wagon too

d7:

- 2618: is ok with ppl starting wagons on him given that he messed up on nightwood, but still wants oobrian and jobeen
- 2669: votes jobeen
- 2712: switches to ILB

d8:

- 2848: jumps on the card2.0 wagon with me.
- 2849: his picks for last two woofs are card2.0 and oobrian.
- 2888: says at first he thought jobeen was a bad wolf but now just thinks she's a bad player.
- 2917: unvotes and goes for oobrian, says that jobeen making last day scares the hell out of him too.



Cliffs: I think from d1-d3 Jumanji is looking super villager-y, but I did get more suspicious with him starting around d4 onward. I lean villa on him but am suspicious.

fwiw if karak is a wolf then looking at jumanji as his partner might prove fruitful. but I think we should lynch karak before jumanji.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:22 PM   #3041
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
oh also, goofy I'd imagine you are dead tonight, being the only semi-cleared one left, so get your money's worth
Haha, you bet I am!

And plz, plz, plz can we lynch karak tonight instead of oobrian. Grant a dying man his wish!
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:42 PM   #3042
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

00brian is a far superior lynch than i am

i dont know what else to tell you guys

ask me questions if you want ill do anything to prove im villa
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:52 PM   #3043
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

@ karak who do you think the f2 woofs are and why?
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #3044
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
About Jumanji, he's posted alot so I'm not going to quote every. But please read everything, this guy has not committed to any action, in every post he has gone out of his way to tell us, "oh my hand was force", "I came here within 5 minutes of eod and now I'm so confused oh noes!!"

And he has defended everything he has ever done vehmently to every accusation. Something I feel only a wolf would do.

Please read his posts fellow villagers, and come up with your own (and hopefully that hes a wolf) conclusions.


I think considering Bitchibee's mega reads we should at least look in to his read on jumanji



Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
There's a difference between skimming and reading. Jack Frost clearly said he was just f'ing with me because we are friends outside of this game. Ye, my joining and starting wagons on Nightwood is so bad considering we've gone 0/2 so far on other peoples choices. A+



Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
Some of us actually play poker and don't chat on the forum at the same time. I am not eastern time, nor do I wake up at the beginning of days just to play werewolf. Right now I'm voting for Nightwood, but would easily hop on a Brian wagon if it got rolling. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems as if Corsakh has not been around since being accused of being a wolf.

You're right Brian when you say I don't post much, but I've posted this game over 20 times. I didn't post 20 times until at least day 4 last time. I don't need to post 30+ times in a day to tell you what I think.



Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post
NIGHTWOOD

I told him I'd start the wagon on him today since yesterday it didn't get very far. He's been active enough to give us plenty of information in the chance (small imo) that he is a villa.

I think info on Nightwood at EOD will also help us on Corsakh, Brian and Jobeen.

Corsakh keeps changing his vote and either is clueless or is trying to cause confusion on wagons.

Nightwood defended Brian and Jobeen against people that started wagons against them on d1.

Just some thoughts.


I searched jumanji using the keywood corsakh and these are the only ones that he mentions corsakh and although he does mention corsakh at no point does he put corsakh on any wolf list.
WHY LIE


Quote:
Originally Posted by JumanjiBoard View Post

I told you that Corsakh and GT were on my wolf list earlier, yet no one listens. Do I really have to make 100 posts a day to be heard?

(dunno where we're at).

This post was made during the lets not maj vote the wolf debacle and at this point we all knew corsakh was a wolf. Its easy to post in hind sight but you should really remember what lies you are telling jumanji
YOU DID NOT PUT CORS ON ANY WOLF LIST

This to me feels like a wolf trting to cover his paw prints and hoping nobody will take the time to check this.



The following posts are just to remind everybody that i didn't just jump on jumanji for no reason i did put some thought into this


Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeen View Post
2)

jumanji's vote for wrath in the last 4 minutes was a bit suspect in my eye's but have'nt look to deaply into that yet i wiil look into it more now but just wanted to put it out there.




Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeen View Post
i had begun to look into jumanji becuase i didn't relly know much about him and found that throughout the game he has very strongly gone after villa's a majority of the time i had found the posts so i could quote them but my computer had spaz and i lost them so for now will just leave the names of the villa's he pushed so you's can think about it while i find the quotes again

Nightwood
AinexBrain
and me there is only two occations i remeber him talking about the wolves corsahk and gtpitch
i do also recall him sticking up for mburke so will go back now and post quotes soon
if im totally on the wrong track please let me know would like to hear others thoughts on jumanji at the moment.









post 2868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
Jobeen i dont like Jumangi because Cors tried to push him a few times and even voted for him at one stage.
is it unusual for wolves to push one of there own at some point to try and seem more villa later in the game?
MY REPLY (i f88ked up the quote thingy)
Quote:
remember this is my first game but it does seem to me that wolves voting wolves is bound to happen in a game like this for a few reasons but mainly because it seems a bit dodge if they make further along in the game and haven't voted a wolf at some point they can't go back and say "see i voted for a wolf here so therefore can't be one myself"

does that make sense?

so if you haven't got it yet I THINK JUMAJI IS A WOLF
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #3045
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
@ karak who do you think the f2 woofs are and why?
im not sure, and i think tonight's vote and nk will tell us a lot (even though i think they will nk goofy for sure)

i think 00brian trying to force us to a quick vote yesterday and trying to end any discussion about other possible wolves makes him definitely look wolfy

however there are a lot of people not posting as much as the rest of us

djstu
jobeen
jumani

very easy for them to fly under the radar and win this easy as we pick each other off
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #3046
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

how long till EOD it's monday here im a little confussed
can someone post a vote count to please
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #3047
jobeen
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: my place
Posts: 169
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

BY the way do i get some kind of prize for being a centurion now you know like they do in sports
jobeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #3048
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

karak reread

d1:

14: "hi let's get some woofs and a serial killer"
154: doesn't post again until next morning, defends himself from brian's accusation that his first post was wolfy
163: says it's silly to lynch experienced players on d1, thinks brian is just trying to be involved and making lolbad accusations
284: thinks beer is spewing wolf hard, makes the "I will wait a few minutes to see if he responds" post that generated so much controversy early on
285: wants to hold off on voting jobeen just b/c she's inexperienced, says he was mislynched a lot his first few games as a villa because of this
297: votes beer
346: defends jack frost as being standard play for him

d2:

675: goes wtf @ JD's first post, I didn't think anything was too off about it though
676: responds to stark voting karak due to #284 by saying that if anything, withholding votes is villager-y.
700: responds to stark again, saying he's trying to put pressure on beer to spew wolf.
704: gets in e-peen contest with stark about who's played more WW zomg
709: leaning villa on stark being wolf, talking with gtpitch about it, thinks nightwood is wolfy for just latching on
715: doesn't like one of oobrian's d1 posts about d1 wagons or something, thinks gtpitch can be a wolf but leans villa on him, says beer/gtpitch are mistakes at that point, should go for nightwood first
721: says "how am I one of the leading wagons? read my recent posts and find a better wagon guys." this general attitude he displays throughout the game (like "if you read my posts then CLEARLY you would know I am a villager you pedestrian douchebag") ****ing lifetilts me
742: responds to brian saying "for now" is the classic wolf tell by lolling at him and saying that wagoning him is going in the absolute wrong direction without really giving any logic why not.
- 743: says brian will feel stupid when karak gets mislynched and comes back villa...unless he's a wolf
- 746: says he sees this going the same way as the last game where crazed villas jumped all over him
- 759: more ppl need to post, thinks most wolves are UTR (for the record, at this point gtpitch and corsakh were both posting a lot, mburke was posting a small amount, riverfenix was utr and keshaldra was dead).
- 767: says "great post djstu" in response to djstu implicating brian
- 788: says the same thing again basically
- 811: votes brian

- 1019: kind of a wolfy post except for the fact that all the wagons were villas - karak jumps on jack frost 1 minute before EoD, who he had defended multiple times before, with the logic "only because I trust caedus" (super wolfy thing to say, remember gtpitch being like "you suuuuure? only b/c I trust you!") and because of a tone read (which seems like bs because jack frost had kept the same tone throughout the game and karak had been defending him for that previously).

the one thing that bothers me about this is just that there were no other serious wagons going that day that weren't villa, so it's not like karak is protecting someone by jumping on jack frost like that. maybe the wolves were 3x hunting so they wanted to force it to a flip? after all, if karak had stayed on brian (who, reading his previous posts, he CLEARLY thought was more wolfy than jack frost), the final tally would have been brian 7, jack frost 5, and the wolves gain no info about who the 3x is. by forcing a flip, the wolves have an easier job hunting the 3x. thoughts on this theory?


d3:

- 1102: card1.0 points out that karak looked dodgy for his late switch, karak responds by again saying "it was a mistake but I trusted caedus, I dunno. I should have stayed with brian." wolfy.
- 1136: tries to spin the caedus NK as making him seer-hunt cleared, which I think is pretty obviously not true
- 1224: keeps going back to "why did I vote for jack frost late? because caedus told me to." has now changed his tune on brian.
- 1235: again wants to focus on UTRs. mburke was posting more now which made riverfenix the only known UTR wolf at that time.
- 1278: said mburke and nightwood are very possibly both wolves. hrm.

d4:

- 1513: apologizes for missing EoD cause of scrabble or something. is now back on the brian train.
- 1546: defends himself from nightwood accusations. this is this last post d4.

d5:

- 2339: pops in at EoD and votes corsakh. a few posts later says "sup" after I say "oh look who decided to show up." these are his only d5 posts.

d6:

- 2358: sorry he hasn't been active lately, asks what roles are left and who is seer cleared
- 2388: defends himself as not being SK because the SK is obviously good and he is obviously not, thinks brian might be SK but is not a wolf
- 2453: votes nightwood after I post the big long thing about him. this kinda starts a trend of karak blindly following whatever wagons I start.

d7:

- 2626: votes jobeen
- 2659: doesn't think ILB is the SK, makes weak defense for himself again
- 2698: shows up at EoD to defend himself and tell ppl to get their votes off of him
- 2727: unvotes and goes for beer to try to save himself
- 2737: defends himself from bitchi accusations that he lied about not coming back for EoD by saying it was cause of irl events out of his control, and whatever he had to do that night was cancelled
- 2739: continues on that line of defense

d8:

- 2847: asks who started the ILB wagon and says we should go after them, also says card2.0 is looking super wolfy (this is after the big post I made about him)
- 2850: votes card. says a lot of his read is related to tone. the big case I presented about him had NOTHING to do with tone and everything to do with actions, and before that pretty much nobody suspected card2.0 at all. I think this sounds like flimsy logic for jumping on board, as if he wants to get the wagon going on a villa without sounding like he was just blindly following me.
- 2859: again says he won't be back until EoD (it's 6:15 when he makes this post), but
- 2887: is back at 7:45 to hop on JD wagon when it looks like card isn't taking off.


jumanji is a possible partner if only b/c they've never said **** about each other the whole game and they both were the only two people who hopped on the card2.0 wagon after I tried to start it.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:07 PM   #3049
O0Brian0O
adept
 
O0Brian0O's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,123
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

i am fine with a karak or jumangi wagon, vote count?
O0Brian0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #3050
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

[0] cardassian voted for JumanjiBoard
[0] djstu
[0] goofyballer voted for Karak567
[0] jobeen
[1] JumanjiBoard
[2] Karak567 voted for O0Brian0O
[0] mdom88
[2] O0Brian0O voted for Karak567
[0] starkwired voted for O0Brian0O

jobeen, EoD is in 20 minutes
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive