Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #2876
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

And about mdom - think for a moment about what yesterday's lynch accomplished for the wolves - we lynched one one of the villas who was least likely to be a wolf out of anyone. Having people like that gone is huge for the wolves once they nail the SK. Of course he would (and did) argue that it would be ******ed for him to put his ass on the line like that if he was a wolf, and yet here we are 2 hours before EoD and nobody's even talking about him at all.

We're not gonna catch the remaining wolves with level 0 thinking. I don't think it would have been difficult for mdom to have predicted things would turn out this way.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #2877
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

OK, seeming as this could be my last day I'm going to get some reads out there and explain things to the village that I want to make sure they know.

So i'll start with my reads at this stage.

Villagers:

100% - cardassian ldo

99% Goofy. I say 99% here because I think he's most likely a seer peeked villa, the 1% is that i could of read the peek wrong again (been known to happen not only in this game).

98% Slink. Honestly slink's just so villa it isn't funny. If he's woof he deserves to win, but he's not woof he's villa here like always.

96% Jobeen. The more you've posted the more I read you villa, especially in the last few days.

96% Starkwired. Have done a total reread of stark and I can't see anything wolf in his posts, I could be wrong as beer was so sure on him but I really can't see it.

96% DJstu. Re-reading his posts he spews villa all over the place.

91% Jumunji. Note this is a neutral lean as there are 11 players so 91% was people's starting point. Jumunji played really weird the only time i've played with him before. I think a lot of what his said makes me think villager, but I also think he's good enough to play this good as a wolf.

87% mdom. I really expected a lot more from a villager mdom tbh. I've seen mdom make plays I only dream about and pull them off perfectly. The fact he's been so quiet worries me, but he reads as quite villa.

86% 0ObrianO0. Seems almost too utr to be a wolf. Played exactly the same in the last game I played where he was a wolf. Would he really play exactly the same way as wolf again is the question. Also don't like the way he trys to clear himself by pointing out he didn't try and save himself, very weird.

85% Karak. Every time I read his posts I think it's a wolf talking. Have never felt this before when playing with karak. This really raises my suspicion. Notice a lot of the players that have been suspicious of him have played with him before as well. However he did leave a village tell in the early voting. Could that of been on purpose is the question.

85% J.D. If it wasn't for gtpitch spewing him wolf and J.D. spewing himself wolf yesterday I'd think he was a villager.


Interesting situation to be in where I think one person reads wolf but spewed villa and one person looks village but spewed wolf. The question is are my reads (on tone) or my reads (on tells) better?
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:13 PM   #2878
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
85% J.D. If it wasn't for gtpitch spewing him wolf
Link? All I remember about the gtpitch-JD relationship is that gtpitch very nearly got JD lynched on d2 by jumping on his wagon when the votes were pretty close.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #2879
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:22 PM   #2880
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

tbh I don't think that's where the serial killer goes when he dies
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #2881
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinEvryRacex View Post
GTP jack frost gogogoogog
Really??

Ok... but only because I trust you...

jack frost
Here gtpitch transfers the blame so jack's mislynch doesn't bring heat on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Caedus and WER (because I trust you both as villa)

Jack >>>> JD??? you're sure?
Here I think he sets up to receive future credit when J.D. turns up wolf.

I think it was part of his long term game plan as he was the unlynchable wolf.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #2882
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

I never really thought hard enough about how the wolves would try to use gtpitch's power to their advantage, but it probably makes sense to try to position him to make it as far as possible so that if/when he finally gets lynched, it's so late in the game that when he winds up NOT getting lynched, it cripples the village.

Does anyone have any better ideas?

The one problem I see with this is just that gtpitch was like a terribad wolf. He spewed so hard on d1 that even oobrian could see it, and the above reason for switching from JD->jack frost is like sososo obvious "ONLY BECAUSE I TRUST YOU! WINK WINK!"

...but if that was in fact the plan, then JD could indeed be a wolf.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #2883
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Yeah I actually think it's fairly important that we try to figure out what the wolves' plan for gtpitch's power was. For example, if my above theory is correct, that pretty much completely clears oobrian because outing gtpitch on d1 is a major blow to his chances of making it deep. It helps oobrian's chances of going deep, of course, but if the plan was for gtpitch to be the one to do that cause of his power, then oobrian wouldn't have done that as a wolf.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #2884
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtpitch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrsbutton View Post
everyone get off JD
You just said 2 min ago you liked him best

And you're on Brian why?
I also think this backs it up.

It was an earlier post where not only does he get to quote mrsbuttons saying get off JD (to reinforce that people should get off JD) but he gets to put heat onto a villager. When JD came up wolf he would of been able to point to earlier posts to give himself villa points and give mrsbuttons wolf points (of course this wouldn't work if J.D. was village).
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #2885
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

And for now (although I'm welcome to hear differing views depending on what you guys think), I think I like JD more than card.

JD
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #2886
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Goofy I am happy to keep mdom on the radar. I could vote for him if everyone is happy to switch.

I really cant see a wolf posting a list like Card just did. Especially when I agree with most of it.

But after losing beer last night I am not happy with losing Card. He is a least a high posting useful guy who I have always had down as a villa. We can always reanalyse his posts later with a bit more info. The way we are going you or me are going to be stuck at the end with 3 UTR guesses going into the final few. If things dont turn out good, we can look at it again. Would OTI seriously replace a wolf with a previously killed villa? That would just confuse the cra p out of everybody. If it is true then that is a pretty bad mod play if you ask me.

I do have a fear of being mutil levelled here but that can wait.

But unless Brain wants to participate i say get rid of him. The fact he and mdom have left their vote till the end says a lot imo.

Vote 00Brian
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 PM   #2887
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

i agree on keeping card alive for now, even though i still really think he can be a wolf. need to take a look at him tomorrow big time.

JD seems the most logical choice after him
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #2888
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobeen View Post
Im gonna
vote jumanji


for now and see what comes of it
i dont like the way he or karak just popped in then to vote. both have been asked questions and i don't think they have been answered all that well
Jumanji if you are villa please prove it.
I really really don't think I have to explain myself yet again. At first I thought you were a bad wolf, then I thought I made a mistake, and now I just think you are a bad player. Talk about no substance posting.

You don't see me posting vote jobeen because she's a girl. Your reasonings for me are just awful lol.
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #2889
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

@ slink I disagree on your final few senario.

I think as the most cleared villas the wolves are going to nk you and goofy pretty soon. They'll leave the most suspicious characters til last as it'll be harder for the village to clear them.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #2890
O0Brian0O
adept
 
O0Brian0O's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 1,123
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
00Brian00 if you are even reading this thread at all please explain why you didnt vote at end of day in this situation:

[0] Cardassian(For A.Ertbjerg) - DannyKGB
[0] Ainex - 00brian00
[0] BitchiBee -
[0] Brian - o0brian
[0] djstu - dannykgb
[0] goofyballer - O0Brian0O
[0] I_Like_Beer - jobeen
[4] DannyKGB(For IlyaMuromec) -
[1] jobeen - nightwood
[0] JumanjiBoard - nightwood
[1] Karak567 - nightwood
[0] mdom88 - nightwood
[4] nightwood - karak
[4] O0Brian0O -
[0] J.D.(For saymond) - dannykgb
[0] Slink - DannyKGB
[0] starkwired - O0Brian0O

If you are village Brian please just give a little bit of input as you are screwing this village up by gathering heat on yourself by being UTR.
i wasnt around at end of day, im usually not
O0Brian0O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:56 PM   #2891
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
@ slink I disagree on your final few senario.

I think as the most cleared villas the wolves are going to nk you and goofy pretty soon. They'll leave the most suspicious characters til last as it'll be harder for the village to clear them.
True. Flip a coin tonight goofy. GG!
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #2892
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O0Brian0O View Post
i wasnt around at end of day, im usually not
R u going to be around at the EOD today?

If not you should vote first.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM   #2893
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O0Brian0O View Post
i wasnt around at end of day, im usually not
What are your thoughts on todays vote mate. At the moment I am going to vote you unless you can convince me you are villa. And if you are a villa please try to do that.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:15 PM   #2894
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

O0Brian is better than JD imo.

We have 2 mislynches before we get into a mustlynch scenerio. It's important we don't FPS ourselves trying to guess wolfy strategy, we should be lynching the people we're most conflicted on/suspicious of so the situation becomes less of a cluster****.

If we get a wolf than awesome, but if we don't and we get no real concrete evidence pointing to someone I think we should seriously considering lynching one of the 3 UTR players atm (karak, jumanji, jobeen). It's gonna be hard as hell to get reads on them and having to rely on them to make good choices in possible f5/f3 mustlynches scares the **** out of me.

My reads in case I die tonight:
-Goofy=villa, practically certain
-Card=villa, pretty sure
-mdom=villa, pretty sure
-Slink=villa, moderately sure
-Jobeen=villa, moderately sure, strikes me as an extremely bad player more than anything else.

Possible Wolves:
O0Brian= his d1 home run on gtpitch could be wolf on wolf violence, the wolves didn't have a night chat before d1 so they couldn't plan anything really complex and he could have just been trying to set up cover for himself.
Karak= he's been amazingly unhelpful so far, and pretty UTR, I would think as a villa he'd make more of an effort.

Neutrals:
Starkwired= He's been acting pretty villa, but that comment yesterday just sets off alarms in my head, plus the fact that he didn't die last night... I don't know what to make of it, but I can't clear him atm.
Jumanji= He's been pretty UTR, and frequently points out that he shouldn't be lynched because he's been constantly right. It strikes me as a likely defense a wolf would take late-game, saying he's too valuable to be lynched because he's the only one with a clue. It's easy to never lynch a villa when you have perfect info. But other than a gut read I don't have anything else on him, so, eh.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #2895
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

If you guys don't like JD then fwiw I like karak as a wagon way more than oobrian
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #2896
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu View Post
O0Brian It's gonna be hard as hell to get reads on them and having to rely on them to make good choices in possible f5/f3 mustlynches scares the **** out of me.
Totally agree that this is a scary senario.

Imageine a f5 of

Jumunji
Karak
Jobeen
0ObrianO0
J.D.

how the hell would anyone be able to work out who the wolves are?
then one villa makes a mistake and votes a villa, both wolves jump on it, maj night gg.

We can't let this happen.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #2897
J.D.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
J.D.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Around...and around
Posts: 17,749
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post

85% J.D. If it wasn't for gtpitch spewing him wolf and J.D. spewing himself wolf yesterday I'd think he was a villager.


Interesting situation to be in where I think one person reads wolf but spewed villa and one person looks village but spewed wolf. The question is are my reads (on tone) or my reads (on tells) better?
can i ask where I did this? I would like a chance to explain/defend myself as to why you think that way.

That said, I have zero problem with someone NOT clearing me simply because a wolf decided to vote me, it is a tactic I could see a wolf using to get to end game.
J.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #2898
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
how the hell would anyone be able to work out who the wolves are?
then one villa makes a mistake and votes a villa, both wolves jump on it, maj night gg.
Haha, I think it would be hilarious in this situation if the villas all agree to not vote anyone - then the wolves either expose themselves by voting last minute, or we force the wolves to FLIP FOR THE LYNCH

But yeah I think we should lynch karak over oobrian today if that's the route you guys want to go.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:25 PM   #2899
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardassian View Post
Totally agree that this is a scary senario.

Imageine a f5 of

Jumunji
Karak
Jobeen
0ObrianO0
J.D.

how the hell would anyone be able to work out who the wolves are?
then one villa makes a mistake and votes a villa, both wolves jump on it, maj night gg.

We can't let this happen.
I'd be all for killing jobeen asap, her in any must-lynch scenerio would just be aweful.

Except I think if she's a wolf than I'm the Cat in the Hat, and intentionally lynching somebody we don't think is a likely wolf would be so so bad right now.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #2900
cardassian
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Wishing I was in Brighton
Posts: 1,510
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
hmmm, well mdom has wanted him all along, and made a good case of it. so that leaves Jumangi and you as jumpers on correct?
Here J.D. have already talked about it in my case for you and why I think it's a wolf tell, especially when read in conjunction with gtpitch.
cardassian is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive