Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #2651
mdom88
Pooh-Bah
 
mdom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,834
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
I feel pretty ******ed too but I'm not about to give up

fwiw I read ILB's early posts in that other game you mentioned and it's a total 180 from his posting style in this game + the SSNL game. I don't think you can give him credit for, in this game, being really good at "faking" his SSNL villa style when he failed utterly at it as a wolf in the other rookie game.
and he got lynched asap in that second game

he wasnt on that level in the 2nd game but now he is after he feels he failed the 2nd game. he went over ideas over what he could do differently and what might work, then bing bing bing

imo
mdom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #2652
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
doubt he's wolf, wasn't he peeked?
I don't think so, we cleared him after kesh died iirc.

Also I like how you say my logic for not wagoning you is bad, then agree with me that you're probably gonna get nk'ed tonight a paragraph later. It made me smile.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #2653
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

I don't really feel like I need to defend myself but if you really think the chances are that high I'm the SK, think about how likely the wolves are to NK me based on how I soulread RiverFenix and mburke and how meticulously I've been analyzing everyone's posts looking for wolves, and then think about how likely it is that I'd put myself in their crosshairs like that if I was the SK.

tbh a big reason why I feel yesterday's wagon could be v/v/v is the fact that I didn't get NKed for engineering that situation.

fwiw I highly, highly doubt ILB is a wolf, not due to peeks or anything like that but just due to his posting style which, like I said, is very similar to the SSNL game and drastically different from his wolf performance in the other rookie game that mdom mentioned.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #2654
mdom88
Pooh-Bah
 
mdom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,834
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
I posted this right after chaser got axed. We know that corsakh was like 99% one of the peeks and two of the other potential peeks were wrong, so his other peek was either goofy or ILB as villa. He had only two, right?
hmmm guess i missed that. prolly not a wolf then but i'm still confident hes the cereal killer
mdom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #2655
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

It would be great if BB, Card, etc. could chime in some more, it's really just like 4 or 5 us going back and forth here which is only so productive.
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:52 PM   #2656
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

I'll go beer because at the very least I think we do actually get some information from his death based on who is pushing him right now, and mdom's death is pretty much assured if he's wrong
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #2657
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by djstu View Post
Getting rid of the SK appeals to me, we've got such a big advantage atm that stopping one of the nightkills is pretty attractive.

He's done a scary good job of killing wolves so far, but if we can't kill the last 2 with an 12/2 villa/wolf ratio then I'm just gonna quit ww entirely.
and I think this is good logic to go for the SK instead of focusing on wolves like I have been
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #2658
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

hmm
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #2659
Karak
ELIte
 
Karak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 62,729
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

i wont be back for eod, but voting me is a huge mistake. im very clear villa here, and several of you have made good reads on that. yes im not posting much, however that's because of IRL events beyond my control, and i simply didnt have time to read everything.

also, i don't think ilb is the SK, but he definitely has a 5-10 % chance of being him.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #2660
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
Killing a potential SK is a much better result for the village than killing someone who is like 80% villa (jobeen).
I dont agree. I would rather go for the wolves than the SK at this point as I feel it could be up to about 4 different people.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 PM   #2661
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
hmm
oh look the guy who's played 5 turbos between his last post in this thread and the above mindblowing contribution
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:04 PM   #2662
OnThInIcE911
񃵧
 
OnThInIcE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: G.O.A.T.
Posts: 27,989
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

[0] Cardassian(For A.Ertbjerg) - danny
[0] BitchiBee -
[0] djstu -
[0] goofyballer - ILB
[3] I_Like_Beer - unvote
[1] DannyKGB(For IlyaMuromec) - jobeen
[3] jobeen-
[0] JumanjiBoard -
[0] Karak567 - jobeen
[0] mdom88 - ILB
[0] nightwood -
[0] O0Brian0O - stark
[0] J.D.(For saymond) -
[0] Slink - jobeen
[1] starkwired - ILB

as of #2661
OnThInIcE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:12 PM   #2663
Slink
centurion
 
Slink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 192
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

ILB dying right now would be a travesty as he is one of the only people we can rely on for being non wolfy. Picking the SK is a very difficult thing and I think it is best left till later and hoping we get lucky with wolf nk's.

The way things have been going to wolves are trying to kill the SK and the SK has been going for wolves, so lets keep it that way and maybe they will take each other out.
Slink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:20 PM   #2664
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

I'm kinda looking at it like this:
- mdom is right, we nail SK
- mdom is wrong and guarantees his death, which I don't really hate as I've felt something is off with him for awhile, I can never tell if it's a wolf feel or SK feel but I just don't like his play in this game
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #2665
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak567 View Post
i wont be back for eod, but voting me is a huge mistake. im very clear villa here, and several of you have made good reads on that.
One of the things that tilts me the most about you is the way you always say **** like this as if it should be so obvious to anyone with half a brain when in fact, it isn't. If you want to be a helpful villa in the future you really need to cut this out and actually explain logic behind why ppl shouldn't think you're a wolf.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #2666
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
ILB dying right now would be a travesty as he is one of the only people we can rely on for being non wolfy. Picking the SK is a very difficult thing and I think it is best left till later and hoping we get lucky with wolf nk's.

The way things have been going to wolves are trying to kill the SK and the SK has been going for wolves, so lets keep it that way and maybe they will take each other out.
I honestly think we have better leads on the SK than the wolves at this point. Cutting our worst possible villager loses to 2 per day instead of 3 would help us so so much.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #2667
BitchiBee
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 24,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
oh look the guy who's played 5 turbos between his last post in this thread and the above mindblowing contribution
Good to see you've been stalking me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
I'll go beer because at the very least I think we do actually get some information from his death based on who is pushing him right now, and mdom's death is pretty much assured if he's wrong
I've taken you off my radar after the Caedus NK and you got off the mburke thing and started making helpful posts, but your recent posts are fishy. ILB did a stupid thing in his first long game so he's too dumb to be an sk? This is something nightwood would say but not something I expected from you.

And your pushing that mdom's death is assured is very anti-village as mdom explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdom88 View Post
one other thing about you thinking i'm just shifting suspicion: if I am SK and we mis lynch ILB based on my accusal of him being an impossible role, then you're obviously gonna end up gunning for me either tomorrow or later if i make it that far. so it would be a pretty craptastic job by me to cover myself
I don't think an sk would be so actively pushing an sk wagon at this point, when he could be blending in. Mdom's posts feel very villagery, so going out and giving telling the wolves that "hey guys! we be lynching mdom tommorrow if he is alive" for this dumb reason is bad.
BitchiBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #2668
goofyballer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
goofyballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 70,901
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
ILB did a stupid thing in his first long game so he's too dumb to be an sk?
I don't think he's good enough to be THIS SK, who is godmoding his wolf kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
And your pushing that mdom's death is assured is very anti-village as mdom explained.
How? mdom agreed that this was true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
I don't think an sk would be so actively pushing an sk wagon at this point, when he could be blending in. Mdom's posts feel very villagery, so going out and giving telling the wolves that "hey guys! we be lynching mdom tommorrow if he is alive" for this dumb reason is bad.
Could a wolf be pushing an sk wagon, though? The wolves would love for us to lynch the SK so that they don't have to waste a NK on it, and obv because they want the SK gone as much as we do.
goofyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #2669
JumanjiBoard
See my DFS Coaching Thread
 
JumanjiBoard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: SDSU got the fake experts mad
Posts: 11,622
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Although I think some of you make some nice points about ILB, I was the first one on the Jobeen wagon and I won't stop now!

JOBEEN
JumanjiBoard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:40 PM   #2670
I_Like_Beer
old hand
 
I_Like_Beer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: The Brewery
Posts: 1,352
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
And the other thing I really don't like about this is that the 3 posts in a row you made on the subject involve about 4x as much effort as you've put into the rest of your posts this game combined. With the timing, I can't help but feel like you're making a really really hard push at shifting suspicion onto someone who might have outed you, since this only comes after ILB accused you of being the SK.

Not to mention that you completely ate up the d1 posts he made as being posts that ILB would totally make as a villager and defended him very hard early on for the same reasons you're now accusing him of being the SK.

...and lastly, we don't need an ILB wagon if he's the SK. We should make the wolves kill the SK for us.
QFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkwired View Post
There are like 5 players left capable of being the SK, you, mdom, ILB, djstu, and BitchiBee. If it is anyone else I'll eat my hat.

I'd rate %s something like this:

you- 20%
mdom- 10%
ILB- 40%
djstu- 25%
BB- 5%

I don't think any of the other people left are capable of doing this. Karak is possible, but I'm going to rule him out because I think it's a gazillion times more likely he is a wolf than the SK.
You forgot one person on that list: You


Quote:
Originally Posted by Slink View Post
ILB dying right now would be a travesty as he is one of the only people we can rely on for being non wolfy. Picking the SK is a very difficult thing and I think it is best left till later and hoping we get lucky with wolf nk's.

The way things have been going to wolves are trying to kill the SK and the SK has been going for wolves, so lets keep it that way and maybe they will take each other out.
QFT

BTW, lynching me is beyond dumb. Cause it's a given fact that I'll be NKed either tonight or tomorrow night. I will be really surprised if I make it any farther. why? because I am one of the only few people actually trying to find wolves here

Here are my percentages:

Mdom: 40% chance he is SK. 50% chance he is wolf. 10% chance he is villie
Goofy: 40% chance he is SK. 5% chance he is wolf. 55% chance he is villie.
Stark: 15% chance he is SK. 45% chance he is wolf. 40% chance he is villie. I base this off of his huge defense of jobeen. Either stark knows jobeen or is villie cause he is a wolf, or they both are wolves)
Slink: 5% of him being the SK. 20% chance for wolf, 75% chance for villie.

Beer: 100% chance he is plain old villiie.
I_Like_Beer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:41 PM   #2671
OnThInIcE911
񃵧
 
OnThInIcE911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: G.O.A.T.
Posts: 27,989
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

[0] Cardassian(For A.Ertbjerg) - danny
[0] BitchiBee -
[0] djstu -
[0] goofyballer - ILB
[3] I_Like_Beer - unvote
[1] DannyKGB(For IlyaMuromec) - jobeen
[4] jobeen-
[0] JumanjiBoard - Jobeen
[0] Karak567 - jobeen
[0] mdom88 - ILB
[0] O0Brian0O - stark
[0] J.D.(For saymond) -
[0] Slink - jobeen
[1] starkwired - ILB

as of #2669

Where is everyone?

Last edited by OnThInIcE911; 05-07-2009 at 07:56 PM.
OnThInIcE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:44 PM   #2672
mdom88
Pooh-Bah
 
mdom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,834
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
I don't think he's good enough to be THIS SK, who is godmoding his wolf kills.



How? mdom agreed that this was true!



Could a wolf be pushing an sk wagon, though? The wolves would love for us to lynch the SK so that they don't have to waste a NK on it, and obv because they want the SK gone as much as we do.
1. I said that I would probably be lynched tomorrow, not that I would be nK'd tonight. i don't see why you guys are so sure that i get killed if i'm wrong here. although, if we end up not even lynching ILB then it's prob 100% that i get nk'd tonight.
mdom88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #2673
djstu
old hand
 
djstu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: grinding nl25 for a wii
Posts: 1,544
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchiBee View Post
I've taken you off my radar after the Caedus NK and you got off the mburke thing and started making helpful posts, but your recent posts are fishy. ILB did a stupid thing in his first long game so he's too dumb to be an sk? This is something nightwood would say but not something I expected from you.

And your pushing that mdom's death is assured is very anti-village as mdom explained.
It's a bad idea to suspect somebody because you think his posts about the SK are "fishy". The SK isn't a wolf, he doesn't have buddies trying to shift attention anywhere else, he's alone and everybody wants him dead. There's no role that goofy could be in where he doesn't directly gain from killing the SK, it makes no sense to think he's intentionally misdirecting us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyballer View Post
Could a wolf be pushing an sk wagon, though? The wolves would love for us to lynch the SK so that they don't have to waste a NK on it, and obv because they want the SK gone as much as we do.
If the wolves aren't helping us find and kill the SK I'll be extremely surprised.
djstu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #2674
champstark
aka starkwired
 
champstark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 14,841
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

jobeen is just such a terrible kill, we have no evidence whatsoever except she has been UTR, and please look at the quoted post above to see how villagery it is

DannyKGB is a much more suspicious UTR if we want to go in that direction
champstark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:46 PM   #2675
mdom88
Pooh-Bah
 
mdom88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,834
Re: ROOKIE GAME THREAD!!! (9:30 pm EOD)

2. if i were a wolf, and i was so sure of my read on ILB, i would never EVER come out like this and draw so much attention to myself. the reward would be that we end up getting one more NK than normal. whoopty ****** doo. but of course me playing the way i have this game and going crazy on ilb today pretty much assures that i won't make it to the end of the game no matter what else happens. risk/reward imo
mdom88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive