Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Other than Well Named, who else are we about to "permanently" ban? Other than Well Named, who else are we about to "permanently" ban?

07-02-2014 , 11:42 PM
I'm with tom here fwiw. I've had no problems with diceman and I think he should be allowed to play, but needs to receive some type of punishment for sneaking back into POG. Glad I don't have to make that decision, but I think it's only fair to ban him for a certain period of time considering what transpired during the magic days.

With that said, he needs to be on a short leash and if he gets out of line the hammer should be pulled out with the quickness.
07-02-2014 , 11:43 PM
free diceman
07-02-2014 , 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
How did this get discovered?
07-02-2014 , 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian
nobody compared magic's offenses to murder. dwetz was drawing an analogy about the process for banning and unbanning/imprisoning and paroling.
you are pretty clearly incorrect:

Quote:
is the correct response:

1) throw him back in jail
2) decide that he's "reformed" and let him go because he hasn't tried to murder anyone for a few months


only on POG is this much of a discussion
07-02-2014 , 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
How did this get discovered?
Domer2 started the case and we took it from there
07-02-2014 , 11:44 PM
mucks y u no mishmash anymore
07-02-2014 , 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
How did this get discovered?
Domer and someone else had a good read.

Domer posted in post game that it was me, Hoya asked and I said yes.
07-02-2014 , 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian
nobody compared magic's offenses to murder. dwetz was drawing an analogy about the process for banning and unbanning/imprisoning and paroling.
obviously

well, obviously to me anyway

in this case, a hell of a lot of due process was granted at every step

and the end result was the person getting banned decided they didn't like being told that they'd broken enough rules that they had to go, so they decided to break more rules to get what they wanted, and are now blaming that decision on "well the people that banned me didn't like me so it's invalid or something"

to which the responses are: 1) well, you gave a lot of people reason to not like you; 2) the people who don't like you can still be a hell of a lot more impartial about this than you can be about yourself; 3) even if by some miracle you're "right" that you were only banned because everyone doesn't like you for whatever reason, that STILL doesn't justify circumventing a ban
07-02-2014 , 11:48 PM
If only domer could make better reads in werewolf games
07-02-2014 , 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutigers5591
mucks y u no mishmash anymore
Work has been slammed over the last few weeks. I just started a new position so I don't have as much free time. I hope things start slowing down so I can play more. Hate I missed the world cup mash.
07-02-2014 , 11:49 PM
So gizz did like an 8 month sentence, which is longer than most "perma"bans last. And now we want to ban him again for x months after a year of a spotless record to punish him for circumventing the ban. Instead of just letting him do his thing, being a fine member of pog, and just keep him on a short leash. Obviously he's out of warnings and it's a snap life ban, but it doesn't seem like he wants to go back to ****ty sites. Seems like plenty of incentive to be normal
07-02-2014 , 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
Domer2 started the case and we took it from there
07-02-2014 , 11:50 PM
the reason the process for dealing with user issues with werewolf games in POG differs from the criminal justice system should be pretty obvious. That's why the analogy is so terrible. The analogy suggests that the process in POG is bad because it would obviously be bad if we were discussing convicted felons. But we are not in fact discussing convicted felons.

Which of course does not mean that diceman's attitude towards why he evaded the ban is not also pretty bad :P
07-02-2014 , 11:50 PM
I just realized....VoraciousReader modded Burn Notice, the notorious game that led to one permban (magic_gazz) and was a contributing factor in a second permban (McAvoy, who was eventually permbanned for Burn Notice + personally attacking VR in Scorsese game).

VR was one of the most active mods on POG. She stopped completely after Burn Notice.

Her FIRST game after Burn Notice was 14 months later with LES MIS. Magic_gazz was in that game as thediceman AGAIN, and gets modkilled. Unreal. you can't make it up. She's only ever modded a small vanilla since, and hasn't posted in months.
07-02-2014 , 11:51 PM
Why did crossnerd get unbanned out of interest?
07-02-2014 , 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
So gizz did like an 8 month sentence, which is longer than most "perma"bans last. And now we want to ban him again for x months after a year of a spotless record to punish him for circumventing the ban. Instead of just letting him do his thing, being a fine member of pog, and just keep him on a short leash. Obviously he's out of warnings and it's a snap life ban, but it doesn't seem like he wants to go back to ****ty sites. Seems like plenty of incentive to be normal
I would actually be fine with no more bans, but I think it might satisfy the ppl who were wronged by magic. Maybe not tho.
07-02-2014 , 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corycurren
First they banned the cheating McAvoy, and I did not speak out
Because I was not a cheater.
Then they banned the post-game rager BWG, and I did not speak out
Because I was not a post-game rager.
Then they came for the WIM-less dice, and I did not speak out
Because I was not WIM-less.
Then they came for me and my FPS and there was no one left to speak for me.
Amazing
07-02-2014 , 11:52 PM
Well hell, free McAvoy too if the bar is this low.
07-02-2014 , 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
lol

what was the point of this post?

just to get a little extra brown-nosing in?
Sun, on the other hand, should obv be permaed though
07-02-2014 , 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
I just realized....VoraciousReader modded Burn Notice, the notorious game that led to one permban (magic_gazz) and was a contributing factor in a second permban (McAvoy, who was eventually permbanned for Burn Notice + personally attacking VR in Scorsese game).

VR was one of the most active mods on POG. She stopped completely after Burn Notice.

Her FIRST game after Burn Notice was 14 months later with LES MIS. Magic_gazz was in that game as thediceman AGAIN, and gets modkilled. Unreal. you can't make it up. She's only ever modded a small vanilla since, and hasn't posted in months.
And your point is as it relates to diceman?
07-02-2014 , 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
Why did crossnerd get unbanned out of interest?
Spoiler:
07-02-2014 , 11:53 PM
Also, Tom. I may or may be a McAvoy gimmick.
07-02-2014 , 11:53 PM
werewolf unchained
07-02-2014 , 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by well named
the reason the process for dealing with user issues with werewolf games in POG differs from the criminal justice system should be pretty obvious. That's why the analogy is so terrible. The analogy suggests that the process in POG is bad because it would obviously be bad if we were discussing convicted felons. But we are not in fact discussing convicted felons.
deliberate obtuseness detected

but, let's review the process here in this case. Cliffs:

1) Can I come back?
2) No, after consideration, you can't
3) hahahahaha yes I can suckers
07-02-2014 , 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
So gizz did like an 8 month sentence, which is longer than most "perma"bans last. And now we want to ban him again for x months after a year of a spotless record to punish him for circumventing the ban. Instead of just letting him do his thing, being a fine member of pog, and just keep him on a short leash. Obviously he's out of warnings and it's a snap life ban, but it doesn't seem like he wants to go back to ****ty sites. Seems like plenty of incentive to be normal
How is it a spotless record to sneak back in and get modkilled for non-participation as a wolf after having been banned originally for non-participation in wolf games? It was obvious that this was going to happen when his attitude originally was, "Who cares, it's just a game, get over it" and when his attitude when applying for reinstatement was, "Everyone else gets their bans overturned, so it's time for me to get to play again." This is why he wasn't unbanned.

      
m