Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Other than Well Named, who else are we about to "permanently" ban? Other than Well Named, who else are we about to "permanently" ban?

08-07-2014 , 03:57 PM
There is enough here to warrant discussion but not enough to warrant the conclusion that our friend master is cheating.

Also domer is being a dick about it.
08-07-2014 , 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash
Master, when you "basically said that tauromancy has two meanings" to Vader, did you suggest that your team ask for clarification on tauromancy vs. tauromachy?
FYP
08-07-2014 , 03:58 PM
domer2
Inspector Gadget
08-07-2014 , 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplify
Also domer is being a dick about it.
shock shock horror horror
08-07-2014 , 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by well named
I was supposed to do something and I didn't and moocher told me I should change my undertitle to weasel
In Estonia we say "Oh my weasel" instead of "Oh my god"

#Atheists
08-07-2014 , 04:00 PM
I like to say Oh My Glob
08-07-2014 , 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by younguns87
Isn't anyone impressed that I knew the olmecs were from Mexico
Pretty sure our team's best answer was TheNothing's clutch apple knowledge
08-07-2014 , 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willi
In Estonia we say "Oh my weasel" instead of "Oh my god"

#Atheists
I don't know if this is true or 3rd world humor, but I hope it's the former.
08-07-2014 , 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokiri
Pretty sure our team's best answer was TheNothing's clutch apple knowledge
**** yeah!
08-07-2014 , 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokiri
Pretty sure our team's best answer was TheNothing's clutch apple knowledge
08-07-2014 , 04:02 PM
the old mods would have just banned domer for drama, regardless of whether his arguments have merit
08-07-2014 , 04:02 PM
cold read that **** yo
08-07-2014 , 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
I did and I stand by it, but that wasn't our answer
master3004 you got caught

i'd invite everyone to google tauromancy and realize the complete and total obscurity of his answer and the fact that nobody in a million years would possibly answer it without access to google. you cheated man. you're a cheat.

but its unprovable because ITS IN A PODCAST I HEARD ONE TIME (plz believe me)

so you'll claim innocence until the cows will come home & the naive/easily duped will get in line to defend you, but anyone and everyone who spends just the bare minimum of 30 seconds looking into it realizes you're a conniving, weaselly cheat.

cheating on some small-time trivia game isn't a big deal and obv i'm spending far too much time on this for reasons i don't even know myself, but cheating also undercuts the fun of the game for the dozens of people that are trying to play by the rules.
08-07-2014 , 04:05 PM
Tbh, the whole Tauromancy = bullfighting angle seems to be a previous quiz question typo alive on the web, whereas anyone making intelligent guesses about it would know Xmancy = using X as an oracle, so I conclude anyone who answered bullfighting is either a cheat or an ignoramus, and should be banned since we don't want either in pog
08-07-2014 , 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd
the old mods would have just banned domer for drama, regardless of whether his arguments have merit
08-07-2014 , 04:06 PM
08-07-2014 , 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
master3004 you got caught

i'd invite everyone to google tauromancy and realize the complete and total obscurity of his answer and the fact that nobody in a million years would possibly answer it without access to google. you cheated man. you're a cheat.

but its unprovable because ITS IN A PODCAST I HEARD ONE TIME (plz believe me)

so you'll claim innocence until the cows will come home & the naive/easily duped will get in line to defend you, but anyone and everyone who spends just the bare minimum of 30 seconds looking into it realizes you're a conniving, weaselly cheat.

cheating on some small-time trivia game isn't a big deal and obv i'm spending far too much time on this for reasons i don't even know myself, but cheating also undercuts the fun of the game for the dozens of people that are trying to play by the rules.
I completely agree with your last paragraph, which is why I would never do it. Your crusade on this is weird. I've played hundreds of games here. Why would I choose this one question on this one game to cheat on, especially when we already knew the ****ing answer? Kokiri gave us bullfighting, and I confirmed I thought that was the answer as well, but I'd also heard a word similar used in the context of Tarot cold reading.
08-07-2014 , 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
but cheating also undercuts the fun of the game for the dozens of people that are trying to play by the rules.
Making a massive dramabomb out of unconfirmable suspicions over a game on the internet undercuts it way more fwiw.
08-07-2014 , 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kokiri
Tbh, the whole Tauromancy = bullfighting angle seems to be a previous quiz question typo alive on the web, whereas anyone making intelligent guesses about it would know Xmancy = using X as an oracle, so I conclude anyone who answered bullfighting is either a cheat or an ignoramus, and should be banned since we don't want either in pog
+1

Morans
08-07-2014 , 04:08 PM
I've now read all of this and the trivia thread, and I think I'm just going to leave you guys to your own devices.

I know literally nothing about tarot cards / taromancy, and I know nothing about tauromachy (though the bull reference is pretty obvious), and it seems to me that conflating tarot card reading with "cold reading" would be easily done by someone trying to guess a trivia answer who HAD heard "taromancy" over and over again but didn't have a lock-tight grasp on what it means, and it seems to me that domer is going harder in the paint than the "evidence" warrants, and there were multiple earlier complaints about cheating that remind me a lot of people complaining about cheating in other unverifiable competitions where they're outmatched for some reason.

On the other hand, he's not insane to point it out and it's not like I'm hard-clearing master based on the above.

The reality is I have no idea, so I will do nothing. Trivia community can do whatever it wants.

That said, this is another example of a time where I don't want to moderate the community's wishes but I will moderate ongoing harassment, attacks, escalation, etc. All I want is this resolved somehow by people who care about trivia. Don't do the personal attack thing to get there.
08-07-2014 , 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPHoya
I've now read all of this and the trivia thread, and I think I'm just going to leave you guys to your own devices.

I know literally nothing about tarot cards / taromancy, and I know nothing about tauromachy (though the bull reference is pretty obvious), and it seems to me that conflating tarot card reading with "cold reading" would be easily done by someone trying to guess a trivia answer who HAD heard "taromancy" over and over again but didn't have a lock-tight grasp on what it means, and it seems to me that domer is going harder in the paint than the "evidence" warrants, and there were multiple earlier complaints about cheating that remind me a lot of people complaining about cheating in other unverifiable competitions where they're outmatched for some reason.

On the other hand, he's not insane to point it out and it's not like I'm hard-clearing master based on the above.

The reality is I have no idea, so I will do nothing. Trivia community can do whatever it wants.

That said, this is another example of a time where I don't want to moderate the community's wishes but I will moderate ongoing harassment, attacks, escalation, etc. All I want is this resolved somehow by people who care about trivia. Don't do the personal attack thing to get there.
fu hoya
08-07-2014 , 04:10 PM
So what we do about wn not doing his job?
08-07-2014 , 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amplify
There is enough here to warrant discussion but not enough to warrant the conclusion that our friend master is cheating.

Also domer is being a dick about it.
This is the correct post.
08-07-2014 , 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloobird
Making a massive dramabomb out of unconfirmable suspicions over a game on the internet undercuts it way more fwiw.
it's open & closed that he is a cheat

the moderator kicked him out of the game

there's no drama, only those created by master3004 making up things to defend his cheating and whole "woe is me, i've been here for years, whyyyy would i cheat?" emo routine.
08-07-2014 , 04:10 PM
So does the thread/game get unlocked now.

      
m