Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 04:19 PM   #23551
Nick Royale
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Nick Royale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 29,973
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Nick Royale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #23552
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #23553
filthyvermin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
filthyvermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wherever thers a cop beatinup a guy
Posts: 54,472
Re: The Movie Picture Game

pillow talk
filthyvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #23554
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin View Post
pillow talk
No.
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #23555
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game



Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #23556
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Move Over Darling
legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #23557
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game

legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #23558
filthyvermin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
filthyvermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wherever thers a cop beatinup a guy
Posts: 54,472
Re: The Movie Picture Game

high plains drifter
filthyvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #23559
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game

not High Plains Drifter

legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #23560
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend42 View Post
Move Over Darling
One of Doris' best pictures.
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:03 PM   #23561
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game

I prefer the first Day-Garner pairing, The Thrill of it All, but yeah they're both good for what they are. Check out the original My Favorite Wife with Cary Grant if you haven't seen it.
legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:02 AM   #23562
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game



will try to post a giveaway in the morning if nobody gets it
legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:42 AM   #23563
legend42
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
legend42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 39,130
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Not a complete giveaway but getting closer and last one for the night



4th letter of 4th actor on imdb is M....laters
legend42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #23564
aaronk56
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aaronk56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: You thought what?
Posts: 17,343
Re: The Movie Picture Game

House of Wax?

I thought it was in the first and 3rd picture.

Last edited by aaronk56; 08-12-2013 at 11:43 AM. Reason: I guess not.
aaronk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #23565
samuri8
old hand
 
samuri8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Flyover country
Posts: 1,972
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Scanners?
samuri8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #23566
GMontag451
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Westworld?
GMontag451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #23567
GMontag451
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 58
Re: The Movie Picture Game

I'm 99.9% sure its Westworld after some googling, so here's a new movie:

GMontag451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:04 PM   #23568
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Maybe this is a site that you guys will also find interesting: http://www.icheckmovies.com/

You can use it to keep track of all the movies that you've seen. Also, it can be used as inspiration for new movies to watch - it has tons of lists (both official and user-made ones) to look through. If you make a user, add me (MrThingyman) and you can also look through what I've seen and cross off the ones that you have seen. Getting daily updates of what my friends have seen is fun and motivates me to watch more movies and also to diversify my taste - so I'd like more friends plz
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #23569
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend42 View Post
I prefer the first Day-Garner pairing, The Thrill of it All, but yeah they're both good for what they are. Check out the original My Favorite Wife with Cary Grant if you haven't seen it.
Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Maybe this is a site that you guys will also find interesting: http://www.icheckmovies.com/

You can use it to keep track of all the movies that you've seen. Also, it can be used as inspiration for new movies to watch - it has tons of lists (both official and user-made ones) to look through. If you make a user, add me (MrThingyman) and you can also look through what I've seen and cross off the ones that you have seen. Getting daily updates of what my friends have seen is fun and motivates me to watch more movies and also to diversify my taste - so I'd like more friends plz
I love iCheckMovies. Friend request sent.
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #23570
filthyvermin
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
filthyvermin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wherever thers a cop beatinup a guy
Posts: 54,472
Re: The Movie Picture Game

is there a way to list all the movies you've seen that takes less than 500 hours?

i went there and was just checking off movies i've seen. but it was taking forever so i quit
filthyvermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #23571
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin View Post
is there a way to list all the movies you've seen that takes less than 500 hours?

i went there and was just checking off movies i've seen. but it was taking forever so i quit
If you have rated movies on IMDb, you can import those.
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:31 PM   #23572
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep86 View Post
I love iCheckMovies. Friend request sent.
Awesome!

And that's funny, we have almost the same amount of movies checked off (1300-1400), but we only share 317. But that's good - I'll have fun looking through my unchecked movies on your list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin View Post
is there a way to list all the movies you've seen that takes less than 500 hours?

i went there and was just checking off movies i've seen. but it was taking forever so i quit
Well, it took me a few evenings of looking through a bunch of lists to get where I am now which is 1400 movies. I am now at the point where the lists aren't that helpful anymore - I have to add movies one by one. You're not supposed to get there in one sitting, but just spend a little time on it now and then and you'll get there. What's your username?

Good lists to start off with:
All-Time Worldwide Box Office - more than 400 of my movies are from this list
Most checked movies on iCheckMovies - more than 200 from this list
IMDb top 250
reddit top 250
1001 movies you must see before you die
Empire 500

And then just look at specific genre lists, specific directors or specific centuries. And boom, you're there. Ofc if you're immediately bored by all this, then the site probably isn't for you. I love it though.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #23573
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Awesome!

And that's funny, we have almost the same amount of movies checked off (1300-1400), but we only share 317. But that's good - I'll have fun looking through my unchecked movies on your list!
And our rankings are exactly the same. Scary...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Well, it took me a few evenings of looking through a bunch of lists to get where I am now which is 1400 movies. I am now at the point where the lists aren't that helpful anymore - I have to add movies one by one. You're not supposed to get there in one sitting, but just spend a little time on it now and then and you'll get there. What's your username?

Good lists to start off with:
All-Time Worldwide Box Office - more than 400 of my movies are from this list
Most checked movies on iCheckMovies - more than 200 from this list
IMDb top 250
reddit top 250
1001 movies you must see before you die
Empire 500

And then just look at specific genre lists, specific directors or specific centuries. And boom, you're there. Ofc if you're immediately bored by all this, then the site probably isn't for you. I love it though.
Here's another useful link: http://www.icheckmovies.com/movies/?sort=checks (not an official list, just everything checkable on ICM).
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #23574
Sheep86
The Movie Picture Game
 
Sheep86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Slowpoke > other pokémon
Posts: 5,888
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMontag451 View Post
I'm 99.9% sure its Westworld after some googling, so here's a new movie:

Bump.
Sheep86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #23575
thedebased
adept
 
thedebased's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,150
Re: The Movie Picture Game

Song of the South?
thedebased is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive