Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The future of Ms POG The future of Ms POG

02-04-2017 , 10:06 PM
I need to leave. Bye.
02-04-2017 , 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin
good intentions don't make an offensive game ok

miss pog offends people. that is the definition of offensive.

is the main argument something like "if you're offended that's on you, because our intent is not to offend"?
as a hairy bastard the game of werewolf offends me greatly
and as a fatso i am also deeply offended by walrus compeitions
also, as an idiot with no thoughts of my own i am terribly vexed by sheep games

please see that they all cease immediately!

tyvm
02-04-2017 , 10:09 PM
'I am attracted to this woman'

'You sexist pig'

This is essentially what this is boiling down to. You guys might as well take to twitter and start talking to these girls who are posing in their lingerie and being all sexy. I think theyre conscious of how theyre displaying themselves. And if not; how is it a bad thing for people to discuss who they agree upon is an attractive person?

As someone who legitimately experiences objectification fairly consistently, i dont really see a problem with this contest being run.

And if domer was banned for his post, then lol
02-04-2017 , 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off
as a hairy bastard the game of werewolf offends me greatly
and as a fatso i am also deeply offended by walrus compeitions
also, as an idiot with no thoughts of my own i am terribly vexed by sheep games

please see that they all cease immediately!

tyvm
as someone who gets offended quite easily, I am offended when people are offended

I ask that you please stop at once

tyia
02-04-2017 , 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off
and it's a celebration of women, not objectification
you're not a fan of celebrating women? sad!
^ This is bull****.

Lol this thread that its even needed, much less the content. I've tried to keep out of the mud in this, but GOD DAMN.
02-04-2017 , 10:22 PM
It should not be run. It is offensive, devoid of any redeeming qualities. There is no valuable discussion that can come from some guys from SE rating womans looks on POG.
02-04-2017 , 10:22 PM
Until this year I don't think anyone raised any issues with this contest, & some of the most outspoken advocates for its removal were avid participants.

I don't think it's particularly surprising that not everyone is willing to make the same change of opinion at the same time, whether it is the correct opinion or not.
02-04-2017 , 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuqAta8
'I am attracted to this woman'

'You sexist pig'

This is essentially what this is boiling down to. You guys might as well take to twitter and start talking to these girls who are posing in their lingerie and being all sexy. I think theyre conscious of how theyre displaying themselves. And if not; how is it a bad thing for people to discuss who they agree upon is an attractive person?

As someone who legitimately experiences objectification fairly consistently, i dont really see a problem with this contest being run.

And if domer was banned for his post, then lol
Ya they should take this type of discussion to twitter. That is where they will find like minded people who find value in rating woman on looks with other guys
02-04-2017 , 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerboat
Ok, i was staying out of it but shhesh. This post is complete bull****. You and a handful of others have gone out of your way to alienate people that dont agree with you.
So it sound like you agree with my post, you just think I am hypocritical. That may, perhaps, be correct. But I am not the topic of this thread, Miss POG is.

Moreover there is a huge difference between the content of the posts of individual posters and a forum-endorsed activity. I don't think anyone here has, as yet, suggested we eliminate all discussions of women's appearance from individual posts.
02-04-2017 , 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3
some of the most outspoken advocates for its removal were avid participants.
This again. *SIGH*
02-04-2017 , 10:26 PM
wow thank goodness VMF is here said no one ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer Dude
as someone who gets offended quite easily, I am offended when people are offended

I ask that you please stop at once

tyia
will do my best!

02-04-2017 , 10:27 PM
Its not a valid argument/relevant to mention bans or past participation. That has already been explained. Sometimes social pressure/mistakes happen.
02-04-2017 , 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossnerd
This again. *SIGH*
In not saying it's a bad thing. I'm saying your opinion changed, & that's a wonderful thing. People with intractable opinions are difficult to deal with.

People should always be rethinking & reevaluating their opinions. It's just not surprising that not everyone's opinion has changed, & that doesn't necessarily make people stupid or other unkind things, just like you weren't stupid a couple years ago...just evolving.
02-04-2017 , 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off
wow thank goodness VMF is here said no one ever
The only people who want this to be run are posters from SE and gimmicks. It is clearly not wanted here and the participation shows it.
02-04-2017 , 10:30 PM
when women say "this game objectifying women makes me feel bad" the proper response is to stop the game objectifying women. how is that even argued?!?!?

the proper response isn't "MB shouldn't start the thread" or "you shouldn't be offended. it's just harmless fun" or "crossnerd is a drama queen" or "people these days are too sensitive" or "my fun and my right to objectify women is more important than any harm the game causes"
02-04-2017 , 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3
Until this year I don't think anyone raised any issues with this contest, & some of the most outspoken advocates for its removal were avid participants.

I don't think it's particularly surprising that not everyone is willing to make the same change of opinion at the same time, whether it is the correct opinion or not.
Yep. You have people that have been vegan a week telling others not only hey look at me, I am a vegan but demanding that they join. Ludicrous.
02-04-2017 , 10:31 PM
No, I do think my participating in those threads was pretty stupid, JMurder. But I take your point.
02-04-2017 , 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarianceMinefield
Ya they should take this type of discussion to twitter. That is where they will find like minded people who find value in rating woman on looks with other guys
Not other people; the nominees themselves.

What is the purpose of some of these girls posing semi nude if not for attention?
02-04-2017 , 10:34 PM
Outed bigot GabeTheBabe weighs in on the misogynistic character of Miss POG. Offers opinion that surprises no one
02-04-2017 , 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuqAta8
Not other people; the nominees themselves.

What is the purpose of some of these girls posing semi nude if not for attention?
I am not sure. It is not really relevant to whether this game should be run here.

Just cause someone posted a picture on the internet does not mean they want people on random forums to be rating them on their looks.
02-04-2017 , 10:37 PM
02-04-2017 , 10:40 PM
Insanity is one of you too, huh? Good to know.
02-04-2017 , 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3
In not saying it's a bad thing. I'm saying your opinion changed, & that's a wonderful thing. People with intractable opinions are difficult to deal with.

People should always be rethinking & reevaluating their opinions. It's just not surprising that not everyone's opinion has changed, & that doesn't necessarily make people stupid or other unkind things, just like you weren't stupid a couple years ago...just evolving.
this is a good post
02-04-2017 , 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenC
throw in wellnamed, sun tzu, amp, vr, digger, lord(!), soah, birdman, chips, kokiri etc...
02-04-2017 , 10:51 PM
i'm looking forward to the forthcoming 'The future of The future of Ms POG thread' thread

      
m