Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The future of Ms POG The future of Ms POG

02-05-2017 , 09:07 PM
so sad how errryone objectifying her
02-05-2017 , 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benneh
i thought that budweiser commercial was really well done actually
was it the one that said "budweiser, killing more people with alcohol than 10 9/11s every single day"
02-05-2017 , 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin
was it the one that said "budweiser, killing more people with alcohol than 10 9/11s every single day"
nah

it was about some german dudes sharing a brewski and them choosing to start a company that would grow beyond even their wildest imaginations

i think the 30,000 deaths one is saved for the end of regulation commercials
02-05-2017 , 09:46 PM
Gotta love that Mr clean commerical right after the Audi one
02-05-2017 , 09:48 PM
Is this the new pub or something? This thread is for sjw containment so please make your posts relevant to containing sjws
02-05-2017 , 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
The politics thread is not a game by any measure, though. The only winning move is not to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
I think that thread makes the forum extremely unhealthy. As an active POGger I am interested in POG being a fun place to visit.
I'm not a great UD fan - e.g., tho' I'm always interested in his musical takes in walruses - submitter, mod or kibbitzer, I won't play ww games where he's modding or co-modding. But he's knocking it out of the park here.

Last edited by tchaz; 02-05-2017 at 09:54 PM. Reason: [edit] I should add: respect to UD for organizing the chess tourney.
02-05-2017 , 09:56 PM
I've had a terrible 2017, now I have POG trying to take Ms POG away and patriots losing the super bowl adding onto it.

Just end the torture
02-05-2017 , 09:57 PM
I don't understand how people can't just ignore threads they don't like
02-05-2017 , 10:07 PM
Like if the existence of one thread is enough to make this place so horrible you'd think the fact that there is a whole subforum dedicated to politics would cause them to delete one's account.

What do you do when you go to a place that has cnn or fox on? Run away in terror?
02-05-2017 , 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
What do you do when you go to a place that has cnn or fox on? Run away in terror?
For the last 2 weeks, At my gym someone has been changing ALL the TV's to MSNBC. Being in South Orange County, normally the TV's are playing Foxnews or ESPN. Hehe.
02-05-2017 , 10:17 PM
if the threads were something repellent to you, you'd understand.

are you really unable to think of any example threads you think shouldn't be on pog?
02-05-2017 , 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_K
For the last 2 weeks, At my gym someone has been changing ALL the TV's to MSNBC. Being in South Orange County, normally the TV's are playing Foxnews or ESPN. Hehe.
Yeah i would run in terror then
02-05-2017 , 10:23 PM
my gym didn't have a tv at all until a few years ago. i always vote for it being off
02-05-2017 , 10:25 PM
the rapists millionaires are making a comeback against the rapist millionaires
02-05-2017 , 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin
if the threads were something repellent to you, you'd understand.

are you really unable to think of any example threads you think shouldn't be on pog?
No i can think of plenty of things that shouldn't be in pog..at least not as a separate stand alone thread.
02-05-2017 , 10:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
What do you do when you go to a place that has cnn or fox on?
Obviously, fortunately, neither UD nor I live in places which typically have cnn or fox on public tvs. If you had any interest in understanding the community about which you are opining you would know this and that your phrasing was absurd. But it's "America Uber Alles" for you. So: **** you

Yanqui go home.

Last edited by tchaz; 02-05-2017 at 10:40 PM.
02-05-2017 , 10:34 PM
OMFG it's the ghost of Spuds McKenzie
02-05-2017 , 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin
my gym didn't have a tv at all until a few years ago. i always vote for it being off
not good enough

you can't simply note your opinion, you must destroy all of the tvs
02-05-2017 , 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchaz
Obviously, fortunately, neither UD nor I live in places which typically have cnn or fox on public tvs. If you had any interest in understanding the community about which you are opining you would know this and that your phrasing was absurd. But it's "America Uber Alles" for you. So: **** you

Yankee go home. [emoji23]
Oh man. Tchaz I'm sorry i don't know more about your life and where you live.
02-05-2017 , 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
I don't understand how people can't just ignore threads they don't like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
No i can think of plenty of things that shouldn't be in pog..at least not as a separate stand alone thread.
i don't understand your argument. it's sounds like you are contradicting yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72off
not good enough

you can't simply note your opinion, you must destroy all of the tvs
if only, and the internet too
02-05-2017 , 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by filthyvermin
i don't understand your argument. it's sounds like you are contradicting yourself
I'm not
02-05-2017 , 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
I'm not
so my options are:

to ask you to clarify

to get frustrated

to give up

to dismiss you as petulant
02-05-2017 , 11:01 PM
It's common sense that there are threads we don't want and/or are unacceptable in pog.

When i said that people can ignore threads they don't like i did not mean to imply that those sorts of threads should not be locked/moved/whatever
02-05-2017 , 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by karmarein
I have yet to see anyone provide any substantive arguments that challenges the notion its not a game.

It has all the elements of a game:
  • Players
  • Competition
  • Strategy
  • Winners and Losers
All you're doing is talking about women. By this logic literally any thread on any topic can become a "game" just by having a vote at the end on whose posts you like the most.

Quote:
I find Sheep offensive, as a family member of mine died in a horrible sheeping accident. Let me create a thread to bitch about it and allow the division and your unfounded accusation of irrelevance to merit banning of the game.

Maybe we shouldn't allow irrational butthurtness to dictate the games we allow in this forum?
oh the old "you can't be offended by anything because i can make up stuff to be offended by"

if you don't see why a thread about men rating women might legitimately make some women a little uncomfortable, then i guess end of discussion because i have no idea how else to explain it


Quote:

Ok...
...


And as per usual on this subforum, no one takes the effort to challenge the substance of my posts.

I've written a lot about feminism, fairness, and the benefits of freedom of choice in this thread, and instead of challenging the merits of my prose, you're basically just trolling me.

Pro-tip: Games INHERENTLY cause controversy. If this bothers you, maybe you should try reading, coloring, or pottery.

Do you have any idea how many werewolf games have caused all sorts of controversy, infractions and bannings? Do you watch sports or competitions at all? All kinds of controversy, rule-breaking, challenges, and arguments about fairness and legitimacy. If you don't like controversy, dont ****ing play games.

Apparently soah thinks this is a good post.

trollololol
There's a big difference between controversial rules, mod decisions, etc... and the subject matter of the "game" itself being controversial.

Quote:
I don't understand how people can't just ignore threads they don't like
Cause it's on the front page every time someone posts in it?

Like let's say you're a woman who wants to play at a board game club, but the club has mostly men

On the wall there is a bunch of stuff about board games, but also a poster for a "discussing and ranking women" group

If you tell someone the poster bothers you, and that it seems out of place for a board game club, they call you an SJW fascist and that you should just ignore the poster

Is this really what you consider a welcoming environment?

...

It's not just about one thread, it's about the fact that this kind of stuff appears constantly in male-dominated spaces. Like yeah a woman can ignore one thread, or one slightly sexist joke here and there, but it gets tiring having to do that every single place you go. It's the constant barrage of this kind of stuff. It's easier for women to just ignore places where that kind of stuff is allowed. If you want to advocate renaming this to "Men's Puzzles and Other Games", then fine, but don't pretend this isn't something that repels some women from participating.

Personally the thread doesn't really bother me, it won't make me stop posting here. But if it does make other people leave, that would bother me.
02-05-2017 , 11:36 PM
Nice post DM

      
m