Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
The future of Ms POG The future of Ms POG

02-05-2017 , 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleDynamite
I agree with master that opinions from people that are not POG regulars should be summarily ignored.
I disagree, of course, wirh his second paragraph.
Because you think there are valid reasonings presented that I missed?
02-05-2017 , 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
Because you think there are valid reasonings presented that I missed?
There are no valid reasons to play sheep fwiw
02-05-2017 , 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuqAta8
Its absolutely not 'privileged'. I have probably experienced more objectification than you (gasp), and i hardly see how gender is relevant. If anything, the gay community is even more shallow and baseless. Do you consistently have 'friends' who want to have sex with you based solely on your looks? Or people only interested in interacted with you because they find you attractive? Or once theyve had sex with you, disappear because they got what they wanted? Because i have. A fair amount. And its not fun. But whether its ms pog or mr pog, i dont see how my experience as being objectified warrants this lighthearted contest to being extirpated from pog
Off the top of my head I personally know ten women who have had each of the bolded happen to them. Are you ****ing serious?
02-05-2017 , 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
There are no valid reasons to play sheep fwiw
Does Sheep offend you? are you Welsh, or heaven forbid, Kiwi?
02-05-2017 , 03:57 AM
And before you say sheep doesn't offend people, there are lots of people here not smart enough to play it...and especially peehs
02-05-2017 , 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
Because you think there are valid reasonings presented that I missed?
I do not think the game is sexist. I am not going to argue about it with you any more than I already did, though.

I am sure MB already knows when my vote is for when he starts tallying up the votes.
02-05-2017 , 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
And before you say sheep doesn't offend people, there are lots of people here not smart enough to play it...and especially peehs
that doesn't stop me and booker
02-05-2017 , 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerboat
Maybe we change the forum name to Politics and Other Grievances.
WE HAVE A WINNER
02-05-2017 , 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckbox Inc
This is serious proposal btw. This gives miss pog supporters two years of it before it is eliminated so it won't be some crazy thing where it is shut down this year. Does anyone really think that would be good?
Though at this point maybe we shouldn't even make it two years. We have 8 former Miss POGs. That is a perfect number for an ultimate tournament of champions. Lets just run the former 8 Miss POGs against each other and call it a good ending point.

I might be drunk, but I think this is a perfect compromise. Hell I'll even run it. A week per match starting after super bowl.

Last edited by chuckleslovakian; 02-05-2017 at 04:18 AM.
02-05-2017 , 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soah
It should go without saying that it's in poor taste. I was pretty shocked that so many of our (few) female members in the past were so enthusiastic about it. It can go away at any time as far as I care.



And for those of you who have dreams of revitalizing werewolf on POG, you should keep in mind that the gender ratios on POG have been a result of the gender ratios on 2+2, and do not reflect werewolf communities on the rest of the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu
It's stupid and pointless and may be in poor taste, so I just don't get involved. The idea that other people shouldn't be able to do something because I don't like it is what's offensive.

You don't have to click on any thread that doesn't appeal to you.

I think I'm somewhere between these two posts. Pog would be better without the game, it's stupid, I'm not sure how comfortable I am with the idea of banning it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
That a mere suggestion of an "accusation" or "personal slight" is enough to warrant a 1 day ban is sort of case in point of the highly toxic, rigid environment that is 2017 POG. Gone are the days of a lively, creative, fun forum full of drama and laughs
People have been moaning about how the modding is awful and expectations that people behave with one another like civilised adults are a scourge and are ruining pog for approximately ever.
02-05-2017 , 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by master3004
I've got more to say on this topic as whole but, I thought this should be brought up first.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/se...rchid=56218870

Why the **** is Cotton Hill posting in a thread about a thread specific only to a forum he has never posted in? Why the **** should we care what he thinks? This isn't a derision on him personally, I am asking why his posts should even be here, and this goes for anybody else who isn't an active POG member piping in on this issue.

I'm with everyone who thinks that Miss POG has no reason to exist. I haven't seen a single post itt that is supporting the idea for any reason other than "This is how its always been." An argument from tradition to keep a stupid, perverted, sexist, useless thing is beneath the forum as a whole. If anybody has any reasons that this "Game" should continue outside of "This is what we have done" and "Censorship is bad, mmkay" should probably present them now.
stupid, sexist, useless - ok

where do you get perverted?
02-05-2017 , 05:32 AM
I think he means perverse?
02-05-2017 , 06:32 AM
So people think I objectify women cause of my avatar?



I thought people judge other values the women had? Like their impacts on the world or their field etc.

Also I dont think its fair to ban domer there and its not like I've minced my words or opinion on domahhhh. Also saying a person used "alt right" buzz words like facism and sjw is unfair. I used the word facism at times and I'm certainly not a nazi.
02-05-2017 , 06:36 AM
02-05-2017 , 06:36 AM
i don't know why domer got banned, POG mods don't talk to eachother
02-05-2017 , 06:38 AM
my god... killer is another one, girl in avatar

**** man

fix your **** or get rekt
02-05-2017 , 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzles
Man if this was in spoilers 🚀 🚀 🚀 as is I still laughed hard.


Oh yeah I dont care if yoy get rid of it but I share UD sentiments mostly.
02-05-2017 , 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzles
my god... killer is another one, girl in avatar

**** man

fix your **** or get rekt
Someone made the avi for me in 4l in the reqeuest thread. I wanted a santa hat then I just nevee changed it out of respek for the WORK. That was like 7 years ago.
02-05-2017 , 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_kill
Someone made the avi for me in 4l in the reqeuest thread. I wanted a santa hat then I just nevee changed it out of respek for the WORK. That was like 7 years ago.
sorry for your loss, was a good run
02-05-2017 , 06:46 AM
you can only show a girl in your avatar if you use them as an actual object, like a table

otherwise you are objectifying them in a bad way
02-05-2017 , 06:47 AM
I've given it thought and Ms POG is still OK in my book.

Fk the haters, have a good life, move on to forums that suit you better.

I don't care if Ms POG runs this year, or ever again, I've never cared about Ms POG, but now I want to fight for the right to have it run and still not care about it. Ms POG is perfectly fine and this thread is a ****ing joke.
02-05-2017 , 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzles
sorry for your loss, was a good run
Lolol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzles
you can only show a girl in your avatar if you use them as an actual object, like a table

otherwise you are objectifying them in a bad way
Im not taking a side on the take but this take is �� and its my birthday today. So I get the super bowl and the blowback from this thread. Could you imagine if the pats lost too? Oh my what a time to be alive.

Last edited by killer_kill; 02-05-2017 at 06:57 AM.
02-05-2017 , 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_kill
Lolol



Im not taking a side but this take is �� and its my birthday today. So I get the super bowl and the blowback from this thread. Could you imagine if the pats lost too? Oh my what a time to be alive.
This is going to be a great super bowl, if Falcons win we get Riots.
If Patriots win, we get Riots cause Brady hearts Trump.

Happy Birthday friend.
02-05-2017 , 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puzzles
I've given it thought and Ms POG is still OK in my book.

Fk the haters, have a good life, move on to forums that suit you better.

I don't care if Ms POG runs this year, or ever again, I've never cared about Ms POG, but now I want to fight for the right to have it run and still not care about it. Ms POG is perfectly fine and this thread is a ****ing joke.
Exactly how i feel too.

Kruze there was also a contest where guys sent the women pics of themselves and the dude who won basically sent a nude photo if i remember correctly. Could you imagine it reversed?
02-05-2017 , 06:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_kill
Exactly how i feel too.

Kruze there was also a contest where guys sent the women pics of themselves and the dude who won basically sent a nude photo if i remember correctly. Could you imagine it reversed?
not enough information to comment lol

      
m