Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2013, 01:31 PM   #176
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

leo: I'm going to find it wolfy if you don't try to take context into account. Of course I made that post in a rushed fashion. I'm trying to contribute to this game as best as I can on a really limited amount of time. Is it aids? actually I have no idea. I just went with my gut. My gut has a good solid history of d1 reads so we'll find out.

I will promise to do a slower more thorough read of this game this afternoon at some point. Hopefully it will be better. All I'm really going to do right now is make sure I don't completely abandon my duties to the village. If you want to lynch me, go right ahead, but I'm a villager and difficulties with time aside I'll prove it eventually.

That's all I got for now
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #177
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokiri View Post
Getting much more happy with Thingy, but leo's been making sense on this page.
Okay, you are getting tunnel-vision'y now.

I can understand having a gut reaction like yours to my post when you're already suspecting me. You think I'm a wolf going hard at a villager. But I'm not. You need to actually read and understand the post. He is directly contradicting himself - if you think that he can do this as a villager, that's fine, I think that COULD be the case as well, but I'm not letting him off the hook just yet.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:33 PM   #178
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
...?

Did you actually read it?

Please read it?

Wtf is happening here
i mean

i see that you found your way to a conclusion that it was wolfy of tappo to vote you for not explaining your read when he never explicitly asked you to

i would ask you why you never just explained it instead of getting into this really weird spat
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #179
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

well named is in a tree right now guys

IN A TREE
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:34 PM   #180
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Cliffs:

1) tappokone isn't initially bothered by me voting him without explanation and I give him several chances to actually ask me why I am voting him

2) a page later, tappokone is suddenly bothered by me voting him without explanation (and conveniently, it is timed with other people giving me heat at the time as well)
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:38 PM   #181
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

ok leo can be a villager

i have no idea about the thingy thing cause I ain't reading it right now but to go from calling me a wolf to immediately jumping on a different thread shows he's paying attention closely and that's good.
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:40 PM   #182
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
well named is in a tree right now guys

IN A TREE
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #183
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
i mean

i see that you found your way to a conclusion that it was wolfy of tappo to vote you for not explaining your read when he never explicitly asked you to

i would ask you why you never just explained it instead of getting into this really weird spat
Well, I'm not sure I ever consciously had a reason to not ultimately explain it. I just didn't. Maybe because it was very thin, maybe because I was hoping tappokone would eventually take notice of it.

But to explain it now, in any case:

He had a very distinct non-villagery start to the game. Before I explain any further, it should be said that my method for finding wolves is not to go after the people who are wolfy, but the people who are unconvincingly villagery, seeing as wolves aren't actually trying to be wolfy - they're trying to be villagery, but they are just often unsuccesful at it.

That's the vibe that I got from tappokone's initial posts. His first 5 posts are all safe and too straight forward without any villageriness imo - they're either fluff, mechanics talk, asking a lot of questions or very level 1'ish reads such as his vote for timistere.

Again, it wasn't a strong read or anything. He could easily be a villager making those posts as well. But he had posted and what he had posted wasn't convincing, so I thought that I'd pressure him.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #184
kokiri
ffermwr moch
 
kokiri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Less moch, more defaid
Posts: 52,227
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

god, hate being pinned for tunnelling. Time to sit back and have a rethink.
kokiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #185
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
ok leo can be a villager

i have no idea about the thingy thing cause I ain't reading it right now but to go from calling me a wolf to immediately jumping on a different thread shows he's paying attention closely and that's good.
Well, you certainly aren't paying close attention. I haven't called you a wolf? :P
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:42 PM   #186
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #187
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Ok, nvm my last post - I misunderstood well named's post
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:43 PM   #188
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

thingy: the person calling me a wolf was leo, not you.

and by "was" I mean "is"
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #189
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

I just realized that the great thing about this game is that if you're ever frustrated and feel alone or ignored or anything, you have a mason to comfort you <3

Too bad me and Herbie haven't been in contact yet, where you at dawg?
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #190
SuqAta8
.
 
SuqAta8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC
Posts: 21,874
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by well named View Post
ok leo can be a villager

i have no idea about the thingy thing cause I ain't reading it right now but to go from calling me a wolf to immediately jumping on a different thread shows he's paying attention closely and that's good.
or that you guys are wolves pretending to disagree and then get on the same page?
SuqAta8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #191
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

well named
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #192
Fennec Fox
adept
 
Fennec Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,144
Exclamation Vote Count 1 to 190

Votes from post 1 to post 190
Night in 6:00:56

---
VotesLynchVoters
3 HerbieGRD/Thingyman gtpitch/kokiri (25), LeonardoDicaprio/gambit8888 (19), tappokone/DWetzel (14)
2 iversonian/DonkDonkDonkDonk Forsythio/metsandfinsfan (18), Xkf (9)
2 ReddBoiler/SuqAta8 iversonian/DonkDonkDonkDonk (18), well named/fank009 (17)
1 gtpitch/kokiri ReddBoiler/SuqAta8 (30)
1 tappokone/DWetzel HerbieGRD/Thingyman (23)
1 well named/fank009 bhuber2010/timistere (11)
3 not voting Felix the Cat (0), Klairic/notyouravgdrewbie (0), monk2310 (0)
Fennec Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #193
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
huge wtf @ this - I need everyone to pay attention to what is happening here please

I am asking you to elaborate on your vote because 1) It is for me, and 2) You voiced earlier that you were "meh, whatever" on me and that you weren't interested in pursuing me even after I voted for you, and 3) Because I have taken great interest in you.

I ASKED you why you weren't asking me why I voted you, why you weren't asking me for an explanation. Your response to all this was that you weren't interested in me, even after my unexplained vote on you. You are now CONTRADICTING yourself by voting me for it a page later and saying that it is apparently wolfy/anti-villa of me to not explain myself. So which is it?????????? Is it wolfy or not???????

I just want to make it clear to you and everyone else what the progression of this was:

1) I vote tappokone.

2) tappokone asks timistere to explain his votes.

3) I ask tappokone why he isn't interested in having me explain MY vote, seeing as it was for him after all.

4) He answers:



5) To pressure him I tell him that it doesn't make sense (I am lying here, I can see why he would not ask every single person to explain their votes) and I ask him why he wouldn't want to improve his read on me by having me explain MY vote.

6) Again, he answers:



I give him several chances to straight up ask me to explain my vote, but he refuses to and instead goes into role neutral defensive mode about why he wouldn't which I then just choose to ignore.

Then on this page, suddenly I am getting a bit heat, and he jumps at the chance to vote me.

His reason for voting me: Because I didn't explain my vote.

Are you ****ing kidding me, dude?

tappokone

(I am not calling tappo a lock wolf or anything, but at the very least this is all very wtf and I want to pursue this further / pressure him further)
See, that's no good. Here's what happened:

1.) You vote for me, no reason given.

2.) I ask Timi about his vote. I don't ask you about yours.

3.) You ask me why I didn't ask about your reason.

4.) I answer you. Cliffs: I'm not bothered.

5.) Time passes. You don't explain your original reason or offer any other reason for finding me wolfy.

In step three you implied that I was behaving in a contradictory manner, but you now say that was just a bit of make-believe. For what purpose? Difficult to say. In any case, that's not the reason for the vote.

6.) I conclude that you'd want to tell people what your reason was if you cared about the read. I find your continued silence on the topic wolfy.

NB: This has nothing to do with whether _I_ want to find out your reason. It's about how you chose to pursue your top wolf lean.

7.) You argue as if my conclusion in step six occurred much earlier in the process. It didn't. 6 > 4, for example.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:02 PM   #194
well named
poorly undertitled
 
well named's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: esse est coesse
Posts: 78,091
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuqAta8 View Post
or that you guys are wolves pretending to disagree and then get on the same page?
I'm hoping this is a noob villager tell
well named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #195
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
But to explain it now, in any case:

He had a very distinct non-villagery start to the game. Before I explain any further, it should be said that my method for finding wolves is not to go after the people who are wolfy, but the people who are unconvincingly villagery, seeing as wolves aren't actually trying to be wolfy - they're trying to be villagery, but they are just often unsuccesful at it.

That's the vibe that I got from tappokone's initial posts. His first 5 posts are all safe and too straight forward without any villageriness imo - they're either fluff, mechanics talk, asking a lot of questions or very level 1'ish reads such as his vote for timistere.

Again, it wasn't a strong read or anything. He could easily be a villager making those posts as well. But he had posted and what he had posted wasn't convincing, so I thought that I'd pressure him.
Predictably, that didn't help me any.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:07 PM   #196
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Hmm... That wasn't a villagery reply, but it was a sensible reply with a rational explanation that I can sort of buy.

I didn't say that I particularly cared about the read though (as said, slight lean), I said that I cared about you not asking me about the read. The strength of my read is/was irrelevant to me in being curious about that.

Also, I don't know why you say "For what purpose" about my pressuring you which I explained. That seems like a wolfy mischaracterization of my post.

You still haven't made a villagery post which is troublesome. But if you're a villager, don't mistake my leaving my vote on you currently for me tunnelling you or not wanting to pursue other suspects though - I will get to that.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #197
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
tappo what about donk's reaction to mets did you find villagery
He was pointlessly confrontational.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #198
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

thingy,

i don't think either of you look villagery from this spat but i do think tappos other posts are a lot more objectively villagery than any of yours
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #199
DonkDonkDonkDonk
Goose
 
DonkDonkDonkDonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 38,958
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Hmm... That wasn't a villagery reply, but it was a sensible reply with a rational explanation that I can sort of buy.
say what
DonkDonkDonkDonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #200
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Hmm... That wasn't a villagery reply, but it was a sensible reply with a rational explanation that I can sort of buy.

I didn't say that I particularly cared about the read though (as said, slight lean), I said that I cared about you not asking me about the read. The strength of my read is/was irrelevant to me in being curious about that.

Also, I don't know why you say "For what purpose" about my pressuring you which I explained. That seems like a wolfy mischaracterization of my post.

You still haven't made a villagery post which is troublesome. But if you're a villager, don't mistake my leaving my vote on you currently for me tunnelling you or not wanting to pursue other suspects though - I will get to that.
Alrighty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappokone View Post
You never got around to explaining your vote on me. I don't particularly care what your reasons were, but you should care about them and want to inform others. The exchange we had over my question to Timi felt like you wanted to arrive at the conclusion that my line was bad.
So the part in blue has "a rational explanation that [you] can sort of buy." Personally I think it's pretty clear the way I originally phrased it, but whatever. You presumably have no issue with the part in red, given that you said earlier that you lied to pressure me. Looks to me like you should now be AOK with my reasoning. Is that the case?
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive