Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2013, 02:00 PM   #876
Fennec Fox
adept
 
Fennec Fox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,144
Exclamation Vote Count 659 to 875

Votes from post 659 to post 875
Night in 6:00:47

---
VotesLynchVoters
4 bhuber2010/timistere gtpitch/kokiri (19), KruZe/tmleafs1967 (16), ReddBoiler/SuqAta8 (13), tappokone/DWetzel (19)
2 gtpitch/kokiri Forsythio/metsandfinsfan (44), HerbieGRD/Thingyman (37)
2 HerbieGRD/Thingyman iversonian/DonkDonkDonkDonk (14), LeonardoDicaprio/gambit8888 (34)
3 not voting bhuber2010/timistere (13), Klairic/notyouravgdrewbie (0), Xkf (2)
Fennec Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #877
tmleafs1967
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmleafs1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
Posts: 12,449
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Well, to be clear, I thought you were saying reasonable as in villagery. I don't care about someone being reasonable - wolves like to be reasonable, they strive for it in fact, while villagers are often very unreasonable.

But from having skimmed a few games during semi-retirement I got the impression that tmleafs would be easy for me to clear, but so far he hasn't been villagery. It's an early and thin read, granted, but just noting it. I'm ofc waiting for him to get a bit more into the game. And also, he has made 2 posts that are incorrect / don't make sense: He's saying that I didn't interact with Xkf after he voted me which is incorrect. He's saying that if X/X are villagers, then X/X are wolves - or they are both wolves - WHAAAAAT?
correction thingy, i said "barely" not that you "didn't" so who's twisting words? and also my perception of "barely" is going to vary from each player. DUCY?

I felt your interaction with xkf wasn't in line with your emotions to WN over voting you, that's a shift in emotion to me from player to player and reads as fake to me.

Maybe not the other players, but that's how I read it.
tmleafs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #878
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

@ Leo

You... Are actually voting me?

That's interesting lol
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:03 PM   #879
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmleafs1967 View Post
correction thingy, i said "barely" not that you "didn't" so who's twisting words? and also my perception of "barely" is going to vary from each player. DUCY?

I felt your interaction with xkf wasn't in line with your emotions to WN over voting you, that's a shift in emotion to me from player to player and reads as fake to me.

Maybe not the other players, but that's how I read it.
Fair enough then. But I still don't think it's believable for you to be suspicious of that. It seems pretty clear that Xkf and well named interacted with me in different ways and I reacted differently to different stuff. You can't reasonably assume that I'm gonna react the same way to all votes on me.

Meh.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #880
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Klairic/notyouravgdrewbie (0)
KruZe/tmleafs1967 (16)

Perhaps I am not caught up enough yet but did either of these teams have any posts yesterday either?

I literally have seen no mention of any of them outside of leafs starting to post on this page.

Lol being behind.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #881
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

gtpitch/kokiri being quiet

why?

Because they don't wanna howl and lose the potential mislynch of bhuber/timistere

That's my read on this
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:04 PM   #882
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Apparently I am not an easy to player to read, most people dont normally get my role right in either role.
In vanillas, at least, you have a low lynch% as a villager (.154) and a high one as a wolf (.833). Someone must be getting your role right for that to be the case.

For comparison, Mets is .103 as a villager and .818 as a wolf, so slightly easier to clear, but otherwise comparable.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #883
metsandfinsfan
banned
 
metsandfinsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 156,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
:/

you thought he was wolfy too remember

anyways i agree so lets just play
No I had zero interest in voting him on day 1 I'm not ******ed
metsandfinsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #884
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Well, to be clear, I thought you were saying reasonable as in villagery. I don't care about someone being reasonable - wolves like to be reasonable, they strive for it in fact, while villagers are often very unreasonable.

But from having skimmed a few games during semi-retirement I got the impression that tmleafs would be easy for me to clear, but so far he hasn't been villagery. It's an early and thin read, granted, but just noting it. I'm ofc waiting for him to get a bit more into the game. And also, he has made 2 posts that are incorrect / don't make sense: He's saying that I didn't interact with Xkf after he voted me which is incorrect. He's saying that if X/X are villagers, then X/X are wolves - or they are both wolves - WHAAAAAT?
his posting has not been anything that he should be in your top 3 wolf leans for.

and gambit voted you bro, dealwithit
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #885
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
his posting has not been anything that he should be in your top 3 wolf leans for.

and gambit voted you bro, dealwithit
Well, it's based on POE. You're gonna say "lol POE day 2? When does that ever work?". For me, often. Go ahead and ask mets.

Although I shouldn't say that while being so cocky :P, because I don't actually feel that confident about all my villa leans at this point - I feel too many people are slanking / not providing me with stuff that I can read them based on. Nonetheless, most people in this game have SOMETHING villagery going for them except for gtpitch/kokiri, tmleafs/KruZe, the no posters (obv)

bhuber/timistere I don't like voting

iversonian/donkx4 I'm gonna take a closer look at some point today
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #886
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Yeah, Leafs hasn't been wolfy.

Also, it's unsound to find him wolfy because he said something disagreeable. The nice thing about villager Leafs is that he has original thoughts. You're not going to agree with all of them, but you can tell that they're his. If you see Leafs sticking to broadly agreeable points, then you should worry.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #887
tmleafs1967
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmleafs1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
Posts: 12,449
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Klairic/notyouravgdrewbie (0)
KruZe/tmleafs1967 (16)

Perhaps I am not caught up enough yet but did either of these teams have any posts yesterday either?

I literally have seen no mention of any of them outside of leafs starting to post on this page.

Lol being behind.
kruze and I subbed in today SOD for Klairic/notyouravgdrewbie, kruze will be around later, I'll be in and out on breaks after 4.
tmleafs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #888
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

i'm pretty sure you guys subbed in for the other 0 poster

those guys are still in the game(allegedly)
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:14 PM   #889
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappokone View Post
Yeah, Leafs hasn't been wolfy.

Also, it's unsound to find him wolfy because he said something disagreeable. The nice thing about villager Leafs is that he has original thoughts. You're not going to agree with all of them, but you can tell that they're his. If you see Leafs sticking to broadly agreeable points, then you should worry.
Oh, I subscribe to this theory very much. That isn't what's happening.

Mostly I am just curious to know wtf he means by "On a side note if leo/gambit are villagers (i have no reads on them yet) then kokiri and pitch are wolves or they are w/w (thru first 2 pages now)" <<<< tappo, explain to me what this means?
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #890
tmleafs1967
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmleafs1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
Posts: 12,449
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

"believe it or not, twinkies have an expiration date, one of these days life's little twinkie gauge is going to run out"

I'm headed off to subway and going to work, I'll post some when i get to work.

see ya
tmleafs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:18 PM   #891
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tappokone View Post
In vanillas, at least, you have a low lynch% as a villager (.154) and a high one as a wolf (.833). Someone must be getting your role right for that to be the case.

For comparison, Mets is .103 as a villager and .818 as a wolf, so slightly easier to clear, but otherwise comparable.
Easily explainable.

I cant post during day.

People find me wolfy always.

I run out of time to post high-content as a wolf (which generally takes longer to produce since its literally fake).

I get lynched.

I am actually quite good at wolfing when I have the time to post during the day/stay caught up.

Its a shame the DB theoretically says otherwise.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #892
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmleafs1967 View Post
"believe it or not, twinkies have an expiration date, one of these days life's little twinkie gauge is going to run out"

I'm headed off to subway and going to work, I'll post some when i get to work.

see ya
You seriously just left the thread after I've asked you 3 times to explain something.

Megatilt
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:19 PM   #893
tmleafs1967
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmleafs1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
Posts: 12,449
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardoDicaprio View Post
i'm pretty sure you guys subbed in for the other 0 poster

those guys are still in the game(allegedly)
oh ok, I wasn't told who i was subbing for so my bad, assuming isn't so good eh.

@thingy, go back to page 1 and page 2 and read kokiri interacting with leo and then reread what I said using the knowledge I have only read 2 pages to that point and know pretty much nothing else except the lynch/nk.
tmleafs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #894
tmleafs1967
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tmleafs1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GO LEAFS GO!!!!!
Posts: 12,449
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
You seriously just left the thread after I've asked you 3 times to explain something.

Megatilt
my job here is done
tmleafs1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #895
Thingyman
Born This Way
 
Thingyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: the twilight zone
Posts: 30,464
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

I refuse to play this game until someone explains to me wtf tmleafs' sentence there is supposed to mean.
Thingyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #896
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

kokiri/gtpitch
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #897
tappokone
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
tappokone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: killing time
Posts: 12,416
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Oh, I subscribe to this theory very much. That isn't what's happening.

Mostly I am just curious to know wtf he means by "On a side note if leo/gambit are villagers (i have no reads on them yet) then kokiri and pitch are wolves or they are w/w (thru first 2 pages now)" <<<< tappo, explain to me what this means?
It seems like he's ruling out Leobit=wolves, Kokpitch=villagers. I'm not sure why, but I'd guess that he doesn't think wolf Leo would lean villager on villager Kokiri like he did. He also seems to be ruling out villager/villager. I have no idea why he'd do that. Maybe he just misstated his point.
tappokone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #898
LeonardoDicaprio
in
 
LeonardoDicaprio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: spongeworthy
Posts: 39,918
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

thingy why do you seem so surprised any time someone votes you/says you did something wolfy

you claim to be a very competent wolf, and a quick skim shows you are capable of posting a lot as a wolf

i would thikn you are used to not being able to be cleared so easily
LeonardoDicaprio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:34 PM   #899
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
I love these wagons. I really, really love these wagons. This is such a rarity. I can't recall... Ever having played a game where I was utterly and completely satisfied with both the top 2 wagons.
This does seem like super villagery on tone.

Who the hell says that as a wolf.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #900
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: Battle of Hyrdas Werewolf Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingyman View Post
Alright, dem reads

Villas
Thingyman / HerbieGRD
Forsythio / metsandfinsfan
bhuber2010 / timistere
ReddBoiler / SuqAta8

And I wouldn't lynch Xkf, LeonardoDicaprio / gambit8888 or tappokone / DWetzel either.

Going back and forth on gtpitch / kokiri. Putting them back to neutral.

Klairic / notyouravgdrewbie and monk2310 haven't posted.

That leaves these guys:
iversonian / DonkDonkDonkDonk
well named / fank009

I say again. We have perfect wagons. Now I just need to decide which is better.
Thingy, perhaps we should have been hydras.

Cause your list from yesterday is almost exactly how I feel through 5 pages as well (minus being wrong on fank/well named...except I thought fank was wolfy yesterday so there's that).

#nextgamemasons
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive