Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2016, 05:37 PM   #876
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

YUCATÁN PENINSULA 89.0943° W

Will do both my outstanding write ups tonight
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:51 PM   #877
Duckburg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Duckburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calisota
Posts: 29,509
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
YUCATÁN PENINSULA 89.0943° W

Will do both my outstanding write ups tonight
you plan to cover YUCATÁN PENINSULA in a week?
That's ambitious imo.
Duckburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 06:59 PM   #878
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,265
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
YUCATÁN PENINSULA 89.0943° W

Will do both my outstanding write ups tonight
Infringing a little on Bloo there. I would assume you're not getting access to [REDACTED PRE-COLUMBIAN CITY].
eyebooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:21 PM   #879
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

The write up will indicate what I intend to do and visit

I drafted the whole of Alaska before now and nobody said anything about it being too big to draft/see in a week.

I drafted this place mostly for Chichen Itza and all that jazz. Is that still available? I wasn't aware that it was in Merida. Will be sad if it's gone but I'll make something work
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:29 PM   #880
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,265
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

I can't imagine going to Merida and not doing Chichen Itza, so unless Bloo doesn't plan on visiting for some reason, it's gone.

You can repick if you want.
eyebooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:47 PM   #881
Biesterfield
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Biesterfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,022
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

La Paz, Mexico
Biesterfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 07:54 PM   #882
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,265
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Pick #20: Southwestern Nicaragua (-86.1680)

I'll start in Laguna de Apoyo. It looks nice.
Spoiler:


The howler monkeys nearby look cute.
Spoiler:


Then it's off to Granada, a charming colonial city.
Spoiler:


Then it's time for Lake Nicaragua and Isla de Ometepe:
Spoiler:


Finally, I'll be checking out las tortugas at the Refugio de Vida Silvestre La Flor:
Spoiler:


Lake Nicaragua sunset:
Spoiler:
eyebooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 03:59 AM   #883
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
YUCATÁN PENINSULA 89.0943° W

Will do both my outstanding write ups tonight
Due to Bloo's pick I will more specifically take CAMPECHE 90.2618° W

Hope this is cool
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:24 AM   #884
Duckburg
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Duckburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Calisota
Posts: 29,509
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
The write up will indicate what I intend to do and visit

I drafted the whole of Alaska before now and nobody said anything about it being too big to draft/see in a week.

I drafted this place mostly for Chichen Itza and all that jazz. Is that still available? I wasn't aware that it was in Merida. Will be sad if it's gone but I'll make something work
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebooger View Post
I can't imagine going to Merida and not doing Chichen Itza, so unless Bloo doesn't plan on visiting for some reason, it's gone.

You can repick if you want.
To be fair, Chichen Itza is way closer to [UNPICKED CITY], which also would be a more suitable place as a base for a trip there.
I imagine that Bloo picked Merida due to the longitude?
My 25 cent.
Duckburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:36 AM   #885
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

I imagine that is Bloo had done his write up then it would include Chichen Itza and I don't want to snipe it on a technicality
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 06:29 AM   #886
Bloobird
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bloobird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23,639
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Yeah, my plan was to use Merida as a jumping off point for Yucata in general, obv including Chichen Itza. Thanks xander for being understanding, got no issue with you taking Campeche.
Bloobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 09:38 AM   #887
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 81,784
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

will pick when i get to work
Gadarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:12 AM   #888
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 81,784
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Starting Point: LAS VEGAS 115.1398° W
1st Stop: CENTRAL CALIFORNIA COAST 122.0308° W
2nd Stop: SOUTH ISLAND, NEW ZEALAND 169.8926° E
3rd Stop: KYOTO, JAPAN 135.7680° E
4th Stop: HANOI, VIETNAM 105.8342° E
5th Stop: LUANG PRABANG, LAOS 102.1347° E
6th Stop: CHIANG MAI, THAILAND 98.9817° E
7th Stop: MANDALAY PROVINCE, MYANMAR 96.0891° E
8th Stop: KERALA, INDIA 76.2711° E
9th Stop: KASHMIR REGION, INDIA/PAKISTAN 74.7973° E
10th Stop: SHIRAZ, IRAN 52.5837° E
11th Stop: TBILISI AND KAKHETI REGION, GEORGIA, 44.8271° E
12th Stop: DODECANESE AND NORTH AEGEAN ISLANDS, GREECE, 28.2176° E
13th Stop: MACEDONIA ANCIENT AND MODERN (THESSALONIKI, SKOPJE, AND ENVIRONS), 21.4280° E
14th Stop: KOTOR, MONTENEGRO, 18.7712° E
15th Stop: SPLIT AND THE NORTHERN DALMATIAN COAST, CROATIA, 16.4402° E
16th Stop: LJUBLJANA, SLOVENIA, 14.5058° E
17th Stop: FLORENCE and TUSCANY, 11.2558° E
18th Stop: SARDINIA, ITALY 9.0129° E
19th Stop: BERGEN, NORWAY, 5.3221° E
20th Stop: SAN SEBASTIAN AND BASQUE COUNTRY, SPAIN, 1.9182° W

let's head into Africa

21st Stop: FEZ AND TANGIER, MOROCCO, 5.0078° W

three more destinations! will I make it across the Atlantic? it's touch and go at this point
Gadarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:25 AM   #889
Bloobird
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bloobird's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 23,639
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

fwiw gad definitely got the pacing right here

even if he's had to settle for second-rate Moroccan cities
Bloobird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:34 AM   #890
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 81,784
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloobird View Post
fwiw gad definitely got the pacing right here

even if he's had to settle for second-rate Moroccan cities
Marrakech and the stuff down there would have been my first choice, but from everything I've read and seen, both Tangier and (especially) Fez are pretty awesome in their own right
Gadarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 11:52 AM   #891
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 50,755
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Potosí, Bolivia 65.7550° W

Write-up spoiler:

JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 12:58 PM   #892
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

I planned to go to the salt flats from La Paz

I've picked out all the pictures for the write up too
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:09 PM   #893
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 50,755
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
I planned to go to the salt flats from La Paz

I've picked out all the pictures for the write up too
La Paz seemed too far to me when I was researching destinations, but you have it, I'll repick, nbd.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:11 PM   #894
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

I looked up tourist things to do in La Paz and they offer tours to the salt flats (Some 1 day tours even) so I figured it would be within my grasp
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #895
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 50,755
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
I looked up tourist things to do in La Paz and they offer tours to the salt flats (Some 1 day tours even) so I figured it would be within my grasp
7.5 hour drive is what I saw, but like I said nbd. You guys all do more of a nomadic trip than I pictured when I read the rules. I also forgot that La Paz was the city somewhat near Uyuni when I made the pick without asking. Want trying to saltflatblock.

I'll go to Los Roques, Venezuela 66.6236° W

As long as someone goes to the Salt Flats, I'm cool.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:35 PM   #896
eyebooger

 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 53,265
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Gad making some really good picks this round imo, despite getting the table scraps of Europe.
eyebooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 01:52 PM   #897
Gadarene
bussing tammates
 
Gadarene's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: just a goddamn vanilla
Posts: 81,784
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyebooger View Post
Gad making some really good picks this round imo, despite getting the table scraps of Europe.
You guys blew through Europe so fast that I don't even feel like it's table scraps.

Hell, a case could be made for Florence/Tuscany as the #1 overall pick if this draft wasn't geographically bounded: immense quality of life, history, beauty, some of the best food and wine in the world. I figured it would be long gone by the time I got in that area, given my slow crawl along the Adriatic...it might be the best value in the entire draft.

Also can't believe nobody took places like Berlin (one of the most amazing cities anywhere), Copenhagen, Belgium, Andalusia, anywhere in Portugal, a bunch of other regions in Italy...

And that nobody took anywhere in Ireland, in which -- spoiler alert -- my second-to-last pick will be located

There's absolutely a ton of awesome stuff in Central and South America that I'm missing out on (and some that's still available), but I'm really happy with how my picks have turned out even if I don't make it over there at all

Let me say again what a great idea this was for a draft, btw; so many cool places in this world
Gadarene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:39 PM   #898
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMurder3 View Post
7.5 hour drive is what I saw, but like I said nbd. You guys all do more of a nomadic trip than I pictured when I read the rules. I also forgot that La Paz was the city somewhat near Uyuni when I made the pick without asking. Want trying to saltflatblock.

I'll go to Los Roques, Venezuela 66.6236° W

As long as someone goes to the Salt Flats, I'm cool.
Let's put it this way. If I ever go to La Paz for a vacation then I'm not coming home until I've seen the salt flats.

There is a night bus that goes between La Paz and the salt flats you get there in the morning and can leave in the evening (Or there are a bunch of 3 day tours too)
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:41 PM   #899
xander biscuits
watching a movie
 
xander biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lebanon
Posts: 37,463
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene View Post
You guys blew through Europe so fast that I don't even feel like it's table scraps.

Hell, a case could be made for Florence/Tuscany as the #1 overall pick if this draft wasn't geographically bounded: immense quality of life, history, beauty, some of the best food and wine in the world. I figured it would be long gone by the time I got in that area, given my slow crawl along the Adriatic...it might be the best value in the entire draft.

Also can't believe nobody took places like Berlin (one of the most amazing cities anywhere), Copenhagen, Belgium, Andalusia, anywhere in Portugal, a bunch of other regions in Italy...

And that nobody took anywhere in Ireland, in which -- spoiler alert -- my second-to-last pick will be located

There's absolutely a ton of awesome stuff in Central and South America that I'm missing out on (and some that's still available), but I'm really happy with how my picks have turned out even if I don't make it over there at all

Let me say again what a great idea this was for a draft, btw; so many cool places in this world
I don't know about anyone else but I refuse to draft anywhere that I've actually been to however good it was since this is fantasy after all. I've been to a lot of Europe, hence why I went through it quickly and ignored all the major cities.
xander biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 02:43 PM   #900
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 50,755
Re: Around the world vacation -- Game thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander biscuits View Post
Let's put it this way. If I ever go to La Paz for a vacation then I'm not coming home until I've seen the salt flats.

There is a night bus that goes between La Paz and the salt flats you get there in the morning and can leave in the evening (Or there are a bunch of 3 day tours too)
Not arguing, I've already moved on to another beach
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive