Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread 7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread

07-07-2014 , 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrman
"Being extreme about it" implies you think it's slightly wolfy.
Yes, that's what I wrote.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:12 PM
top tier tom
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
I was wrong; it was the D&D game that I was thinking of, and you were a villager in it.

Here's the thing: as much as well named will deprecate himself now, he has long been considered one of the absolute best wolves on POG. And he was extremely villagery as the wolf vig in the D&D game before he had to go MIA. So you saying that well named always seems wolfy (the way you did a couple of times so far this game) pings me as being almost intrinsically insincere.

Can you elaborate on your general impressions of well named's game and how you're applying those impressions to his posts here so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
Why are you talking to me like a psychologist

I don't even know what you're asking. You want me to explain how WN seems wolfy as a villager? Read any of his games. He's lazy and often wrong. Often if he goes hard at someone they're almost at CDL levels of assurance to be a villager. He likes to mediate and ponder but often does it for so long and without explaining himself that he just seems like a fencesitting blasť wolf.
okay, i am noting my post and your response, and now i am delving back into the annals of the thread to CHECK SOMETHING

i will return momentarily
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurotrash
Vagos is prob gonna be mad at me because his early poasting leads me to believe he might be a woalf. doamer might have also outed himself as w/w trying to interact naturally with him

i hope things have changed since then.
vagos could be a woalf

haven't the foggiest idea what you are implying with the second sentence
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
top tier tom
Opportunism!!!!!
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadarene
also Hax has been playing werewolf since you were just a glint in monstrmom and monstrdad's eye
does that have relevance to his comments this game? serious question.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomgHax
Did I say it was wolfy of you to defend yourself? No, just that you were being a bit extreme about it.

I'm quite aware that the most important thing you can do as a villager is not get mislynched. I don't need the lecture
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrman
"Being extreme about it" implies you think it's slightly wolfy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomgHax
Yes, that's what I wrote.
Can anyone tell me how this isn't a major contradiction?
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
so he could post nothing in either role too then
Sure, that's why I switched it to "a distinct possibility".
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:15 PM
cody, you have a lupine infestation in your treehouse club
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:15 PM
nikes open reminds me a little of the WC game in terms of stating villa, and making a read right out of the gate, and he flipped villa, his commentary seems better this time around too (have no idea if his reads are correct tho) but this seems like to me nike is villa and is trying which is a good sign for he village imo
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomgHax
top tier tom
A scurrilous cur!!!!
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrman
Can anyone tell me how this isn't a major contradiction?
It's not wolfy to defend yourself. It IS wolfy to be so over the top about it.

Sorry for the confusion.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:17 PM
FYI I just had a pretty amazing #conferencecall and I foresee a complete inability to focus on this for like 4 hours :P Also I will be AFK in that time anyway, mostly
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZomgHax
It's not wolfy to defend yourself. It IS wolfy to be so over the top about it.

Sorry for the confusion.
Right, and then I bring myself back to my point of: No, it is not wolfy to hard defend yourself in any case regardless of how little suspicion you receive, to which we return to your response of

"Did I say you defending yourself is wolfy"

The answer to which is a resounding yes, because you yourself have admitted you think I'm being wolfy.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
cody, you have a lupine infestation in your treehouse club
Do you mean ME?

PERISH THE THOUGHT!

Is it because I'm silly?
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
Do you mean ME?

PERISH THE THOUGHT!

Is it because I'm silly?
He means me, but it doesn't matter because as I stated before any domer post that involves "lol monstr is wolf" is getting read and commented on if necessary, but otherwise completely ignored.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstrman
He means me, but it doesn't matter because as I stated before any domer post that involves "lol monstr is wolf" is getting read and commented on if necessary, but otherwise completely ignored.
Well he's voting for me so I must protect my honor
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFNike
Morning bros, halfway through skim. Villager.

The post happy fish made that domer referenced above was terrrrible. Happy's first post was a wolf list of zero posters, then he did that weird sponge 75 posts later.

happy fish

Other thoughts :

Zomghax had a horrible opening and hasn't got much better. Xkf clearing him was super odd.

Domer's long post was very helpful, but it had such an over the top village captain tone that I could see it being deep wolf cover. I'm treating him as villager though for now.

Killer pop-in was villagery.

OK, Ghana finish skim. Lettuce find some wilves.
Somebody's pissed they are on the wolf list!
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer_kill
Yeah, Im def not loving Happy and XKF so far.

I'm around for about an hour then I gotta leave for that interview and am around all day.

Kruze is probably a villa given him going HAM.
Maybe you don't notice that I'm trying to get XKF killed for lying about skype, but that's okay. Just vote him and I'll forgive you.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2
is happy known for revealing his wolfiness so obviously & early in a game?
Normally I sleep through day one and come on and vote without reading because I'm up all night on Sunday. I'm assured that's super wolfy. Today because of the holiday I was actually around, and am assured that posting is wolfy.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:25 PM
Tom's posts about well named (and some context as appropriate)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian
ok. i volunteer for first wagon. do i have a challenger?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
If anyone, WN
Quote:
Originally Posted by iversonian
i'm pretty sure everyone who said this is a prowolf game is a villager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
If you later use this to soft clear WN I will probably do bad things to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
this is kinda wolfy

kinda really wolfy

well named
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
It's actually not that wolfy for him but I agree he's a player that always seems wolfy, which is why I'm not voting for him yet

Dude is just very wolfy until he starts trying

And even then he can still be wolfy

It's a problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
Hug
Monstr
Kruze
Cory
UAW

Smash
Ivers
BATM
Killer
Nike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
I've talked about Ivers, but

From what I remember he has WN syndrome as a villa, meaning he sounds wolfy and insincere almost all of the time

Despite that I am having difficulty buying his posting last night as villagery at all

The "wolves are frozen" post makes me irrationally mad

So he must perish
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Tier Tom
I think he was a villager if he was in that game at all

I'm not very familiar with his wolf game maybe you can explain it to me, what the differences are
okay, so

1) you start out by suggesting that well named would be your top choice as a wagon

2) you reinforce this by indicating that you're viewing iversonian's later post as potentially w/w with well named

3) then you say that well named "always seems wolfy"

4) then you have a list of wolf and villa leans in which well named doesn't appear

5) then you say that well named "sounds wolfy and insincere almost all the time" when he's villa

6) then you say you're not very familiar with his wolf game (despite having played in a recent game where well named was a very villagery wolf)

7) and then you elaborate on why you think well named comes across wolfy as a villager

so bearing all this in mind, i was wondering if you could complete this brief survey for me
  • If well named sounds wolfy, then my conclusion about his role is that ____________
  • I thought well named would be a good wagon this morning because ____________
  • The way I would go about figuring out whether well named is a wolf is by ____________

your participation is appreciated
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:25 PM
euro has gone quiet
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:26 PM
When happyfish was a wolf in the last game, there were 0 posts from happyfish

suddenly like d2 showed up and there were posts from happyfish

conclusion: Happyfish is likely a villager.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant2
does that have relevance to his comments this game? serious question.
yeah, probably best not to assume that Hax is a bad player, so he should revise his premises and conclusions accordingly
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote
07-07-2014 , 01:27 PM
Domah, it's this thing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagos
lol ya, I noticed that happyfish mirrored my post 5 mins later as well

he's sorta lurking in an almost twtbaw type way

i dunno yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
interesting choice of words
so you call him out, that's fine ofc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagos
in what way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
not following your "twtbaw" pattern of thought

seems a bit early to fall back on that
i'm very much with you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagos
My thought process going into these early, midnight'ish d1's is that wolves tend to just avoid the thread more often than not. I don't really have any data to back this up, but from modding experience it usually seems to be the case.

I think it's a point in the game when wolves are most self conscious, because the game has just begun, and there's so few players actually posting, and it's late, so no one is really expected to post.

So I'm just a bit more guarded against thinking ppl like happy and killah are howling right off the bat (which, granted, they kinda are). It's wolfy behavior w/o a doubt, but again, I just feel like, if a wolf doesn't feel they can come in fairly confident, they won't come in at all. And hence, twtbaw'ish.

Hope that made sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by domer2
yep makes sense
and it's that rambling poast that takes 200 words to explain what could be done in ~a sentence that stops you in your tracks?

weird.

it's like: first Vagos said happy was lurking in a tbtbaw way. ok, that's fine, but that's also its own self-contained reason.

he goes on to explain that he has a twtbaw read because woalves don't usually hang around on d10 unless they're really confident blah blah blah. why tho? independently that's a fine reason to think somebody isn't a woalf, but I don't see why it's being used to justify the twtbaw designation he applied to happy's lurking.

i can't rly explain it better than that, hopefully it makes sense.
7/7 Animaniacs V+ Game Thread Quote

      
m