Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Puzzles and Other Games Discussions about Puzzles and other non-gambling games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2015, 09:33 PM   #2051
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I had that thought process, followed by "Why the **** is he only bringing this up now?"
Yep I wanted to see if anyone else was at the same spot as me. I think riki has been town for a LOT of other reasons so this small one that is scummy stuck out to me I wanted to see if others had come to the same conclusion or not.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #2052
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
riki - bhuber
fonisian - doc
TehBankertin - riki
achro - no peek

dorian78 - did you leave a clear peek?
Slendy - did you leave a clear peek?
road - did you leave a clear peek?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
road left a peek of banks

slendy and dorian did not leave clear peeks iirc
riki - bhuber
fonisian - doc
TehBankertin - riki
achro - no peek
road - banks

dorian78 - did you leave a clear peek?
Slendy - did you leave a clear peek?

I'll wait on the last two to confirm before I post what I am thinking, but it should pretty obvious to anyone what I am about to imply here.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:34 PM   #2053
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
tehbankertin
tehbankertin
tehbankertin
tehbankertin
tehbankertin
tehbankertin
I don't think your voted counted. What makes you think I'm a wolf?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #2054
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I don't think your voted counted. What makes you think I'm a wolf?
Because you are.

Spoiler:


so much so that I am probably going to white knight him and never vote anyone else but you until you or I are dead
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:38 PM   #2055
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
i think this is pretty bad reasoning

like aside from the fact that i didn't read ratchet's post the way you did, even if it is true that ratchet didn't believe your peek, there are a couple of reasons why that could've been the case

for one thing, i didn't believe that you were the seer myself because at one point you posted something like "riki and achro are villagers, this is not a peek" and then later you made me your peek. if ratchet was paying attention to that, it's probably why he was skeptical of your peek

and, fwiw, if your tone read is just based off the awkward way he says "your peek", i know that seer cover isn't an actual thing on ratchet's home forum, so that might also explain the "weird phrasing"

alternatively, ratchet could've not believed your peek if you're mafia with him, for obvious reasons

so, yeah
I don't think its damning by any means obviously hes not the cop and my first assumption was wrong but I think that its an interesting interaction. I'm never mafia with ratchet though the way he talks to me is the same way capps talked to me last game. A scum wanting to do what the guy talking a lot says to blend in.

You could be town and saw that as well. Although I would of course leave false tells like thats as real seer and then just openly state my actual peek. Makes people think that you aren't the cop because its too blatant Interesting that you remember me saying you and achro weren't peeks.

Do you think if I was scum with ratchet I'd have that line of thought? Or at least fake that line of thought? Does it sound like a wolf talking to another wolf about a read?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:39 PM   #2056
DocEspana
enthusiast
 
DocEspana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: New York
Posts: 78
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I could probably ask you 100 questions about why you voted for cue and 80 of them you might be able to answer through logic but sometimes that just won't get the last 20.

Like for me I thought that ratchet was the cop. I can show you the post thought about what it meant to me at the time thought about why. My logic made sense to me so I went with it. If I was scum I'd probably have a MUCH cleaner answer for why I was voting how I did. I'd have seen what was happening and had to think of answers for question as they're asked because I didn't really has the pure thoughts.

Like if you're asking questions about interpretation a scum could almost always answer in a good way where a town might not have the perfect interpretation because town isn't always using the best logic.
Yup. To err is to human. To get one idea and chase it too far is human. But to always have flawless logic to ant questioning of why you did simething? Thats a sign of fakers.
DocEspana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:40 PM   #2057
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Bhuber I wish you had been active before this I am liking your content a ton right now.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:41 PM   #2058
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Because you are.

Spoiler:


so much so that I am probably going to white knight him and never vote anyone else but you until you or I are dead
You should read ratchet's filter and look how he talks to me. I'm literally never his partner the way we speak to each other.

I'm not a wolf you're wrong. Lets talk about it though what of roads case do you agree with?
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:42 PM   #2059
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Bhuber I wish you had been active before this I am liking your content a ton right now.
RL stuff yo, it cant be helped sometimes
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:43 PM   #2060
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
You should read ratchet's filter and look how he talks to me. I'm literally never his partner the way we speak to each other.

I'm not a wolf you're wrong. Lets talk about it though what of roads case do you agree with?
Im not wrong.

Also you're usage of the whole "im literally never his partner the way we speak to eachother"...the whole part where you use the adverb, "never", its like about as scummy as it gets...but who needs linguistics anyways.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #2061
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

God, I used "you're" instead of "your".

Screw not being able to edit.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:47 PM   #2062
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Its plausible that road is mafia and his push on Banks is genuine because Banks is also mafia (and therefore I'd be clearing road too lightly) but using conditional reads is generally just bad. Basically I think Banks is mafia regardless of what road is but I think it does look good for road if Banks does indeed flip mafia.

I'll be expanding more on why Banks is and will be the only lynch today here shortly.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:48 PM   #2063
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

(thats probably a little firm for even my liking - I am always open to re-evaluating people/reconsidering all possibilites at just about every turn - I just want to be firm because I feel like we could be heading down the incorrect path with road right now and I want to steer some of the dicussion towards someone who I feel is more likely scum at the moment (im on page 18 now so I am almost fully caught up).
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:49 PM   #2064
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Im not wrong.

Also you're usage of the whole "im literally never his partner the way we speak to eachother"...the whole part where you use the adverb, "never", its like about as scummy as it gets...but who needs linguistics anyways.
Its clear you haven't read the interactions. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I know for a fact you're wrong. Go do your research and come back.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:50 PM   #2065
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Banker do not attempt to silence an attack on you I will turn on you faster than something which turns very fast on people.

In fact him not having read interactions may make his point of view better, as it is a fresh set of eyes. I am very interested in what he has to say.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:51 PM   #2066
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Its plausible that road is mafia and his push on Banks is genuine because Banks is also mafia (and therefore I'd be clearing road too lightly) but using conditional reads is generally just bad. Basically I think Banks is mafia regardless of what road is but I think it does look good for road if Banks does indeed flip mafia.

I'll be expanding more on why Banks is and will be the only lynch today here shortly.
Read ratchet's filter of day 1. Knowing he's mafia pretend me and him are both mafia it literally makes no sense. Too much him talking to me like he knows I'm town and clearly buddying and me talking to him like everyone else in the game whom I have no info on.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:53 PM   #2067
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
Its clear you haven't read the interactions. Go ahead. I'll wait.

I know for a fact you're wrong. Go do your research and come back.
Your petty dismissal may work on just about anyone else but you've picked the one person that it literally will never work on.

I dont care for "pedantic" verbiage (salute to Rachet) with the whole "know for a fact your wrong" and "go do research and come back" nonsense.

That doesnt mean I am not open to freely discussing your role and readjusting accordingly, though

Im sorry the stubbornness is going to aggravate you
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #2068
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achromatic View Post
Banker do not attempt to silence an attack on you I will turn on you faster than something which turns very fast on people.

In fact him not having read interactions may make his point of view better, as it is a fresh set of eyes. I am very interested in what he has to say.
If he reads ratchet's filter and STILL thinks I'm a wolf I'll accept it. I know the evidence is there that I'm town so I would like him to look at it. I think he clearly has read since he last read and hasn't actually read his filter as you know from reading his filter the interactions there are clearly w/v between me and him. I would be more interested to see how he relates others interactions.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 09:58 PM   #2069
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
I don't think its damning by any means obviously hes not the cop and my first assumption was wrong but I think that its an interesting interaction. I'm never mafia with ratchet though the way he talks to me is the same way capps talked to me last game. A scum wanting to do what the guy talking a lot says to blend in.

You could be town and saw that as well. Although I would of course leave false tells like thats as real seer and then just openly state my actual peek. Makes people think that you aren't the cop because its too blatant Interesting that you remember me saying you and achro weren't peeks.

Do you think if I was scum with ratchet I'd have that line of thought? Or at least fake that line of thought? Does it sound like a wolf talking to another wolf about a read?
i mean if you're mafia, you'd have to have made up some reasoning for why you didn't want to vote ratchet, which is that you thought he was the seer, then you'd need to find a reason you thought he was the seer, and then it's pretty simple from that point forward

this is probably not a useful thing to discuss though

i don't see why it can't be a w/w interaction?
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:00 PM   #2070
ChampionsMod
old hand
 
ChampionsMod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,472
Exclamation Vote Count

Votes from post 1743 to post 2069
Night in 21:59:57

---
VotesLynchVoters
4 road dorian78 (15), Riki (68), Slendy (61), fontisian (26)
2 dorian78 DocEspana (16), TehBankertin (61)
1 TehBankertin bhuber2010 (22)
2 not voting Achromatic (22), road (26)
ChampionsMod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:02 PM   #2071
Riki
adept
 
Riki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 1,123
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBankertin View Post
If he reads ratchet's filter and STILL thinks I'm a wolf I'll accept it. I know the evidence is there that I'm town so I would like him to look at it. I think he clearly has read since he last read and hasn't actually read his filter as you know from reading his filter the interactions there are clearly w/v between me and him. I would be more interested to see how he relates others interactions.
bolded seems kind of strange to me

if you believe so strongly that ratchet's filter clears you, and if bhuber reads ratchet's filter and continues to push you, shouldn't that make it more likely that bhuber is mafia trying to mislynch you in your eyes
Riki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #2072
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuber2010 View Post
Your petty dismissal may work on just about anyone else but you've picked the one person that it literally will never work on.

I dont care for "pedantic" verbiage (salute to Rachet) with the whole "know for a fact your wrong" and "go do research and come back" nonsense.

That doesnt mean I am not open to freely discussing your role and readjusting accordingly, though

Im sorry the stubbornness is going to aggravate you
I say what I say because I know its right and not up for discussion. If I was a wolf I'd react differently.

Also you should watch Jon Paul or Vert play with me sometimes I've had both claim red checks on me when I'm town for days on end when they were Vanilla town yelling at me the whole time how I'm mafia. Its not something I particularly am phased by. Fonti can attest to the legion of tunnelers.

I am confident and will continue to be this isn't something I'm unsure about like I was my cop read or the association with Riki. I know this one.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:08 PM   #2073
TehBankertin
[blod]
 
TehBankertin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Wolf Chat
Posts: 16,773
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
bolded seems kind of strange to me

if you believe so strongly that ratchet's filter clears you, and if bhuber reads ratchet's filter and continues to push you, shouldn't that make it more likely that bhuber is mafia trying to mislynch you in your eyes
Depends on how he comes back with the read having looked at the evidence. I'm not going to say someone mis reading me is lock mafia. Their brain could just work different than mine and others. I also mentioned earlier that someone pushing on a difficult misslynch is more likely to be town that a wolf because wolf just need to make it day to day. I care more about why he thinks I'm a wolf than THAT he thinks I'm a wolf.
TehBankertin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #2074
Achromatic
journeyman
 
Achromatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 368
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

I know multiple people have said stuff like this and I know it isn't a scummy thing to say for everyone but god I hate when people say they will accept something. Like, anyone who ever scum/wolf reads me gets a fight to my dying breath when I am town. I have no understanding of anyone at all. Maybe I am just mean.
Achromatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 10:12 PM   #2075
bhuber2010
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
bhuber2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: #PTPers4life
Posts: 16,332
Re: The 2015 Mafia Championship: Game 6

Banks, accuse me of being a mafia or something. Its almost hard to watch you treat me as if I am a villager, trying ever so hard, to convince me to consider the evidence that you're, in fact, town.

Tell the others I am trying to lead your mis-lynch. After all, I am your top mafia AORN.

Its almost painful to watch mafia respond they're backed against a wall.

Their brains, more often than not, are caught up in responding with the TMI effect of knowing I am town.
bhuber2010 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive